PUFFiT portable

The taste doesn't bother me per se. I notice it, more so after a few days of using my EQ. Still, the portabilty and stealth factor shine through.

A friend from work and I used it the other day while walking down the sidewalk. No one was the wiser, and we both got pretty roasted off a really small bowl. I did notice after the session that the ABV was nearly black. I feel like if we had pushed it a little further we would've combusted.

Dogman, I'm amazed that a few hits gets you going. It's been a few days since I've used mine. Maybe I just need a T-break, but I usually need half to a whole bowl before I'm there.

kingofnull,

bigtvapes

Yea mine's got the taste. It's not this overbearing, tongue coating horror show that some have described but it's there and I wish it wasn't. It's literally ONE downside to the plethora of good things about this device.

Yea mine's got the taste. It's not this overbearing, tongue coating horror show that some have described but it's there and I wish it wasn't. It's literally ONE downside to the plethora of good things about this device.

Indeed, it certainly doesn't affect my enjoyment of the device. But agreed, I wish the taste wasn't there.

kingofnull,

OF

I was showing it to a friend of mine a few days ago and actually got clouds large enough to make both of us cough. It seems the more I use it, the better it gets.

Funny how that works, isn't it? I'm reminded of the Mark Twain quote "Between the time I was 14 and I was 21 I was amazed at how much my father could learn in only seven short years".

You know, of course, this effect is not exclusively a trait with this vape? Lots of them seem to get smarter as they learn about their new owners......

Best wishes.

OF

VisiblyVaped

Indeed, it certainly doesn't affect my enjoyment of the device. But agreed, I wish the taste wasn't there.
I dont use mine, basically ever, because of the taste. I eagerly await a fix.

Until then, love the device but hate a $140 paperweight

Edit: my device has the strong, plastic taste that literally coats your throat and mouth. Causes nausea for me personally...

VisiblyVaped,

Jenny

VapeGirl
Honestly, the aftertaste reminds me of the aftertaste of a blunt and I hate that. & vaping shouldn't taste ANYWHERE near combusting. Time for a mint...

Jenny,
Reactions: Dogman
After using my PUFFiT again today, I do understand where some people are coming from when they say the plastic coats their mouth. I found it a little hard to swallow after my sesh today and that's not something I noticed after using my EQ almost exclusively for the past week. The taste does linger for a long time. After a meal and a popsicle I can still taste it on the back of my tongue. I didn't noticed it so prevalent when I was out and about last week with my friend, but it was really obvious immediately after an EQ sesh. Damn, what a bummer.

kingofnull,

Elvis

bricked
My puffit is chugging along nicely. Been using it everyday for the past 2 weeks, ive been getting 2 full bowls per charge, which is ok for just me but not really good for more then 2 people how ever because of that, unless you have a handy USB available! Hopefully the pax will hold a longer life..
Plastic taste was stubble and only lasted a few bowls now its gone. If you pull quite slowly on this you get the best hits, also the 15seconds then becomes easy to do.
All in all I'd say this is worth the moneys! I've been giving it a whirl in fairly public places with out anyone expressing any concern.. you can smell herb how ever so you still need to be a little bit discreet about it.
I've got a pax in the way and I'll share my experience with it once I've get to know its personality ; )
Happy vaping all! And I hope the extreme plastic taste that some people are getting clear up or get fixed

Elvis,

Elvis

bricked
After using my PUFFiT again today, I do understand where some people are coming from when they say the plastic coats their mouth. I found it a little hard to swallow after my sesh today and that's not something I noticed after using my EQ almost exclusively for the past week. The taste does linger for a long time. After a meal and a popsicle I can still taste it on the back of my tongue. I didn't noticed it so prevalent when I was out and about last week with my friend, but it was really obvious immediately after an EQ sesh. Damn, what a bummer.
Maybe I need to try using a different vape for a bit then see if I can taste plastic!

Elvis,
Try it. I don't feel sick, I don't think I really got a headache, but this last session definitely had a strong plastic taste. I could always smell the plastic, but I didn't take much notice to it until after a weeks worth of another vaporizer.

kingofnull,

bigtvapes

you can smell herb how ever so you still need to be a little bit discreet about it

This is the only thing that concerns me with this device. It's almost too stealth. I'm worried some dumb kids will be rocking vape rips in class or something and drawing unnecessary attention on the device.

bigtvapes,

PuffitFan

Follow the cleaning instructions that the manufacture posted and the taste will go away.

I've been reading this thread for quite a while now on guest, but I finally decided to make an account and post something because I feel like you guys overlooked the cleaning video.

I ran 2 syringes of salt/iso mix and 3 more of just iso through my Puffit as the video demonstrated. I then used a cotton swab to clean the bowl, paying special attention to upper silicone ring AND the lower ring (around the hole).

I now have 100% better taste and actually get better clouds aswell. I just don't think it was meant to be used before a cleaning. Anything of this nature that's manufactured should be cleaned before use anyway, if you think about it. You don't want to inhale all the dust that happens in a factory.

p.s. There is no BPA in Silicone for anyone worried about that. It's rubber based, not plastic really.

Follow the cleaning instructions that the manufacture posted and the taste will go away.

I've been reading this thread for quite a while now on guest, but I finally decided to make an account and post something because I feel like you guys overlooked the cleaning video.

I ran 2 syringes of salt/iso mix and 3 more of just iso through my Puffit as the video demonstrated. I then used a cotton swab to clean the bowl, paying special attention to upper silicone ring AND the lower ring (around the hole).

I now have 100% better taste and actually get better clouds aswell. I just don't think it was meant to be used before a cleaning. Anything of this nature that's manufactured should be cleaned before use anyway, if you think about it. You don't want to inhale all the dust that happens in a factory.

p.s. There is no BPA in Silicone for anyone worried about that. It's rubber based, not plastic really.

I'll try it.

kingofnull,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Curious??? i will give it a go when i get back from my vacation

I followed the cleaning instructions.

Syringed the ISO/Salt mix through about 5 times

The smell and taste are still there.

I'm sure the cleaning video from them was an afterthought. They had no intention of us cleaning the vapor path. Until we started asking how. They obviously assumed that the silicone tube wouldn't get dirty. Since Andrew stated that they used a silicone that has a resistance to build up. That answer just proves to me that they never smoked or vaped before and have no clue that resin will build up on anything. That's why it took awhile for us to get the cleaning video. They first had to figure out how to do it.

I'm trying hard not to bash the Puffit.

I do use it 8 times a week.

I can even overlook the battery taking 2 1/2 to 3 hours to charge. Which to me is unacceptable.

But if they don't fix the smell and taste of it.

I doubt there will ever be a second generation Puffit on the market due to them being out of business from the failure of the first.

Jenny

VapeGirl
After two cleanings and hammering the screens, I realized my screens are a bit shot...went to gotvape to order more and I don't see that they have any for sale, just the caps. I don't want to use the wrong sizes or the wrong mesh...I have 2 more but in a month or less I will be changing and cleaning again and then will need replacements. I guess I'll email them :rolleyes:

But this little thing has became my favorite, I haven't even used my volcano in 2 days because it's so effortless to vape from the PuFFiT. At first I wasn't happy with it, but it has seriously grown on me, and I have found myself using my reading lamp at night to see the vapor. I need to get the i-go next for an upcoming all day concert.

OF

After two cleanings and hammering the screens, I realized my screens are a bit shot...went to gotvape to order more and I don't see that they have any for sale, just the caps. I don't want to use the wrong sizes or the wrong mesh...I have 2 more but in a month or less I will be changing and cleaning again and then will need replacements. I guess I'll email them :rolleyes:

A couple of thoughts come to mind, but please remember I don't have one so I may be way off base? First off, these are stainless steel screens we're talking about here, right? Flame them. Grab them by the edge with long tweezers or a clamp or roach clip (at last a new use for an old friend....). Then turn your torch type lighter loose on it, torch it until it glows red and 'move the red spot' all around it. Takes maybe 10 seconds? After it cools you can brush the ash off and carry on like it was new. Tough stuff. Easy to do, does a great job.

Secondly, there's nothing magic about the screens. You can get fine mesh SS 'pipe screens' all over but in inch sizes. I'm guessing you have 3/4 inch? A bag of 100 of these was a few bucks when I got mine. The 'trick' is they're easy to trim down to size, good scissors will do a great job since it's only one wire at a time really. Get one a little bit larger than needed if you can't get a good match, then trim it square (with the mesh). Flatten the corners (make it 8 sided) and it'll probably work fine, otherwise, nip off the corners for a 16 side fit. Doesn't take long at all, but be careful the little bits of wire don't get all over.

http://www.amazon.com/100ct-Lot-Metal-Screens-STEEL/dp/B0075MX4VS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1345220411&sr=8-6&keywords=pipe screens

Just take the screen to your local head shop. I'm sure they can help you match it.

I guess where you live is different, but in my state, even if the item is sterile, the shop owners do not want it in their store, period.

Last time I was there, in fact, a young person came in and produced a pipe out of his pocket, wishing to purchase a screen for it. He was asked to leave the store immediately, in very specific terms his objections about the cleanliness of his device being noted by all, and the entire situation was tense to say the least . . .

Bummer, but them's the rules. "When in Rome....".

If you want to go this route (get a single screen from a local HS at retail....), I'd suggest tracing the used one's outline on a piece of paper and bringing that in if the genuine article will raise eyebrows?

OF

Just take the screen to your local head shop. I'm sure they can help you match it.

Or buy large screens and just cut them to size like OF suggested.

kingofnull,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Check with your shop before bringing anything used like that into it, let alone whipping it out of your pocket. In my state, its illegal, and every owner/employee will take immediate action, usually not friendly, if you do this. Just think ahead so the situation stays safe (cool) for all involved :2c:

t-dub,
Reactions: OF
Check with your shop before bringing anything used like that into it, let alone whipping it out of your pocket. In my state, its illegal, and every owner/employee will take immediate action, usually not friendly, if you do this. Just think ahead so the situation stays safe (cool) for all involved :2c:

I should've said after cleaning. That's my bad for assuming it was implied to only take clean items.

kingofnull,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I should've said after cleaning. That's my bad for assuming it was implied to only take clean items.
I guess where you live is different, but in my state, even if the item is sterile, the shop owners do not want it in their store, period. The guy who runs the vape cabinet at my LHS actually came out to my car to see my VXL Cloud. Even if it was brand new, I still couldn't have brought it in there to show it to them, I would have been thrown off the premises immediately, and rightfully so.

Last time I was there, in fact, a young person came in and produced a pipe out of his pocket, wishing to purchase a screen for it. He was asked to leave the store immediately, in very specific terms his objections about the cleanliness of his device not withstanding, and the entire situation was tense to say the least . . .

t-dub,
So I got my puffit in the mail yesterday, charged it, and vaped two bowls back to back. There was no vapor(using settings 6-8), only the first couple draws tasted good, all other draws tasted like plastic, and I never felt medicated. Today I only vaped one bowl, not wanting to waste any medication if something is wrong with my unit. Is there a possibility I received a faulty unit? I hope not. Any tips will help.

Wake_and_Bake,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
So I got my puffit in the mail yesterday, charged it, and vaped two bowls back to back. There was no vapor(using settings 6-8), only the first couple draws tasted good, all other draws tasted like plastic, and I never felt medicated. Today I only vaped one bowl, not wanting to waste any medication if something is wrong with my unit. Is there a possibility I received a faulty unit? I hope not. Any tips will help.

First I have ever heard of "never felt medicated"...

Kuroth1,
Top Bottom