Phattpiggies Wood Shed

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
These glass pieces are turning out nice, a lot of variation in the size is a pain but the end result is always nice.
LFcNQgn.jpg

Mom of the Goons Skelly enclosure has taxed my skills, tooling and mind.
Made me doubt I could do all this a few times when things went wrong, made me appreciate the space and tooling I have but also brought home the fact that I need more of everything.

It's Bocote with a Blackwood band, the Skelly gets dropped in thru the base.
TXwKaG1.jpg

I used charcoal dust in the glue so the poor mitres didn't stand out as much, luckily the Bocote will darken as it ages and they will all blend in nicely.
CtIJWq0.jpg

I can breathe a bit easier now it's sat at Mom's house and get my mind back on stems.
Have a great weekend.

dewbbee

If I just wanted an induction heater for home use and would prefer a plug-in what would you guys recommend?

Can you use a plug with the portside mini?

Thanks

Summer

Long Island, NY
If I just wanted an induction heater for home use and would prefer a plug-in what would you guys recommend?

Can you use a plug with the portside mini?

Thanks

Wrong thread. This is the right thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapcap-induction-heater-for-desktop-and-in-car-use.23211/

At the bottom of one of Pipe's posts is his banner. Click on it & it will give you the links you need. All your questions can be answered by reading through the thread. The only heads up I'll give you is that the Jarhead is a plug in & the Skeletor & PS Mini are rechargeable battery operated.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Been a nice change seeing plenty of blue sky here over the last few days.

Got a very busy blue acrylic blank and was so close to getting two bits finished and the centre piece in the stem moved round the condenser and I had a little swear.
RjGIrn4.jpg

FDuOts6.jpg

14mm looks great
3oiSWcf.jpg

Luckily I can rework stems so a new BW MP is on and ready to get it's final shape.
ffgmajf.jpg

Also had a little play at a stubby vong, unfortunately the Walnut cracked on me but it's all good practice.
VpVui7F.jpg

almost there

Been a nice change seeing plenty of blue sky here over the last few days.

Got a very busy blue acrylic blank and was so close to getting two bits finished and the centre piece in the stem moved round the condenser and I had a little swear.
RjGIrn4.jpg

FDuOts6.jpg

14mm looks great
3oiSWcf.jpg

Luckily I can rework stems so a new BW MP is on and ready to get it's final shape.
ffgmajf.jpg

Also had a little play at a stubby vong, unfortunately the Walnut cracked on me but it's all good practice.
VpVui7F.jpg
what a beautiful summer color PP, some lucky person will look so dashing using that on their cruiser:tup:. At first I thought you made that vong out of the mid section from a vapman, looks just like it no?

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I seem to spend my life apologising and playing catch up these days.

I'm not going to lie this last round of orders and the other vape related stuff I have going on is taxing me mentally and causing me bit of angst.
There is a lot going on in my life outside of the vaping community which is bogging me down.

Really sorry this is all going a lot slower than I had hoped and I am behind on everything.
Hoping to get caught up over the next few weeks.

Thank you to everyone who is hanging in there and I really appreciate your patience.

I haven't forgotten any of you and will be in touch as and when you time comes around, no worries if you've changed you mind and can't wait or have lost interest.

As it's Monday and I have nothing new I can show you here's a look at the open twists I've been working thru.
I've done 2 different styles and tried a different colour glass in one of them. The glass is the hardest part to get right and because of this there will be a very limited number of these stems getting done.
XmDjppK.jpg

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Hang in there bro, it sounds like there is a bit too much going on at the same time. Prioritize and try to focus on the important stuff first and let everything outside of your control go. But I'm in no real position to tell you what to do off course, I just hope you'll be feeling better and happier again as soon as possible.

Now, sweet mother of beautiful things those are really beautiful things, those open twists with glass are so fucking gorgeous wow...Man those are going to a some very lucky people.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
I've shown the designs to my wife but we can't decide between to the three, man they are both really cool. I like the font style three way but the two way with that groove is also very sexy.

Between that three tho I'd say the third one with the green glass is a piece that could've been found in any fantasy novel as a metallurgy item or artificing piece or something. I'm really digging it.

Last edited:

Squiby

The middle one in the pics above with the cobalt glass is mine. It is wonderful and the glass air path takes it all up a notch. Its beauty is only surpassed by its functionality. A true work of art. I highly recommend this model.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Some pictures of the lidded stem builds, this time with a Ti insert.
Toothpick case gets stripped down for the coupling, this is another piece I intend getting CNC'd in the future.
FlPhBQmm.jpg
kcBCc3Fm.jpg

There is a small BW sleeve sits in the piece on the right hand side, this ensures the Ti sits central.
6tPsdvtm.jpg
SWs8Z9Om.jpg

All the bits together
yzZhedI.jpg

To get the best out of the Flame Box Elder blank I flipped the stem end so the nice bit of figure was more prominent, it would have ended up too slim and lost if I'd left it at the MP end. The red markings carried across the top of the lid nicely.
np8Bb3O.jpg

The icing on the cake has to be the BW MP, I never saw it until it was sanded and finished.
P2fFmen.jpg

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
Some pictures of the lidded stem builds, this time with a Ti insert.
Toothpick case gets stripped down for the coupling, this is another piece I intend getting CNC'd in the future.
FlPhBQmm.jpg
kcBCc3Fm.jpg

There is a small BW sleeve sits in the piece on the right hand side, this ensures the Ti sits central.
6tPsdvtm.jpg
SWs8Z9Om.jpg

All the bits together
yzZhedI.jpg

To get the best out of the Flame Box Elder blank I flipped the stem end so the nice bit of figure was more prominent, it would have ended up too slim and lost if I'd left it at the MP end. The red markings carried across the top of the lid nicely.
np8Bb3O.jpg

The icing on the cake has to be the BW MP, I never saw it until it was sanded and finished.
P2fFmen.jpg
Wow! I'm looking forward to this one.. :) I cant believe how you manage to get the best out of the blanks every time. There's a real skill in that I bet.. Or a lot of wastage ;)

I've been giving most of my days to this beauty

UAgnyez.jpg

Such an elegant and refined piece of work, with mad attention to detail. And that profile..:o Excuse the hyperbole, but this thing is almost like a love letter to the vapcap.

So no rush yeah

Last edited:

RuggedWombat

Opposite of Down Under
Is there a website that lists options or a gallery of all the choices? Im looking for a stem for my Vapcap that uses the XLS condenser. I'm looking for an iso friendly stem that won't soak in the smells of smoke either in case of combistion. My wooden one has just never recovered which has torn my relationship with the all wood now.

Top Bottom