Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyHeyMandaKay

Manda Kay
hhhooooooly shit that was the scariest thing in my life. Just got mine. And I'm still shaky from the adrenaoine.

HeyHeyMandaKay,

VapeNow

Vapor Enthusiast
Retailer
We're currently working with Tom to see if we can figure out a better system for handling the PDs.

Thanks to everyone who posted constructive feedback, we have taken it into account :)

VapeNow,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
congrats on getting one, everyone who was able to get one.

Some other ideas: Ship that stuff UPS ground ( can be tracked and is almost ALWAYS delivered on the scheduled date ) their are a few shippers that offer services like this.

But honestly VapeNow.. all you need to do is let people know that you have them and that they will be going on sale at a set time and date, just give a day or 2 for everyone to go to the website / forums and see what that day and time is.

Survivalism,

Kurz

I also think a set day and time would fix most problems (though it would cause a heavy load to the website). I am past the point of frustrated. I have been at it for over 2 months, and wanted to get it to celebrate with some of my friends that are not going to be here next year. I guess I need to find something else then. These last two times I have had check4change running at 20 sec intervals and the only times it does notify me is when the page is taken down or the tracking #'s are slashed, which is odd since I have never even seen the add to cart button on the PD page.

Kurz,

max

Out to lunch
But honestly VapeNow.. all you need to do is let people know that you have them and that they will be going on sale at a set time and date, just give a day or 2 for everyone to go to the website / forums and see what that day and time is.
That seems to be the consensus. There would, at times, be more of a delay, since they can't announce a sale date/time unless they have the shipment in hand, but at least everyone would know when to expect the buy button to appear. If the tracking numbers can be posted to the site every week, they can post a sale time as well, or even in place of.

max,

VapeNow

Vapor Enthusiast
Retailer
max said:
That seems to be the consensus. There would, at times, be more of a delay, since they can't announce a sale date/time unless they have the shipment in hand, but at least everyone would know when to expect the buy button to appear. If the tracking numbers can be posted to the site every week, they can post a sale time as well, or even in place of.
The main issue with posting a time is that it would have to be pretty infrequent, maybe like 1 time per month. We tried a posted weekly date early on and had problems with that because our shipments weren't always on time. Such delays always resulted in many confused emails. This being said, this solution is a possibility.

We've asked Tom about a couple ideas and will post our new approach on this thread soon. Thanks for your patience.

VapeNow,

The Yeti

Damn!!! Checked Vapenow about a dozen times this morning...got caught up in some work for the early afternoon and miss out again! DAMN-IT!!! Sorry, gotta vent somewhere. :(

The Yeti,

nobodyever

Purple-Days said:
Welcome to the forum NObodyever.

you don't seem to understand business, or the costs of doing business.

Hire a professional woodworker? I've probably been messing with wood professionally longer than you have been around. Not to mention electronics and plumbing.

Go ahead and grow inpatient... We don't want to serve inpatient people, that's why we gave up the North American market. Too many Inpatient people, like you.

We like it the way it is. You need to move on.
You ask for advice to help supply/demand needs and you make fun of my user-name and join date? Yes, my expertise is international business models and not woodworking, you got me. First you deny cheap labor under the premise that you will have to explain everything, then reject hiring skilled workers because you are older than me?

I am not impatient, I am not even interested in your product. However, your personal attacks and nonprofessional behavior guarantee NObody that knows me will be buying your wood can.

Good day.

nobodyever,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It's all about back orders. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel here. Every publisher on the planet operates this way. Not only does it send out units to customers in a first-come-first-serve basis, but it delays payment until the unit is available and it gives the distributor and manufacturer a bead on what the supply needs are.

I am sure Vapenow uses an electronic inventory and ordering management system. If so, I would be SHOCKED if it didn't have this functionality built in already. If not, I would be happy to tell them how it can be done efficiently by hand. In the 90's I ran a publishing company that bought a DOS system programmed in the 70's. Even this old legacy system had this functionality build in.

stickstones,

aterphasma

*sigh* I feel like I missed the only opportunity I might ever have to get this wonderful vape. I actually managed to spy it on vapenow.com when it was on sale, had it in my cart, was ready to actually buy the thing, then decided I'd rather not have it stare me in the face for the two months I can't smoke/vape. Damn. I feel like an ass.

aterphasma,

nobilo

It's all about back orders. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel here. Every publisher on the planet operates this way. Not only does it send out units to customers in a first-come-first-serve basis, but it delays payment until the unit is available and it gives the distributor and manufacturer a bead on what the supply needs are.

I am sure Vapenow uses an electronic inventory and ordering management system. If so, I would be SHOCKED if it didn't have this functionality built in already. If not, I would be happy to tell them how it can be done efficiently by hand. In the 90's I ran a publishing company that bought a DOS system programmed in the 70's. Even this old legacy system had this functionality build in.
The first sentence of this post is spot on.....the back order thing has been mentioned several times, and is the most common way to fairly deal with a problem like this in the business world. While posting a time they will be on sale will at least stop the need to refresh and constantly check the site, it will not offer the kind of control that a waiting list/back order system would. If you just post a time, the scalpers will have the same advantage, and if the supply/demand issue remains you will have many being resold on the secondary market. If this isn't desired, then the only sane alternative is to control the process. Like the above poster stated....there's no need to reinvent the wheel here. Update to the technology that easily handles these kinds of issues....your system might already have the capability right now. My :2c:

nobilo,

Purple-Days

I think Pammy and Vapenow are working something out. I don't know what will come of it, I leave it in the hands of others.

Purple-Days,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I think it is great that you hit on a excellent design. I'm amused following the demand dilemmas: it must very satisfying that your product is so well though of. Has your product been reviewed in any of the Cannabis Press? Demand should go though the roof.

Right on! What a cool example of entrepreneurism! "Build a better mousetrap......."

macbill,

aterphasma

Let's not have demand go through the roof; it would be even MORE impossible to get your hands on one. :(

aterphasma,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
"Let's not have demand go through the roof; it would be even MORE impossible to get your hands on one. :( " --- Aterphasma

Not to worry, things are about to get straightened out. Vapenow.com has come with a solution to cut down on all the frustration. :peace:

p.s. I like your Avatar Macbill. Are you from Chicago?

Pammy-Days,

VapeNow

Vapor Enthusiast
Retailer
We are very pleased to announce that we will be opening a waiting list for those wanting to order a Purple Days. Details are on the listing at VapeNow.com: http://vapenow.com/index.php/Purple-Days-Vaporizer-p-266/

We will be updating the listing with details on how the waiting list will work over the next couple days.

We thank everyone for their constructive feedback and hope this system will work better for everyone involved.

Thanks,
VapeNow

VapeNow,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Good to hear vapenow, i hope that this solution will calm everyone down and take the unnessescary heat off of the team at PD, <3 you tom and pam.

Survivalism,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom