Phattpiggies Wood Shed

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
The idea of an illuminated bong stand started out with the red LED's and then went to blue.
I did a quick 'point proving' turn to see how it would all have to go together.
Got other ideas buzzing around in my head for this one, I could do with a holographic projector so I can get a tiny Tupac in there.

This Figured Burr Walnut and Buffalo Horn is the first Dark Matters style with the Ti insert so I knew it was going to be a head scratcher.
Tomorrow it will get another looking at as I'm not happy with the tightness of the angled joint. Hoping a little tweak will pull it all snug,
VRip4NO.jpg

almost there

The idea of an illuminated bong stand started out with the red LED's and then went to blue.
Got other ideas buzzing around in my head for this one, I could do with a holographic projector so I can get a tiny Tupac in there.

This Figured Burr Walnut and Buffalo Horn is the first Dark Matters style with the Ti insert so I knew it was going to be a head scratcher.
Tomorrow it will get another looking at as I'm not happy with the tightness of the angled joint. Hoping a little tweak will pull it all snug,
VRip4NO.jpg
may you never run out of ideas, the combos are just ridiculous:drool:

Mr. Me2

VRip4NO.jpg
LOVE the use of horn! We talked about other materials a while ago. So happy to see you playing with this variety.

Squiby

@phattpiggie made a Horn and Blackwood lidded stem for me and I've been using it now for a few weeks. It is absolutely Wonderful! The horn is smooth and lusterous and the grain has an illuminating depth to it. The design of the stem is not only stunningly beautiful, it is practical. It's a Vapcap and a case all in one and fits nicely in my hand and it's very comfortable to use. The proportions are spot on. Luxury vaping by @phattpiggie. I love it!!!!

I highly recommend a lidded stem. It is pure genius!

Qoe8kHt.jpg

CVD0GIa.jpg

almost there

@phattpiggie made a Horn and Blackwood lidded stem for me and I've been using it now for a few weeks. It is absolutely Wonderful! The horn is smooth and lusterous and the grain has an illuminating depth to it. The design of the stem is not only stunningly beautiful, it is practical. It's a Vapcap and a case all in one and fits nicely in my hand and it's very comfortable to use. The proportions are spot on. Luxury vaping by @phattpiggie. I love it!!!!

Qoe8kHt.jpg

CVD0GIa.jpg
I knew it was gonna be for you! Congratulations, it went to the most deserving collector. Thanks for saving me from a losing thumb wrestling death match with @stickstones for it.

Mr. Me2

Qoe8kHt.jpg

CVD0GIa.jpg
Wow! I SO want one!

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !

Qoe8kHt.jpg

CVD0GIa.jpg

Beautiful work!

So @phattpiggie how did you get that big buck to stand still while you put one of its points to the lathe?

MAbud

For those of you (us) with stems that have condensers built in, what is the best cleaning method? I am reticent to submerge the wood stem in ISO but unclear how us to clean all the residue out...

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
For those of you (us) with stems that have condensers built in, what is the best cleaning method? I am reticent to submerge the wood stem in ISO but unclear how us to clean all the residue out...

I use hard bristle, tapered pipe cleaners on all my VC condensers, soaked in ISO and then a quick follow-up rinse, using a water soaked pipe cleaner; complete with using a dry pipe cleaner to eliminate any moisture. Over two years now with my Ti Woody and no problems.

Hippie

@phattpiggie will send you a bundle of skewers so you can push something like iso soaked cotton wool down the condenser to clean it out. You could do the reverse too, using a piece of string or wire to pull cotton wool through the condenser.

I found some brushes for the job
https://www.fasttech.com/p/3351205

These ones are too short for a stem but have their uses too
https://www.fasttech.com/p/5648100

Squiby

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Apologies @MAbud I've been meaning to work out some pictures to give an idea of how I've been going about the cleaning of longer stems.
I make a small wad of paper and use an old Ecig juice bottle for my Iso.
YknStsCm.jpg
TocbLxkm.jpg

The wad goes 3-4mm into the MP end of the condenser and using the dropper I soak up the wad in situ.
Push it thru with one of the skewers I send out.
epEX0eUm.jpg
qP9alMrm.jpg

Wood is generally okay to come into contact with Iso but it's not usually a good idea to soak it.
Always apply a coat of wood finish if you do get Iso on the wood

Roughed out some blanks the other day, the Oak burr is going to be an interesting turn. It could well disintegrate on me.
Top to bottom 2 Amboyna, Burr Oak, 2 Brazilian Tulipwood and 2 Cocobolo.
tx6FEmM.jpg

Edited in so any wake and bakers don't get confused.
I roughed out this blank as well, the depth of stuff going on is really nice. Fingers crossed it remains when turned down to 8mm'ish.
NLBIAOK.jpg

Had a bit of time to play with upping my presentation game. It's getting there.
HiAX1X4.jpg

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Apologies @MAbud I've been meaning to work out some pictures to give an idea of how I've been going about the cleaning of longer stems.
I make a small wad of paper and use an old Ecig juice bottle for my Iso.
YknStsCm.jpg
TocbLxkm.jpg

The wad goes 3-4mm into the MP end of the condenser and using the dropper I soak up the wad in situ.
Push it thru with one of the skewers I send out.
epEX0eUm.jpg
qP9alMrm.jpg

Wood is generally okay to come into contact with Iso but it's not usually a good idea to soak it.
Always apply a coat of wood finish if you do get Iso on the wood

Roughed out some blanks the other day, the Oak burr is going to be an interesting turn. It could well disintegrate on me.
Top to bottom 2 Amboyna, Burr Oak, 2 Brazilian Tulipwood and 2 Cocobolo.
tx6FEmM.jpg

Edited in so any wake and bakers don't get confused.
I roughed out this blank as well, the depth of stuff going on is really nice. Fingers crossed it remains when turned down to 8mm'ish.
NLBIAOK.jpg

Had a bit of time to play with upping my presentation game. It's getting there.
HiAX1X4.jpg
Simply beautiful stuff, what a collection :drool:

Top Bottom