Purple-Days availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple-Days

Lots more I didn't use. :cool: Actually I made the first 'myrtle-zap'. Got the wood about 4 blocks from here. Used it to rebuild the softwood Azap. But since the Myrtle was for Rick and it was a signature product, hey that would be wrong. I had my own thoughts on what a vape should be.

Purple-Days,

baikal

Good to know that the warranty is not transferrable. I was gonna buy one to give as a gift - but the gift recipient's name would not be associated with his PD as far as Vapenow or Tom is concerned. I think I will go with a vape where the warranty issue isn't such a gray area.

BTW my:2c: - transferrable warranties are part of any high quality, durable, premium-priced product. To void warranties for second owners will diminish the reputation of the PD eventually. You think Storz and Bickel say "tough luck" when they recieve a broken Volcano for repair?

baikal,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Well the way I see it....two friends of mine hand built this vape JUST FOR ME. Now for me to buy that handmade creation (a damn good one at that :D) and sell it to benefit my own pocket...hell no that's when it turns into schiesty business.

Do any of you not see where Tom is coming from? :uhoh: people on this board are lost these days

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

baikal

Hennessy1414 said:
Well the way I see it....two friends of mine hand built this vape JUST FOR ME. Now for me to buy that handmade creation (a damn good one at that :D) and sell it to benefit my own pocket...hell no that's when it turns into schiesty business.

Do any of you not see where Tom is coming from? :uhoh: people on this board are lost these days

:peace:
Hennessy, you are old school - when T and P handed the reins over to Vapenow, I think things changed a little bit - warranty issues are one of those things you have to address when you transfer to a high volume, dedicated retailer like Vapenow. Perhaps a warranty registration card for the PD is in order....

baikal,

ILoveRadiohead!

baikal said:
I will go with a vape where the warranty issue isn't such a gray area.
It's not a gray area it's spelled out in black and white on the website. If the PD is the right cape for you (it's not for everyone) then it's your loss.

baikal said:
BTW my:2c: - transferrable warranties are part of any high quality, durable, premium-priced product.
Not from what I've experienced with the ton of electronics and appliances I've bought. Most all the products I've purchased cover only the original owner. Now extended warranties are a different matter, in that case you are essentially buying an extra insurance plan and some of these can in fact be transfered to a new owner.
baikal said:
To void warranties for second owners will diminish the reputation of the PD eventually.
A stellar product and unbelivable customer service for everyone who purchased the PD new makes me think that's highly unlikely.

ILoveRadiohead!,

Pammy-Days

Lovely Assistant
Hi,

I'm here to tell you that there will not be any Purple-Days for sale at Vapenow.com this week. I screwed up. I thought I'd placed an order on the 12th, but I didn't complete the Order. :uhoh: Therefore our Car adapters are delayed by about 8 days.

The next batch of PDs will ship out next Tuesday 2-3 day. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone. Hope you forgive me.

Have a happy day :peace:

Pammy-Days,

Smokey Mcpotster

Well taking into account Toms' wishes regarding production, the only thing I could come up with to help the process would be with shipping.

After vapenow sold the units they would send Tom and Pammy the customer info via fax/email. They could print out the labels and send the units to the customer instead of shipping them from one side of the US to the other. Maybe there is a program that would allow the customer info to be printed out right from the vapenow e-mail or fax. Save a little time and save Tom and Pam some extra postage as well.

Pammy you should of just said they were on back order. ;):lol:

Smokey Mcpotster,

ILoveRadiohead!

Smokey Mcpotster said:
After vapenow sold the units they would send Tom and Pammy the customer info via fax/email. They could print out the labels and send the units to the customer instead of shipping them from one side of the US to the other. Maybe there is a program that would allow the customer info to be printed out right from the vapenow e-mail or fax. Save a little time and save Tom and Pam some extra postage as well.
While I see where you are coming from, what you are describing is a lot more work and when you think about it, shipping one box to one address once a week is much quicker and easier than dealing with shipping twenty individual boxes to twenty individual addresses. Exactly one of the reasons vapenow is partnered with Tom and Pammy, it just helps simplify things for them.

ILoveRadiohead!,

Purple-Days

Yeah, Smokey Mcpotster. We could have said that, if we were somebody else. Just not our style, This whole thing is based on honesty and reputation. 100% lead free means 100%. RoHS compliant, means all RoHS. If we screw up we admit it. You can't fib, just a little, and keep a reputation.

Pammy showed me what happened. There were several steps including a 'confirm' and then a 'submit' button. She thought confirm was the last step. I used to do all the material ordering, but my eyesight is about gone. So Pammy has taken over that job. Everybody makes a mistake or two when they learn a new job. Unfortunately this comes at a time when supply and demand issues seem to be at a peak.

But this morning the Purple-Days Workshop get started. Sometimes there is a silver lining. I've got VN's order ready for next weel,plus quite a few Internationals waiting. Still plenty of regular PD work to do, but this will free up a few days of daylight so I can get my framing done.

A new shop space should make production go faster. Organized, room to work, tools at hand, designated storages spaces for parts etc. Right now Ihave 4 work locations with tools spread across the four. Need a phillips screwdriver? Might be in one of two spots. Need, this or that, hmmm wonder where I set tht down at. The shop should help tremendously. And get my work off of Pammy's desktop so she can also get better organized.

Smokey Mcpotster, ILoveRadioHead has it exactly. Not a bad idea to throw out there, but not one that would work to the PD crew's advantage. The daily Postal run was part of the issue. Yep one package (four actually) a week all to the same guy, all at once. one delivery confirmation, one receipt, one bookwork chore.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
ILoveRadiohead! said:
Smokey Mcpotster said:
While I see where you are coming from, what you are describing is a lot more work and when you think about it, shipping one box to one address once a week is much quicker and easier than dealing with shipping twenty individual boxes to twenty individual addresses. Exactly one of the reasons vapenow is partnered with Tom and Pammy, it just helps simplify things for them.
Exactly. Some people just refuse to see the obvious. Tom and Pammy don't want all the emails, complicated tracking of buyers, or frequent trips to the PO to ship one or two units. They all go to Vapenow, and the owner of that company sells via the method that works best for him. In case anyone missed it, Tom made himself a rule that he doesn't dictate selling policy to Vapenow. And the Vapenow owner isn't going to consider a waiting list or 'buy now deliver later' plan because it's too much work for him as well.

All this talk about the PD distribution system being broke and in need of a fix is ignoring the fact that the current system is what works best for Tom, Pammy, and Vapenow, and any other system will mean more work and aggravation. Some of the suggestions would work, as far as making it easier on buyers, but if Tom and Pam aren't happy doing more paperwork/computer work, and they aren't, then plan C rears its ugly head. And plan C means no more PD production and back to retirement for Tom. And shouldn't we be in favor of a plan that makes them happy and still provides people with the opportunity to get a great vaporizer? The current system produces more PDs than any other plan would allow.

And I think all this doomsday talk about punishing customers who buy from an unauthorized source, and tarnishing Tom's image, is kind of funny (it's an attempt at manipulation as well, which is also funny, knowing Tom). IMO the Purple-Days company can produce and sell as many vapes as it wants, for as long as it wants. It's an excellent product, and nobody is going to duplicate the quality at anywhere near the price. The Aromazap may look like the PD now, but if it had the design quality (think heat exchanger) and RoHS compliant parts of the PD, it wouldn't need to look like the PD. The reason the year old PD is hot, and the long produced Aromazap is not, is because it's a much better product. The only reason you can buy a zap (Myrtlezap) that'll hold up for longer than a year or two, is because Tom rebuilt a zap with decent hardwood instead of the soft wood that doesn't hold up. IMO, if it weren't for Tom, there would be no Mrytlewood zap and the zaps certainly wouldn't be PD shaped. And you still only get a 90 day warranty from that company.
transferrable warranties are part of any high quality, durable, premium-priced product.
Not really. Most high quality, premium priced products do not have warranties that can be transferred. Extended warranties are usually transferrable, but the original usually isn't.
baikal said:
To void warranties for second owners will diminish the reputation of the PD eventually.
Purple-Days said:
Let me clear something up. Nobody has had his warranty voided. The original purchaser has a warranty.
I think the fact that pretty much nobody will have a problem with their PD will outweigh the fact that a 2nd owner has no warranty. There's no temp control, no breakable parts, no longer even an LED to burn out. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a PD even if the warranty was 3 months instead of 3 years.

Tom has his plan, and it's his right to reserve warranty service for those who purchase through authorized channels. If anyone thinks there'll be a backlash from all the owners who are denied warranty service, well how much backlash can a few people create? The PD isn't a Vapir. Requests for warranty service are going to be few and far between. And speaking of Vapir, even with the worst reputation for reliability of any brand name, they still sell a ton of units. Inferior products with a crappy 90 day warranty haven't slowed them down much.

max,

baikal

" Tom and Pammy don't want all the emails, complicated tracking of buyers, or frequent trips to the PO to ship one or two units. They all go to Vapenow, and the owner of that company sells via the method that works best for him. "

Exactly - and until they start putting serial numbers on PDs, T and P won't know a VapeNow PD from a secondhand PD - they've said they are not interested in keeping track of that sort of thing.

baikal,

Purple-Days

Vapenow PDs all have e-mailed receipts. And VapeNow has records to back it up. All sales by Purple-Days have records, and I usually remember the person. All others are used equipment. No question about it.

What would a serial number do, the scalpers are buying them from VN, they aren't stealing them off railroad cars.

Purple-Days,

baikal

"What would a serial number do, the scalpers are buying them from VN, they aren't stealing them off railroad cars."

Good point Tom.

So I will be trying to obtain a second PD as a gift for my friend next week. I want to wrap and give with a personal card before she receives it, so I don't want to mailed directly to her. Plus she has moved to a different state from me.

Hypothetical Question: What if I mail it to her and it breaks 3 days after she starts using it? What happens? Do I need to provide her information to Vapenow when ordering? - she's not the type who'd appreciate my doing this.

Sorry....I should probably pose this question to Vapenow.

baikal,

lwien

Baikal, I think you may be over analyzing this. You're not dealing with the bureaucracy of a large manufacturing company. You are dealing with a husband and wife team who lives by the concepts of honesty and integrity.

One, is that it is VERY unlikely that her unit is gonna break. Secondly is that if it does break, I have no doubt that Tom and Pammy will take care of her unit with nothing but a simple email request from you. Their after-sale customer service is impeccable and is one of the main reasons why people here are so enamored with their product.

lwien,

Beezleb

They have done well with the warranty they always had, why change it when they are at a position of strength? It would be one thing if we were talking about an unknown product looking to break the market.

Beezleb,

VapeNow

Vapor Enthusiast
Retailer
baikal said:
"What would a serial number do, the scalpers are buying them from VN, they aren't stealing them off railroad cars."

Good point Tom.

So I will be trying to obtain a second PD as a gift for my friend next week. I want to wrap and give with a personal card before she receives it, so I don't want to mailed directly to her. Plus she has moved to a different state from me.

Hypothetical Question: What if I mail it to her and it breaks 3 days after she starts using it? What happens? Do I need to provide her information to Vapenow when ordering? - she's not the type who'd appreciate my doing this.

Sorry....I should probably pose this question to Vapenow.
It's really simple -- you will get a receipt via email when you buy. Hold on to it (of course we keep copies too). If the unit breaks, get in touch with us or have your friend do so. We'll verify that it was bought directly from us and if it was we'll provide the necessary info for getting it repaired.

VapeNow,

Smokey Mcpotster

Well I didn't make my point correctly or was misunderstood. I meant Tom and Pam would just put a vapenow mailing label on them, once they were sold on vapenows website. Vapenow would send Tom the info/ sticker. It would just mean they left Oregon to the customer instead of Oregon to Vermont to customer.Still one less trip through the USPS, and vapenow would still do the tracking-email confirmation. No big deal.:D
And I WAS joking about the back order.:lol:
Got my PD on 5-9, Best money I ever spent. You build a great product Tom/Pam. Vapenow was great as well. Thanks guys

Smokey Mcpotster,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I think the new plan to help people have more complete information about PD delivery times and availability through mail tracking is a great idea! Nothing is ever perfect, but if this doesn't stop people from complaining then no reasonable solution will.

Durden,

Purple-Days

Haven't seen the 'new plan' yet. Been pounding nails all day. Sub-floor framed and set. That is 'glued and nailed down'. Roof truss framing on the deck in the morning.Maybe a wall or two laid out in the afternoon. Long time since I have done this but it's like riding a bike.

Baikal, a gift is a different item. Of course you know the recipient, and would have no trouble vouching for them. And of course you wont be, 'jimvanmar' who ain't gonna vouch for nobody. Like max said, I am not a corporate giant waiting to screw you. I make these for friends. I have always considered every purchaser to be a part of a special family. You give a new one to a friend, they become one of our friends. You sell one, it's a used, resold, second-hand vape. :cool:

Purple-Days,

baikal

monkey vision said:
Damn, I'm glad I didn't put my PD online. Bad vibes for life!

Had some financial issues after buying it and had to use it to pay down debt in some way. Couldn't bring myself to put it on ebay for fear of fucking with the good vibes that went into creating it. However, gotta put food on the table for more than just myself so it was in the back of my mind. I originally got it for my Mom, who ended up not wanting it, which was lame. My brother in law ended up saving the day by buying it from me the other day ($180, no profit for me) and he frigg'n loves it! He's is clumsy as shit so this is the perfect device for him. I ended up not liking it as much, once I finally tried it, so the PD found it's happy home. Don't know why I even posted this...guilt?....I don't know. I just hope that my situation doesn't piss off the creators.

Take care all.
Dude your brother-in-law is clumsy and you gave hima PD?!?!? don't you know those things have NO WARRANTY if you're not the original owner. He better treat it like it's crystal...

baikal,

Purple-Days

Didn't you read my last post, Baikal? Or are you just being funny? Sometimes it doesn't translate to the written format so well. Or are you just being ... a BITCH?

Purple-Days,

lwien

Unfortunately Tom, I think it's the latter. Lots of riff raff comin' in here lately. :(

One of the downsides of subbing out the distribution, I guess. You used to be able to pick and choose who you do business with. Can't do that now, which is kind of a bummer.

mod note: riff raff=name calling, even if indirectly. #1 rule- Be nice. (even in the Lounge) ;)

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom