PUFFiT portable

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I am getting my PUFFiT tomorrow... pending any snags in USPS. I am really looking forward to trying to out. I sort of have been following this thread, but I am not really paying close attention. We shall see how it preforms for me tomorrow.

I think mine just comes with the USB charging cable. If that is true I will find it very annoying to charge... All my USB ports including the extra expansion hubs I plugged in on my computer are taken. Already thinking about what will be unplugged while this charges. I do wish the manufacturer included a wall charger adapter with the unit.

Slightly Medicated,

Coastal

I am getting my PUFFiT tomorrow... pending any snags in USPS. I am really looking forward to trying to out. I sort of have been following this thread, but I am not really paying close attention. We shall see how it preforms for me tomorrow.

I think mine just comes with the USB charging cable. If that is true I will find it very annoying to charge... All my USB ports including the extra expansion hubs I plugged in on my computer are taken. Already thinking about what will be unplugged while this charges. I do wish the manufacturer included a wall charger adapter with the unit.

Since you mentioned charging. Here's a neat way to make sure you are able to charge anywhere:
Buy a portable power supply like the I-go Green. Mine has foldout electrical prongs and 2 usb oulets. When away from laptop or wall outlets, just plug a short usb cable into it and the Puffit and turn it on. Within one hour you'll have enough charge for a dozen or more draws and it will perform a complete charge in the regular time. When you are home you can recharge the I-go and the Puffit simultaneously from the wall outlet.

I you want to get a good review, read the entire thread. I know it's long but you can benefit from everything the rest of us have learned.

Coastal,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

I'm really curious about your review. This will definitely sway me.

A couple more observations from my experience with the Puffit.

I am liking it more and more. Found that the indicator light for ready is too soon. On the first draw I wait till the light goes green, yellow, and red. Then press cap again, taking my first draw after that. I also take 2 draws for each cycle, one while the led is red. Less battery drain, more meds.

I discovered that long before you taste you are getting med. Also after you think the material is done, it is not. I have been drawing on one load since yesterday, maybe 30 draws, 6 sessions. At first only a couple, then near the end turned it up to 8 and took 8 or so draws. I've been getting equally medicated each time no less so at the end.

This really surprised me since I examined the ABV and it has been really brown for the last 3 sessions. Apparently the vapor will recondense if not drawn out. So don't think it is done when you get a good color, it just takes a bit more heat, a few more draws to get a lot more, and it is considerable.

I'm a bit sad now to think of all the ABV I flushed, thinking it was "done". :(

Oh, also got my Pax today. Charging that puppy right now. I love the Puffit and it will be my main travel unit (not flying of course), but the Pax is absolutely beautiful. A work of art. Reviews of it on this forum are stellar.

Why not for flying? If you cleaned it and threw it in your check in, what would be the risk?

newVaper420,

Coastal

I'm really curious about your review. This will definitely sway me.

Why not for flying? If you cleaned it and threw it in your check in, what would be the risk?

No matter how well you clean it there will be residue that a dog will alert on. If it's in your bag and it gets x-rayed, they will see it. The battery/circuitry will alert them and they might think it is something else, maybe an explosive device.

I'm not taking any chances. Driving with it in a bag is one thing, flying is another.

Coastal,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
No matter how well you clean it there will be residue that a dog will alert on. If it's in your bag and it gets x-rayed, they will see it. The battery/circuitry will alert them and they might think it is something else, maybe an explosive device.

I'm not taking any chances. Driving with it in a bag is one thing, flying is another.

Ahh cool I gotcha :-). Definitely respect that.

newVaper420,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Most people travel with so many electronics in there bags I don't see how it can make a difference.

Dreamerr,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
newVaper420 - the way I see it, PAX cleans up much nicer which is great if you are travelling by air. As I and others have mentioned, the real advantage of the PUFFiT is it's discreetness is public. The PAX would be fine for medicating in the hotel, or the car, or other semi/private location (restroom/changeroom). I'd be less nervous taking PUFFiT out in public, because it simply looks more legitimate.

Kuroth1 - why would you need to go to the restroom to use PUFFit? At a baseball game or concert like you mentioned, I'd probably just rip it in public.

I am a chicken Shit.. Once I retire and secure my pension I will... :ninja:

Kuroth1,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Most people travel with so many electronics in there bags I don't see how it can make a difference.

OT: Yeah, I'm gonna grab a Pax, make sure it's clean, and put a pack of tobacco and the pax in my check in, and think I should be good.

In regards to the Puffit, I'd really like to get this one but I'm afraid of the taste and the vapor path.

newVaper420,

Ontariovapes

Sat down to anther Puffit session today. I used the AVB from my EQ and within five hits I was over medicated. It has a delay so don't get frustrated. I still get no visible vapor and no plastic taste. I also did the phantom vape test on highest temp and there was none. Either I'm sensory deprived or I got one of the newer ones. I love t fir the price, the stealth, and the convenience. I can't wait o get my Pax for a head to head. It'll be another week if so as I'm waiting for a purple one. Stay tuned.

Ontariovapes,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Sat down to anther Puffit session today. I used the AVB from my EQ and within five hits I was over medicated. It has a delay so don't get frustrated. I still get no visible vapor and no plastic taste. I also did the phantom vape test on highest temp and there was none. Either I'm sensory deprived or I got one of the newer ones. I love t fir the price, the stealth, and the convenience. I can't wait o get my Pax for a head to head. It'll be another week if so as I'm waiting for a purple one. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the update and doing the phantom vape test.

I think you will like your Pax.. :clap: Cant wait to see your head to head..

Kuroth1,

Coastal

Just got my Pax today. Observations and comparison to Puffit

Pax yields visible vapor right off the bat, first draw, faster than Puffit.

Pax releases odor on oven heatup more noticeable than Puffit, probably since air intake is around the edge of the oven lid, which is shallow. The Puffit cap with a washer keeps the odor to a minimum.

The Pax cap feels very insecure. Keys in your pocket or some other object could easily open the oven and spill the contents, while the Puffit cap feels more securely closed.

No need to stir as contents of oven all get vaped over time, same as Puffit.

Overall both handle the task very well. Which to choose? For stealth: Puffit. For style and quick potent draws: Pax.

Just get both. Puffit for out, Pax for in. Do it!!!!

Coastal,

brian420

The Pax cap feels very insecure. Keys in your pocket or some other object could easily open the oven and spill the contents, while the Puffit cap feels more securely closed.
lol not gonna happen. i've tested this, i pushed down one side of the oven lid as far as i could and shook the device at the same time, none of the contents were spilled out. the oven lid isn't going to just come off that easily, you have to push down on one side and lift up on the other, i don't see how that could happen in your pocket?

brian420,

Coastal

lol not gonna happen. i've tested this, i pushed down one side of the oven lid as far as i could and shook the device at the same time, none of the contents were spilled out. the oven lid isn't going to just come off that easily, you have to push down on one side and lift up on the other, i don't see how that could happen in your pocket?

When I tilted the lid a bit and shook, some contents came out. I use a pretty fine grind, perhaps that is why it leaked in my test. The Puffit leaked a bit too until I inserted a paper washer in the cap.

I'm going to see if I can rig a form fitting sleeve for the cap area on the Pax, to cut down on the odor released during heating. It will have to allow some air to go around though.

Btw a good cover is a small knife/flashlight nylon case. Fits perfectly.

Going to take this thread over to the Pax discussion.

Coastal,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just got the PUFFiT... I have to go mow the lawn so I can't mess with it to much right now. Before I turned it on I noticed the smell everyone was referring too. I did turn it on and do a test cycle. The first 3 test runs I could hear the device sizzling like bacon on a skillet. I guess it was cooking off oils from the silicone ring. It smelled unpleasant to say the least... not at all inviting like bacon. I want to do a bunch of offs before I put any material in this. I will just keep burning it off until the smells dissipates enough for me. I did not see any visible off gassing yet. I figured what ever is cooking off is not producing much visible vapor.

I do like the form factor.

Slightly Medicated,

Kaptan

I just got the PUFFiT... I have to go mow the lawn so I can't mess with it to much right now. Before I turned it on I noticed the smell everyone was referring too. I did turn it on and do a test cycle. The first 3 test runs I could hear the device sizzling like bacon on a skillet. I guess it was cooking off oils from the silicone ring. It smelled unpleasant to say the least... not at all inviting like bacon. I want to do a bunch of offs before I put any material in this. I will just keep burning it off until the smells dissipates enough for me. I did not see any visible off gassing yet. I figured what ever is cooking off is not producing much visible vapor.

Be careful. I thought I read earlier in this thread that you are not suppose to turn the unit on with the bowl empty. That's why some are burning off with ABV or mint leaves.

Kaptan,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Be careful. I thought I read earlier in this thread that you are not suppose to turn the unit with the bowl empty. That's why some are burning off with ABV or mint leaves.

Yea I was going to read up first. Have to finish with the lawn and stuff. I have it on the charger now.

Slightly Medicated,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
I just got the PUFFiT... It smelled unpleasant to say the least...

this quote sums up my experience

I recomend ABV to keep from overheating, turn it on and remove the cap, just keep repeating cycles.
My puffit still has the "taste"

BoxofRock,

Jenny

VapeGirl
My biggest pet peeve about the PuFFiT is every time I pull the cap off, my herb gets pulled out and goes around the silicon ring, kind of inconvienent while on the go when I want to manually stir or change herb.

And I tried the dif temp settings, 6 gets me medicated, about the 7th draw on 8 I get visible vapor (under light) and so I'm starting to enjoy the convenience of it, especially when I don't have time to wait for my volcano to heat up, just about 5-7 draws i'm good to go.

Jenny,

VisiblyVaped

My biggest pet peeve about the PuFFiT is every time I pull the cap off, my herb gets pulled out and goes around the silicon ring, kind of inconvienent while on the go when I want to manually stir or change herb.

And I tried the dif temp settings, 6 gets me medicated, about the 7th draw on 8 I get visible vapor (under light) and so I'm starting to enjoy the convenience of it, especially when I don't have time to wait for my volcano to heat up, just about 5-7 draws i'm good to go.
How's the taste of yours?

VisiblyVaped,
Top Bottom