Profoundly Medicated Musings

Enchantre

Oil Painter
On another forum I occasionally visit, there is a thread for "deep stoner thoughts".

This is a great idea.

Please put here any cosmos-shaking insights, deep understandings, and those moments of complete clarity, where you have, indeed, solved the world's ills.

Humor is fine, too. :)

I'll start with an observation from being medicated, and then not being medicated:

I think that, when I am medicated, that my psychological barriers (masks, filters, walls, shields, however you term it. Usually, I go with any of those that fit) are growing much thinner. The only problem happens when I am NOT medicated, and suddenly things are triggering way, deeply suppressed anger/fear/defensiveness, and I find myself reacting.

Being aware of this, for me, seems like a positive thing. I'm all for those constructs between me and the world to be of "normal" consistency, rather than the rather thick veils I've carried all my life, though it is a frequently uncomfortable, and unsettling process. I can see the process, though.

EveryDayAmnesiac

Please put here any cosmos-shaking insights, deep understandings, and those moments of complete clarity, where you have, indeed, solved the world's ills.

it's a hard world for little things... :(

ulcb.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I was thinking one day around the turn of the century, anyone like myself born in 1979, can easily remember their age. If they get too medicated that is, by taking the first three digits of whatever year it is add them together take that number and whatever the last number in the year and voila you know how old you are, ie 2013 = 33, If its after your bday for that year add one. You would be surprised how many times this has actually been useful and I'm not even that old, lol!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
We have all won the Lotto.

The odds of every single one of my ancestors over hundreds of millions of years living long enough to get laid is like a gazillion to one. And yet here I am. :D

I'm vapin' some Yoda Kush to celebrate. :razz:

:peace:

djonkoman

last night, I imagined I could read everyone's mind... but it didn't make any difference, since some thoughts were in languages I don't understand, others were arranged as mathematical formula's and some were just arranged so strangely for me I also couldn't understand them.

the point of this is, even if you were able to read minds you probably can't do anything with it if yopu don't have the worldview/conscience/knowledge of the person the thoughts are from

Tweek

Play, eat, nap. Clean self. Repeat. :)

It's how I go about most days.

Edit: Try not to sweat the small stuff. Such a cliche, I know...but man, does it ever add up. Half the time we are stressed and on the edge because of all the stupid little rules and boundaries we create for ourselves. Free yourself up a little bit each day; break a small rule here and there.

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
You guys are profoundly hilarious!

Most of my ideas are grandiose nonsense, like creating the next Dune series, or seeing bi-partisan cooperation on anything within my lifetime. So now I just like to get high and groove on other people's high ideas. Like Heinlein. He didn't get high, far as I know, but he was by all accounts a big drunk.

For me, Heinlein has some of the funniest profound thoughts I love to contemplate while high:

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

"Moderation is for monks. Everything in excess. Anything worth doing once is worth overdoing."

And of course, from The Wizard of Oz: "What would you do with a brain if you had one?"

And who could forget, "Fool me once ... I won't be fooled again." - George W. Bush

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Love Heinlein. My SISL went missing, though. I have a dozen other books by him, but I miss Stranger.

Sorry to hear. Have read that bible a dozen times but not in 20 years! There is actually a longer, less-edited version I read once ... somewhere, long ago ... I think it even had a reference to Raytheon in it. And a cousin of mine had a computer professor who knew him well and said he was a huge drunk. But obviously a very creative and funny one.

EDIT: I just noticed, Enchantre, your last message post count is 666! The Number of the Beast! Perhaps my 2nd fav Bob novel.

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
This is awesome. I was honestly just wondering if there was a "highdeas" type of thread here. Then I notice this thread. Enchantre you are a mind reader. This actually leads me to my medicated musing. I'm not up-to-date in the current world of magic, but after I just vaped a little and saw and escape from locked chains type trick (Michael, from The Office) I thought, "Technology has really diminished televised (and maybe live) magic." Again, I'm no expert, but it seems like technology now provides too many ways a trick could be done to make it interesting on T.V. Just a thought. Sorry it's nothing profound, but it seemed like an interesting observation that I hadn't thought about before.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I am pondering many things.
With my conditions (I hate that term, yet I have several things that qualify me as a MMJ patient), I am looking for the best, most efficient, most effective, least-impact medication.
I am the queen of Google. I'm also very - hmm, I guess extreme would be the correct term. I always have to go to the nth degree, research things absolutely to death, and I also have a tendency to leap in with both feet, the moment I think I've understood something.

