Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I was sent the thin-walled black pong, from reading through the thread it is not safe/recommended to use this pong above level 3? Just want to check before I go melting stuff.

Also this thing looks cool, have it charging ATM - plan to do a burn off and then a couple sessions.. Anyone here using the no bullet method with the pro?
Sweet, cant wait to hear more.:popcorn:
I do believe the thin walled MP is okay to use up to level 3 no more.
The original PN had 2 settings maybe stay at that temp or under not sure if its 2 or 3 on the pnp?

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: ataxian

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I was sent the thin-walled black pong, from reading through the thread it is not safe/recommended to use this pong above level 3? Just want to check before I go melting stuff.

Also this thing looks cool, have it charging ATM - plan to do a burn off and then a couple sessions.. Anyone here using the no bullet method with the pro?

You won't melt anything, but your thin wall Pong may misform from the heat, or so it was reported here by @Engineering , he maintains there is no health hazard with this issue, but that you will want to exchange for a new Pong.

I've read way back early in this thread about people "going commando" with no bullets, but honestly, I would never even attempt it, I'm pretty sure it would turn the inside of my unit pretty gunky and a mess :shit:, especially since I use a lot of Kief in my bullets. :o If you try it, report back how it goes.

hummerkayak

I bought one yesterday and only got the first full battery out of it. when I went to plug it back in, once the LED's we're alternating blue and green, the LED's turned orange and begin illuminating in an ascending fashion. now when I push the button all it does is illuminate the bottom led the dark blue and nothing else. directions would lead me to believe that this is something to do with the heating element but I think its the battery. any advice other than sending this thing back?

hummerkayak,

llamaman001

I really enjoy the PNP through any type of water. I use it around the 3 or 4 setting and can usually make the bullet last the entire 8 minutes and it deals out some nice clouds. This is more of an at home type of portable for me and not one that I will be taking on the go like I thought I would be able too. The size is stealthy on it but thats kinda where it ended for me. I was unable to handle anything past setting 1 when I was using it dry and I loved vaping whole bowls with my SOLO on 7 and could handle that just fine. I used to sneak my SOLO and MFLB in the movie theater all the time and get away with it, the SOLO I would have to be by myself however because of the clouds. With the PNP I turned it on and right when it hit tempature I had 2 people turn around sniffing in the air because they smelled it, after taking 1 or 2 hits I had more than a few people looking in my direction so that was a complete failure lol. Overall I really do enjoy this vape and its ability to so evenly cook anything I throw at it. The fact that it pairs up with any water device is probably the biggest turn on for me however. Heres a couple pics from a sesh. One on setting 3 and one on setting 4, which you can make out in the pics.

20131122_201524.jpg

20131122_201713.jpg

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I really enjoy the PNP through any type of water. I use it around the 3 or 4 setting and can usually make the bullet last the entire 8 minutes and it deals out some nice clouds. This is more of an at home type of portable for me and not one that I will be taking on the go like I thought I would be able too. The size is stealthy on it but thats kinda where it ended for me. I was unable to handle anything past setting 1 when I was using it dry and I loved vaping whole bowls with my SOLO on 7 and could handle that just fine. I used to sneak my SOLO and MFLB in the movie theater all the time and get away with it, the SOLO I would have to be by myself however because of the clouds. With the PNP I turned it on and right when it hit tempature I had 2 people turn around sniffing in the air because they smelled it, after taking 1 or 2 hits I had more than a few people looking in my direction so that was a complete failure lol. Overall I really do enjoy this vape and its ability to so evenly cook anything I throw at it. The fact that it pairs up with any water device is probably the biggest turn on for me however. Heres a couple pics from a sesh. One on setting 3 and one on setting 4, which you can make out in the pics.

20131122_201524.jpg

20131122_201713.jpg

Got us some Live Action here. LOL

Kuroth1,

Valstar

Hi everybody !
After spending some time these last few months on the forum, I feel ready to go for my first vape ! And I'm going to choose the Pinnacle pro (you can tell that by the topic I'm currently posting on), after reading all the 84 pages on this topic. Seems to fit my needs, and the way the company express themselves in here was the last determining factor ;). But I still have a few questions, if it's not too much of a hassle

- My main use should be Moroccan hash at first, is that a problem (already know you can do it, but what if it's my main use ?).
- What kind of AC adapter you european folks chooses and is 220v a concern ?
- What if I buy one of these usb to 3.5mn and plug that directly in a USB car charger or in a computer, is it gonna work ? no risks for the unit ? (sorry I'm really retarded when it comes to electricity :))

With the black friday coming, I will probably take the WT with it, seems my first vape experience will be an exiting one, and will greatly help in my desire to stop all combustion !

Thanks

Sativape

Hi everybody !
After spending some time these last few months on the forum, I feel ready to go for my first vape ! And I'm going to choose the Pinnacle pro (you can tell that by the topic I'm currently posting on), after reading all the 84 pages on this topic. Seems to fit my needs, and the way the company express themselves in here was the last determining factor ;). But I still have a few questions, if it's not too much of a hassle

- My main use should be Moroccan hash at first, is that a problem (already know you can do it, but what if it's my main use ?).
- What if I buy one of these usb to 3.5mn and plug that directly in a USB car charger or in a computer, is it gonna work ? no risks for the unit ? (sorry I'm really retarded when it comes to electricity :))

With the black friday coming, I will probably take the WT with it, seems my first vape experience will be an exiting one, and will greatly help in my desire to stop all combustion !

Thanks

@Valstar,

Just wanted to share the following info with you and everyone else on here.

I've had the chance to play around with other vapes recently with some Moroccan including the Pinnacle OG.

Here is what I find it the best method with Moroccan.

You will need to incorporate some bud to get the most out of the hash.

The bud has 2 purposes.
1st, a thin layer of bud at the bottom of the bullet will act as a layer to keep the bullet's screen clean and allow for proper air flow.
2nd, by mixing the crumbled or shaved hash with the bud will provide maximum surface area for the hash to be vaped evenly.

Let me explain the crumbled and shaved hash:
Crumbled:
I take about a gram of Moroccan and will do one of 2 things.
Wrap the hash in foil and heat it up with the lighter so it crumbles into a powder and mix it with about 2-3 grams of bud.
Some might mention that the heat from the lighter is combusting the hash... but it's so little that it's negligible.
This method takes only 1 min

Shaved:
I take a gram of hash and toss in in the freezer to let it harden up.
Take an exacto knife or box cutter and just shave the hash down as thin as you can.
It ends up looking like bubble bag pre pressed resins.
Then I mix it up with 2-3 grams of ground bud, the same as the heating method.
This method takes up to 5 mins.

So be sure to place a thin layer of pure bud in the bullet first.
Then add the hash bud mix.

I've done this with the Pinnacle OG and the Solo.
Pinnacle OG worked pretty good, but the higher temps from the Pinnacle Pro will definitely finish off all what the Moroccan will have to offer.
The Solo was able to finish it off really good.
I know the Pinnacle Pro will hit the higher temps with evenly cooked ABV better than anything out there.

As a test, we took what the ABV mix from both the Pinnacle OG and the Solo, and ran separate small QWISO batches.
There was still some unvaped resins left from the Pinnacle OG ABV mix but hardly anything from the Solo ABV.

I'm 100% confident that the Pinnacle Pro will be the perfect portable vape for this Moroccan Bud Mix.
The higher temp being the key.

Keep in mind that the bud will be cooked through before the hash is, so get to know the timelines or else you could be wasting some.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

I can't wait till the guys at VB post the Black Friday codes so I can get this in my palms.

BTW, I read somewhere about someone using Moroccan with the FMJ but it wasn't too successful.
The hash bud mix is for the bullet.

2 more days until the Sale!!!!!!

Moroccan hash mixed with Jamaican cess was hands down the best tasting thing that I have ever vaped.

Last edited:

Valstar

@Valstar,

Just wanted to share the following info with you and everyone else on here.

I've had the chance to play around with other vapes recently with some Moroccan including the Pinnacle OG.

Here is what I find it the best method with Moroccan.

You will need to incorporate some bud to get the most out of the hash.

The bud has 2 purposes.
1st, a thin layer of bud at the bottom of the bullet will act as a layer to keep the bullet's screen clean and allow for proper air flow.
2nd, by mixing the crumbled or shaved hash with the bud will provide maximum surface area for the hash to be vaped evenly.

Let me explain the crumbled and shaved hash:
Crumbled:
I take about a gram of Moroccan and will do one of 2 things.
Wrap the hash in foil and heat it up with the lighter so it crumbles into a powder and mix it with about 2-3 grams of bud.
Some might mention that the heat from the lighter is combusting the hash... but it's so little that it's negligible.
This method takes only 1 min

Shaved:
I take a gram of hash and toss in in the freezer to let it harden up.
Take an exacto knife or box cutter and just shave the hash down as thin as you can.
It ends up looking like bubble bag pre pressed resins.
Then I mix it up with 2-3 grams of ground bud, the same as the heating method.
This method takes up to 5 mins.

So be sure to place a thin layer of pure bud in the bullet first.
Then add the hash bud mix.

I've done this with the Pinnacle OG and the Solo.
Pinnacle OG worked pretty good, but the higher temps from the Pinnacle Pro will definitely finish off all what the Moroccan will have to offer.
The Solo was able to finish it off really good.
I know the Pinnacle Pro will hit the higher temps with evenly cooked ABV better than anything out there.

As a test, we took what the ABV mix from both the Pinnacle OG and the Solo, and ran separate small QWISO batches.
There was still some unvaped resins left from the Pinnacle OG ABV mix but hardly anything from the Solo ABV.

I'm 100% confident that the Pinnacle Pro will be the perfect portable vape for this Moroccan Bud Mix.
The higher temp being the key.

Keep in mind that the bud will be cooked through before the hash is, so get to know the timelines or else you could be wasting some.

Please give this a try and let me know the results.

I can't wait till the guys at VB post the Black Friday codes so I can get this in my palms.

BTW, I read somewhere about someone using Moroccan with the FMJ but it wasn't too successful.
The hash bud mix is for the bullet.

2 more days until the Sale!!!!!!

Moroccan hash mixed with Jamaican cess was hands down the best tasting thing that I have ever vaped.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience ! I have a question, as good bud is pretty hard to find around me (opposed to good hash that I find pretty easily), can I achieve the same with some tobacco ? Not that I want to use tobacco, but will be better than the bud I usually find.

And I have another question about electrical stuff. For portable battery, I've seen that @Engineering said that with a 5V & 3A you should be fine. As I previously stated, I'm really retarded when it comes to electricity ! I was looking for this battery, that is 3A in total output, split between two ports, one 2,4A and one 1,2A. Is that sufficient or do I need a 3A output in a single port ?

Thanks again :)

Kaptan

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience ! I have a question, as good bud is pretty hard to find around me (opposed to good hash that I find pretty easily), can I achieve the same with some tobacco ? Not that I want to use tobacco, but will be better than the bud I usually find.

And I have another question about electrical stuff. For portable battery, I've seen that @Engineering said that with a 5V & 3A you should be fine. As I previously stated, I'm really retarded when it comes to electricity ! I was looking for this battery, that is 3A in total output, split between two ports, one 2,4A and one 1,2A. Is that sufficient or do I need a 3A output in a single port ?

You need 3amps in one port.

Sativape

@Valstar,
I'd definitely take mediocre bud over tobacco IMO....

@ThereaVaporblunt... patiently waiting for them code(s).
Am I a week off? Is it today that the codes are being dropped or the next week?

Last edited:

daverus

Just thought I would post my thoughts after owning the Pinnicle Pro + Watertube attachment after owning it for 2 weeks now.

I got my unit from the massdrop sale.

I have to say, I tried the PAX and the solo and was not that impressed with portables coming from a Da Buddha owner. But I was pleasantly surprised with the PNP. It really works well.

It cooks my weed so evenly and provides similar clouds and taste to my da buddha, which is an impressive feat at that. It cooks more evenly then my Da Buddha, and I like that I don't have to stir it all the time.

It took a few days to get used to pulling properly on the unit but once you have it down, you get really nice tasty hits. I usually get about 6 nice hits before a bowl is done. On that note probably the most annoying thing about the unit is the bowls.

For a portable unit, its hard to imagine using it unless you prepack a bowl, as its kind hard to load and changing a bowl is hard as it becomes extremely hot.

The water tool is a nice touch, but hardly necessary but a cool way to add a little water action. I probably wouldn't have bought but the sale at $50 makes it worth it.

I would love to see an all metal encased version of this unit, but I may be dreaming. The plastic is ok but feels a bit cheap but the overall construction of the unit is pretty solid.

Overall I am very impressed and happy with the purchase!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't know if its your herb or how you pack it. You should be able to go through at least 2 sessions before the weed is spent and the ABV is a dark uniform color.

Last edited:

green2brown

I don't know if its your herb or how you pack it. You should be able to go through at least 2 sessions before the weed is spent.

I don't think that's a fair generalization. For me, a session requires two bullets. Sometimes I kill those two bullets in under 10 hits. Sometimes I sip it and those two bullets take me 20+ hits and a few resets on the auto shutoff. The beauty of this portable is that it's capable of both session types, IME, by allowing long rips with hard hitting clouds or small, more kicked back sips over time. Everyone's method, medicine, tolerance, etc. varies and thusly so will the number of sessions a bullet requires to be finished by each user.

daverus

Herb is always AAAA strains, finely grinded with a grinder. I dont usually pack it down just fill it and wiggle it around till its even. and a little less then the brim. One session for me is 1 bullet. This is always on GREEN, the second heating level. I found that 3 made my herb get almost black when it was done.

Usually do the long hits rahter than shorter puffs.

CarolKing

When I say session I mean 2 eight min sessions. Everyone has their own technique, go for it! I like to conserve as much as I can, $ doesn't come easy. I don't mean to sound critical.

I first start on level 2 the green, then top off on the next level which is kinda yellow towards the end of the second session. I grind my herb and tap down just a bit. I have been using the glass pipe screen (talks about on ascent thread)on top to keep the pong and mouth piece clean. The glass screens everyone has been getting for the Ascent to help fill and distribute heat.

Last edited:

green2brown

When I say session I mean 2 eight min sessions. Everyone has their own technique, go for it! I like to conserve as much as I can, $ doesn't come easy. I don't mean to sound critical.

Gotcha. Again, though, that comes down to the same factors. As I stated, I can finish 2 bullets in under 10 hits which can also take me less than a single 8-minute session. So finishing 1 bullet in under 8 minutes is definitely doable. Just don't want people thinking something is wrong with their unit because they finished a bullet quickly :lol:

daverus

Gotcha. Again, though, that comes down to the same factors. As I stated, I can finish 2 bullets in under 10 hits which can also take me less than a single 8-minute session. So finishing 1 bullet in under 8 minutes is definitely doable. Just don't want people thinking something is wrong with their unit because they finished a bullet quickly :lol:

Ya thanks was a little worried haha, thanks for your input. I think because i'm a former bong user im used to hitting longer and im a cloud chaser. 6-8 hits is my average out of the pnp, still better then 1 bowl on a bong.

chimpybits

... I have been using the glass pipe screen (talks about on ascent thread)on top to keep the pong and mouth piece clean. The glass screens everyone have been getting for the Ascent to help fill and distribute heat.
You mean this?
More glass screen from a pipe manufacturer but this time made on the other side of the Atlantic:

Not sure how well that'd fit in the oven though, it's 5 mm x 5 mm.

or this?

chimpybits,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

CarolKing

I looked on the Vapor Blunt thread to see if anything is talked about regarding Black Friday pre-deals for the FC community and saw nothing. The evening is still young on the West Coast, we could still hear something. VB is from California.

The Simba Wt. is expensive $299., I think it said on VB website, it better work wonderful for that price and theres always the risk of dropping it. I'm a novice at using water tools, I will be anxiously waiting for reviews and detailed info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom