Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Ice Rasta

What about somebody with the mouthpiece problems open up a thread regarding material safety in the General Discussion thread on FC instead of here. It seems like all I'm hearing is negativity and its all about the same topic. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes. Sorry for all the problems some are having.

I havent even received my PnP yet and this thread is where I find the most informative reviews and the pros and cons of this product. I am glad evryone seems to be fully satisfied with the performance of vapor producttion BUT the issue is we all vape for health and the biggest flaw a vaporizer could have is "melting/creeping" plastic which would definitely deteriorate your health. Wished I waited a bit cus now I have to get ready to open up a brand new box of vape with a possible health risk.

I also think if you dont like plastic dont buy our product is not a solution here cus we already DID.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
TRVB, could you give folks the phone number to call if they need any questions answered through customer service. It's not on your website. Thank you for coming on this thread. It got a bit heated earlier.

Herr_Dampf

I think the whole heat might be related to the recent Massdrop.

VaporBlunt actually switched over to a new higher temp plastic for the mouthpiece since the old one cracked with high temps. The one in the last drop appears to have been the old plastic, an email to VB's warranty department has my newer mouthpiece out in the next 2-3weeks. I suggest everyone who got one in the last drop do the same.

I don't know if there is anything to that, haven't recived an answer to my mail so far.

EDIT: What is this last comment by TRVB even supposed to mean?

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Of course I will gladly switch out any damaged pong with a glass pong once they are available. Also, reminder, your pong is covered under warranty. I know that doesn't help if you have concerns about it, but that is all I have to offer until we get the gonp (glass on plastic???)

Thats very cool, a lovely proposal, thanks for the reminder. I dont think I'll be asking for an exchange seeing as I lopped the top off mine! I'm not done experimenting yet :D

For the record, my issue was never much about a health concern (after I went thru around 240+ pages of FC and saw the previous investigation), but my PonG did deteriorate within 2 weeks, leading to my frankenstein GonG. And again, for the record, I love the PnP, its made my Volcano obsolete, I just fancied a bit of modding once the PonG had started to crumble (tho I did have some panic to start with when it first crumbled, didnt really like the panic, this place calmed me down after a lot of reading).

I know nobody ever believes me when I at this, but I haven't had a single vendor return a pong (1,000's) I don't even know what to make of that stat, but it's true

Sincerely happy to believe that, but I guess its not the 1000's that havent been returned that are really relevant, its the few that are breaking down. People cant really be expected to wade thru 240 or so pages on here to find out whats what, so I guess its potentially going to keep on cropping up as an issue unless its resolved, however small the percentage of affected PonGs might be.

Considering how much I like the PnP, considering how much I'm liking using it with glass, considering I was just trying to help in the first place, I'm really hoping the GonPonGonGonGoldenPond eliminates the dreaded creep once and for all.

Cake? Its chocolate...

herbivore21

Of course I will gladly switch out any damaged pong with a glass pong once they are available. Also, reminder, your pong is covered under warranty. I know that doesn't help if you have concerns about it, but that is all I have to offer until we get the gonp (glass on plastic???)

I know nobody ever believes me when I at this, but I haven't had a single vendor return a pong (1,000's) I don't even know what to make of that stat, but it's true
Any word on when these will be available? @TherealVaporblunt

PureVapr

Good to know you'll be replacing them with glass, thanks. That's very reassuring to hear.
Of course the bit about vendors not returning units with broken mouthpieces simply isn't true, I'm sure my distributor isn't hanging onto them.

Would you mind telling your customer services to respond to emails please, all well and good to state items will be replaced but if you ignore our requests to do so then nothing moves forward.

Last edited:

herbivore21

Just had a 2 day old black PonG melt around the same spot as my last one, around the screen on the inside. 2 days. These GonGs need to be out quickly! I can't keep spending money on something that repeatedly melts on me! Bring on the GonGs!

Herr_Dampf

My 2 day old PonG is still looking good... for now. I only used my PNP in the stand so far, removing the PonG and the bullet right after use. Defeats the purpose of a stealthy on the go vape but I couldn't report any visible damage so far.
I really have no clue anymore whats going on. When what kind of plastic did what or how or why. I am confused and we all know what comes after that. When reading over the last few pages I get all kinds of contradicting informations, going back further doesn't really help but makes things worse.

Herr_Dampf,
Reactions: Ice Rasta

Sativape

As a recent customer of a product, that approach wouldnt get me very far.

As a new customer, if I have an issue, I'd rather state the problem, attempt a dialogue, attempt resolution, then move on. I'm hopefully following all the rules, I'm obviously more than happy for mods to tell me otherwise.

I understand how this may be old ground for you and TRVB, but it isnt old ground for a recent customer.

I just typed out "By jove, I think he's got it!" (best sargeant major voice :) ), then thought 'Ah but my PonG is held in mostly by that bit hes talking about taking out'. The clips dont really help much over here, its the oiling up of the PonG shaft thats kept my PonG secure (both before I replaced its innards with glass, and after).

Am I missing something?

@ emmdeemo,

I use an external rubber wrap to hold the MP and Pong in place.

But i see your point.

For my stem mod, I've already trimmed back the pong shaft material.

cover_37491729112011_r.jpg

The bottom middle guy looks like he wants to stab someone.

Ross1204

I have just received my pinnacle pro today and before charging and using it for the first time I would like a little advice.

I am going to fully charge the device firstly but is it advisable to run it at the highest temperature for the 8 min cycle a couple times to burn of and unwanted particales or can I just charge it and use it straight away?

I have also read that some people are using Isopropyl alcohol to clean the bullets and inside heating chamber, is there a certain percentage (proof) you should not use as may cause damage? Would buying Isopropyl alcohol wipes be suitable as maybe a little easier to use I'm thinking .

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have just received my pinnacle pro today and before charging and using it for the first time I would like a little advice.

I am going to fully charge the device firstly but is it advisable to run it at the highest temperature for the 8 min cycle a couple times to burn of and unwanted particales or can I just charge it and use it straight away?

I have also read that some people are using Isopropyl alcohol to clean the bullets and inside heating chamber, is there a certain percentage (proof) you should not use as may cause damage? Would buying Isopropyl alcohol wipes be suitable as maybe a little easier to use I'm thinking .

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Welcome, I would do a couple of burn offs. Wipe out with a damp qtip(not soaked) with iso. Also wipe out the mouthpiece then use a qtip with a little damp water and wipe it out. Turn the unit upside down when cleaning inside the body of the unit. You dont soak the mouthpiece in ISO. Some are using the pong as a mouthpiece.

Use dry ground up herb in the bullet and enjoy. Some are using a screen on top of their herb in the bullet. Its always fun to get a new unit.

I would read through the beginning thread to see all the features.

Last edited:

Ross1204

Welcome, I would do a couple of burn offs. Wipe out with a damp qtip(not soaked) with iso. Also wipe out the mouthpiece then use a qtip with a little damp water and wipe it out. Turn the unit upside down when cleaning inside the body of the unit. You dont soak the mouthpiece in ISO. Some are using the pong as a mouthpiece.

Use dry ground up herb in the bullet and enjoy. Some are using a screen on top of their herb in the bullet. Its always fun to get a new unit.

I would read through the beginning thread to see all the features.

Thanks for the help, will do all of the above. When running the burn offs should I remove the mouth piece to prevent any potential melting/warping?

Herr_Dampf

Got my Astro 3E, but the vendor forgot to add the 3.5mm barell cable :argh:
Very nice device nontheless and everything fits snug in a 10" dimebag. The "smellproof" bag inside is excellent to hide eventually occuring odors (I keep my PNP and the bullet holder in it), the 2 padded mini pockets hold all accessoires that came with the unit and the inside zip pocket is the perfect home for the Astro3E plus cables.

Herr_Dampf,

Engineering

Manufacturer
PureVapr is right.

@TRVB

I am an electrical engineer for my past trade and currently work as a scientist (yes, doing actual research funded by the government).

I am sorry to say this, but with the utmost respect. I have owned 3 different black PonGs now. Weighed them, they are definitely the new PES piece. Melting, cracking, flaking bits of plastic abound. I have had one flavoured mouthtip and one non flavoured mouthtip melt as well, into the mouthpiece adapter. I have only owned my PNP for a fortnight now. You claimed your 'scientific opinion'. Well, it so happens that I teach the scientific method at universities for a living, alongside my research.

The scientific method entails first of all, the accurate description of replicable observations. Observations described in this thread would lead to several points:

1: The plastic on each of the PonGs you guys have designed can melt, flake and chip, this has been replicated by many owners of the PNP, including myself, many board members and a friend who does not post of this board and owns a PNP. I appreciate that the plastics you have used have been rated for certain temperatures above what the PNP is supposed to produce. However, this does not change the fact that swathes of us have damaged mouthpieces within a week or two with a new product. Having been in charge of warranty/service/repairs for several companies in different industries: this is a significant problem. Your customers, at least on this message board, are being pretty cool for the most part about this. They appreciate testing of new products can take time - the least you guys can do is acknowledge the genuine problems that we, your customers have encountered. I love that you guys have been quick to develop a solution, but we haven't heard about availability yet!

2: The battery needs to be replaceable with a new battery able to be sent out to users. Sending a product to the other side of the world (at least in my case) for battery replacement is not helpful for something that many of us rely on every day. Again, with the utmost respect, you guys should have prepared for this up front. Batteries by their very nature have a use by date.

3: The PNP is otherwise close to a masterpiece of design, hampered by these issues.

In a burgeoning industry such as yours, address the first two issues in a way which satisfies your customers, and let me assure you, you will have a product which is head and shoulders above the competition in portable vapes. The size and discreteness of your unit is fantastic.

I also echo the above call for a black glass GonG adapter for stealthiness, if possible, that would be lovely! Please, do not take my comments as anything but constructive criticism, but please, take your customers seriously and don't invalidate them by standing by a product that plainly has an issue.

Even if you couldn't replicate the issue in your testing, it remains that many of us have, and by standing by your view in the face of this evidence replicated worldwide is either saying we are being dishonest, or just ignoring what we say.

I wanted to respond to this post in particular, since it seems to question my professionalism.

1: It has been clearly stated many times to NOT use the flavor tips as they melt under the high temps. This is why the pnp does not come with flavor tips. (the only plastic available to use with a flavor additive is LDPE - it has a pretty low melt point, which is probably why it can be used with flavoring.)

2: Weeks of testing were preformed on this design. During which many issues were found, and fixed. I wont go into all the failures we have seen, as it is something you would expect of any company prior to introducing a product. We have never, even to this date, seen the issues people have been reporting on this thread. As TRVB has said, we have not gotten ONE SINGLE RETURN of a damaged PES PONG. I have never seen it first hand. How, I ask, am I supposed to diagnose and evaluate a failure I have never seen? I cannot and will not do engineering analysis via an internet message board.

3: To have a removable battery the unit will get larger. We made the decision that the battery would be internal (like MANY consumer products today are) in order to provide the smallest unit possible. If you want a removable battery, buy another product.

Philreal187

Got my pnp first thing yesterday morning I plugged it in let it charge up and ran it thru 2 dry cycles one with the mp one with the pong. No fume vapor or anything else was seen, I did draw thru each of the pieces to circulate the hot air. I could definitely taste the plastic fumes thru the dry run but that's should be expected when breathe thru a brand new plastic electronic. Got my first bullet packed and ready to vape on heat setting one and chose to just use the pong as my mp since its more open and the mp seems like it could get dirty quick. when I use my vapor brothers box and whip unit I always start at 6 o'clock on there temp control so I used this style with the pnp. I didn't get monster hits but it tasted pretty good, after a few more draws I bumped it up to the second heating temp. This seems to be the sweet spot, really nice vape hits and not too hot yet but they are a bit warm thru that pong. I finished it off on the third setting and was pleased with the results of this vaporizer. It seems like u can get one bullet per bar of battery. I haven't ran my charge any lower then 2 yet so I'm not one hundred on that. I took it on a trip into Pittsburgh to get some groceries just packed a bullet tossed it in capped it and tossed it in my coat pocket. the pnp can fit into any pocket pretty discreetly. I felt much less distracted vaping a pnp verses a anything rolled or the bowl so its great for car rides. I really hope to keep this product in good shape and get a long life its a great way to vape with out all the equipment. The size of the bullet seems just right for one person. I don't live in a legal area with dispensaries and prices can be step with inconsistent product so this is why a stay with the mid grade so if I had a more dense herb im sure these bullets would be enough for 2 people. I did order a wt but it was on back order for like 10 to 15 days so not sure when im getting a chance to try it thru water. the over all cleaning maintenance seems very easy if u keep up. I don't use concentrates so I cant speak for that. I really like this vape after one day and im glad I stuck with it even after reading about the melting. I don't plan to use it above the third setting so ill see how it wears with time.

I do have a few questions tho..

Can I reset the 8 min shut off if I adjust the temp during a session?

I have read people one here talk about organic cotton as a screen I think..? If someone could explain that a little cuz I think capping the bullet could help keep the herb in the chamber and not on the top screen.

Thanks to everyone on this site for helping my choose the pnp its deficiently a great vape. And once these gong r out its gonna have just about all the categories covered in a portable vape, stealth, ease of use, good hit. Sorry I was long winded but I wanted to give my honest opinion.

Engineering

Manufacturer
Oh my, all those feels, we should all calm down before we proceed further down this rabbit hole called PR suicide... :chill:

No worries, we just want the community to understand that we do test our products thoroughly. We have done our best to be open to the community and provide everyone with the best support possible. If we can improve a product for the end user, we will - within reason. (there are some things that just are not possible, ie. re-designing the entire device)

To me, it is still a bit of a mystery, as I have never seen a PES pong melt, as is being described. I do wonder is there is some of the old PC lot floating around that is causing some of the problems.

In any case; due to the feedback from this board we are delivering a solution that hopefully will settle everyone's concerns.

EDIT: Thanks OutkastBoss for the above reference!

Herr_Dampf

No worries, we just want the community to understand that we do test our products thoroughly. We have done our best to be open to the community and provide everyone with the best support possible. If we can improve a product for the end user, we will - within reason. (there are some things that just are not possible, ie. re-designing the entire device)

To me, it is still a bit of a mystery, as I have never seen a PES pong melt, as is being described. I do wonder is there is some of the old PC lot floating around that is causing some of the problems.

In any case; due to the feedback from this board we are delivering a solution that hopefully will settle everyone's concerns.

And this is very much appriciated. I have no clue what I got, the PonG seems to be a "tinted thick PES pong" (thanks @OutkastBoss !), weighing in at 6.3g on my cheap china scale. For me, the PonG wasn't an issue at all so far. It is the standard tip for the regular mouthpiece. I got mine via Massdrop, maybe their vendor was clearing out an old lot, would make sense. Except for the PES PonG... you see, this is my issue. I don't know whats going on :ko:

Up to something more positive: I think I turned a combuster with the PNP. I shared a bullet with 2 friends yesterday who don't vape and one of them just asked where to get one :haw:

Herr_Dampf,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@Engineering

Could the problem be a small percentage of rogue PNP's that get hotter than intended, thus melting plastic? I'm thinking maybe you can't replicate it because your test equipment functions properly. Maybe what's needed is to have the melted pong in hand with the actual unit that caused it to see where exactly the problem lies.

I don't doubt that you can't replicate the problem, but clearly the market can.

UnderMist

Technically its vapor but UnderVape sounded weird

I am sure we all really appreciate your comments and input. I do agree that requesting a removable battery is stretching it a bit as the device has already been designed with non-removable battery tech in mind. That I can understand.

Looking forward to the solution. Is it possible that any of us could beta test the new Mouth Pieces once the design is finished :brow:?

Top Bottom