Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Email the company or call the wholesale number, I heard that they have a recording letting folks know their customer service phone number. Explain to customer service.

Do you burn flowers at level 3 and 4 using your mouthpiece? is your pong chipping too?

CarolKing,

Berkey

Email the company or call the wholesale number, I heard that they have a recording letting folks know their customer service phone number. Explain to customer service.

Do you burn flowers at level 3 and 4 using your mouthpiece? is your pong chipping too?
Yes, only flowers at level 3 and 4. I have never used my Pong yet but plan to at some point.

UnderMist

Technically its vapor but UnderVape sounded weird
Thanks, good to know!
Yeah I just need to find a way to secure the retaining ring, mine keeps popping off from heat expansion.. any ideas? I've tried constricting it with another ring on top, but it wasn't easy, and doesn't sit well :\

Maybe you could use the technique barrel makers use where you make the metal rings smaller than the wood when dry, then when you soak the wood its easier to apply pressure.

This is all pretty awesome stuff. First we got word on a solution, now members are making more and more. From the direction this vape is going, it could be possible that we could have tons custom mouth pieces(made by different people, companies) that are made out of safer materials as more and more people purchase the PnP.

I say lets keep this train rolling.

Sativape

Yes, only flowers at level 3 and 4. I have never used my Pong yet but plan to at some point.

@ Berkey, any chance you can show pictures of the problem?

@ Grim Chiclets, amazing work!
Where did you get the retaining ring?
Is it stainless?
You could drill a tiny hole in one or 2 sides and slide a pin through it to secure it to the wooden stem.
Everyone, please be careful to not use any treated wood for their stems.

Grim Chiclets

Where did you get the retaining ring?
Is it stainless?
You could drill a tiny hole in one or 2 sides and slide a pin through it to secure it to the wooden stem.
Everyone, please be careful to not use any treated wood for their stems.
Yeah the ring's stainless, it came from one of my older disposable clearomizers(tank) for my e-cig.
As for the retaining pin idea, I'll probably give that a try on the next one as I can't do anything but widen the ring

Grim Chiclets,

Grim Chiclets

IMG_20140217_212551876_HDR1.jpg

My current wooden solution
I pretty much just made a stem that squeezes all the way through, but flared the wood out a smidge at the bottom to seal it up, and it seals pretty well at the top too- slap the screen back in and bam.
EZ-mode IMO, all my other pieces have either not satisfied me, or stop working for one reason or another.. though I think I'm getting close on that log- it really is perfect when it works :luv:

UnderMist

Technically its vapor but UnderVape sounded weird
Thats actually pretty cool Is the bottom plastic hard to remove?

UnderMist,

Grim Chiclets

Thats actually pretty cool Is the bottom plastic hard to remove?
The wood is actually flush with the plastic, I just tried to make it so the wood would absorb the heat from the bullet/screen before it gets a chance to get to the plastic, not to mention I've never had issues with melting or fumes :tup:
...But really I'm just keeping the PonG intact so i can swap it for that fancy GonG :ninja:

Philreal187

when cleaning up the pong I noticed the screen slid down pretty easy, if I pop it out and clean it by its self will it fit back in to the pong piece? also what is the safest and best cleaning product to whip off the rasin from the screen?.. just hot boiling water?

Philreal187,

Grim Chiclets

when cleaning up the pong I noticed the screen slid down pretty easy, if I pop it out and clean it by its self will it fit back in to the pong piece? also what is the safest and best cleaning product to whip off the rasin from the screen?.. just hot boiling water?
I pop my screen out and soak it in a bottlecap of isopropyl 91% for like 10 minutes, then i just rub it with my fingers under water until all the gunk comes out
It should retain enough of its form to fit back in there too, you could even flare the sides out a bit if you want a tighter fit
...if I had a nickel..

CarolKing

Just try to put the screen back in place using your fingers and a toothpick it's not too difficult.

When I clean my pong or mouthpiece I use super hot water the scrub brush that it comes with and Dawn dish soap. I use iso if I have the screen popped out, then rinse before putting back into the mouthpiece, a toothpick helps getting it into place. I keep doing this until the pieces are clean. I will heat up the water and and let them soak. I may do this 2 or 3 times until clean.

Last edited:

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I have been using my Pro less than 3 times per week since I received my replacement MP due to the original MP being meant for the regular Pinnacle hence it cracking and chipping (I only use it when I'm mobile, at a concert, driving, etc) and sadly, I must chime in again as my current MP, with the thicker plastic meant for the Pro has n ow done the exact same. Again, I rarely use it and when I do, I start on level 3 and finish with level 4. I typically use it for 2 straight sessions back to back prior to putting it down or back on a charger. @Engineering, please respond ASAP as I am really concerned for my health and would like to know if this unit truly is safe to use as many people on this forum use the Pro many times per day.

You guys need to send in these PonG's that you're having problems with. Out of all the discussion here not 1 of you have returned a damaged pong. I'm going to start requiring the pong to be returned first before we warranty, as that is the only way I can think of to examine a damaged unit in person. Sorry for the inconvenience

CarolKing

TRVB, would you need to examine the unit itself to make sure it's not getting too hot? Stickstones suggested that maybe some units get too hot possibly causing the mouthpiece to melt. Maybe that would be something to check if folks continue to have problems with the replacement mouthpieces.

I have not had any problems with my pong or mouthpiece but would like to buy the new glass pong mouthpiece when it's available.

CarolKing,
Reactions: al bundy

SirDarkened

If I could pick a brand new one up what is the standard price and where could I get it the cheapest but still have the warrenty covered?

Sort of like the Solo160 deal.

SirDarkened,

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
You guys need to send in these PonG's that you're having problems with.
I'd be happy to but since my warranty exchange isn't supposed to be put through for 2-3 weeks and I don't have a spare mouthpiece to use in the interim it'll be at least that long before I could.

063_XOBX,

Grim Chiclets

I'd be happy to but since my warranty exchange isn't supposed to be put through for 2-3 weeks and I don't have a spare mouthpiece to use in the interim it'll be at least that long before I could.
This, for now..
And also probably the case for a lot of PnP users

Grim Chiclets,

CarolKing

if your mouthpieces and pongs are chipping and melting, it can't be good for you to use anyway. You are vaping to be more healthy, that kinda defeats the purpose. I didn't think I would ever say this but you might as well combust unless you have other units you can use.

Here's to breathing healthy vapor!

Last edited:

herbivore21

You guys need to send in these PonG's that you're having problems with. Out of all the discussion here not 1 of you have returned a damaged pong. I'm going to start requiring the pong to be returned first before we warranty, as that is the only way I can think of to examine a damaged unit in person. Sorry for the inconvenience
I am
Hi, just purchased the pinnacle pro and been using it for the past couple of days and enjoying it so far. I am just wondering though if its normal to have to stop vaping due to the tip of the mouthpiece being pretty hot? Been using it on heat level 2 but being my first vaporizer not sure if the temperature is something you just have to get used to cos can only draw in for 5-8 seconds as feels ultra hot.

any feedback would be much appreciated.

thanks

I am aware you guys have gotten sick of hearing about the melting PonG things. But the GonG piece I ordered hasn't arrived yet (hoping today or tomorrow). I am running out of other options. Haven't been able to use my PNP now for half the time I've owned it (which is 3 weeks in total!).

Seriously, I sent an email to Eric (TVB) with a clear picture of my chipped away plastic from a New thick PES PonG and I received an email response saying it is a PES piece and perfectly safe. There was a small piece of chipped plastic (fell off the rim around the edge of the inner PonG filter screen) on the top of my bullet after this happened, I checked it after tasting plastic. I didn't buy a vaporizer and give up smoking to taste melted chips of plastic on my chosen vaping material.

I have been perfectly reasonable here. I have several melted/chipped PonGs. I am gonna cut off the filter screen plastic part on the bottom of the PonG and send it to TVB to see what happened in person and knock this issue out once and for all.

I would send it all as one piece but honestly, I need to be able to use the device I paid just shy of $300 AUD for, and the thicker PES sleeve part is the only one I feel safe using after my experience with the PNP. I also have a PC PonG which has melted but not chipped. Also had a black no flavor mouthtip melt into the mouthpiece adapter a la the flavored ones which are apparently not for the PNP (Although listed on TVB website as 'for all vaporblunt products'). Have not had TVB even acknowledge my posts/emails complaining about the melted no flavor tip that came with the PNP.

I am an unsatisfied customer here. I love everything about the PNP but the PonGs. I have had to revert from pure vapist ways to combustion while I wait for a custom made glass piece to arrive from an American glassblower, because of melted/chipped PonGs rendering my PNP unusable. I have had no satisfaction from the manufacturer. What can I do?

Last edited:

herbivore21

Yes, it tastes as good as it looks even with the glass filthy from having combusted immediately beforehand. I put it straight to setting 5 on flower and vaped a bullet til the AVB was evenly a pretty dark brown. Smoothest hit I've ever had with the water piece, haven't tried vaping straight through the GonG yet! By comparison, setting 5 had a definite plastic taste with the PonG. Especially running upside down into this piece. I attempted this once before ruling out using plastic beyond setting 2 or with the PonG pointed downwards.

Verdict: PNP is a great unit, the only problem is the PonG. If you are prepared to get a custom GonG, you should contact OGB glassblower and ask for a 14.5mm GonG to 12mm (Diameter) by 12mm (length) stem. Service and shipping is as fast as it gets for this piece, and well worth the $32 AUD I spent on it (including international postage). The PNP doesn't quite produce clouds on setting 5, I think I'm gonna grab an E-Nano for that, but it is a great portable unit once you get an all glass air path.

herbivore21,
Reactions: UnderMist
Top Bottom