Discontinued Phyto-Lab vaporizer

max

Out to lunch
Exactly the same use, in any weather condition, could be done with a VG, if you have the right lighter and put it upside down.
I don't agree that a VG is equal to the Phyto-Lab. It's designed for vaporizing liquids/oils or for use outside in windy weather. Although you can use the VG with a torch, it's more difficult even without wind as a factor. The Phyto-Lab is a heat, then hit type, like the Vapman, and those two are superior models for cold, windy conditions. Definitely a niche vape though. If you don't ski or vape liquids, there are better choices.

max,

Schotzele

Relaxing
You're right, i didn't formulate it properly. Of course the design of the PL makes it easier to vape in windy or rainy weather conditions. With a VG it would me more difficult, but still not impossible. Still think that the PL is a bit better than the VG when burning resin. The VAAPPP is probably the best solution for that but has the sames cons (expansive for what it is + the heat chamber gets hot). Haven't tried that one yet thus.

I've tried the torch lighter with a VG and after a bit of practice it works very well. You just have to be careful about keeping you flame far enough from the VG top.

Another issue about vaping while skiing (it won't arrive to me, but...). It might be easy to use a PL in such conditions. But definitely not to reload is again, as you have to mess up with the small screens. So you better put a lot of plant material in it before going on your trip!

It's quite easy to vape some oil in almost any vape. Just put a drop of it on some dried vaped out plant material and go on ;) But you're right too, the PL is specially designed for that.

Schotzele,

max

Out to lunch
Another issue about vaping while skiing (it won't arrive to me, but...). It might be easy to use a PL in such conditions. But definitely not to reload is again, as you have to mess up with the small screens. So you better put a lot of plant material in it before going on your trip!
Yeah, it would take a backseat to the Vapman there.

max,

panspermia

This is my first post. I was impressed by and appreciative of stickstones' and Schotzele's detailed reviews. This whole forum is pretty darn impressive, and you guys are good representatives. I've only used a vape over a single weekend, a friend's Vapir No2, but after reading about vapes all day today, and then hitting this thread, here's what I was left wondering:

Why would you recommend anyone at all consider the Phyto-Lab, or the VaporGenie, when from what I've read you would get all their advantages, and none of their disadvantages, with the Magic Flight Launch Box. No? (I'm talking about for bud, skiing or hang-gliding or at the movies or whatever, not for liquid.)

snappys

Hi everybody, just to show you how my phyto-lab stuff looks like. I must say that is one of my prefered vapes. I have Volcano, Da Budda, I-inhale, MFLB, Vapman, VG, VaporStar, Vapbong, Ubie, an crap called Vaporite, among others but this one is special.
I wouldnt say that it's portable because its hot when you use it but I want to stress its versatility (any material, solid, liquid, etc can be used) efficiency and effectiveness (always works and runs very well) and best of all is everlast. Along with Da Budda the most tasty I ever had (first hits) and extremely easy to clean (hygiene is important). Ideal for taste new flavours. I dont use it everyday but I use it always when I want to try something new or have a good high.
Cheers!
XOXOF.jpg

snappys

Yep! I bought it in ebay (long long time ago) and It's a made in China model VR-001#
Maybe a fake? I dont know the fact is that I could only use it one or two times because it smells and tastes like the plastic folder wire were burning, something really nasty.
This is at least my experience with it.

snappys,

Egzoset

Banned
Thank you.

snappys said:
Maybe a fake?

Quite possible, i've often noticed that Vaporite and Noble Vapor products do look like copies of each other. Though i just can't determine which one is the original...

:peace:

Egzoset,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
snappys...that pic you posted is not the same phyto-lab as I got my hands on a while ago when I did the review. Either they have a new version or you have the wrong vape?

stickstones,
Reactions: Schotzele

snappys

Hi mate, I'ts the same. I put it this leather cord and pieces of wood in order to hold it safer and colder vapor, that's why I wanted to show it to you. I feel happy with its look and how it works as well. Taste delicious.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I get it...nice mod! That probably makes it cool enough to use on a regular basis. It's barely recognizable.

stickstones,
Reactions: Schotzele

snappys

I wouldnt recommend it as a vape on the go, because you'd have to carry with the torch too (dificult to hide two things), you have to wait about ten minutes to take the bowl out, etc (which means to many cons and there are better vapes to this situation IMO).
But at home (I use a padded oven cloth to let it cool) is perfect as a personal tool, quick, solid, always work, deliver tasteful hits of vapor and very easy to clean. As a former smoker I like the way in which I use it and the puffs I get (I really like American Natives and thats remeber me the peace pipe). :peace:
If someone has it and wants to give it other oportunity I'd try to help.
NICE DAY!

Schotzele

Relaxing
Hello buddies!

This thread has been sleeping for many years, as has my Phyto-lab vaporizer on my shelve!

I'm rediscovering my "forgotten" vaporizers nowadays.

This one is a nice little one, extremely solid and very reliable like Swiss-made things can be, a futuristic stainless steel cousin of the Vapman. It does the job surprisingly well if you use it like directed.

The manufacturer seems to have stopped producing it as his website is offline and the PLV can't be found in online shops.
Too bad! Maybe, with better marketing and further developments it would have had the succes of a VM or a MFLB. Definitely not a bad

Anyone here still using his Phyto-Lab? When? It seems to be ideal for VERY cold outdoors, a quite specific niche indeed.

Peace all ;)

snappys

Hiya
Im still using my phyto-lab. In fact I bought two units and the second one is brand new because this device is everlasting.
Well made, good materials, simple, solid, easy to clean, vaporizes everything.....
Very happy with this purchase.
have a good day you all.....

Schotzele

Relaxing
Hi snappys! Nice to see you here again!

And nice to see that this dead star still has its fans!

I use mine mainly with ground dried herb, using the lasagna technique with half a dozen of screens. I've tried it with resins and it works but messes the sreens too much.

I have no acces to oils, they cost a fortune in Europe.

I'm a bit sad that the PL did not meet more succes and disappeared. It had indeed a lot of cons and it was pricy (it's Swiss...) but it was a definitely a nice, reliable and almost undestructible unit, with a classy Swiss touch. A few improvements (like fancy wooden mouthpieces, accessoires etc.), a better marketing and it would have been able to compete.

PPN : I'll try to make picture for you, video is too much hassle for me sorry

Last edited:
Top Bottom