PlanetVape.ca - Canada's Destination for the Best Vapes on the Planet

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
There are plenty of vapes where the manufacturer won't allow retailers to sell lower than a certain price point.

AFAIK:
The MFLB has a minimum price - some are getting around that by keeping the price, but bundling it with extras.
The Volcano - I'm pretty sure S&B have a minimum price retailers are allowed to sell at.
The Omicron/Persei - another one I'm pretty sure have a minimum set price - I think PlanetVape have a coupon for free carts instead of a discount.
the cloud - VXL had to set up agreements with retailers that no-one can sell it for less than what VXL sell it for.

Just saying, I wouldn't be ruling out permissions so quickly.
Frederick is completely correct. Any item we sell where a code does not apply is because we are restricted by the manufacture from doing so. We are an Authorized Dealer for every vape we sell and if we were to offer discount codes on those products we could lose our Authorized status, warranty support, ability to buy parts etc.

We notice some people who are not FC members browse the forum for codes, don't read what they are for and then complain when they don't work as they thought. There is a link in our signature for the use of all the codes, but you need to be an FC member and logged in to your account to see it.

Not sure of any authorized retailer that allows combining of codes, we offer several codes so that customers can choose the one that will work best for their purchase.

C6970267-A562-44F0-A52E-F3C8F36302FD-4438-0000062FA6AB6A8F_zpsbae36523.jpg

got my turbo gong today along with these. It works great, maybe to good, and those taste great medicated lol, i now know why you send them.
Thanks eyewhites, glad you are enjoying both the turbo gong and the snacks/cushioning material.

Inhalater XP pre orders have been shipping out as fast as we can, all XPs pre ordered will be shipped out by tomorrow.
PV

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
There is a link in our signature for the use of all the codes, but you need to be an FC member and logged in to your account to see it.

ACK! That's why I never got a discount lol! No worries as you guys have always come through for me...now I have an excuse to pull the trigger on another order :)

Zingbuddah,

olivianewtonjohn

A few posts above a poster posted about his turbo gong and his experience with planetvape. I would simply like to post about my experience. Even though I am disappointed with my PVHE gong I would definitely consider ordering another gong since when they work they are great except in my email exchange I was told fit could not be guarantied unless I order a turbo (which I know my preference is with the standard PVHE gong not the turbo). If fit is not guarantied then I will have no idea if the next gong will have the same issue? To be completely honest I am disappointed with PV service and the way they have handled the situation.

My issue:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-solo.3833/page-670#post-424623

olivianewtonjohn,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
@ olivianewtonjohn,
We have already explained to you in numerous emails as well as have other forum members who graciously offered their time and experience in responding to your posts in the Solo thread on your loose GonG that loose is not a defective product. We include for FREE o-rings with all non turbo PVHES products to help mitigate looseness, but that is still no guarantee of a tight fit even if the o-ring does not make a tight seal . What is loose to you might be just right for someone else. We make the turbo stems ourselves and therefore they fit most Solos perfectly, but you don't want one of those, we offered you a full refund, but you don't want that either.

Sorry you are "disappointed with PV service and the way they have handled the situation", we test all products before shipping, but due to the huge variance in Solos and Arizer stems, any kind of fit cannot be guaranteed except if the stem is too big to fit the Solo.
PV

olivianewtonjohn

Sigh. The forum member your referring to is the very helpful OF, it was my fault my initial post was not very clear. He suggested an o-ring thinking this was the normal looseness that every solo user experiences... Its not. No other user has said it's not defective. Ok emailing you to return since that's my only option guess I'll order another and hope it's more usable.

Edit: And when I said I was disappointed it's not because you offered a refund or anything related to that. Its the fact that you keep acting like this is a preference thing it's not preference. You keep acting like this is common and from the many hundred pages I have read in the solo thread it's not. That's why I'm disappointed

olivianewtonjohn,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
ONJ maybe when you send it back they will see it is strangely to small and loose. It is possible that with words they are thinking it is normal loose and therefore not an issue. I am just guessing of course but can understand you frustration.

