Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
@ Ratm22
What are you plugging the USB end into?
A PC or an AC to USB adapter?
Nice Macgyvering!

I would highly suggest you scooping up any 5V 3A wall adapter for your wire.

What are you plugging the USB end into?
A PC or an AC to USB adapter?

I have tried plugging into multiple different USB slots. None seem to provide enough amps.

I ran a second USB power cord and it started to heat for a few seconds before shutting down. We may have to wait till USB 4.0 for enough power.

The only thing that broke on mine was the silly little round connector on the charger. I asked vaporblunt if they would provide me with the correct size and type so that I may repair it myself, but they have not responded.
Does anyone know what you call the connector/ where to buy them?

Don't leave the connector in the unit when traveling, you'll end up with a severed connection.

Ratm22,

vapor33

This is probably a stupid question, but what does the glass water pipe attachment actually do? Why is it better than just using the Pinnacle Pro by itself?

vapor33,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
This is probably a stupid question, but what does the glass water pipe attachment actually do? Why is it better than just using the Pinnacle Pro by itself?

The pinnacle is very hot and not many temp settings. Cooling the vapor down is a must. The water tool is the smallest I have ever seen and can be slid into a jacket pocket.

Plus you don't have to use the mini water tool that is sold with it. Your other glass can easy be adapted and will offer much better diffusion/filtering

vapor33

The pinnacle is very hot and not many temp settings. Cooling the vapor down is a must. The water tool is the smallest I have ever seen and can be slid into a jacket pocket.

Plus you don't have to use the mini water tool that is sold with it. Your other glass can easy be adapted and will offer much better diffusion/filtering

Ok thanks, I had no clue it was because the heat of the vapor. I never realized that could be a problem.

vapor33,

Sativape

The case has been holding up great! Technically there is enough room for the MP to fall off, but since it is leather and is nice and snug, there is a bit of rigidity that makes it near impossible for the MP to detach, unless you bend it purposely. I love the fact that you can never lose your MP while it is in your pocket. Also, it fits the Pinnacle so nice, you'd think it was made for it.

@ Sacrifus,

Thanks for confirming about the MP space.
I'm gonna scoop this thing up for sure.
I might add some spacer/mold so the MP doesn't have anywhere to go...
The case definitely looks like it was made for the PNP.

Sativape,

chimpybits

If you arent supposed to mess with the cotton how could it be feasable with the PNP? Also maybe wrong forum but could i use the cotton method more effectively in my DBV wand near where the tube is inserted?
What do you mean by not supposed to mess with the cotton?

Yes to the cotton in the DBV wand. I've been employing the cotton in the wand trick on my SSV these past few days. I followed @Alan 's technique as described in this post so that I have quite a length of cotton in the wand.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
So, I've really just been using my PNP without the mouthpiece tip in the mouthpiece. I just tried it out and I hate it. It adds more restriction and it appears to get clogged up with resin. I think I'll be passing on the tip from here on out. Is anyone partial to the tip?

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Ok thanks, I had no clue it was because the heat of the vapor. I never realized that could be a problem.
Plus here is what one month's worth of vapor looks like.
okwpyrc.jpg

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
@TherealVaporblunt I received mine today. I made a video of it with my Cloud. I hits really smooth and stacks nicely depending on draw speed and water level. I love how the frit fires, it diffuses so well and still gives good flavour. I love it, I can see this being used a lot. Thanks very much to you guys at VB and Simba for getting this to into my hands :D

The vid is posted here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/f...zed-and-unsupported.11412/page-31#post-505052

Nice video. Simba is our in house glass blower now, they make crazy nice pipes and we are excited about the future of our glass line. I'm currently working on a website that sells only glass and the accessories needed to make all the popular vapes fit in the glass.

That simba frit was designed for our new vape, "The Baker". I am excited for you guys to see our new stuff, it's really good!!!!

I used cotton on the baker yesterday using sticks method and I was shocked at how much better if worked. I could taste the cotton though, but it was worth it. I think I'm going to start including cotton to open peoples minds to trying it that way.

KUengr

@Ratm22 , do you use oils/concentrates or just loose leaf herbs? How frequently?

I have a PnP ordered and on its way to me though I also have an older VaporBrother's whip style unit. I'm used to the sticky residue buildup but wonder how much cleaner the vapor entering your lungs is through the water tube vs. how much efficiency of the product is lost.

I opted not to get the water tube right off the bat since I am an occasional user and will probably be just fine with minimal draws at low temperatures. That being said, if the vapor is too hot I will certainly be sensitive to it. I don't actually smoke (burn) anything and haven't regularly for 3+ years.

BTW, this is my first post and I am thrilled to see a board of knowledgeable, experienced, mature, and well-versed contributors! This thread was a large part of why I went with the PnP. Thanks for everybody's input.

I have tried plugging into multiple different USB slots. None seem to provide enough amps.

I ran a second USB power cord and it started to heat for a few seconds before shutting down. We may have to wait till USB 4.0 for enough power.

Props to you for a little outside-the-box thinking and resourcefulness! Unfortunately, USB 2.0 can only provide up to 500mA (neglecting loss to heat from resistance) and USB 3.0 provides 900mA (provided you also have 3.0 cables, more wires inside). If three of the 3.0 cables were wired in a parallel circuit from three separate sources then you could almost achieve the 3A current of the PnP wall-charger.

However, I am not familiar with the difference in effects of a DC vs AC on charging batteries. I would be wary of the possibility of damaging the circuit in the vape since we do know it has "smart charging circuitry."

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
@Ratm22 , do you use oils/concentrates or just loose leaf herbs? How frequently?

I have a PnP ordered and on its way to me though I also have an older VaporBrother's whip style unit. I'm used to the sticky residue buildup but wonder how much cleaner the vapor entering your lungs is through the water tube vs. how much efficiency of the product is lost.

I opted not to get the water tube right off the bat since I am an occasional user and will probably be just fine with minimal draws at low temperatures. That being said, if the vapor is too hot I will certainly be sensitive to it. I don't actually smoke (burn) anything and haven't regularly for 3+ years.

BTW, this is my first post and I am thrilled to see a board of knowledgeable, experienced, mature, and well-versed contributors! This thread was a large part of why I went with the PnP. Thanks for everybody's input.

Just daily flowers, probably average 3 bullets/day. With such a small air path I would say there is minimal vapor loss do to glass contact.

Props to you for a little outside-the-box thinking and resourcefulness! Unfortunately, USB 2.0 can only provide up to 500mA (neglecting loss to heat from resistance) and USB 3.0 provides 900mA (provided you also have 3.0 cables, more wires inside). If three of the 3.0 cables were wired in a parallel circuit from three separate sources then you could almost achieve the 3A current of the PnP wall-charger.

However, I am not familiar with the difference in effects of a DC vs AC on charging batteries. I would be wary of the possibility of damaging the circuit in the vape since we do know it has "smart charging circuitry."

The batteries all have to be charged with DC, the power brick at the wall plug changes the current into DC. The only different with charging from usb is that it is not designed to provide huge amounts of current. So the unit will just charge slower.
I tried 12 volts and the smart circuits in the unit immediately flashes red and does not charge.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think I'm going to start including cotton to open peoples minds to trying it that way.

That's a great idea! But if you are going to stock it as a pack in, I suggest using hemp fiber instead. I got a small bag of it from Alan a while back (he got it in bulk somewhere) and I like it better for how it filters and tastes.

PhatBoi

Hi everyone after sending my XP back i shall be receiving my pinnacle pro with hydrotube in a couple of days so i shall add my own little 2 pennys worth in the coming days........ An hopefully be the machine to finally put an end to smoking!!

PhatBoi,
Reactions: OMEiAM

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
So, I've really just been using my PNP without the mouthpiece tip in the mouthpiece. I just tried it out and I hate it. It adds more restriction and it appears to get clogged up with resin. I think I'll be passing on the tip from here on out. Is anyone partial to the tip?

i had the same issue with it. dont use it either

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Got my Pinnacle Pro DLX yesterday morning. My initial thoughts from starting to use it yesterday afternoon tho is that the volcanic monstrosity thats sitting here is gonna be getting very little use from now on ;) The Pro works great with the bong I already have, which has less draw resistance than the glass the PnP comes with (altho I think ive just found that I've been drawing too hard on the PnP glass, a gentle draw seems to get exactly the same air/water movement, so that may all be a moot point :) ).

The PnP's lowest temp settings dont make me cough (particularly with the bullet only half full, tapped down only by tapping the side of the bullet, no cotton used yet), which is great, and those low temps also taste really quite lovely. I've been using the NO2 screens ppl recommended a few pages back to keep the PonG clean, and as a mouthpiece I've been only using the PonG so far, which has great airflow. Sadly I've already got the gauze on the PonG slightly blocked with oil, and it looks insanely fiddly to replace just the gauze. Thankfully it isnt hindering use atm.

