PUFFiT portable

poonman

Ordered this from GotVape, got two uses out of it before the battery died. Went to recharge and realized the unit would not recharge (no flashing to say it was charging) - so unit was DOA with a defective charging port or battery. Promptly sent back to GetVape.

Sorry to hear that ChrisC ,
Not that I am defending the company or what .
But were you not supposed to fully charge up the battery first , before usage .
Like most battery operated units , they recommend you charge up first .

Or did you do that ? It charged up the first time ?

Still not an excuse .
If batteries or the charger are bad quality .

Please keep us posted ChrisC .

Enjoy your MJ , anyway you can :)

poonman,

poonman

When i ordered them , they were here within 2 weeks.I got 6 of them for $5.16 & that included shipping, doubt you're going to find them cheaper;)

Thanx VV ,
That is a good price .
But I'm in Toronto , Canada .
It's always an extra $20 to cross the border !
If not , and I can't find them locally .
I'll get my cousin to order them for me . ( he's set up with paypal )

Sorry...no more derailing this thread .
Back to Puffit :)

poonman

You are correct, the three (now 4) tins hold my different herbs- each holds a little over an eighth and are smell proof. They were originally lip butter from Macy's :D And since the tin itself says "lip butter" no one bothers it if one is laying around.
Oh, and my MFLB trench looks NOTHING like that anymore :uhoh: That pic is from quite a few months back and about a month before I bought the power adapter which led to about a month of combustion haha so my trench is pretty ugly. It still works fine but it'd be nice to have a Puffit and take some of the workload off of the box.

Cool , that's what I thought .
I would probably have to hide the " lip butter " with a sports logo , or my peers will never
let me hear the end of it :)

Yes , I don't think Anyone has a clean looking mflb trench , after some usages .

Happy Vaping All

poonman,
But were you not supposed to fully charge up the battery first , before usage .

Not a battery issue - unit wont even charge. Plug it in and nothing. Had a defective charging port (micro usb, or whatever) - seemed very poorly made, but will judge better if and when gotvape makes good on the RMA replacement whenever they get it "in stock," which is shady because they are still selling it as stocked. Going to give it a week before I take other means to get a refund.

Order with caution from GV, guys.

ChrisCanav,

poonman

Not a battery issue - unit wont even charge. Plug it in and nothing. Had a defective charging port (micro usb, or whatever) - seemed very poorly made, but will judge better if and when gotvape makes good on the RMA replacement whenever they get it "in stock," which is shady because they are still selling it as stocked. Going to give it a week before I take other means to get a refund.

Order with caution from GV, guys.

O first off ,
Welcome to FC ChrisC and dncrgrl ,

Well , good luck on your situation CC ,
I believe the makers of puffit are browsing on this thread too .
Maybe we'll hear from them :)

Since you are a new member ,
Do you have any other vapes you can use ? Combust much ?

Either way , MJ will help .
Happy Cannabizing

poonman,
Oh I have a bunch - vaporblunt, ViVape, Volcano, Ti Nail - this isn't killing me, I was just looking forward to the product only to be very disappointed. I also believe GotVape was a bit misleading on the webpage as when I originally got it, the product was listed as in stock even though it was a pre-order item. The "This is a preorder" text on the site was deceptively small. So, after quite a long wait the product arrived DOA. Paid to have it shipped back via RMA, only to find they don't have it in stock. <shrug>

I will say that I got a session or two out of it before it died and couldn't be recharged, so I'd be happy to answer any questions about it.

ChrisCanav,

poonman

Oh I have a bunch - vaporblunt, ViVape, Volcano, Ti Nail - this isn't killing me, I was just looking forward to the product only to be very disappointed. I also believe GotVape was a bit misleading on the webpage as when I originally got it, the product was listed as in stock even though it was a pre-order item. The "This is a preorder" text on the site was deceptively small. So, after quite a long wait the product arrived DOA. Paid to have it shipped back via RMA, only to find they don't have it in stock. <shrug>

I will say that I got a session or two out of it before it died and couldn't be recharged, so I'd be happy to answer any questions about it.

I'll say you're not hurting !
You were just " slumming it " .
I love the cano , but it uses too much per bowl . imo

Now the Vv is the other vape I'm interested in ( all glass air path )
I don't think I've seen you on that thread yet , but you should offer your feedback/opinion .
How do you like the Vv ?...sorry, derail
Answer me on the Vv thread , if you want .

poonman,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I took my Puffit skydiving and frolfing this weekend, and I have to say I am really liking this vape. VERY discreet, was vaping in the hanger with no one else giving it a second glance, and became completely vaked on the frolf course. It is very easy to use, and we were getting some excellent hits from it.

After about 5 battery cycles, the plastic taste has vanished, and the taste now is very clean. One of my frolf buddies mentioned the taste is much better than it is with the Iolite I usually carry for such occasions, he is still a combuster, but I may have won him over with this wonderful little device.

After a week of testing, I will have to raise the rating, IMO, to a 9 out of 10. I have had no other problems with this other than the initial plasticy taste, it is a kick ass little vaporizer!

I am getting anywhere from 20 to 30 hits from a single bowl, and the battery lasts till the end of said bowl.

I was definitely skeptical when I first received my Puffit, but with a little time and patience it has become one of my favorites, this will most likely replace my Iolite as a small group party vape, and I do love my Iolite, which is actually an I inhale, I have had it for a few years and still works flawlessly.

I love the silent operation and the ease of use of this unit, it now has earned a spot in my list of vapes I will use on a day to day basis.

Thank you Puffit, hell of a nice little machine!

musicisevil

So which was it? DOA or dead after a couple uses? Because it sure sounds like you used it without charging it first, potentially ruining the battery. Either way I hope you are able to get a replacement soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath

musicisevil,
The battery charging port was DOA - and let me get this straight, you think using a low battery a few times before charging would ruin a battery? Maybe drain it completely... and the unit is supposed to flash when charging, wouldn't even do that - it was a damaged microusb port. But, yea, not much fair in GV as a company.

ChrisCanav,

Vayperson

Can anyone who owns this unit record a simple video and post it to YouTube? Not a single video (manufacturer or otherwise) out there showing this unit in action!

Vayperson,

Vayperson

I guess I stand corrected but, that was very little action. I guess i should have been more clear.

Can anyone (other than the people @ GotVape) record a video that shows this unit in action? Looking for a home video vs. a promotional video.

Vayperson,
Reactions: poonman

musicisevil

The battery charging port was DOA - and let me get this straight, you think using a low battery a few times before charging would ruin a battery? Maybe drain it completely... and the unit is supposed to flash when charging, wouldn't even do that - it was a damaged microusb port. But, yea, not much fair in GV as a company.

Let ME get THIS straight, you ignored the instructions as stated in this forum by the manufacturer, in the instructions posted on the product's website and the intructions of every other li-ion rechargeable product I have ever owned? Recharge to 100% before first use or you could potentially damage the battery. It wasn't a "low" battery, it was a new battery with no cycle memory.
Did you try to charge it before you used it for the first time? That is the part I'm unclear on. If so, after you found the USB port to be non-working, you used it with a blend anyway? And again, if the above is true, you then proceeded to pack it up and mail it off for return before contacting the place you purchased it from?
Regardless sorry to hear your unit is fubar. Manufacturer said the next batch of units would be ready early july.

musicisevil,
Sorry, I probably wasn't as clear as I should have been there: Product did not charge out of box before use (overnight charge). No flashing light, no charging indicator, using both the included power adapter and usb connection. Unit did power on twice, added a small bit of tobacco to check if it combusted and it did, slightly. Unit died completely after. Tried charging again - no light, no charge. Wiped out tobacco, did RMA w/ GV and now stating not in stock.

I guess I stand corrected but, that was very little action. I guess i should have been more clear.

Can anyone (other than the people @ GotVape) record a video that shows this unit in action? Looking for a home video vs. a promotional video.

Yes, and I wouldn't recommend a purchase from gotvape as they told me they are out of stock (but still listing as in stock), while I await for my RMA return.

That does seem to be the only video around. I got mine from gotvape well before the stated July 1st release (on GV), but then again it didn't work. But, it is possible vid reviews will be popping up soon since some people are receiving the units.

A few points based on the unit I had:

Seemed very well constructed. The top metal button included a rubber cap, assuming it gets hot.

I was a bit worried by the cover switch cap - it is held in place with a magnet is the switch for the unit. They only included one so you would be in trouble if you lost it. I assume you will be able to buy spares.

VERY stealthy. Had a nice hand feel and seemed you would easily be able to pull it out and grab a hit. By look, I think it would fool most people by design and size as to not being a smoking device.

Had a nicely sized bowl. My biggest issues with these ports is the bowl size. VaporBlunt is too small, iolite too small, wispr too small - this one was a good deal bigger than most of those which is nice.

The internal stir cap is not as nicely designed as the vaporblunts. You can twist the top, but it doesnt go all the way around and the stir wire is very thin. It's optional, and may add a bit of a stir to yoru bowl - but not quite on par with what vaporblunt has.

The small dial to control heat level is covered by a plastic mouthpiece that is required as it seemed the cap didnt stay on very well without it. Assume they will sell replacements of these also.

ChrisCanav,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Still interested in this device - but I am becoming concerned about a few things. 1 - no videos of actual action packed vaping! 2 - One of the first people to receive one has a broken unit. 3 - Lots of brand new members awfully opinionated and quick to defend the unit like a manufacturer would. Maybe its the MJ talking - but I for one definitely am waiting for some FC Veteran reviews and statements. Please keep in mind that I am not attacking anyone - just sharing my opinion.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Still interested in this device - but I am becoming concerned about a few things. 1 - no videos of actual action packed vaping! 2 - One of the first people to receive one has a broken unit. 3 - Lots of brand new members awfully opinionated and quick to defend the unit like a manufacturer would. Maybe its the MJ talking - but I for one definitely am waiting for some FC Veteran reviews and statements. Please keep in mind that I am not attacking anyone - just sharing my opinion.

I think those FC veterans are just waiting their units, mvapes. ;) And we already have at least one happy costumer: Dogman.

vorrange,
Reactions: mvapes
Very true, even though my unit was broke it did "feel" very well constructed and packaged - entirely possible it's an isolated incident.

ChrisCanav,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I'm also happy with the Puffit. I'm not a veteran poster, i've only been posting for a little under 2 months and I started in the DaVinci thread after i bought one of those. Then i got a Puffit. I don't really wanna make a video though for a few reasons;). I think you'll get more opinions when other people get theirs, it seems like only Dogman(87 posts) and myself(47) have a working Puffit.
I took a chance buying this vape,but so far it meets my expectations for a vape i can use walking around NYC:D.

VaporsVaporizer,
Reactions: Lefthook

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'm also happy with the Puffit. I'm not a veteran poster, i've only been posting for a little under 2 months and I started in the DaVinci thread after i bought one of those. Then i got a Puffit. I don't really wanna make a video though for a few reasons;). I think you'll get more opinions when other people get theirs, it seems like only Dogman(87 posts) and myself(47) have a working Puffit.
I took a chance buying this vape,but so far it meets my expectations for a vape i can use walking around NYC:D.

Thanks for the feedback - what I meant by my earlier post, and you'll learn with time that there will be occasions when a new unit is released you will start to see members with less than 10 posts (sometimes even on their first post) - start popping up and out of nowhere start talking up a device or saying how they happen to have one and they think its the best thing since sliced bread! Chances are they may be working for the manufacturer or the wholesalers trying to drive sales by creating demand. You my friend are legit in my book! Thanks so much for taking the time to post about your findings. Welcome to the forum. :tup:

OF

Let ME get THIS straight, you ignored the instructions as stated in this forum by the manufacturer, in the instructions posted on the product's website and the intructions of every other li-ion rechargeable product I have ever owned?

You know I think you're way off base here. We're talking about a protected battery system. This is not NiCad or NIMH or a lot of similar systems. Like MFLB, I see no problem using them out of the box (to name one you might own?). Once formed, these guys have fairly low self discharge, I suspect it got there with 85%+ of charge?

It ran a bowl or two?

Thanks for the feedback - what I meant by my earlier post, and you'll learn with time that there will be occasions when a new unit is released you will start to see members with less than 10 posts (sometimes even on their first post) - start popping up and out of nowhere start talking up a device or saying how they happen to have one and they think its the best thing since sliced bread!

Ain't the truth? Is it only me or are you also struck by the observation that almost to a man (or woman) they're quick to point out they know what they're talking about, their other vape is a Volcano..... I don't have a Volcano, maybe owning one fills you with the irresistible desire to buy the next 'no name' vape you see?

I'm sure some are as the profess. Some....

OF

OF,
Reactions: mvapes

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Ain't the truth? Is it only me or are you also struck by the observation that almost to a man (or woman) they're quick to point out they know what they're talking about, their other vape is a Volcano.....
Yeah its like a formula almost, and they all LOVE their volcanoes . . . you can almost read along with them verbatim the first time through . . . :peace:

t-dub,
Top Bottom