As a solution maybe a smaller o-ring although you shouldn't have to do that. I don't prefer the turbos either and did get one that was to big to fit the solo but PV fixed it right away with no issues.

olivianewtonjohn

ONJ maybe when you send it back they will see it is strangely to small and loose. It is possible that with words they are thinking it is normal loose and therefore not an issue. I am just guessing of course but can understand you frustration.

As a solution maybe a smaller o-ring although you shouldn't have to do that. I don't prefer the turbos either and did get one that was to big to fit the solo but PV fixed it right away with no issues.

Thanks for the info Dreamerr I am glad they took care of you and your enjoying your gong (they are priceless when they fit). As for there being any confusion in what is loose here is what I sent them:

"The defect is very obvious once it is inserted into the solo, the stem is not even making contact with the o-ring and is very loose fitting."

And here is their response:

"A loose fit is not a defect, research the Solo online and you’ll see plenty of posts of people with loose stems that came with their Solos. A defect would be a stem that is too big to fit in the Solos heater port, which is one of the things we test for before shipping."

I am going to return it and roll the dice on another (since its not what they consider a defect); I would have felt much better if they had just said sorry we will return it rather than acting like its preference or I am incompetent. Also surprised you got one that was too big considering what they told me?

olivianewtonjohn,

Dreamerr

Mine was a regular stem but same difference. I understood what you wrote but I am not convinced they did but I could be wrong. From how I read you post it is like sticking in something that is way smaller in diameter then can even be practical. Like trying to use a screw that is way to small for the job.

I don't use water but want a gong stem for other reasons. I don't know why there regular have so much leeway nor do I understand why the crucibles from how I read it have soooo much variation from solo. We also know the caps are different sizes too. You would think arizer makes a mold so how is there so many different ones :shrug:. I am not sure which ones PV makes from scratch and which ones they start with a solo stem but that makes a difference as well. We also know that since glass is hand made they are all different slightly but way to small or to big is not good.

PV does treat us well so I hope they will continue and fix this issue.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks for the info Dreamerr I am glad they took care of you and your enjoying your gong (they are priceless when they fit). As for there being any confusion in what is loose here is what I sent them:

"The defect is very obvious once it is inserted into the solo, the stem is not even making contact with the o-ring and is very loose fitting."

And here is their response:

"A loose fit is not a defect, research the Solo online and you’ll see plenty of posts of people with loose stems that came with their Solos. A defect would be a stem that is too big to fit in the Solos heater port, which is one of the things we test for before shipping."

I am going to return it and roll the dice on another (since its not what they consider a defect); I would have felt much better if they had just said sorry we will return it rather than acting like its preference or I am incompetent. Also surprised you got one that was too big considering what they told me?

Although you might not (yet) be completely satisfied with the service you've gotten from PV, you have made your case here. Our rule is: State your complaint and move on. PV has made you some reasonable offers so let's all hope the new stem works better for you. If it doesn't, you are welcome to describe your experience, but not to post repeatedly about it. Another response here would be unwise. If you have more to say, please take it to a PM.

Edit: To clarify: the rule wasn't broken yet, the idea was to make sure that it didn't get broken.

PlanetHaze

Retailer
Sublimator Canadian Tour
Meet and Greet at
Vape On the Lake
2985 Lake Shore Boulevard West
Etobicoke, ON M8V 1J5

Sunday July 28, 2013 at 8pm
Come out and meet other FC members and try the Sublimator in person, meet Enrico and MarijuanaMan as well as Marco Renda, publisher of Treating Yourself magazine. Vape On the Lake is the GTA's premier vapor lounge, fully wheelchair accessible, big screen tv's, free munchies, comfy couches, tables, free parking and more. http://www.vapeonthelake.com/index.html
Even current Sublinauts might see something new from the Sublimator labs.
Peace and Love,
PV​

PlanetHaze,

Dreamerr

I just put an order in that was already mailed and I forgot to ask for those chips you like sam damn it. I bet I get doritos again. I give them to my son. I will taste if it is something I never had.

PlanetHaze

Retailer
Everyone has their own opinions, Marco Renda has always been great to deal with for us and we have had nothing but positive experiences working with him. We love Treating Yourself magazine and the yearly Treating Yourself Expo, without Marco, neither would exist.

I just put an order in that was already mailed and I forgot to ask for those chips you like sam damn it. I bet I get doritos again. I give them to my son. I will taste if it is something I never had.
Thanks for your order Dreamerr, the Ruffles All Dressed seem very popular, if available we try to include them as they are not available outside of Canada and are hard to get otherwise.
PV

Everyone has their own opinions, Marco Renda has always been great to deal with for us and we have had nothing but positive experiences working with him. We love Treating Yourself magazine and the yearly Treating Yourself Expo, without Marco, neither would exist.

Sorry forgot the laughing emoticon. I was only half serious :)

Tweek

Thanks for your order Dreamerr, the Ruffles All Dressed seem very popular, if available we try to include them as they are not available outside of Canada and are hard to get otherwise.
PV

I'm not an all dressed fan. You can keep sending the Doritos to me...zesty cheese especially. I'm a bit of a mouse...or a rat, depending on who you ask :spliff:

Dreamerr

I am basically a plain chip eater but like to try new chips. The last one I got I ate one chip...you can all laugh...then gave it to the kid. I still haven't gotten around to trying those new three lays flavors.

I don't know how you people deal with it but foreign transaction fees make me nuts. I used pp this time to try and avoid it and still got hit. Ok so it isn't a lot of money $1.34 but it is annoying as hell. I forgot to use that capital one debit card for fucks sake remind me next time so I can see if I avoid it.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Tweek

krs82

I posted this over in the Solo thread, but maybe I should have posted it here to get more opinions/help.

hey guys, 1st post!!!!

I just picked up the Solo last weekend after hearing great reviews online and from a buddy who picked it up about a month ago.

I'm looking to place an order on planetvape but had a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.
As of now I'm not going to be using the Solo with a water tool cause I only have a small shitty bong, so I'll wait to get the GonG until I pick up something better.

I'm looking at getting:
Power Adapter to allow use while charging
5 pack of screen
5 pack of O-rings
2 travel tubes
2 travel caps
Stealth Adapter
3ft of tubing to go with the stealth adapter to make a whip

I want to get one of the PVHES stems aswell but need some help here. I prefer the straight tube so I'm definitely going with that, I was going to go with a shorty turbo, but do you guys prefer one over the other? and if so, what are the reasons.

Also, if I can get any opinions on the other stuff in my order it'd help alot.

Thanks

thanks for any help you guys can provide. Really want to get this order placed before 2:30pm tomorrow, to make the shipping deadline.

mod note: Please do not cross-post. Your post in the Solo thread has been removed, since you are getting replies here and not there.

krs82,

Dreamerr

The reason you didn't get an answer is because everyone's answer would have been different.
Power Adapter to allow use while charging-a must for a lot of us but you may want to wait for pipes all in one.
5 pack of screen-you can get them cheaper but then have to cut...I did buy them
5 pack of O-rings-again you can get them cheaper but huge amounts so why not
2 travel tubes-great buy
2 travel caps-not high temp so can't be used as a cap while stem is hot you can buy high temp...I use none
Stealth Adapter-IMO ridiculous thing but a lot love it, I don't see the need for it as things can be modded
3ft of tubing to go with the stealth adapter to make a whip-love there tubing better then others but that small size for the stealth adapter if you get it can't be used with much else just so you know.

