1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

PLENTY Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by dopefiend, Dec 2, 2011.

1. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

Nice review. :tup: Just a couple of points,
    If you herb is shifting, you aren`t using enough product, try using your liquid pad on a less than full load to stop movement.

See above.

The instruction book and earlier posts describe how to stick your cleaning brush into one of the screw holes at the base to be able to stand upright, you will also notice the Plenty has rubber feet on one side for sitting it on it`s side.

You have chosen a big hitter for your first vape, enjoy getting to know it.:)

2. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Member

Specifically with the reducer i should say. material always ends up outside the screen and into the outer metal rim... maybe i need to pack it all the way to the top of the nip Instead of level with the surrounding metal ring...:cool:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    arb likes this.
  3. felon167inc

felon167inc Member

The Brush as a kick stand has worked okay for me I found
    As for the herb slipping out of place, if I have a smaller sesh in the chamber just use the liquid pad and all is well
    I havent seen this issue with a full load, although often have smaller loads with the liquid pad also
    I also use the reducer and yes you need to fill it to the top to prevent herb moving around

You will also often knock some into the ring around chamber when opening to empty, this does not always mean you had that issue whilst the lid was on and you were vaping

How do you not have the same issue when using the Plenty as we use it on its side and at angles in our hand anyway?

As for packing it and it falling over?.... why dont you pack the chamber before putting it on the heating unit?
    Problem solved

I find it really depends on the herb used, sometimes the reducer produces better flavour and clouds, sometimes the full size works better even with small amount and liquid pad
    Mostly though the full size gives overall best flavour/clouds due to surface area I think

As for the temp/handle and on/off switch, I also find this very annoying, probably the biggest issue I have atm
    If you have a newer model as I do then we are stuck with the auto off handle and we have to keep an eye on it and remember to hit the switch
    If we remember to do so it does not affect the sesh and we do not have to stop while it reheats, just continue to draw as it reheats and gets cooler, I guess it is like getting the full range of flavours while also getting everything out of herb at highest temp all in one Lol
    Still I would prefer the constant temp/heat
    At the very end of sesh you may need to wait till it is full temp
    With this switch it should always be set on 7 as we have the heat up and down between 180 and 230

If have the older one where can hold the handle to temp people use 6 and then 7 later to get those full range of flavours and extraction

The reason people say to use a rubber band or other ways to hold switch on is because the first release of the Plenty had a switch that was only on while you held the handle
    So you could bypass the kill switch

I wish they left that system as I believe it gave more user control and exact/permanent temp

Cleaning is easy as you say although if you are a heavy user iso soaking the SS coil/air path is needed more regularly than you think
    It will work for ages no worries, but if you do soak you will see how brown the iso goes and how dirty the stem was......the vape quality and production is much higher with a clean unit I assume it has less oils to stick to or something in the air path

Get to using the Plenty with a bubbler too, you will love it...glass and perc is nice

This site/forum is so good to learn and share knowledge and experience
    Ppl are generally quite happy to share
    I have read for a long time and only joined recently
    Learnt a lot and get even more from here since joining:clap:

Happy vaping ppls....

:cool::wave:

arb, grokit, LesPlenty and 1 other person like this.
  4. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Glad to see new Plenty users digging it.
    Wasn't the nippling of the sceen to keep the load in the reducer from migrating and to also hold the dosing cap in place
    About the kill switch, the old Plenty operates in the same fashion as the new ones. It heats to a certain point, heater turns off, then the temp slowly drops down, then can be clicked on again when it drops past a certain temp. The newer models have to have the handle released, then squeezed again to start the next heating session when the unit drops to reset temp.
    The older model, when you wrapped a rubber band around it, or just squeezed the handle the whole time, the heater would click back on automatically when it dropped to that certain temp.
    The old Plenty would be highly sought after if they really did bypass the turn off thing it does with just a rubber band, and you were able to press and hold it at your desired temp.
    Have a great weekend all.

arb, Used2use and felon167inc like this.
  5. felon167inc

felon167inc Member

Ah okay cool
    I have only read what people said or seen videos and obviously slightly misunderstood
    I do not feel as bad about mine then...lol
    I can remember to check the temp easy enough

Yes, if they had made any that worked how I thought and described with constant power at a certain temp via holding down the button, I believe there would be great demand for them

I'd love that as a mod

Other wise the Plenty is great

I am looking for an on demnad one hitter also but have no real complaints with my plenty

