Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Grim Chiclets

Yes, it tastes as good as it looks even with the glass filthy from having combusted immediately beforehand. I put it straight to setting 5 on flower and vaped a bullet til the AVB was evenly a pretty dark brown. Smoothest hit I've ever had with the water piece, haven't tried vaping straight through the GonG yet! By comparison, setting 5 had a definite plastic taste with the PonG. Especially running upside down into this piece. I attempted this once before ruling out using plastic beyond setting 2 or with the PonG pointed downwards.

Verdict: PNP is a great unit, the only problem is the PonG. If you are prepared to get a custom GonG, you should contact OGB glassblower and ask for a 14.5mm GonG to 12mm (Diameter) by 12mm (length) stem. Service and shipping is as fast as it gets for this piece, and well worth the $32 AUD I spent on it (including international postage). The PNP doesn't quite produce clouds on setting 5, I think I'm gonna grab an E-Nano for that, but it is a great portable unit once you get an all glass air path.

You use setting 5 for herb!?:uhh:
Different strokes and all... but I never go above 4, and that's only on 2/3 bars of battery, or when I'm passing it to 2 or 3 people- though I can't say I know how you use it :shrug:
just my interpretation :cheers:

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: Kaptan

herbivore21

Setting 5 for herb was strictly for stress testing the new piece, wanted to make sure the plastic sheathe from the PN PonG was not gonna get melted. It doesn't! So long as it is out of the vapor path, no problem at all (Everyone of you with a PNWT, hack up the PN PonG that came with it and get one of these!).

Vapor is so much clearer with GonG vs PonG by the way!

You use setting 5 for herb!?:uhh:
Different strokes and all... but I never go above 4, and that's only on 2/3 bars of battery, or when I'm passing it to 2 or 3 people- though I can't say I know how you use it :shrug:
just my interpretation :cheers:
Grim, did you not go above those settings because vaporwas too harsh?

Last edited by a moderator:

herbivore21

Oh ok, well I can confirm after the stress testing with the new GonG today that I can do flowers on setting 5 (470 farenheit) and get dark, but not combusted AVB. It is nice to be able to clear a bullet on level 5 in two cloudy hits (through a water piece with enough diffusion)!

herbivore21,

Grim Chiclets

He probably didn't go above those settings because the directions specifically say settings 4+ are for use with the FMJ and concentrates.
This^
I can revape my brownish abv i get from setting 3 with fresh herb on heat setting 3 again after a mix or regrind for about 10 minutes, abv or fresh, I guess if you're going for speed.. but IMHO you're wasting a lot haha

ps- let me know if that makes any sense

Last edited:
Grim Chiclets,

herbivore21

straight to level 5 is wasteful indeed, but just think of all the fun I'll have with than equal to or less than level 3 avb I have waiting for me!

EDIT: If you hit a bullet straight on level 5, you can generally turn off the PNP and then turn it on later and hit it again :-) DISCLAIMER: DO NOT USE LEVEL 5 with a plastic PonG EVER (unless with FMJ and with the PNP facing upwards from the ground).

Last edited:
herbivore21,
Reactions: Krizzle

Reveen

FINALLY got my WT yesterday (ordered it February 2nd!) Filled it with water and took a few pretend hits. I stopped vaping on Jan 27 due to new job prospects that would require pre-employment screenings. Just got word yesterday that I might need to keep this break going for another month! This really sucks.

Anyway, how do you folks prefer to fill the WT? Ive submerged the bottom in a glass of water and used suction to fill it, and Ive also just ran it under the tap. Right now the water is about 1/2 inch above the slits. Maybe a bit too much, but I like a bit of draw resistance.

Reveen,

lookhigh

FC member
yGGCVTUs.jpg

PVZexEns.jpg

XbwEKEHs.jpg

CLIWk9fs.jpg

This is an easy quick fix for those degrading PONGs.
Sand down or dremmel the ribs inside the PONG.
Sand and fit repeatedly to get a good tight fit.
There is an air gap between bullet and pong, should help keep the pong edge cool.
A heat resistant o ring would be good on the bullet to keep nice and snug.

lookhigh,

Grim Chiclets

[quote="lookhigh, post: 548890, member: 11024"
yGGCVTUs.jpg
CLIWk9fs.jpg

This is an easy quick fix for those degrading PONGs.
To do that we would have to sacrifice a bullet which shouldn't be the case.
Given some members have the little bullet holder that comes with 6 extra- not a bad idea actually...
I just don't like the most heat-conducive components to be in contact with the plastic bits more than necessary, though this actually seems like a decent fix as long as you're not running it for like 30/45 straight like I do

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: lookhigh

lookhigh

FC member
Now if a could get hold of some off that heat shield from the space shuttle i could.............

lookhigh,

Grim Chiclets

Now if a could get hold of some off that heat shield from the space shuttle i could.............
Got an old soldering iron? Heatgun?
I once tore apart a heatgun and cobbled together a volcano type thing- it had little flexible sheets of micah that were FABULOUS insulators, I've got a buttload of em right here
IMG_20140219_135227823_HDR1.jpg

That thing on the left is a cannibalized radioshack soldering iron heat element, if you unwind that coil you end up with the micah insulation on the side..
I think some good help with insulation could be had with some of this crap on the PnP, It really saved my ass on my DIY vape

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: lookhigh

vapor33

Is it possible to "dab" with the PNP? I've never dabbed, so I don't know. But I read on here somewhere about people using cotton with oil and it works decently I guess. Let's say you took some shatter and put that in some cotton and then vaped it with the PNP. Would it be anywhere near the same feeling as taking that same shatter off a dab nail?

vapor33,

lookhigh

FC member
Got an old soldering iron? Heatgun?
I once tore apart a heatgun and cobbled together a volcano type thing- it had little flexible sheets of micah that were FABULOUS insulators, I've got a buttload of em right here
IMG_20140219_135227823_HDR1.jpg

That thing on the left is a cannibalized radioshack soldering iron heat element, if you unwind that coil you end up with the micah insulation on the side..
I think some good help with insulation could be had with some of this crap on the PnP, It really saved my ass on my DIY vape
VERY interesting. I love cannibalizing old stuff i have lying about.

Sativape

I had some reclaim that I put in some cotton and vaped it in the reg. bullet on level 3 and 4 for 8 min. Got some good vapor and quite medicated I might add.

So Pinnacle Pro,

Check out what I did with the DA stem:

Again, I've never had any issue with my MP's or Pong's plastic, but I just like modifying things.

I trimmed approximately 2mm from the Pong's inner shaft, I'll probably take off more soon.

My glass stem flange sits below the Pong's inner shaft.

I reversed the way I had the DA stem inserted into the pong and I added an inner screen to conform to VB's new glass gong design.

I don't use the Pong's screen anymore and the DA's stem flange sits secure to the bullet, which I also have another screen sitting on top of... overkill but that's how I do it.

Q8eefZr.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Nice GonG Show goin' on, folks!

The PNP doesn't quite produce clouds on setting 5, I think I'm gonna grab an E-Nano for that, but it is a great portable unit once you get an all glass air path.

I wonder how much of this is strain or draw strength dependent, or both, cos I can get pretty decent cloudage at anything after level 2 and above once the bullet has warmed up for a bit? I've def made a concerted effort to slow my draw right down to a crawl with the PnP, and I've wondered how much thats contributed...

You guys need to send in these PonG's that you're having problems with. Out of all the discussion here not 1 of you have returned a damaged pong. I'm going to start requiring the pong to be returned first before we warranty, as that is the only way I can think of to examine a damaged unit in person. Sorry for the inconvenience

@TherealVaporblunt I'm on a very tight budget here but looking to have some disposable income in a few weeks. I'll buy a new PonG to replace the damaged one I'm currently using (and maybe some updated crazy design of glass to go in it!), and then send this damaged one back for you to look at.

Last edited:

Grim Chiclets

I've def made a concerted effort to slow my draw right down to a crawl with the PnP, and I've wondered how much thats contributed...
Lots. I have done the same thing for sure.. new vaporists need to keep in mind the heat up time for the bowl/bullet/chamber and the fact that you're pulling the heat actively away from the heat source, and it may not necessarily be able to keep up if you're chiefin it like a regular bong rip- not to say with the right patience and learning on your unit you can't get it to make massive clouds. It just takes a little effort to slow down, which can be pretty hard.
I've noticed one big help with the PnP's learning curve, though. When you start pulling, position your tongue so the vapor hits the tip of it while you draw slowly. Once you feel the thick heat, and often a numbing dry feeling run over it almost like a liquid, you can either speed up your draw, or start pulsing.
If you want to try my now habitual method:myday:, just take a hit that's predominantly slow but you pull 1 or 2 faster pulses every few seconds with the rhythm of a heartbeat. /rant

Hope this helps at least someone.. I could just be:horse:

Sativape

Lots. I have done the same thing for sure.. new vaporists need to keep in mind the heat up time for the bowl/bullet/chamber and the fact that you're pulling the heat actively away from the heat source, and it may not necessarily be able to keep up if you're chiefin it like a regular bong rip- not to say with the right patience and learning on your unit you can't get it to make massive clouds. It just takes a little effort to slow down, which can be pretty hard.
I've noticed one big help with the PnP's learning curve, though. When you start pulling, position your tongue so the vapor hits the tip of it while you draw slowly. Once you feel the thick heat, and often a numbing dry feeling run over it almost like a liquid, you can either speed up your draw, or start pulsing.
If you want to try my now habitual method:myday:, just take a hit that's predominantly slow but you pull 1 or 2 faster pulses every few seconds with the rhythm of a heartbeat. /rant

Hope this helps at least someone.. I could just be:horse:

@ Grim Chiclets,

This is why the MP (with the restricted air flow) gets hot and nice clouds.

With my DA Glass stem hack job, when I add the glass screen stem, the air flow is so restricted, that thick clouds are easily produced. It gets pretty hot at 3, but with the added extended length, the heat is tolerable.

Practice makes perfect.

Grim Chiclets

@ Grim Chiclets,

This is why the MP (with the restricted air flow) gets hot and nice clouds.

With my DA Glass stem hack job, when I add the glass screen stem, the air flow is so restricted, that thick clouds are easily produced. It gets pretty hot at 3, but with the added extended length, the heat is tolerable.

Practice makes perfect.
Same result as my wooden mouthpiece :D

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
So Pinnacle Pro,

Check out what I did with the DA stem:

Again, I've never had any issue with my MP's or Pong's plastic, but I just like modifying things.

I trimmed approximately 2mm from the Pong's inner shaft, I'll probably take off more soon.

My glass stem flange sits below the Pong's inner shaft.

I reversed the way I had the DA stem inserted into the pong and I added an inner screen to conform to VB's new glass gong design.

I don't use the Pong's screen anymore and the DA's stem flange sits secure to the bullet, which I also have another screen sitting on top of... overkill but that's how I do it.

Q8eefZr.jpg
That looks great!
That's sort of what I did, I sanded down the pong and sanded down the fritted area inside so I could get the DV stem inside. It looks like you spent more time and did a nice finished job on yours, I'm jealous.

Sativape

That looks great!
That's sort of what I did, I sanded down the pong and sanded down the fritted area inside so I could get the DV stem inside. It looks like you spent more time and did a nice finished job on yours, I'm jealous.

@ Pinnacle Pro,

Thank you.

Fortunately, I have access to my friend's machine shop.

He had the 9.5mm drill bit that opened up the pong hole to fit stem snug.

I lightly clamped the external pong shaft with a rubber surfaced clamp, then used an end mill and slowly made very small passes and shaved the pong's inner shaft down.

The drill is not a big deal, but if couldn't get access to the mill bit, I would have used this, which I have.
It is an small angled wire cutter to cut the pong's inner shaft down.

This would get into the had to access part of the pong's inner shaft.

l_1574-small-angulated-wire-cutters_000.jpg

Grim Chiclets

Ah, really wish I still had access to my HS machine shop.. sigh.
So when are you gonna show us your hand-milled Aluminium collar w/ glass mouthpiece!?? :brow::whip:
But really- awesome job on that mouthpiece, you basically had my view in mind but better haha

Grim Chiclets,
Reactions: Sativape

Sativape

Ah, really wish I still had access to my HS machine shop.. sigh.
So when are you gonna show us your hand-milled Aluminium collar w/ glass mouthpiece!?? :brow::whip:
But really- awesome job on that mouthpiece, you basically had my view in mind but better haha

@ Grim Chiclets,

Now I'm day dreaming of a design for a metal housing.

My friend actually has a TAIG mini CNC mill and a mini CNC lathe... so the possibilities are endless.

You'd have fun on them making some wood pieces for sure.

EDIT: Or what about a wooden housing for a glass gong/MP?

Last edited:
Top Bottom