Discontinued Pinnacle Pro

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@WildChild , did you miss all the others I put up for you and of course blazing? You know I love to tease you:D. I don't have real hopes with hearing from trvb. We are still waiting for an answer to the battery exchange program but with all the vape hoping he does the last vape gets left in the dust, back burner, don't care anymore or whatever. It is sad cause there is so much promise. Real beta testers for new vapes would be nice instead of reviewers so we can iron out issues he doesn't see that we always seem to find like the stupid plastic pong/mp.

420time

sucks to wake up early in the morning and go to school that is located right by the shore, so that means its usually 10degrees or less with freezing winds blowing in your face suffocating you while you try to take a breath.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
KCC 420 ah those where the days.
I just don't get vendors who don't support there products that are well I guess older but really they all just came out. I just find it sad. We all will have dead batteries soon on the pn and still no mention of the replacements. That is find the make it user replacable. The pnp will be in for the same thing. My guess is this will become a throw away vape. Use it a year and toss it:shrug:.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
sucks to wake up early in the morning and go to school that is located right by the shore, so that means its usually 10degrees or less with freezing winds blowing in your face suffocating you while you try to take a breath.
If it will make you feel any better, look up 'Baker Lake Nunavut weather' on the net. ...and we are in a warm spell right now! I was walking in -76F (with wind chill) last week. One of our communities (Iqaluit) had 140km/h (not sure what that is in mph) winds a few days ago.

But a cold, damp wind coming from the shore can freeze you right to your bones. Ours is a very, very dry cold because we are a desert...just as dry as the Sahara up here. And only about 3 hours of daylight a day at this point...I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Wish I had my PNP as a pocket-warmer! But I'm prolly looking at a 4 week minimum before I see it again. At least my FF is on the way!

Take care, 420.

proghead

Is there knowledge of the PnP been copied as KHNOCKOFFS, being such recent release? That would ruin savings obtained in the net.
Sorry if this was answered before, but thread is 115 pages strong!

Any one bought a new PnP on eBay? Was all Ok in addition to the savings? Comments of good experiences with any seller sites used by anyone are welcomed!
Thanks

Last edited:

420time

If it will make you feel any better, look up 'Baker Lake Nunavut weather' on the net. ...and we are in a warm spell right now! I was walking in -76F (with wind chill) last week. One of our communities (Iqaluit) had 140km/h (not sure what that is in mph) winds a few days ago.

But a cold, damp wind coming from the shore can freeze you right to your bones. Ours is a very, very dry cold because we are a desert...just as dry as the Sahara up here. And only about 3 hours of daylight a day at this point...I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Wish I had my PNP as a pocket-warmer! But I'm prolly looking at a 4 week minimum before I see it again. At least my FF is on the way!

Take care, 420.

thats really sucks with your weather, but do you have to wake up at 8. drag your ass to school and sit in for 2 hour of math.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I meant email, I didn't PM @TherealVaporblunt. I sent several emails to that email address since it's posted on their warranty/return page. I came here because VaporBlunt responds here much more frequently than they respond to emails about having a unit under warranty replaced. The postings seems to have worked too because I just received my return information. I won't be posting about this any further and I apologize if I violated forum rules.

I'm glad your issue is resolved. You didn't break any rules, so there's no need to apologize.

proghead

Haven't heard of any Knockoffs, Make sure its an authorized reseller like theyoyokid1 so you have a warranty if going with ebay.

I'm always slow when baked, OMEiAM got here first.

Your comment is much appreciated plus you included the issue of not being aware of knockoffs.

Thank you and OMEiAM!

420time

wow the replacement PnP i receieved is so much stronger then the one i bought the week it came out. level 1 with WT gets mad vapor, the one i sent in on level 1 with WT always get me wispy hits no matter how long its been on. guess someone deep within this topic told me my PnP shouldnt of stopped working from dropping such a small distance on a rug, and i guess he was more then correct. the heat setting was wrong i guess!

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
IMG_20140110_002457_zps2c997635.jpg

Couldn't help myself.

@Engineering should any old 18650 work for a replacement or am I looking for a high drain (10a coninuous) battery? Theres no labels on the stock battery can you hook us up with the stock batteries specifications.
Right on

Last edited:

Kaptan

IMG_20140110_002457_zps2c997635.jpg

Couldn't help myself.

@Engineering should any old 18650 work for a replacement or am I looking for a high drain (10a coninuous) battery? Theres no labels on the stock battery can you hook us up with the stock batteries specifications.
Right on

Hope this helps.

Since this has been asked so many times:

We do NOT recommend you remove the battery from the unit. It was not intended for user replacement and removal of the electronics from the Pinnacle or Pinnacle PRO's housing will void your warranty!

That said, with your background you can probably figure out how to disassemble the Pinnacle. (I will not give instructions on how to do this, but I'm sure some others on this board can help) in that case, you could potentially replace the battery. My question to you is. Why?

The battery in the Pinnacle and in the Pro is a single cell 18650 type Li-Ion battery. it is rated at 2000 mAh. Yes, you can find batteries with higher capacity ratings. What you will have trouble with is finding a replacement that has 5A of peak discharge current. I spoke to this on the Pinnacle thread: we re-formulated the batteries so that they would match with the heater core. if you use a different cell, you may find the unit randomly cut's out and stops working!

Add to this, if you remove the battery you will wipe the calibration settings and your temps will be off. May be low, and you get poor performance - or too high and the unit melts!

We have not had any reports of the batteries going bad, and don't anticipate that happening. So again, not sure why one would want to replace the battery? I realize everyone would like to have longer operating times. This is why on the PRO we added in use while charging. In order increase the use time, we would have to add more batteries, and we feel that keeping a small size was more important than long battery life.

If your looking for really long battery life, I would recommended looking into the VB2.0 which has significantly more battery capacity.

MileHighLife

Puuurrrrfect ... thanks @Kaptan. I kow of 1 battery rated @ 10amp continuous discharge rated at 3000mah meaning i shpuld get 50% battery life ... and thats just in limn. Since hes already using li ion i should be able to find a 5000mah but ill have to search for a bit.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Puuurrrrfect ... thanks @Kaptan. I kow of 1 battery rated @ 10amp continuous discharge rated at 3000mah meaning i shpuld get 50% battery life ... and thats just in limn. Since hes already using li ion i should be able to find a 5000mah but ill have to search for a bit.

Are you unconcerned about the temperature recalibration?

Herr_Dampf

The calibration wipe kinda scares me, keep us up to date MileHigh.
I joined the Massdrop for the PNP, hope this battery change works out. From my expirience with e-cigs, a 18650 can die pretty quick if you discharge and charge them on a daily base (multiple times), changing the batteries myself would be a pretty important option to me.

MileHighLife

Are you unconcerned about the temperature recalibration?

Nope :D if it fucks it i have plewnty other vapes to hold me over. Plus one member that was having issues with his unit unplugged and replugged his battery and everything was back to normal.

Ordered on of these. Coukd've got higher in mah rating but I really like the fact these are limn ... 10a continuous 2900mah

And the stock batteries seem to be no name batteries rated @ 2000mah so I doubt they hold even that much.

Edit: for link
http://trianglevape.com/panasonic-ncr18650pf-2900mah-10a/

Last edited by a moderator:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
thats really sucks with your weather, but do you have to wake up at 8. drag your ass to school and sit in for 2 hour of math.
I did 20 years ago. Now I have to wake up at 6:30am and go to work for 8 hours. ...but I remember what it was like and feel your pain.

WildChild,
Reactions: Dreamerr

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
If anyone knows a way to contact Eric or anyone else @ VB, I would be grateful if you could tell me. I sent my unit back to them 2 weeks ago but am uncertain if it has arrived yet. I have sent them e-mails asking but they will not respond. Have they closed down shop or something?!

I really want to continue supporting VB but don't feel I am getting that support back when I need it. Already went through the BS with wrong mouthpieces, etc. Had the damn thing for two months and the heater crapped out. So disappointed as I really liked this one. Even generated a few sales for them.

TRVB? ENGINEERING? I know this isn't the place to try and contact you but I am getting nothing through the proper e-mail channel.

Thank you.

Top Bottom