Packaging was great, took just over a week to arrive here in the UK. The box was labeled as tshirts and 'gift' by vaporblunt (I've never known a box of tshirts to rattle so much! :) ), and postage only cost me $5 but looks like it cost VB $22! Very much appreciated. My very first reaction on opening the box were the same as every one else seems to have, and no amount of pics have got this across to me, no matter how many times I've seen comments saying the same thing... This thing is TINY! Its so damn small! And the WT is so adorably cute! :D

Actually, I'm a bit confused about the water tool that came with the PnP Pro DLX. Maybe @TherealVaporblunt can help out. The packaging shows a WT with a tapered end, and I thought I'd read a few pages back thats the WT that comes with DLX kit. Mine is straight, with PINNACLE written in white letters. Is this the WT I was supposed to receive? I thought I'd read somewhere that the WT's with PINNACLE written on them had stopped being made, and I thought I'd read that there was a new design for the DLX kit? The WT provided looks very little like the one on the packaging.

Anyway, all in all, it works really well for me with the way I like to vape and I would def recommend it over the other vapes I've used (with an obvious caveat that its each to his own, different vapes for the different ways ppl consume blah blah blah). I was concerned its lowest temp being roughly 6 on the Volcano would mean its too harsh for me (and with over half a full bullet I do have to be careful and just sip or def use water filtering), but it really is lovely and hits like a battering ram. Once I've spent absolutely forever at levels 1 and 2, I can bump up the temp, and get some light clouds that dont irritate my lungs one bit. Very cool.

I have a friend coming over this evening with her Pax (which I love the idea of/looks of but in practice I find doesnt really work for me at all) so no doubt I'll be back with more thoughts. Hopefully, a bunch of much shorter thoughts :D

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Actually, I'm a bit confused about the water tool that came with the PnP Pro DLX. Maybe @TherealVaporblunt can help out. The packaging shows a WT with a tapered end, and I thought I'd read a few pages back thats the WT that comes with DLX kit. Mine is straight, with PINNACLE written in white letters. Is this the WT I was supposed to receive? I thought I'd read somewhere that the WT's with PINNACLE written on them had stopped being made, and I thought I'd read that there was a new design for the DLX kit? The WT provided looks very little like the one on the packaging.

I bought a DLX showerhead. The difference is that the DLX is 18mm where as the WT is 14mm. The DLX is also taller. The DLX pairs with the VB2.0 not the Pinnacle.

Engineering

Manufacturer
Just daily flowers, probably average 3 bullets/day. With such a small air path I would say there is minimal vapor loss do to glass contact.

The batteries all have to be charged with DC, the power brick at the wall plug changes the current into DC. The only different with charging from usb is that it is not designed to provide huge amounts of current. So the unit will just charge slower.
I tried 12 volts and the smart circuits in the unit immediately flashes red and does not charge.

:tup::tup::tup:

Also, for those of you waiting for USB 4.0 to solve these issues, that is probably going to disappoint. Power provided to the USB is standardized to 5V @ 500mA and is not specifically part of the protocol for communications. Since the power is dependent on available supply, this is unlikely to change.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Last edited:
EmDeemo,

Kaptan

bren

@emmdeemo

Does your WT look like Ratm22's further up on this page? That is the design I received in a box that showed a tapered tube. While there does seem to be some difference in splashgurad/perc length between WTs, none of the pictures I have seen seem to be tapered. I'm guessing what's on the box is the initial design render.

edit: oops, old page, didn't see Kaptan's reply

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I think TRVB addressed this once many pages back, that all the tapered design WTs were replaced by the current straight tube but it still appears on packaging and other photos. Not sure why it's still shown that way on his website if that's the case, so maybe I have it wrong.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The one on the vapor blunt page is what im referring to as 'tapered'. This from the product page of the kit I ordered with different glass to what i received - http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/images/products/776.jpg

This is the box I received - http://imgur.com/E7VMTDB

And this is the WT I got in the box - http://imgur.com/VKjpFDy

I think TRVB addressed this once many pages back, that all the tapered design WTs were replaced by the current straight tube but it still appears on packaging and other photos. Not sure why it's still shown that way on his website if that's the case, so maybe I have it wrong.

Oh ok, thanks, if thats correct I must've missed it, I've been thru this entire thread twice already prior to purchase :)

Probably not the best idea for VB to have the wrong pic on the product page...

mod note: Please don't make back-to-back posts. Use Edit to update your post. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom