Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Lizard King

Unfortunately the minimum value I could get it marked as was $50. I didn't make a fuss as I didn't want the risk of them opening it and realizing it was in fact worth a lot more than the declared value. I guess I could have had it marked as a gift but the return address may have given that away. Ah well it's paid for now.

@Lizard King You're right, that included an £8 fee from parcel force so the tax was actually £12. Still not far off of 50% though. It was labelled as an inhaler device so who knows, maybe medical equipment is charged at a higher rate. Inhaler device suggests an asthma pump or similar imo.

My PNWT arrived in the UK today. The value was marked as $30US, which is about £18.50 (£3.50 over the £15 limit). My friend had to drive 12 miles to the sorting office and pay an £11.75 ($19US) fee in order to get it. That £11.75 fee was made up of £3.75 import VAT plus an £8 Royal Mail 'handling fee'!!

Such a rip off. No wonder I don't live there anymore.

Sorry. Rant over.

Last edited:

cawshook

Solod out.
Hey guys, few questions:
-does this thing hit as good as the Pax? or more like the original Da Vinci? (in terms of vapor density and quantity)
-Does the device itself smell?
-would the water tube decrease the smell of the vapor because of filtration?

cawshook,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey Hey,

So I got to try a Pinnacle Pro and the water tube last night. Unfortunately I have to start by saying this, as far as flavor I wouldn't rate it very high on my list of portables. To me, and IMO - it reminded a lot of the n02. Now with that being said I also happened to love my n02 as I did the pinnacle Pro. Starting at 2 and working my way up to 5 I thought vapor production rivaled any handheld in similar size or proportion. I was able to pull thick dense vapor consistently until she was spent. The ABV was that coffee grind color that I look for and I felt it's capacity on the flower side to be perfect for me.

Then, I got to try the oil can. Using as little as .01, bho was a heat purged NL5 ground down to powder. The results were staggering, my buddy and I were able to get about 4 very nice hits at which point, we realized my pothead friend had forgot the charger thus ending my Pinnacle session.

All in all, if I was in the market for a portable and weren't broke this would definitely an immediate purchase.

Thanks guy's for bringing a cool piece to the table and I look forward to you on an upcoming bank statement.

mail2_zps98c47683.jpg

cawshook

Solod out.
Hey Hey,

So I got to try a Pinnacle Pro and the water tube last night. Unfortunately I have to start by saying this, as far as flavor I wouldn't rate it very high on my list of portables. To me, and IMO - it reminded a lot of the n02. Now with that being said I also happened to love my n02 as I did the pinnacle Pro. Starting at 2 and working my way up to 5 I thought vapor production rivaled any handheld in similar size or proportion. I was able to pull thick dense vapor consistently until she was spent. The ABV was that coffee grind color that I look for and I felt it's capacity on the flower side to be perfect for me.

Then, I got to try the oil can. Using as little as .01, bho was a heat purged NL5 ground down to powder. The results were staggering, my buddy and I were able to get about 4 very nice hits at which point, we realized my pothead friend had forgot the charger thus ending my Pinnacle session.

All in all, if I was in the market for a portable and weren't broke this would definitely an immediate purchase.

Thanks guy's for bringing a cool piece to the table and I look forward to you on an upcoming bank statement.

mail2_zps98c47683.jpg

Does it still give thick dense vapor without the water tube?

cawshook,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
A water tube like a showerhead isn't designed for mass diffusion therfore it will not enhance the depth of your pull. This is very easily mistaken by the fact the water conditions the vapor allowing you to pull for a longer time resulting in more vapor to your lungs. I will say that I got full force hit's both dry (native) and wet.

Dude, feel free to PM me anytime - I'm always down to help.

GreenRoom

Hey guys, few questions:
-does this thing hit as good as the Pax? or more like the original Da Vinci? (in terms of vapor density and quantity)
-Does the device itself smell?
-would the water tube decrease the smell of the vapor because of filtration?

-It's similar to the original Davinci, but takes a bit longer to heat the load and get the clouds. If you've ever used the DV oil cans with flowers is kinda like that. The flavor lasts a bit longer with the PnP. I use the PnP on level 3 and the DV at 390. I don't have the PAX but I'm a cloud chaser and the PnP fully satisfies my needs.

-The device, when not in use, has a slight smell from resin buildup in the mouthpiece. It's minimal though and you would have to put your nose to it to smell it. I had a loaded bullet of sour D and that smelled, but an empty unit is very slight.

-I don't have the WT but I've used the PnP with a bubbler and no, the smell is pretty much the same.

grokit

well-worn member
The stench is different. The pax reeks all the time, the pnp only while it's heating up. The pax is smaller and has less parts to misplace, but the pnp medicates much more effectively and efficiently.
And of course the pnp has the cool matching mini-hydrotube, for a clear victory imo:science:

Hypno vaper

What's up guys and gals. I haven't received my PnP yet from massdrop but I did get the water tool from trvb. I remember someone mentioning that they fill the water tube up to the middle of the "C" in Pinnacle. Which "C"? I'm not at home to check but when I took it out of the box I think I remember two C's on my unit. Better yet, I guess my question is to the whole group, how much do you guys fill you're water tools? To what level? Thanks.
The Hypnotist

cawshook

Solod out.
-Is it made in Canada or the US?
-Can you hit it while its charging?
-Does the mini hydrator essentially work as a bong? Do you get bong like rips?
-How much does each bullet hold?
-How many of those bullets can you vape at around 190 celcius/374 fahrenheit before the battery runs out if you let it cool all the way down to room temp before reloading?
-Do you have to fine grind ur material? I find that ruins the taste.
-Can you remove the bullets from the chamber while its still hot? In my original Davinci when im using the oil chambers I usually dont wait for it to cool down below 100 degrees to remove it, to preserve battery. Would I be able to do the same with the Pinnacle Pro?

cawshook,

vape4health

If your feeling ballzee you can touch the screen of the bullet straight out a the vape, the screen and only the screen, must be to small a ballast and can't transfer fast enough but if you touch any solid metal you'll quickly know it.

vape4health,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
What's up guys and gals. I haven't received my PnP yet from massdrop but I did get the water tool from trvb. I remember someone mentioning that they fill the water tube up to the middle of the "C" in Pinnacle. Which "C"? I'm not at home to check but when I took it out of the box I think I remember two C's on my unit. Better yet, I guess my question is to the whole group, how much do you guys fill you're water tools? To what level? Thanks.
The Hypnotist
Im in the same boat as you already got my water tool from VB but still waiting on massdrop to ship my PNP. There should only be 1 c cause the pinnacle logo is only written down the side once. I fill mine a tad over the middle of the c. I suggest filling it to where you said with clean water then stand facing a mirror and draw through it. Watch the piece in the mirror to see if you're getting the type of bubble production you want while making sure you don't get any water in your mouth.

I've been using the tool with my underdog and I'm loving it so much I've been considering buying a second while they're so cheap.

Andy

-Is it made in Canada or the US?
-Can you hit it while its charging?
-Does the mini hydrator essentially work as a bong? Do you get bong like rips?
-How much does each bullet hold?
-How many of those bullets can you vape at around 190 celcius/374 fahrenheit before the battery runs out if you let it cool all the way down to room temp before reloading?
-Do you have to fine grind ur material? I find that ruins the taste.
-Can you remove the bullets from the chamber while its still hot? In my original Davinci when im using the oil chambers I usually dont wait for it to cool down below 100 degrees to remove it, to preserve battery. Would I be able to do the same with the Pinnacle Pro?
made in China/designed in Cali
yes you can hit while charging
The water tube kind of works like a bong. It cools the vapor down. The rips aren't thick like combustion with a bong
I think the bullet holds about a quarter to a half gram
I can almost do four bullets before the battery runs dead. Very tightly packed, getting at least two sessions per bullet, and letting the pro cool down after each bullet is spent.
I like to break my herbs up with bonsai trimming scissors, so no, I don't use a fine grind.
I would advise not dumping a hot bullet into your hand as it hurts and could leave a blister. I would rather dump it onto my coffee table or the center console. Once the bullets are out of the pro they cool fairly quickly.

Last edited:

Sativape

Another thought I wanted to add, was that the pro is definitely a noticeable improvement over the original pinnacle. Better airflow, thicker clouds and the variable temps are sweet.

So if you didn't like the first version, definitely give the pro another look...night and day in my book.

@Tweek and others who have tried both the OG and Pro:

Can the higher temp setting on the OG vape Moroccan hash?
What is the higher temp setting on the OG equivalent to on the Pro?

Sativape,

Hypno vaper

I enjoy a light fill with water levels slightly above the slits. My wt traps fluid in the top section as you can see so if you overfill it you can get wet . . . :rolleyes:

wt2dy.jpg
Thanks. Actually, I think mine is a different version than yours. Your top section where the water is trapped is set much lower than mine. My top section is much higher and much more closer to the mouth opening. Don't know if that's going to make a difference in performance/water trapping or not, still haven't used it yet. I'm assuming this is the newer model because it came with a black pong instead of the clear as others had received on earlier models. Although I think this is the thin wall/rim pong, I have to go back and look at the earlier photos, who knows, I did see two C's in Pinnacle LoL.

@MileHighLife: appreciate the tip. I know what it is now that I'm home. At first glance, the design above the "L" is almost connecting, make it appear as a "C". I'm vaked, I don't even think that made sence. Thanks for the mirror tip,never thought about that.
The Hypnotist

CapitalFlower

Hi guys, new to this thread.

I'm looking for a new vape to replace my Inhalater. I think I've narrowed it down to two, either the Pinnacle Pro or the T-Vape.

I was just wondering, what are the major flaws of the Pinnacle? And what's the battery life like? I heard it wasn't too great. Can it be used whilst charging?

Thanks

Top Bottom