Phattpiggies Wood Shed

Ruta

KS46vN8.jpg
B9aiSkF.jpg

I have been testing this little beauty out for the last few weeks, it works well, feels good in both the wood and the design, i'm thinking 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' style when i'm using it :) The only downside is the one i made has been shelved for now, i do think this new one out performs my old one, in the way that @phattpiggie has got the carb hole bang on for my liking, hurrah for being a @phattpiggie guinea pig :)
KS46vN8
KS46vN8
B9aiSkF

Last edited:

little maggie

Mine came today and it is beautiful. Even smells good. I tried to take a picture of it and some recent HI stems but my hands shake too much so they are just blurry. You can have fantasies about it and it probably won't come close..
Waiting for pp to make milaana stams.

My brain is just getting impossible. I had my first panic attack in decades because I had to do data entry on the computer. It was simple and yet took me 30 minutes to just understand what to do.

Someone please post a picture of how it connects to the dv.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Thank you for the kind words @momofthegoons, given the mouth watering foto's of food, concentrates and greenery you post if you ever place an order it may have to be hand delivered.

HYLudFVm.jpg
wX9NY7Qm.jpg

@little maggie it should look like this when the tip is inserted, don't forget a bit of lubrication on the o rings. If you have an older 5 fin tip the digger sits on the brass, I bent mine out slightly so it pulls off with a magnet easier.
The o ring in the second picture needs to be in place otherwise the brass parts can bite together.

@Ruta the teak is dead, long live the teak, bring on the blackwood. Glad it's working out well and thanks for the real time feedback.
'Breakfast at Tiffanys' style
That explains why you turned up in a 'little black dress' the other nite.

@herbalist33 seems happy with the yew Omni body and really didn't seem keen to return it for a bit of work to allow it to fit the Dynastash, to the point that the sand paper he has will be used on the stash rather than send it back to me. Glad it's holding out herbalist and again your feedback is a great help.

@vapen00b yes Ruta's one is blackwood and they are £35 plus shipping. The price of the blank reflects the final price, cheaper wood means a cheaper stem, and likewise a more expensive blank means a bit more money.
As an example, @StormyPinkness asked for some black and white ebony so I did a couple with the brass and then threw the cat among the pigeons with a square one. The blank was more expensive so it comes in at £37.

I posted a video in the Homegrown Log thread about a new idea for logs. It's being put thru it's paces at the moment and looks promising but as always it needs some more testing and will more than likely need a bit of work to ensure it will cope with all vaping situations.
Half VC loads have been working perfectly with no need to stir and a second 'just to make sure' hit is done but usually not needed.
Myself and Ruta really went to town on Monday nite and ran bowl after bowl to 'prove the point'.
More than satisfactory performance for the way we were using it.
Also finished the stem I was making for it. Just got to hone the technique for fitting the SS ferrule. I may continue the twist on the ferrule. This one is a 6 twist the previous ones have 4.
0Ff83q8.jpg

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Love that ebony man very nice, I nearly ordered some with my wood order the other day, I got some chacate preto instead....
Been using the stem you sent me quite a bit the last few days reminds me of holding a spliff...

Take it easy man

little maggie

I know that most of you had no trouble using the new stems. I am very unhandy and didn't get it. Thanks to PP's patience, I'm now using his stem.
I have 5 others from dynavap but this is by far my favorite. Not only is it beautiful but it is very mild because of the length.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@phattpiggie made me this tube to contain my vapcap when paired with his longer stem. Which I much prefer....

6aJnZxmh.jpg

It's made from timber taken from a millhouse that is mentioned In the doomsday book. This dates it more than 1000 years old...

The worms have been busy over the many years...

I am going to carbon date a piece to be accurate...

Anyway thanks again phattpiggie, a well polished turd, you did well with tricky material..
I will be more selective on my next piece...

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@lookhigh many thanks glad you're enjoying seeing where the VC has taken me so far and how it's spurred me on to attempt other stuff.

@RastaVapa and @kellya86 it's definitely the familiarity that drew me to the shape.

@little maggie my pleasure and I am so glad you're enjoying the stem.

Kellya86 it was a very nice to see something come out of what looked nothing, the worm holes give it an 'honest' look and thank you for sending me the piece out to try in the first place.
Scottish yew lid with a black palm plug.
JiThCd4m.jpg
q4B01K8m.jpg

Here are a couple of Omni sleeves that didn't make it. All good practice. The left one is a piece of two tone anonymous waste wood, rite one is Scottish yew both split while making up the tooling to hold them.
The middle one is a piece of Thuya which split along a grain line and threw a tiny piece of burr at me at the last minute.
PSEg7dP.jpg

Squiby

PSEg7dP.jpg

These bodies are beautiful! I love the two toned Barley Twist on the far left. I can't wait to have a Barely Twist of my own. Stunning work PP! Looking forward to watching you evolve and your signature pieces like the Barley Twist.

Z1q16n5.jpeg

That Scottish Yew is really fantastic. I've ordered one just like it!!!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@StormyPinkness it wouldn't be so bad if the P.O. tracking actually showed it's whereabouts. On it's way to L.A. for ever now.

@Copacetic asked in the VC thread why the omni sleeves I had done didn't make it.
As I make something I then need to make some form of tooling so that it's an easy set up rather than start at it and see what happens. I got the first one done using wood to chuck it but little wooden spigots never go back in the chuck or revolving center the same way twice so they constantly need re-cutting so they run true.
The left hand chuck is a collet chuck, with a spigot I made in place, I can use it over and over without any issues. The revolving center, rhs, has another spigot I made and it's pretty good now.

These bits of steel have been filed into shape, lathe spinning, to get them the size I need, I didn't undercut the shoulders which lead to the yew and two tone splitting. A tiny taper or radius on the steel is enough to split a piece of wood at these thickness's. A metal lathe is next on my list of stuff to get.
ngpTcdi.jpg

The thuya is a burrwood and as such I turn it with crossed fingers and toes. It split along the grain. One of those things.
V8zXkFi.jpg

And whilst we're on those lines, I've had a bit of time to try something else out which also didn't make it, this time down to my not thinking it thru properly. I will do a couple more of these before I get it right but that's all part of learning new stuff.

HD Springer

@StormyPinkness it wouldn't be so bad if the P.O. tracking actually showed it's whereabouts. On it's way to L.A. for ever now.

@Copacetic asked in the VC thread why the omni sleeves I had done didn't make it.
As I make something I then need to make some form of tooling so that it's an easy set up rather than start at it and see what happens. I got the first one done using wood to chuck it but little wooden spigots never go back in the chuck or revolving center the same way twice so they constantly need re-cutting so they run true.
The left hand chuck is a collet chuck, with a spigot I made in place, I can use it over and over without any issues. The revolving center, rhs, has another spigot I made and it's pretty good now.

These bits of steel have been filed into shape, lathe spinning, to get them the size I need, I didn't undercut the shoulders which lead to the yew and two tone splitting. A tiny taper or radius on the steel is enough to split a piece of wood at these thickness's. A metal lathe is next on my list of stuff to get.
ngpTcdi.jpg

The thuya is a burrwood and as such I turn it with crossed fingers and toes. It split along the grain. One of those things.
V8zXkFi.jpg

And whilst we're on those lines, I've had a bit of time to try something else out which also didn't make it, this time down to my not thinking it thru properly. I will do a couple more of these before I get it right but that's all part of learning new stuff.

Damn that's on point phatts. I read the words open twist a couple of times not knowing what the true meaning was. Then I watched the video and WOW!!
That's sweet as hell.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
It took 2 days to get from the uk, to los angeles in the us, to a city 30 minutes from me which seems crazy fast to me. The next day it came to my city and it's now been 3 days since it got here. I wish I could just go flippin' get it. It's not like the shipping is slow, I was expecting around 10 days, it's just knowing it's sitting somewhere I drive by on my way to and from work for 3 days sucks. Unfortunately the tracking page on usps.com still has an "updated" delivery date of yesterday and the status doesn't say out for delivery. I think someone at my local post office is digging my vapcap stem.

herbalist33

ngpTcdi.jpg

V8zXkFi.jpg

Oh sweet lord, now why'd you have to go and do that... uh huh? @Phatpiggie I am always stunned by the pieces you put out! That open twist is spectacular- I would never have even thought of that sort of design! I love it!! Your twists are becoming legendary, they will end up being your trademark I reckon: The Piggie Twists!:tup::rockon:

Great to see all this beautiful stuff, keep up the great work bro! @Squiby you are going to absolutely love your twist, I can guarantee it! I'm exactly like you now, my VAS has disappeared and now all I have is VAAS (Vapcap Accessories Aquisition Syndrome), I have no need or want for any more vapes, it's just bits and pieces for my Vapcaps that interests me now :brow:.

Peace

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
It finally came, it's so damn pretty. So damn pretty.
IMG_20161013_085314.jpg

IMG_20161013_085145.jpg
IMG_20161013_085139.jpg
IMG_20161013_085126.jpg

Pics from my 4 year old camera phone with a faulty light sensor don't do it justice. I came in wanting a longer round stem with a line-y grain to it but ended up falling in love with this instead. @phattpiggie did an amazing job on this, thank you sir.

Squiby

IMG_20161013_085314.jpg

IMG_20161013_085145.jpg
IMG_20161013_085139.jpg
IMG_20161013_085126.jpg

Pics from my 4 year old camera phone with a faulty light sensor don't do it justice. I came in wanting a longer round stem with a line-y grain to it but ended up falling in love with this instead. @phattpiggie did an amazing job on this, thank you sir.

She's a beauty!!! Plus you will never have to worry about her rolling off the table.

I'm getting one just like it, only different...

Am I using the correct gender? Vapcap stems are female, right?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
IMG_20161013_085314.jpg

IMG_20161013_085145.jpg
IMG_20161013_085139.jpg
IMG_20161013_085126.jpg

This (and the all black one too), are real beauties :drool:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Copacetic and @HD Springer many thanks. I'm trying out anything and everything and I get a bit 'I've got to do it now' and I should have taken a step back and thought it thru a bit better, but where would the fun be in that.:lol:
Now I've attempted that Walnut one and seen where it needs to go and where I shouldn't have gone I can start to look at it a bit more methodically, I can pick out some woods that will hold up to the abuse and look the part.
I have a couple more of those Thuya Copacetic, it does look good and another 'not round' stem will be getting done in a piece of it. Once I've made up some jigs and more tooling I'm hoping to be able to get some other geometric shapes done. The squares have been done by eye so far.

@herbalist33 how about a 14mm open twist, a TWONG.

@Squiby You know what I love the fact I'm twisted too, wears a bit thin with Mrs.PP every now and again. I either get feigned interest or a lot of WTF's.
Female, I suppose so, explains @Ruta and his little black dress. The item I bought the other day is very definitely a ladies.

@StormyPinkness You're welcome I'm so glad it arrived safe and sound and you like it, the contrast is really nice and the faint detail on the all black side, in the hand some of that detail is lost but when the lite catches it rite it all stands out so well and has a blueyness to it. I got sucked into it a few times when I waxed it. Fotos look great thanks, again it brings it home when I see my work in another persons picture.
I'll do a video showing how to strip it and clean the all wood stems.

I bought something the other day with the intention of turning it into a VC stem. It looked really pretty in the listing and now it's arrived it's even better in the hand, it is hopefully going to work but it is very delicate and I'm not the best person to be around delicate things.
Copacetic a wood version with the same lines and twist would look absolutely rite alongside it but it needs a load of thinking thru.
Fingers crossed I will get time this weekend to at least mock something up and it survives being Piggied.

Ruta

I think i need to come in at this junction and point out that i am not a wearer of little black dresses, though i've definitely got the legs for it. Nothing against it, just don't want everybodys mental picture of me sitting here in a dress, i'm much more of a hotpant man :)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@StormyPinkness must be the fastest repeat customer ever.
Pleasure to do another especially given your new choice of wood.

So far the Shed's been all about wood, I've made some metal pieces up and a couple of OG style VC's but the majority of stuff has been wood, why not?
As Mrs Stormy has found out, sorry for that, wood comes in a huge variety of beautiful shades and visually stunning grain patterns.

I got the science behind the VC's design straight away. It was a principle I had come across in another guise. Unsure of the results of varying the principle was actioned I knew the only way to know for sure was to get stuck in.
A great meet up with @priestsmiler reinforced that as long as I followed the rule, low pressure is good pressure, I could basically make up anything and it should work.
Smilers custom AVRAP, carb, OG style VC I made up was much longer than standard so the glass condenser fell really short in the body, but it worked and works well.

Cutting to the chase as Green Crack appears to make me waffle a lot more than normal.

Phattpiggies not just all about the wood.
I saw this and just had to have it. Must have been the twist. I wish I had made it but I'm bad enough with sharp or grinding type stuff. Gas, glass, hot glass no not me.
It looked like it would work but I wasn't sure. It arrived and the tip didn't fit. Never mind I always said it would be put in a nice glass case and become an ornament.
IvsMQBD.jpg

Not to be beaten I had a little ponder, 0.03g worth of a ponder, and set about making an adapter.
But what about the AVRAP, I use my VC mouth to lung, mouth pumping, I always toked like this.
I can't be doing with a full covered carb, sucking your fillings out and open carb don't work for me.
So I needed the hole.
I made a Black and White Ebony carbed adapter. @Ruta same size as yours. Focus is poor sorry.

Listed as Art Deco but I've struggled to find any others so I can't date it properly, nearly a hundred years old or some Chinese copy, either way it's pretty enough not to want to damage.

Kleenex at the ready.

Top Bottom