Multi-brand Puri5 Titantic 2/Weeke Fenix

Radiocitysuicide

Hi, and welcome on FC, epic place. What I saw on Kushbury's video, is actually that they did not even remove the big "F" Fenix logo on the top of the device (3:26) - means I would expect just about the same efforts regarding the insides. Don't think even a better battery was installed, and I would be very surprised to see a totally different heating method. Fenix is a brilliant little device, but not a 100% convection, period. The way it works, is basically you get your herbs heated by conduction to a certain point, than the final amount of heat for extraction comes from convectional hot air. Without a draw your load gets fairly cooked in 5 minutes, but still not wasted (slight browning on the bottom, but not the sides, still fresh green on the top) - this is where pressure sensor gets in game. Your load is also kept above "void" so no direct contact with the heated bottom. Obviously a full waste if "enhanced" mode is on, thats just a regular conduction owen with lots of radiating heat.

As I live in a country where cannabis qualified illegal, I cannot comment on that. I use a mixture of additive free tobacco, and various herbal mixes off Ebay :science:, and stopped smoking about 3 years now.
Kushbury's results seem legit though.

For the prices around the net, I would not hesitate, which one to buy :) Puri5 left me with the impression of a poorly constructed company, their price for a rebrand is just not worth it, especially with other good units around the market in that price range.

The "reviews" on the Puri5 website are also good for a laugh. Obviously fake.

I did order from alibaba and they said it's being sent to the freight forwarder and I should get my shipping confirmation tomorrow. Fingers crossed! The whole thing still feels sketchy in a way but I took the risk at 63 dollars.

Radiocitysuicide,
Reactions: GEED

danald2000

Agreed @uhranium. Also @Gibarian what percentage would you say the the vaporization in the Fenix is vaporization? Also I am still convinced by enhanced mode. Does it just turn on a conduction heater that it is otherwise not utilized? Also what role does the sensor play? Does it have an effect like the one on the pax 2? Thank you so much!

danald2000,

Greenfinger53

can someone tell us a bad thing about this vape?#

one of the most interesting aspects: the whole vape costs less than getting your mighty batteries fixed by SB

1) no water pipe adapter
2) specific screens might be tricky to get hold of?
3) the mouth price is ok at best, I would rather it be a smoother shape.
4) the info on the box isn't very good.

I only have an Xmas v2 pro to compare it too (which is a damn good budget vape) and I picked up the fenix every time unless I really wanted to use a peice of glass

Greenfinger53,

GEED

Gaseouser
can someone tell us a bad thing about this vape?#

-plastic mouthpiece is anything, but ergonomic.
-screen in load chamber cannot be changed - however, anything falls through gets contained (and incinerated eventually), and not getting way inside the vape. It can also be cleaned with ISO - with necessary cautions though.
-battery is not replaceable. We could be different, but it is a major down for me.
-pressure sensing has varied reviews in ecigs regarding lifetime, cannot comment ATM, time will tell (for the price I can afford a new Fenix once in a while, or change the thingy).
-When empty and new, I can still pickup some rubbery flavor to it, even though the airpath is sealed. If I have to rate the airtightness, I would go for 97%, rather than a 100, it is just not perfect (leakage around the 3 cables going through the white ceramic bit). It can be rated as foodsafe, but not perfect in my sense. I have OCD though - so I must mod it with some dental ceramic putty, otherwise I die in a seizure:D
-good quality craftmanship, ok solder joints, PCB looks like a mothership, but thermistor is not too tempting - could be nothing wrong with it, but I prefer sturdy glass beads.

what percentage would you say the the vaporization in the Fenix is vaporization? Also I am still convinced by enhanced mode. Does it just turn on a conduction heater that it is otherwise not utilized? Also what role does the sensor play? Does it have an effect like the one on the pax 2?

Vaporization is 100% - no sign of any combustion on any settings (so far, this will change with time, as it always does in these vapes, due to thermistor degradation, however I have a 2 years old Imag on a regular rota, that has a good quality glass bead thermistor, unlike the Fenix). There is no separate heating method - only one coil (I suspect a ceramic disc heater). The difference is how long this piece gets turned on, and what switches it on - a sensor does it less often, a thermistor does it all the time, when temp drops below a certain level. I never owned a PAX 2 myself, as it always was an overpriced option for me. I am into homecrafts, and cheapos from China (to mod). However an excellent channel (the only other guy doing occasional disassemblies) - Vaporizers Reviewed - did a teardown on PAX 2, and could not figure what exactly is that function, or how it is utlized. But logic says, that it is the same exact f*ing thing :D - when sensor picks up inhale - so big drop in temperature can be expected - it just gives a boost of heating.

