Phattpiggies Wood Shed

needalift

PuUhPxo.jpg

Can't say enough how gorgeous this piece is, so much complexity in the form factor and construction. Here's some upgrades-

RPcVsjl.jpg

Titanium core eliminating any chance of splits or cracks

xtSV23x.jpg

tip seats a little bit deeper so the o-ring is not exposed, makes it a much smoother look

This is Amazing !! But , I expect no less from @phattpiggie .
Speaking of phattpiggie , how is life treating you homie ? From the pics and stories lately , it seems like you are doing well and managing to enjoy yourself . I haven’t commented on your work lately , but you know I’m a huge fan of every piece that makes its way out of the woodshed . Take care of yourself and keep pumping out these beautiful works of art ..

almost there

This is Amazing !! But , I expect no less from @phattpiggie .
Speaking of phattpiggie , how is life treating you homie ? From the pics and stories lately , it seems like you are doing well and managing to enjoy yourself . I haven’t commented on your work lately , but you know I’m a huge fan of every piece that makes its way out of the woodshed . Take care of yourself and keep pumping out these beautiful works of art ..
Hey buddy, good to have you back. Seemed like you were MIA for a little bit, nice to have your positive vibes whenever possible. Been having a wonderful year so far and I have this community to thank for a lot of that. I have to pick up a portside at some point and join this IH party that you good folks are having without me:p

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@needalift many thanks for the kind words.
Induction is the way forward the silence takes the VC use up a notch.

I trust you are well and busy. Life for me is good, very good indeed.
There are always a few niggles going on outside of the forum world but otherwise it couldn't get any better.

I wasn't feeling the squat quails egg stem so did another sleeker MP, flattened at the end akin to the cigarette holders I've spent hours gorming off at.
ntkvdrT.jpg

Also did this XL size Myrtle Burl, Blackwood and brass stem, it just needs to settle before a final sand.
gc5aCKA.jpg

szai

@needalift many thanks for the kind words.
Induction is the way forward the silence takes the VC use up a notch.

I trust you are well and busy. Life for me is good, very good indeed.
There are always a few niggles going on outside of the forum world but otherwise it couldn't get any better.

I wasn't feeling the squat quails egg stem so did another sleeker MP, flattened at the end akin to the cigarette holders I've spent hours gorming off at.
ntkvdrT.jpg

Also did this XL size Myrtle Burl, Blackwood and brass stem, it just needs to settle before a final sand.
gc5aCKA.jpg

I much prefer the long egg vs! Is it for sale? So eccentric!

needalift

@phattpiggie , I am doing great . Back to work and it’s going well , and home life is treating me good . What else can you ask for . That egg piece is amazing !!!
@szai , I hope it is for sale . A piece like that would definitely add something to your collection that no one else has . Definitely eccentric , but the great kind of eccentricity . Good luck !!!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@szai as much as I'd like to say yes, I can't.

When I thread the condensers they go out of shape and I can't have got it dead straight so it put a small split in the MP end as I screwed it together.

It's well back from where anyone would put their lips but to make sure it didn't get any worse I had to back fill the crack with CA glue.
Even tho the nail varnish has hardened up the shell nicely they were only ever turned for shits and giggles or a display piece but I'm really chuffed with how the longer one has turned out and as long as they are treated as a delicate object I'll happily sell them.
It's a good job I like scrambled egg.

@Aezhenn My mind has been, and still is doing 100 miles an hour looking at ways to incorporate things into stems.
There is a lady I've seen on IG who does some incredibly delicate piercing of eggs once I saw them I knew I had to get some small ones to try this idea out with.

A big thank you to everyone who is enjoying seeing where my mind has been leading me.
I have another bird themed stem still to come once I've figured out how to pull it off.

szai

I just had an interesting half hour. I first stalked my mail carrier.

When I found her I had a very interesting conversation. She said she'd been waiting for me. I responded kind of petulantly "it's not everyday". She said no but today you had to sign. Because we have a long driveway and mostly miss giving the signature she wastes time on signature required deliveries. However since I had a specially @phattpiggie designed package coming it was good all around!

I immediately unpacked which was a fun experience I'll leave a surprise.

I then tried out a worlds first bowl with extra heat fins? I dunno but that blue cookies tasted Divine!

nG45f6c.jpg

Full bowl blue cookies. High heat and done in three hits! Torch Blazer pb207

Last edited:

needalift

I just had an interesting half hour. I first stalked my mail carrier.

When I found her I had a very interesting conversation. She said she'd been waiting for me. I responded kind of petulantly "it's not everyday". She said no but today you had to sign. Because we have a long driveway and mostly miss giving the signature she wanted time on signature required deliveries. However since I had a specially @phattpiggie designed package coming it was good all around!

I immediately unpacked which was a fun experience I'll leave a surprise.

I then tried out a worlds first bowl with extra heat fins? I dunno but that blue cookies tasted Divine!

nG45f6c.jpg

Full bowl blue cookies. High heat and done in three hits! Torch Blazer pb207

That is a beauty !! I like the metal on the hot end . @phattpiggie always come through with great pieces . I own 2 of his works of art , and could probably spend myself out of house , home , and my marriage if I bought every one that I wanted :D .

szai

That is a beauty !! I like the metal on the hot end . @phattpiggie always come through with great pieces . I own 2 of his works of art , and could probably spend myself out of house , home , and my marriage if I bought every one that I wanted :D .

This was my first order from him. Probably not the last. I love it ma! It hits like a champ!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Spent a bit of time making square blanks round in prep for a couple of open twists amongst other things.
SntyiLz.jpg

Glass is all over the place dimensionally so each piece is having to get be ground individually and fitted to the SS coupler.
YZAs0Bm.jpg

@stardustsailor I use my collet chuck for just about every process involved in some of my stems.
Holding the larger coupler while I thread it
t66ZzsD.jpg

Working the glass tubes
DktJlAE.jpg

Holding the Bocote so I can put the female thread in it
pvM5NsC.jpg

Bocote never ceases to amaze me

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Yes,brother .
Saw it with my own eyes .Very high centricity .
Btw ,A-W-E-S-O-M-E workmanship .:tup:

( tape with a collet ? Collets leave "scars" on the workpieces ?
I thought only drill and lathe chuck jaws had that issue ...:\ )

Your avatar's tag should change into : " Accessory Master ".
:clap:

Cheers.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Had another piece of Ti arrive this afternoon, a 14mm nail this time.
There is a piece of Blackwood in the joint end which has a thread for a full length SS condenser, the Blackwood in between my hot end and the cut down nail make the join look a bit better.
Only so much you can do with a wood lathe and a file.
LBULrcP.jpg

y2XzXCB.jpg

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@little maggie I'm not sure if I'll be doing many more wooden 18mm pieces until I get a bit more feedback one the one's I am working on in this current list.

@MAbud glad they arrived safe and sound, you're welcome.

Not been doing anything much vape related due to school holidays, getting the garden ready for summer, car repairs and this Skelly enclosure which has taxed my brains and tooling a little, still under wraps as it's a surprise. Once it's landed I'll get some pictures etc posted.

Played with this idea again over the last few days, I'm still not 100% happy with the way it goes together but it's nearly there.
As I have some decent size bits of Bocote I'll be working out a couple of stand designs. This one was put together for this picture.
nOanK7W.jpg

Apologies to everyone who is waiting on me I have had a lot of stuff outside of the vape world to deal with.

Mr. Me2

@little maggie I'm not sure if I'll be doing many more wooden 18mm pieces until I get a bit more feedback one the one's I am working on in this current list.

@MAbud glad they arrived safe and sound, you're welcome.

Not been doing anything much vape related due to school holidays, getting the garden ready for summer, car repairs and this Skelly enclosure which has taxed my brains and tooling a little, still under wraps as it's a surprise. Once it's landed I'll get some pictures etc posted.

Played with this idea again over the last few days, I'm still not 100% happy with the way it goes together but it's nearly there.
As I have some decent size bits of Bocote I'll be working out a couple of stand designs. This one was put together for this picture.
nOanK7W.jpg

Apologies to everyone who is waiting on me I have had a lot of stuff outside of the vape world to deal with.
Hope all is well with you and yours.

Happy to the Skelly tease, no matter how brief.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Mr. Me2 life always has a way of keeping you busy in one way or another.
My better half is changed her job after a lifetime of working at the same place so there is plenty to keep us occupied before she makes the move.

Can't wait to get some proper pictures of the enclosure up, it's taught me that I have a very real need for some more tooling and extra space to keep it all set up in.

Forgot to mention I'll be looking into illuminated glass stands, it's a shame that you only get the full effect when you watch it rather than use it. Great fun non the less.

Top Bottom