Juicing cannabis. Makes perfect sense to me, as I was a raw vegan for almost a year (no, it was not a good year, and no, I'm no longer a vegan.), and juicing/making smoothies of veggies was great. I'm also a long, LONG-time amateur herbalist, and have used various herbs, both fresh and dried, for health benefits. I, however, have no source for fresh cannabis. So, I'm eating ground flowers, instead. About a teaspoon per day.

RSO - I have tried about two and a half days of using an RSO, twice a day, orally. Just a little dab (rice grain size), and that actually seems to have beaten my nerve pain way, way down.
I'm not a fan of the whole "only my oil works, the rest is poison" diatribe, but I think the oil might be good. I know I can get RSO - type concentrates fairly locally... but, is it that different than a good BHO? If I use a BHO, will I have the same results? I can make an RSO type oil, based off an "official" youtube, but then I'd have to get/use a lot of herb, as I have no fresh stuff. Might be better to just pay someone to do that for me.

Tincture: I have made some glycerin tincture, and I have some "mass" of plant material left. Not sure what to do with it. Thought about maybe doing an Iso wash on it, but there would still be some VG in it, so I'm not sure if that will completely FUBAR the operation, or if it will be immaterial.
I want to make a tincture using my ABV, but on the other hand, I'm also thinking about Iso washing it, and making a concentrate that way. Would it be worthwhile? I can just throw ABV in stuff, and it seems pretty kick-ass when I do that, but I would like a way to use it the best, most efficient, etc.

The Nimbus: shit. I don't need a new vape. If I end up finding the best way of medicating myself, and if it turns out to be taking dabs of oil, then the vapes are going to be used mainly for sleep issues.
I have always wanted a Cloud, don't get me wrong, but the price is a bit steep for my current life stage, and I have a E-Nano with a nice glass piece, and I get great vapor clouds... and some pretty heavy hits. So it isn't like I NEED a good glass path vape... I just want one. It looks AMAZING. My hubby keeps looking at me, kinda sadly, and he says "you know you're going to. Don't know why you keep "asking" me about it". I don't want him to feel like I'm frivolous, and careless.

Oh, hey, some sunshine is peeking out. Maybe we'll have a sunny fourth after all. wow, that would be really different around here! :)

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
I am pondering many things.
With my conditions (I hate that term, yet I have several things that qualify me as a MMJ patient), I am looking for the best, most efficient, most effective, least-impact medication.
I am the queen of Google. I'm also very - hmm, I guess extreme would be the correct term. I always have to go to the nth degree, research things absolutely to death, and I also have a tendency to leap in with both feet, the moment I think I've understood something.

Who we talkin bout, me or you here? Took the words right out of my RAM. I'm am always in need of a good Google Queen, so if ever my searches turn up blanks, I may request your assistance.

And a very good rest-of-that post, too. I actually feel kinda bad, here in Oakland, with ten million different kinds of waxes and oils available from a few thousand shops and delivery services. So I don't make anything that complex, but back in the day, my friends used to make all kinds of gunk. It's funny how the chemistry hasn't really changed but the methods and techniques progress nicely.

Just a note on fresh cannabis leaves in general and in drinks in specific: Some places are charging outrageous prices for so-called "fresh" cannabis leaves. Caveat watch-your-back. And many report stomach aches with fresh leaves, some kind of irritation. And of course, just juiced up leaves, no matter how potent, won't get you high without some sort of pre-heating, I do believe.

Olympus Mons

Probation Officer
Getting high is not the point with juicing/eating fresh cannabis. It's getting the natural phytonutrients, and the unheated compounds that contribute to healing.

I vape to get high. :)

Yeah, I kinda knew you knew that. ;) Was just throwing that out there as general info. A bud tender was telling me a lot of noobs buy them, having done no or little research, and are disappointed.:shrug:

Always felt, for me, I use cannabis to get straight, to re-normalize in this often crazy-high-whacky world. So it's a good vape of Strawberry OG drizzled with Sweet-Tooth oil for the mental medication, and a nice bowl of assorted fresh berries and a colorful veg salad covers the phytonutrients. A glass of OJ has almost a couple hundred different phytos, I gather -- and IMO tastes a lot better than pot leaves.

Had to laugh at that Cheech & Chong movie where they just put fresh leaves in their soup and start chowing down. It's hilarious, but gotta wonder how many people actually tried that and wound up with nothing but a stomach ache.

Edit: Whoops! Sorry, got way off topic here. Blame it on my profoundly medicated mussing...

Top Bottom