danald2000

-plastic mouthpiece is anything, but ergonomic.
-screen in load chamber cannot be changed - however, anything falls through gets contained (and incinerated eventually), and not getting way inside the vape. It can also be cleaned with ISO - with necessary cautions though.
-battery is not replaceable. We could be different, but it is a major down for me.
-pressure sensing has varied reviews in ecigs regarding lifetime, cannot comment ATM, time will tell (for the price I can afford a new Fenix once in a while, or change the thingy).
-When empty and new, I can still pickup some rubbery flavor to it, even though the airpath is sealed. If I have to rate the airtightness, I would go for 97%, rather than a 100, it is just not perfect (leakage around the 3 cables going through the white ceramic bit). It can be rated as foodsafe, but not perfect in my sense. I have OCD though - so I must mod it with some dental ceramic putty, otherwise I die in a seizure:D
-good quality craftmanship, ok solder joints, PCB looks like a mothership, but thermistor is not too tempting - could be nothing wrong with it, but I prefer sturdy glass beads.

Vaporization is 100% - no sign of any combustion on any settings (so far, this will change with time, as it always does in these vapes, due to thermistor degradation, however I have a 2 years old Imag on a regular rota, that has a good quality glass bead thermistor, unlike the Fenix). There is no separate heating method - only one coil (I suspect a ceramic disc heater). The difference is how long this piece gets turned on, and what switches it on - a sensor does it less often, a thermistor does it all the time, when temp drops below a certain level. I never owned a PAX 2 myself, as it always was an overpriced option for me. I am into homecrafts, and cheapos from China (to mod). However an excellent channel (the only other guy doing occasional disassemblies) - Vaporizers Reviewed - did a teardown on PAX 2, and could not figure what exactly is that function, or how it is utlized. But logic says, that it is the same exact f*ing thing :D - when sensor picks up inhale - so big drop in temperature can be expected - it just gives a boost of heating.

Thank you! what percentage of the vaporization do you think is convection compared to conduction?

danald2000,

Radiocitysuicide

1) no water pipe adapter
2) specific screens might be tricky to get hold of?
3) the mouth price is ok at best, I would rather it be a smoother shape.
4) the info on the box isn't very good.

I only have an Xmas v2 pro to compare it too (which is a damn good budget vape) and I picked up the fenix every time unless I really wanted to use a peice of glass

I wonder if this would work as a water pipe adapter it works well for my mighty.

http://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/

GEED

Gaseouser
what percentage of the vaporization do you think is convection compared to conduction?
Hard to say, but a lot. Further back I detailed the method, your load sits above an empty space (air as insulation between heatsource and load), final extraction is done by convectional heat - only bottom layer gets some extra radiation, which can be justified as conduction. It really is a different - and better -method, than directly heated chambers, where load gets cooked away so fast, and during inhalation you actually pull fairly cool air through most of the load.. Call this one a hybrid method, but really, really works.

GEED,
Reactions: KeroZen

Radiocitysuicide

Greenfinger53

That should be a massive seller, for just £40 without the hassle of dealing with Jeremy thats hard to beat.

Greenfinger53,

uhranium

oh, that's so great.

Vaping just entered a new level. where you can get a reasonable vape for the same $-amount some oldschool potheads burn on a daily basis.

RelaxedNow

I've been following this thread from its beginning. It seems nearly everyone has been surprised at how well the unit works, so I thought I'd give it a try. I found that the company at the link from @Radiocitysuicide provides free shipping within the U.S., so I bought 2 at $48 each. I figured at that price, if I don't like it, I'll only grumble a little before moving on. If I do like it, somebody will be receiving one as a gift.

Wow I Googled that and found it for 48 dollars US 52.98 after tax and shipping in cart. Didn't order it since mine already shipped but ten dollars cheaper.

https://www.everyonedoesit.com/aromatic-herb-vaperizer-kit-the-convector.html

Radiocitysuicide

I've been following this thread from its beginning. It seems nearly everyone has been surprised at how well the unit works, so I thought I'd give it a try. I found that the company at the link from @Radiocitysuicide provides free shipping within the U.S., so I bought 2 at $48 each. I figured at that price, if I don't like it, I'll only grumble a little before moving on. If I do like it, somebody will be receiving one as a gift.

Yeah that price fucks with my head lol. I already have one on the way but considered getting another to give away to a friend or something, but I'll wait till I try it. I think that price is a sale price though so not sure how long it will last. I wonder if they are trying to get some units out there to generate interest.

Radiocitysuicide,

RelaxedNow

Yeah that price fucks with my head lol. I already have one on the way but considered getting another to give away to a friend or something, but I'll wait till I try it. I think that price is a sale price though so not sure how long it will last. I wonder if they are trying to get some units out there to generate interest.

I wondered the same....or perhaps they're just trying to dump them. Either way, they're just too cheap to pass up, and I wasn't crazy about the games some sellers are playing.

My order shipped from Las Vegas today, so I'll report on my opinion, FWIW, in a few days.

