Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Berkey

Contact Eric at VB and he will get you sorted out.

From what I can gather, ALL thin-walled pieces (PonG and regular Mouthpiece) are all made of PC which engineer said can handle up to level 3. The PnPro should have a thicker walled PES version. (From what I have read in the OG thread, there are possibilities of thick-walled PC versions out in the wild.)

Check out http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-pinnacle-by-vaporblunt.8431/page-89#post-413221 for the full coverage on what that examination will unveil.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Thank you for sending that link but my black tinted MP actually had the thicker wall. I'm hoping that it's the PC version in the wild vs. the PES version. If it was a PES MP, I would still slightly be alarmed about the piece that broke offbut after reading how often @Engineering has stated that there isn't anything dangerous to worry about as nothing is melting or releasing any poisonous fumes, I am feeling a bit more at ease...With that said, I'd still like my MP that I sent back examined.

Last edited:
Berkey,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
Thank you for sending that link but my black tinted MP actually had the thicker wall. I'm hoping that it's the PC version in the wild vs. the PES version. If it was a PES MP, I would still slightly be alarmed about the piece that broke offbut after reading how often @Engineering has stated that there isn't anything dangerous to worry about as nothing is melting or releasing any poisonous fumes, I am feeling a bit more at ease...With that said, I'd still like my MP that I sent back examined.

I see. Well I'm sure they will look into the matter. I am interested in your issue as well. Did you take a picture prior to sending back?

sxmokeUP,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
So I'm in on the deal on massdrop but I'm kind of confused from reading the thread about which mouth pieces are defective. Is it just the clear pong?

Edit: found the answer to my question on page 55

Last edited:
MileHighLife,
Reactions: chimpybits

Berkey

I see. Well I'm sure they will look into the matter. I am interested in your issue as well. Did you take a picture prior to sending back?
I tried and it kept getting a bit blurry in the light I was in at the time so I just packed it up and sent it back. Sorry.

Berkey,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
tweek...I would put in a request for the right mouthpiece, but continue to use the one you got in the mean time.

stickstones,
Reactions: Tweek

salivape

I very well could of missed it but I think engineer only confirmed the vape can't combust the plastic. My pong didnt appear to soften in the sense of thermo plastic soft, my untrained eye would guess at heat degradation.

What he said was that like all plastics used in injection moulding, the plastic turns from a solid state to a liquid with no change to the composition ie no gas is released. In other words its safe to use but it may go out of shape.

salivape,

uncrustable

@trvb I have received a bad mouth piece and pong piece. The mouth piece just broke and the pong piece is melting. Also you should answer your emails on your site, or at least let people know that this website is the only way to get your attention.

uncrustable,

Tweek

@trvb I have received a bad mouth piece and pong piece. The mouth piece just broke and the pong piece is melting. Also you should answer your emails on your site, or at least let people know that this website is the only way to get your attention.

They are probably just overwhelmed with emails through their main site, at the moment. Shoot them an email at:

vaporblunteric@gmail.com

I emailed last night and he got in touch with me this morning (I am in Canada). There was no problem with sending out a new one.

Just keep in mind, he might be getting quite a few requests so be patient. They are nice folks and very CS oriented.

uncrustable

They are probably just overwhelmed with emails through their main site, at the moment. Shoot them an email at:

vaporblunteric@gmail.com

I emailed last night and he got in touch with me this morning (I am in Canada). There was no problem with sending out a new one.

Just keep in mind, he might be getting quite a few requests so be patient. They are nice folks and very CS oriented.

Thank you tweek. I'll be sure to do that. The website could use a link to the forums though imo

uncrustable,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Thank you tweek. I'll be sure to do that. The website could use a link to the forums though imo

My pleasure uncrustable. A link seems ideal, but I imagine a flood of people coming here, would just jam the lines anyways. Sometimes when these things happen, companies get a little unexpectedly overwhelmed.

I am confident they will take care of you. Welcome to FC :)

vape4health

Bummer, the ascending light is now happening not only in pass through but when charging too. Even worse I think it discharged the battery while it was sitting here doing the light thing.

vape4health,

Ecopain

To The Uk guys. How long did shipping take on your PnP. And how much did customs charge.
Thanks.

Ecopain,

salivape

To The Uk guys. How long did shipping take on your PnP. And how much did customs charge.
Thanks.

2 weeks, £20. I did have the value marked as $50, so I dont know where they plucked £20 from. Seems a bit excessive but I couldnt be bothered to argue.

salivape,
Reactions: EmDeemo

bigwheels

engineering or trvb, what is the safest way to clean the little bit of residue that builds up on the heating element?

bigwheels,

lookhigh

FC member
customs = criminals $50 value and they added £20 that's about half/50%. you sir have been robbed.
I agree that its best not to argue with them its like:bang:

2 weeks, £20. I did have the value marked as $50, so I dont know where they plucked £20 from. Seems a bit excessive but I couldnt be bothered to argue.

lookhigh,

Lizard King

customs = criminals $50 value and they added £20 that's about half/50%. you sir have been robbed.
I agree that its best not to argue with them its like:bang:

Agreed. That £20 charge will have included import VAT and a Royal Mail Handling Fee (they first pay the import VAT for you, then charge you said VAT plus a fee for doing it). In fact, most of that £20 is probably the handling fee.

The best way to avoid any fees at all is by getting all packages declared as £15 or less (£40 or less if it's also declared as a gift).

Lizard King,

salivape

Unfortunately the minimum value I could get it marked as was $50. I didn't make a fuss as I didn't want the risk of them opening it and realizing it was in fact worth a lot more than the declared value. I guess I could have had it marked as a gift but the return address may have given that away. Ah well it's paid for now.

@Lizard King You're right, that included an £8 fee from parcel force so the tax was actually £12. Still not far off of 50% though. It was labelled as an inhaler device so who knows, maybe medical equipment is charged at a higher rate. Inhaler device suggests an asthma pump or similar imo.

salivape,

Tweek

Customs is hit or miss. My package came through just fine, this time...with some extra goodies from the nice folks at VaporBlunt :D

Have not had a chance to play with it much yet, but I generally like to take some time with a unit before a full review. Definitely eager to take this out with me, and really put it through its paces.

Tweek

Sweet mother of...I just had an amazing session with my pro. I am so friggen :mmmm: Prior to this, the only portable I could rely on, was my PAX...and that wasn't always so reliable either. Now I need more time with this guy, but so far it is knocking my socks off! Thick, warm vapor, easy to use, lightweight...mmmmm so far me likey.

HSIHP

Hello all! I got back from a wonderful music festival last night and the Pro performed admirably. I bought a battery pack and a cheap 12v converter to charge it and it worked perfect, i threw it on the charger every time I was at camp and I was never without a vape when I needed it.

I enjoyed having the bullets on stand by and I'm convinced I need more. I end up making a great bullet holder from an empty lip balm container and plugging it with an ear plug (pics to come later). It worked awesome and I LOVED being able to re-pack in the middle of a bands set with little to no effort. (This is something I've been looking for for quite a while.)

One snafu though, and I knew I would eat my words.
I doubt that will happen. My mouth piece is not solid, but I don't think it will ever fall off while in my pocket.

It did fall off, but only once and I will admit, it was at the end of night night after 5 or 6 sessions and about 8 beers and 5 hours of music so I was not in the most attentive head space. It was kind of sad sitting down by a fire away from camp and pulling out a Pro with no mouthpiece on. Threw me for a loop but it ended up being fine, GF had the Pax in her purse ready to go. ;)

All in all a great weekend with and ever better vaporizer. I like using the regular MP with no tip and it's very discrete and the people who were interested I simply said "e-sig" and that's all they needed. While this will never replace my Solo as the #1 portable (wins in clouds and taste) it has officially took the stealth spot by storm and will most likely be my go-to from now on. Go Pro people, you will love it!

Tweek

It's a beautiful, sunny day where I am at. A cool breeze, and the smell of an approaching winter is in the air. I've been outside for most of the morning, and had the pro with me the whole time. Compared to my PAX, it was a dream. Easy draw, good flavour and nice warm hits that I felt tickle the back of my throat.

The first few pulls show light, but visible vapor...as you progress, the heat builds and the hits get thicker...basically, it takes a few hits before the pro really hits it's stride and starts chugging. But from hit one, to the final hit of the morning, it was always satisfying and did it's job admirably :ko:

Easy to maintain is nice as well...unlike my PAX, which gummed up after a couple of uses, the bullets on the pro help keep maintenance simple. Still need to see how it fares after a long period between cleanings, but the bullets are fun. They get mighty hot though, so if you want to swap on the go, you have to have a solution. Right now, I just dump it out onto an old grinder screen.

I did an initial burn off, and there was no noticeable off gassing of any sort. The unit is plasticky, which may be a turn off to some, but outside of the initial new vape smell/taste, I've only tasted my herb. Right now, I also find that my mouthpiece does not click on tightly until the unit is warm. Makes me a bit nervous to toss it into my pocket as is...I may have gotten the wrong type of plastic mouthpiece though, so I will update if I do receive a replacement.

Some folks don't like the look, but it doesn't bother me. It's slim, and sits in the pocket nicely. I don't feel that it would break easily, either. Feels great in the hands, and the draw is relatively unrestricted. The mouthpiece will get a touch hot, especially if you draw too quickly. Has not bothered me much

So far so good! I will update as I spend more time with it.

Top Bottom