Now saying all that it means nothing cause each person is different. What I like you may hate and visa versa. I think that is why you really couldn't get an answer. Nobody was ignoring you. We don't know your needs, wants or the situations you will be using your solo in. We also don't know if you have any other vapes or tubing which can be used to make some easy mods. I don't mod in general but something like adding a piece of tubing is easy. I just purchased tubing from pv of every size except the one you are listing and the smaller one. I like there tubing a lot. It is high temp and soft so easy to work with. I only got 3 feet of each size as you normall only need a tiny piece to do something.

Dreamerr,

krs82

The reason you didn't get an answer is because everyone's answer would have been different.
Power Adapter to allow use while charging-a must for a lot of us but you may want to wait for pipes all in one.
5 pack of screen-you can get them cheaper but then have to cut...I did buy them
5 pack of O-rings-again you can get them cheaper but huge amounts so why not
2 travel tubes-great buy
2 travel caps-not high temp so can't be used as a cap while stem is hot you can buy high temp...I use none
Stealth Adapter-IMO ridiculous thing but a lot love it, I don't see the need for it as things can be modded
3ft of tubing to go with the stealth adapter to make a whip-love there tubing better then others but that small size for the stealth adapter if you get it can't be used with much else just so you know.

Now saying all that it means nothing cause each person is different. What I like you may hate and visa versa. I think that is why you really couldn't get an answer. Nobody was ignoring you. We don't know your needs, wants or the situations you will be using your solo in. We also don't know if you have any other vapes or tubing which can be used to make some easy mods. I don't mod in general but something like adding a piece of tubing is easy. I just purchased tubing from pv of every size except the one you are listing and the smaller one. I like there tubing a lot. It is high temp and soft so easy to work with. I only got 3 feet of each size as you normall only need a tiny piece to do something.

thanks for they reply!!!

ya, I know everybody's preference is different so I guess I was just looking for opinions on the listed products. The main thing i'm trying to decide between are the PVHES stems. Do you find the bored out hole for the turbo to be better than the original 4 hole design?
I guess the only difference between the shorty and a regular is the size of the bowl.
I'm using this for mostly personal use but may have others using it occasionally.

What is the pipes all in one power adapter???
Thanks for the info on the caps, think I might pass on these.
I'm fine with the tubing only being for the stealth adapter, I just think this would be perfect for in the car. Leave the Solo in a cup holder or between your lap and have the tubbing come up to your mouth, working as a whip. I guess my only question is, do you think 3ft is enough?

I dont really know how to describe my situation.
I also have an Iolite which I'm not very fond of because you can't change the temp setting, and I prefer a thicker vape.
I've also had the Extreme Q, but sadly sold it a couple years ago because of it not being portable and I do alot of my smoking "on-the-go" I guess I'd say.
I'm used to mostly smoking out of a 1-hitter, sometimes using a bong and rolling the occasional joint when the wife wants to partake.
Smoking around 1.5-2g a day to myself, so the Solo is going to get a work out.
I mostly smoke to help with chronic back pain.

thanks again for the reply

krs82,

Dreamerr

Personally I do not like turbos as it gives to much airflow but again it is personal. I have ed's stem which is a turbo and a turbo from pv that I had issues with but was able to try it without my cap on as it wasn't fitting right but I didn't like it. PV of course replaced it.

You can use a long whip of 1/2" on a regular stem...I actually have 1/4" tubing of about 1/4" at the end to use for a watertool and my chillum. It would be wise for you to start reading the thread backwards at least a 100 pages worth and you will be fairly caught up.

Pipes, is a well known remember who made a power adapter for the T1 and is now making one for the solo which will be ready in a few months. The test ones went out the other day. It will do charging, using as a pass through and car charger. That was in the last few pages so you need to do some reading and hw before asking as people do get annoyed when there isn't even an attempt made.

Good luck. These questions do belong in the solo thread but again it was your lack of trying to search for an answer, reading the thread at all, and the question you asked really had no real answer except for the PA.

Top Bottom