RelaxedNow,
Reactions: GEED

RelaxedNow

I received my 2 "convector"/Fenix vapes from everyonedoesit.com today. I charged one of them with my laptop for about 30-45 minutes, then checked and the led was green. I soaked the mouthpiece in iso, and did a burnoff cycle. I saw no off-gassing (though I didn't fuss with the lighting), and detected no odor whatsoever.

I filled it loosely to the top of the bowl, maybe slightly packed as I did push it in with a finger. The bowl design is very nice, in that there are no crevices and the area above it is funnel-shaped, so there was no mess to deal with. I turned it on, clicked my way to the second setting (blue), and waited for it to heat up.

I was totally surprised to find that it delivers decent vapor immediately, rather than on the 2nd or 3rd draw like some portables, particularly since it is reported to be primarily convection. I hit it 4 or 5 times, then dumped the herb to see what it looked like. It was evenly toasted to a light brown, and appeared to have no hot or cold spots.

Since it's mid-afternoon here, and I have chores I'd like to complete (at least my wife says I do) :love:, I'm not interested in getting totally wasted. However, I guarantee that more testing will take place tonight.

BTW, this test was with some Jamaican Dream that I grew outdoors last summer. It's definitely still good.

Gotta go.....my honey-do's are awaiting.

EDIT: So, I've been vaping on this thing with my wife, and we both really like it. We're quite loaded, and still working on the bowl I started earlier! Many, many hits, and we're getting a good amount of vapor, and it's still flavorful. After several sessions, I haven't yet felt that it was getting too hot. Yes, the unit starts to heat up in the hand, but by that time we're needing a break, and the vapor is still cool. Using it alone, I don't think it could get too hot for me, though YMMV.

We'll see how I feel after more use, but for now I'm happy.

Last edited:

danald2000

Is this the magical cheap, effective, safe, flavorful vaporizer from China that we have been waiting for?? Truly people who own it can you tell everything bad about it. Because damn is there any reason not to order on for $48??

danald2000,

danald2000

@Haunts can you explain exactly how you fitted the mighty glass mouthpiece onto the body? Is there a specific o ring that you recommend? Or just a picture album explaining the process. Thank you!

danald2000,

RelaxedNow

Is this the magical cheap, effective, safe, flavorful vaporizer from China that we have been waiting for?? Truly people who own it can you tell everything bad about it. Because damn is there any reason not to order on for $48??

It's not perfect, but mine is working very well. I just watched the Seahawks/Dolphins (Go Hawks) game with my brother, and the battery is still going after about 5 hours. I'm not sure how many cycles that was, but it was enough. I'm not sure I like how the mouthpieces attaches (it seems the o-ring is crucial), but so far it hasn't been a problem.

Yeah, at $48, it's impressive. I'm not sure it's worth $150 though, as I saw it priced on at least one site. For that price, the battery life would have to be spectacular, and/or be swappable. Buy 2 at $48 though, and the problem is solved.

@Haunts can you explain exactly how you fitted the mighty glass mouthpiece onto the body? Is there a specific o ring that you recommend? Or just a picture album explaining the process. Thank you!

Yes, I'd be interested as well.

danald2000

@RelaxedNow So is your only complaint the limited battery life? Everything is comparable to other vapes you've tried (speciffically the boundless and crafty/mighty families?).

Also another battery question, can the unit be charged while in operation and how fast does it charge?

danald2000,

RelaxedNow

@RelaxedNow So is your only complaint the limited battery life? Everything is comparable to other vapes you've tried (speciffically the boundless and crafty/mighty families?).

Also another battery question, can the unit be charged while in operation and how fast does it charge?

@danald2000, I'm not saying the battery life is bad, or disappointing at all. I just want more. :) Especially if I was paying $150. But, I have high expectations in general.

I've not used a Crafty. Personally, I like this better than the Mighty, mainly because I prefer the higher level of convection. It's also simpler to explain to first-time users. The Mighty is a heck of a device though. Tough call overall.....but at $350 less, I would definitely choose the Fenix or whatever the distributor happens to call it. Another thing that I like about this unit, is the easy draw; very little restriction. I also have an OG Firefly, an ESV, and a CFX. I'll just say that if this thing keeps on working, it'll probably remain my favorite, at least until something really compelling comes along. It'll probably be battery life that'll get me to buy another, ultimately.....that's an endless quest.

I'm not sure about use while charging. I'm leery of trying it, as I'm concerned it could harm the battery. I haven't charged it from full discharge yet, and haven't watched even the partial charges closely enough to know, but after an hour or so I check and it's done. I'll try to watch the next charge, and will post the result.

Last edited:

danald2000

@RelaxedNow Do the temperature settings offer an range good enough for you? do you find yourself wishing for variable temp like the cfx or are the five enough? So if it works you like it more than the cfx correct?

Also thank you so much for all the information. I have been asking a lot of questions and want to express my gratitude for helping me get more information!

danald2000,
Top Bottom