I did lots of research before choosing and FC helped with that also before I joined at all

Cheers for the info though, nice to be better informed than halfway so.....why this site is so good :)

arb, SloJimFizz and Used2use like this.
  6. LesPlenty

I got my Plenty in November last year, it works exactly as you describe. I also use a rubber band so I believe S&B have changed the dead man switch back to how it was originally, thank goodness:tup:

arb and felon167inc like this.
  7. felon167inc

felon167inc Member

I cannot use the rubberband though...
    I have to hit the switch at about 180 or it will keep cooling down
    I have had mine for about 5 months now maybe? Bought from Australianvaporisers

arb likes this.
  8. LesPlenty

Same place, got mine in the cyber Monday sale, if you keep the orange handle depressed, the heat will kick in automatically at about 180 (when on heat setting 7 ), that's how mine works, I just leave the rubber band wrapped around and I just ride the heat cycles, up to temp, 2-5,6,7 puffs wait for heat up, repeat till no more vapor.
    My serial # last 4 digits; 811vn

arb and felon167inc like this.
  9. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Member

Confirmed my newer plenty does not need the handle let go and pressed again to kick the heater back on, so the ‘rubberband’ trick works to keep the heater kicking back on once it passes that lower temp bound

arb, LesPlenty and felon167inc like this.
  10. felon167inc

felon167inc Member

My serial number is different to that but bought at easter sale I remember now
    I swear I have tried before to do what you described and it did not work
    But I just tried now and yes you are right mine also turns back on automatically if I keep the button depressed
    I honestly thought I often had my hand on it all the time and had to release and repress
    Obviously I was just missing the timing because I just used a ziptie to try and yup

So thank you for making me give it another go...lol
    Nothing major but it does make it easier for life of the sesh and I can just use the power switch at the end of sesh now
    Very happy, I really dont know why I have missed this...stoner trials..lol

Click to play YouTube Video

at about 7.30 - 8 min he talks about button

I had watched this before buying and read on here from people that it didnt work and they are different now

As you said they must have fixed the isse and yay for us...lol

arb, LesPlenty and grokit like this.
  11. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Member

Just cant dial in the right pack on the reducer. Last night i tried filling it with more and patting it down a little extra. Bottom half was even and browned nicley. Top half seemingly untouched. Havent had a single issue with the regular chamber. Maybe i should try using a screen or tiny concentrate pad on top to keep it in place....

Heat cycling: in my review i said that the rubberband trick works to keep the unit at heat. I am not convinced that’s accurate now. Last night I could swear that to kick the heater on you needed to release and re-press the handle once it was below temp. Im of the mind that the way to go is the occasional squeeze, release, squeeze as opposed to keeping the handle squeezed. Mine is a new model.

As for the stand. That brush is never going to do it for me but I certainly am getting used to placing on its side. A stand would be great for me, especially for between two at a table which is my usual setting coming from a bong. I should be easily able to craft something without too much effort.
    Saw some nice finished wood stands for ~26 usd https://edstnt.com/vaporizer-accessories/sb

From another user on FC. To me that would be perfect but I’ll probably hold out to see if i can come up with something cheaper for what it is, with a wider base (can’t have someone knocking it), maybe that can hold other small accessories too!

If anyone has pics of their stand, any WPA or other interesting mods, or anything on packing the reducer I'd love to lay eyes!

Cheers!

LesPlenty, arb and felon167inc like this.
  12. SloJimFizz

SloJimFizz Unknown Member

Not sure what's going on with your reducer. Should be toasting everything in it's path. What's your grind like?
    As for stands, a cheap solution is a wine holder for the refrigerator. I stuck a non slip pad on the inside so the Plenty does not slide out or topple side to side.

Direct link cause still an issue posting pics
    It has since been adorned with PIU, PPPI and Dynavap stickers but I was to lazy for new pic.
    http://imgur.com/AWSdVMh.jpg

LesPlenty, arb and felon167inc like this.
  13. felon167inc

felon167inc Member

I have found that if I cable tie my handle/button on and just use the on off switch it will cycle on and off between 180 and 230
    I used to do what you describe
    As for your reducer issues, I have no idea
    Mine works perfectly and everything is evenly brown, I wouldnt tamp it down too hard though
    Only thing with my reducer as I said is that sometimes the full size has better vape and flavour and sometimes reducer depending on weed used
    usually full size is best even with small amounts and liquid pad but sometimes the reducer is better always works fine and evenly though

Nice idea in tht pic for wooden stands, as you say could probably make something nicer though

arb and O-G-Reg like this.
  14. LesPlenty

O-G-Reg and felon167inc like this.
  15. felon167inc

felon167inc Member

LesPlenty likes this.
  16. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Member

Thanks!! I think That’s the type of setup i’d like to get going! I would love to see some pics once you have it all set up.
    Your airpath would be chamber, black plenty top (that usually holds coil), GonG, cloud buddy, whip into the top of that bong*, with the final mouthpiece being the bent glass one that the bong comes with?

Would it make more sense or be possible to have the cloud buddy seated into the bong itself? That way it would be a bit more natural or easy to clear. You’d have the carb right on the bong instead of having to hit the bong while using the carb seated on the plenty?...

Thanks for sharing this, super interested!

felon167inc likes this.
  17. LesPlenty

Yep, the cloud buddy, [​IMG]goes into the middle of the bong first with the Plenty on that and the final mouth piece is either the bent glass stem mouth piece straight into the side joint of the bong or the whip with the glass `Tulip' looking mouth piece on the end of he silicon tube I have instead of the nasty looking vinyl(?) one instead.
    Now just to confuse you a bit more, I have been using my Arixer Air OG (set to red)loaded with grater kief and vaporizer reclaim as the carb cap instead of the glass one that is provided on my D020-d bubbler for a different type of hit, works well.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    felon167inc and arb like this.
  18. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Member

So your plenty isnt connected via whip??? Hmm. You holding it upside down essentially stacked on top?

19. LesPlenty

Yep, Plenty left sitting upside down on top of bong, that is why I said, " I have this coming for a stand", should hopefully get it before christmas:lol:

felon167inc, O-G-Reg and arb like this.
  20. O-G-Reg

O-G-Reg Member

@Ratchett i kindly suggest a Plenty stand for your site! Something that has a bit of tipover resistance

21. Mr420

Mr420 Member

Hi guys!
    Got my new Plenty yesterday. I only had time to hit it once yesterday but I instantly liked it very much. I've been a Mighty user a few years...Been smoking herb for about 15 years from which the last 3 years or so vaping...I still love huge bong hits sometimes... I mainly bought the Plenty to finally get rid of combusting...Let's see what happens.

The filling was super-easy when I already knew how to fill the Mighty.
    Liked the vapor very much...I loaded about .3 using the liquid pad on top of herb.

I considered long time before buying...Cloud EVO (expensive), Flowerpot (complicated to get to northern europe) and the Plenty were the ones I considered...I especially wanted a hard hitting vape that produces good tasting vapor...Well, this is it. I'm a happy customer :)... Both of the other vapes considered have glass parts...I'm blind and breaking glass things accidentally is a real possibility ;). Might end up trying the Flower Pot some day. Vaping is so cool. Now I just think Plenty can finally rid me from combustion completely.

Mr420

Old Toker, arb, SloJimFizz and 4 others like this.
  22. LesPlenty

The Plenty has rubber feet on the opposite side to that of the power switch, definitely won`t tip over if sat on it`s side on the rubber feet..

arb and Used2use like this.
  23. felon167inc

felon167inc Member

The Plenty converted me fully to vaping and no combustion...
    Tis a beast........
    Flowerpot is expensive, if I had the money I would like one though

LesPlenty and Used2use like this.
  24. jardri

jardri Vapor Dreams

Hello! Did any of you notice a very drastic decrease in performance once the coil gets a little usage? Every 3 or 4 chambers i have to iso clean it or I will get whispy vapor at most

25. felon167inc

felon167inc Member

Not after 3 or 4 no
    I have noticed that if you do not keep it clean you will get less vapour...... But that is after me punishing the thing.....
    I will get waaaayyy more than 3 or 4 before it shows major change in performance, and even then I say major change, it still produces great clouds and hits, you can just tell it is a bit less thick and tastes a bit "dirtier"

You should however keep your plenty as clean as you can and do as good a job as you can be bothered as often as you can be bothered

I do punish my Plenty though....trust me

Although now I usually use it through water with the dhgate Mobius matrix w sidecar

You can use any water pipe tho, I started with an old plastic bong and silicone tube to connect

Glass and in particular mobius knock off is great with it tho

The screens will need cleaning and affect performance well before the coil....

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    SloJimFizz and Used2use like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors