Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

theCerberus

@Engineering could you please address my comments about the PonG problems.

1. The screen is very difficult to place back in after popping it out. Is there any technique to avoid bending the shit out of it?
2. The screen can, and has scuffed the plastic of my PonG, does this pose any problems?

theCerberus,

Engineering

Manufacturer
@Engineering could you please address my comments about the PonG problems.

1. The screen is very difficult to place back in after popping it out. Is there any technique to avoid bending the shit out of it?
2. The screen can, and has scuffed the plastic of my PonG, does this pose any problems?

1: I know this is not the easiest thing to get back in - also the reason we don't offer the screen as a standalone replacement. Best suggestion is to first pop all the edged into the inside of the lip and then gently press the whole thing.

2: nothing to worry about with the scratching, except for cosmetic concerns.

Reveen

Got my 14-18mm adapter today ($7 on Ebay) . . . can't wait to hook my Pro up to my Mobius tonight! Anyone else not have the WT and use their Pro with a bong or bubbler? Are you getting good results?

Reveen,

rsqemt911

Got my 14-18mm adapter today ($7 on Ebay) . . . can't wait to hook my Pro up to my Mobius tonight! Anyone else not have the WT and use their Pro with a bong or bubbler? Are you getting good results?
I have a small RooR I will try mine with in the AM after work. I used my FBomb WT earlier with very nice results. My RooR has less diffusion so I will see how that variable effects it as well.

rsqemt911,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I Admit, I am horrible with staying up to date with other people's products. So I decided to search what a "fbomb" is and to my surprise it looks like another blatant copy of one of my designs. Am I wrong or missing something? Maybe they came first and I jocked them subconsciously. Can anyone catch me up to speed?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I Admit, I am horrible with staying up to date with other people's products. So I decided to search what a "fbomb" is and to my surprise it looks like another blatant copy of one of my designs. Am I wrong or missing something? Maybe they came first and I jocked them subconsciously. Can anyone catch me up to speed?
In all fairness, your pnwt is just a smaller version of the original evolver hydracirc, is it not?
Imitation is the highest form of flattery! Lol

berbano

While on the topic of other water tubes are there any plans to release different tubes for the Pinnacle?

berbano,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
In all fairness, your pnwt is just a smaller version of the original evolver hydracirc, is it not?

Yeah, but through out history products have been refined. This usually means faster, smaller, cheaper if we are talking about cars, electronics.....

My question is, does the fbomb offer any refinement to the design of a WT, or is it basically the same as mine?

While on the topic of other water tubes are there any plans to release different tubes for the Pinnacle?

I love it when people ask the right question!!! Do to all the carbon copies of the clear glass versions, we are rolling out a frit disk (of course with our own spin on it) and a freezable glycerin (giving mad props to illedelph, they invented that shit) and a colored redesign of our pinnacle wt

Edit: my bad, I thought I was editing that top post. Please merge

Last edited by a moderator:
TherealVaporblunt,

berbano

I love it when people ask the right question!!! Do to all the carbon copies of the clear glass versions, we are rolling out a frit disk (of course with our own spin on it) and a freezable glycerin (giving mad props to illedelph, they invented that shit) and a colored redesign of our pinnacle wt

You sir have piqued my interest. :tup:

berbano,

ehakim

My question is, does the fbomb offer any refinement to the design of a WT, or is it basically the same as mine?

If i remember correctly Planet vape mentioned the fbomb at least a year ago but you guys came out with the pn and WT before they released anything so I think you both had the same idea you just best them to the punch. As far as I know they're pretty similar.

Here's what I found:

There are some differences, Pinnacle WT lets water in to your mouth when clearing or hitting hard, f-Bomb will not. Pinnacle WT is thicker, wider and much heavier and bulkier, f-Bomb is lighter, slimmer and diffuses better IOO due to the f-Bombs jet diffusion design forcing the vapor down in to the water in a confined space.

Both are 14mm only and a welcomed addition to the Solo as they work great.
PV

ehakim,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist

Lol, read your latest comments and to play devils advocate:
Be warned, cause DG has a Patent Pending on frits in the water filtration community.
If you ask around, some think he's a genius for the Patent Pending, and some think he is an ass for trying to profit in this way when "through out history products have been refined."

Man, whoever thought up reinforcing any percs can file for new patents and say it is a new design.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
^^^They might end up with a patent for the process they use to make 'em, don't think they'll get a patent on the glass itself. You can file for a patent on anything you want , it doesn't mean you'll get it.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
@RUDE BOY, My point was that I believe the Pinnacle WT has a patent pending on their design also.

Patents aren't worth anything in this business. I haven't patented a single thing we've done, it isn't going to stop China. We try to be like pentium, by the time you copy me I'm already on to the next one.

And while I'm certain you are right that DG is trying to patent frit, I would bet everything it is not enforceable. Anyway, whether fbomb or me came first, I'm going to redesign it and blow there's out of the water(pipe) :)

berbano

What level do you stop filling the pinnacle WT for best results. When I was using it last night I did get a little water past the splash guard. It wasn't disturbing me or anything but I imagine I just filled the tube too much.

berbano,

rsqemt911

Yeah, but through out history products have been refined. This usually means faster, smaller, cheaper if we are talking about cars, electronics.....

It's slightly cheaper than yours. (Sorry)

Performance wise, I do not know since I have never used the pinnacle tube. I had posed the question as to the difference in diffusion between them prior but never got a response.

rsqemt911,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
I haven't patented a single thing we've done.
My mistake, it was a diff manufacturer that I mixed up.

Back on the PWT; Not really interested in Patent Law. I want a functional piece at a great price. If tvrb, fbomb, vxl, gbd, or even if it is stolen by china on eBay, we all vote with our wallets. Some will take the carbon copies and some will take the pride and sweat of a thought out piece. Market for all.

I do want to see more fritted pieces. Using glass or quartz? Is the word "spin" a clue to the new design? Hope the colored design does not look too much like "china" glass colors (hope that made sense).

sxmokeUP,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
@TherealVaporblunt I have an 7 1/2-8 inch fritted hydratube and my pinnacle pro clogs it bad! I don't know why. No other vapes do this to it. But seriously, after 1-2 it's nearly unhitable! I've done 30+ dabs in a night through it before and not plugged it up but a couple sessions with my pinpro does it every time. There's something special in the vapor that thing produces I guess. Maybe that's why it seems to medicate SOOO much better than other portables. Anyways, test a fritted tube extensively before you go into production on them. Ill post a pic later of my pinpro with the tube.

grokit

well-worn member
^ Have you tried putting some cotton/hemp fibers in there? Whatever gets caught up could be vaped separately.

grokit,

Belgianvapor

@TherealVaporblunt I have an 7 1/2-8 inch fritted hydratube and my pinnacle pro clogs it bad! I don't know why. No other vapes do this to it. But seriously, after 1-2 it's nearly unhitable! I've done 30+ dabs in a night through it before and not plugged it up but a couple sessions with my pinpro does it every time. There's something special in the vapor that thing produces I guess. Maybe that's why it seems to medicate SOOO much better than other portables. Anyways, test a fritted tube extensively before you go into production on them. Ill post a pic later of my pinpro with the tube.

when I put a domed screen in the bullet (pushed down a fair bit) I got alot of oil residu on my mp screen with the og pn, not so much without the screen, maybe because the herbs "absorb" all the extra residu that otherwise would stick to the screen but I do find that the pn (and I guess also the pro) produces alot of
"thick" oily vapor, maybe that's why it medicates so well?

below is a pic of my mp screen after only 3 or so uses while using the domed screen.

HSIHP

So, this may be a dump question but does the Pro come with the PonG mouthpiece or do you have to order it separately?

On that note, does anyone use the normal mouthpiece or is the consensus that the PonG is just better all around?

HSIHP,

dirtydozen12

So, this may be a dump question but does the Pro come with the PonG mouthpiece or do you have to order it separately?

On that note, does anyone use the normal mouthpiece or is the consensus that the PonG is just better all around?

My pro came with a black pong (along with regular mouth piece) and the WT came with another clear pong

dirtydozen12,
Reactions: HSIHP

HSIHP

I use the regular mouth piece for direct draw, and the PonG when using glass. The PonG just seems too big...and maybe too phallic?...for me to use normally. :lol:

But you did got one when you got your Pro, correct? As in, you did not pay extra.

Top Bottom