Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

herbivore21

PureVapr is right.

@TRVB

I am an electrical engineer for my past trade and currently work as a scientist (yes, doing actual research funded by the government).

I am sorry to say this, but with the utmost respect. I have owned 3 different black PonGs now. Weighed them, they are definitely the new PES piece. Melting, cracking, flaking bits of plastic abound. I have had one flavoured mouthtip and one non flavoured mouthtip melt as well, into the mouthpiece adapter. I have only owned my PNP for a fortnight now. You claimed your 'scientific opinion'. Well, it so happens that I teach the scientific method at universities for a living, alongside my research.

The scientific method entails first of all, the accurate description of replicable observations. Observations described in this thread would lead to several points:

1: The plastic on each of the PonGs you guys have designed can melt, flake and chip, this has been replicated by many owners of the PNP, including myself, many board members and a friend who does not post of this board and owns a PNP. I appreciate that the plastics you have used have been rated for certain temperatures above what the PNP is supposed to produce. However, this does not change the fact that swathes of us have damaged mouthpieces within a week or two with a new product. Having been in charge of warranty/service/repairs for several companies in different industries: this is a significant problem. Your customers, at least on this message board, are being pretty cool for the most part about this. They appreciate testing of new products can take time - the least you guys can do is acknowledge the genuine problems that we, your customers have encountered. I love that you guys have been quick to develop a solution, but we haven't heard about availability yet!

2: The battery needs to be replaceable with a new battery able to be sent out to users. Sending a product to the other side of the world (at least in my case) for battery replacement is not helpful for something that many of us rely on every day. Again, with the utmost respect, you guys should have prepared for this up front. Batteries by their very nature have a use by date.

3: The PNP is otherwise close to a masterpiece of design, hampered by these issues.

In a burgeoning industry such as yours, address the first two issues in a way which satisfies your customers, and let me assure you, you will have a product which is head and shoulders above the competition in portable vapes. The size and discreteness of your unit is fantastic.

I also echo the above call for a black glass GonG adapter for stealthiness, if possible, that would be lovely! Please, do not take my comments as anything but constructive criticism, but please, take your customers seriously and don't invalidate them by standing by a product that plainly has an issue.

Even if you couldn't replicate the issue in your testing, it remains that many of us have, and by standing by your view in the face of this evidence replicated worldwide is either saying we are being dishonest, or just ignoring what we say.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Thanks for commenting on the situation @TherealVaporblunt .

I suppose I would advise anyone who has any concerns whatsoever about using vaporizers and plastics together to just not buy our product.

my real advices is if you have any concerns whatsoever maybe you should consider an all glass airpath vape option. We manufacture affordable vaporizers that work well for what they are, which is plastic bodied well-engineered vaporizers that are safe to use at the temperatures provided.

I'm confused by this. How does this help those of us who have already purchased one of your vapes and have melted/creeped out PonGs?

I didnt have any issues with plastic vapes prior to purchase, I still dont. I have a specific issue with one part of the Pinnacle Pro that has failed for me and others, one that has been seen to fail multiple times previously, has been given a supposed solution and yet continues to fail. "You dont like plastic, dont buy it" doesnt really seem like a reasonable response to me. And while I agree that in comparison to, and along with, many other vapes on the market, the PnP is 'affordable', that still means around a weeks worth of wages for me and wasnt a purchase I took lightly.

Regardless of health issues (I read the whole of the OG Pn's thread and this one multiple times, so I've seen the previous investigation into this issue), the PonG's on some units are clearly reacting with the same issues as seen previously. I really think it would be worth addressing this fully and inclusively instead of saying "If you dont like plastic, dont buy it".

UnderMist

Technically its vapor but UnderVape sounded weird
@TherealVaporblunt We really do appreciate you taking the time to talk to us, keep at it. We can get this all worked out for the best if you do.

I agree with @emmdeemo's sentiment on the plastic situation. We bought the vape for a reason, because of its size, shape, and functionality. Our concerns shouldn't be passed off so easily. We really want to continue considering your product and supporting your company, but that cant happen if things aren't addressed correctly.

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
I suppose I would advise anyone who has any concerns whatsoever about using vaporizers and plastics together to just not buy our product

I don't think anyone here would've bought the PnP if they had an issue with using plastic in a vaporizer. It's one particular issue with one of the pieces. If the mouthpiece didn't have any issues under normal use conditions I don't think so many people would be chiming in, even if people who have issues are more vocal than those who don't.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
What about somebody with the mouthpiece problems open up a thread regarding material safety in the General Discussion thread on FC instead of here. It seems like all I'm hearing is negativity and its all about the same topic. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes. Sorry for all the problems some are having.

CarolKing,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

UnderMist

The thing is, this is a specific issue to this device. It has been reiterated a lot how good this thing is, except for that MP problem.

UnderMist,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
What about somebody with the mouthpiece problems open up a thread regarding material safety in the General Discussion thread on FC instead of here. It seems like all I'm hearing is negativity and its all about the same topic. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes. Sorry for all the problems some are having.

With all due respect, why? If I were a prospective customer, I would be wanting to know about this. Its for reasons such as this that I spent hours going over the OG Pn & PnP threads. I became convinced this issue was resolved, it isnt. This doesnt feel so much like negativity as it is a request for answers.

I also keep saying how much I love the PnP except for this, so do others. And for me personally, this did start off as me just trying something as an experiment and wanting to pass it on to ppl, in a positive way, thats not only been positively recieved by a few ppl here, but also engineering themselves it would seem.

My current mood is based on TRVB's response. Engineering's response's were nearly completely satisfying and very positively recieved.

If I were a prospective customer, this is exactly the kind of situation I'd want to see resolved in this thread, not sequestered off..

That being said, I am trying really quite hard to use non aggressive language, apologies if I aint doing it as well as I could and Mods feel we've gone as far as we can :)

E2A: I've been using the PnP the whole time I've been posting. I still prefer it to my Volcano :)

Last edited:

UnderMist

I agree. Plus, this is helpful. All this dialog will help your product. People will be reading this now thinking "Hmm they were pretty reasonable with this problem, and they solved it accordingly." If its the other way around people will think "Hmm, lots of people had similar issues, and the response and solution given by VB was just a ruse to blow us off." That will make anyone who had confidence in their decision to purchase the PnP reconsider. Why would someone purchase something from a company that does not want to own up to a problem, solve it, and deal with it first hand?

CarolKing

Everyone knows that there is problems with some of the mouthpieces and pongs that's been stated over and over again. It's been stated in every way possible. I was just trying to suggest something that might help so everyone didn't keep dumping on VaporBlunt.

I thought we were to state the problem and move on.

CarolKing,

Jimmy

I have been off fc for a while enjoying my pnp. I will start by saying my mp and pong have melted but only slightly. The mp tip did melt more where it plugs in. I still love the pnp. I know that the pong is not a health risk on temp. 5 (although im not going into why again). I also know that it must suck for those of you needing to replace the pong every couple weeks due to melting. I also get ocd about the fact that the mp doenst fit on the device very well. The pong fits on slightly more snug.

I would love to see a glass pong and i cant wait. I love the idea of a black glass pong. If possible, @TherealVaporblunt, it should have slightly larger tabs on the inside so that it clicks on the vape better.

I dont have much experience with vb customer service other then getting the new pes pong a while back, but they seemed pretty good. I think it's very unfair to claim that non removable battery is a big issue considering that you should have known that before buying the vape.

A removable battery as well a screw on pong and mp for the vaporblunt 3 would be great.

Also, im not mad at the company or anyone who might be mad at them..... I just dont think a little melting on the pongs is a huge deal. Although, the glass one sounds awesome.

Quick question. When i turn on the vape it shows the battery life for about 5 seconds. If i power off the device while it shows the battery life, it does this weird blinking of the first light 6 times at varying speeds. Anyone else get this?

063_XOBX

Ganjapreneur
No interest in arguing here but if the issue is so well known that its been stated every way possible then it's hardly dumping on the company to discuss it critically. Not to mention the kind of bias to consider in your input as somebody using a pseudonym named after the device in question.

UnderMist

Everyone knows that there is problems with some of the mouthpieces and pongs that's been stated over and over again. It's been stated in every way possible. I was just trying to suggest something that might help so everyone didn't keep dumping on VaporBlunt.

Its pretty hard to move on from something that hasn't been solved. I think its really helpful to state everything about the issue because then people who read about it can see how much we like the product, and "care". Then they can see the resolution, and be happy they purchased/(happy the didn't purchase) the PnP. Its all discussion. Normal communication through a forum.

If PR is your worry, real PR is not words but actions with honest comments on the situation(with some buttering up of course:ko:).

CarolKing

No interest in arguing here but if the issue is so well known that its been stated every way possible then it's hardly dumping on the company to discuss it critically. Not to mention the kind of bias to consider in your input as somebody using a pseudonym named after the device in question.

I really liked the unit, and bought a Pnp around the same time I joined FC. I guess that's why I picked that name. I don't mind discussions and informative information, that's what FC is all about.

CarolKing,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I have been off fc for a while enjoying my pnp. I will start by saying my mp and pong have melted but only slightly. The mp tip did melt more where it plugs in. I still love the pnp. I know that the pong is not a health risk on temp. 5 (although im not going into why again). I also know that it must suck for those of you needing to replace the pong every couple weeks due to melting. I also get ocd about the fact that the mp doenst fit on the device very well. The pong fits on slightly more snug.

I would love to see a glass pong and i cant wait. I love the idea of a black glass pong. If possible, @TherealVaporblunt, it should have slightly larger tabs on the inside so that it clicks on the vape better.

I dont have much experience with vb customer service other then getting the new pes pong a while back, but they seemed pretty good. I think it's very unfair to claim that non removable battery is a big issue considering that you should have known that before buying the vape.

A removable battery as well a screw on pong and mp for the vaporblunt 3 would be great.

Also, im not mad at the company or anyone who might be mad at them..... I just dont think a little melting on the pongs is a huge deal. Although, the glass one sounds awesome.

Quick question. When i turn on the vape it shows the battery life for about 5 seconds. If i power off the device while it shows the battery life, it does this weird blinking of the first light 6 times at varying speeds. Anyone else get this?

I've been happily doing my little DiY mod, and was satisfied also from reading and re-reading these threads health wise about the melting/creep. Its TRVB's response that has got my goat a little tho I guess. I'm not angry, just disappointed :D

As for the battery, I knew the situation going in. At the time of my purchase (early/mid Dec), I think only the firefly had a replaceable battery but was too much of a new product for me to risk it. And none of the other vapes seemed like my kinda thing. I might change my mind about that decision if this battery craps out soon but as I keep saying, apart from the PonG, I'm really happy with the PnP :)

And no, never had that blinking blinking!

Sativape

I want to let everyone know that we do in fact pay attention to our customers, and we hear you on the wish to have an all glass pathway. So here is a solution that should make everyone happy!

We will be offering this adapted PONG fitting (it's not really a PONG anymore but a GONG) as an added accessory to the PNP units.

We still stand by our original statement as to the safety and effective use of the plastic fittings, but realize that people want options. This adapted fitting is an original PONG, modified to fit a Glass 14mm adapter. In this setup, all the plastic does is keep the mouthpiece on the PNP. the air pathway is entirely glass!

yOig1iI.jpg

Y6mUZli.jpg

Pcp3MRv.jpg

j7rgl2X.jpg

@ Engineering.

It looks as though the bottom of glass gong stem is flush with the pong/gong holder.

Since the metal screen is located inside the gong stem, the Pong's stem does not need to be flush with the glass gong stem.

There might not be any need of any inner pong shaft/stem, as the external pong shaft is more than enough material to hold the glass gong in place.

Just my risk assessment as to a potential location of creeping to occur on this new option that you are providing to us.

By removing the pong's inner shaft/stem, this would ensure that there would maximum allowable distance between the bullet/heating chamber and any plastic.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

As a recent customer of a product, that approach wouldnt get me very far.

As a new customer, if I have an issue, I'd rather state the problem, attempt a dialogue, attempt resolution, then move on. I'm hopefully following all the rules, I'm obviously more than happy for mods to tell me otherwise.

I understand how this may be old ground for you and TRVB, but it isnt old ground for a recent customer.

@Engineering.

It looks as though the bottom of glass gong stem is flush with the pong/gong holder.

Since the metal screen is located inside the gong stem, the Pong's stem does not need to be flush with the glass gong stem.

There might not be any need of any inner pong shaft/stem, as the external pong shaft is more than enough material to hold the glass gong in place.

Just my risk assessment as to a potential location of creeping to occur on this new option that you are providing to us.

By removing the pong's inner shaft/stem, this would ensure that there would maximum allowable distance between the bullet/heating chamber and any plastic.

I just typed out "By jove, I think he's got it!" (best sargeant major voice :) ), then thought 'Ah but my PonG is held in mostly by that bit hes talking about taking out'. The clips dont really help much over here, its the oiling up of the PonG shaft thats kept my PonG secure (both before I replaced its innards with glass, and after).

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

CarolKing

Emmdeemo, I think a lot of what you have to say is informative and many are interested in what you're saying. I think you have helped this thread a lot, with helpful ideas. Hopefully everyone can be happy when a solution can relieve people's anxiety regarding health issues about the pong and mouthpieces.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
Good Times

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Emmdeemo, I think a lot of what you have to say is informative and many are interested in what you're saying. I think you have helped this thread a lot, with helpful ideas. Hopefully everyone can be happy when a solution can relieve people's anxiety regarding health issues about the pong and mouthpieces.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
Good Times

No offence here, and that was very nice of you to say, thank you indeedly doodely.

We should now have cake. Where is that cake emoticon?

CarolKing

I agree if the mouthpiece issues hadn't been talked about in this thread nothing would have changed. VB would have thought everything was all fine and dandy, when it wasn't. This thread is to inform others about the good and the bad about a particular vape.

I am not bias in anyway regarding this unit, I know it has some flaws. I believe this unit is only going to get better with time. Thanks to all that add to this thread and help others along the way. You guys are helping to make this a better vape.

CarolKing,
Reactions: Ice Rasta

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Of course I will gladly switch out any damaged pong with a glass pong once they are available. Also, reminder, your pong is covered under warranty. I know that doesn't help if you have concerns about it, but that is all I have to offer until we get the gonp (glass on plastic???)
I agree if the mouthpiece issues hadn't been talked about in this thread nothing would have changed. VB would have thought everything was all fine and dandy, when it wasn't. This thread is to inform others about the good and the bad about a particular vape.

I am not bias in anyway regarding this unit, I know it has some flaws. I believe this unit is only going to get better with time. Thanks to all that add to this thread and help others along the way. You guys are helping to make this a better vape.

I know nobody ever believes me when I at this, but I haven't had a single vendor return a pong (1,000's) I don't even know what to make of that stat, but it's true

Herr_Dampf

Little update on my mouthpiece issue. It seems the vendor that supplied Massdrop with the PNPs sent them Units that still come with the old plastic. I have no confirmation of this, but it would make sense and explain the fuming I get with the mouthpiece.
@TRVB could this be checked by serial numbers?

Top Bottom