Phattpiggies Wood Shed

kellya86

Herb gardener...
These stems from @phattpiggie really do improve the experience for me....

So much nicer to hold and use, than the original stems....in fact, now I'm not sure if I can go back.....

And coming from a fellow woodsman, I can confirm that Phattpiggie is a craftsman, not a butcher....

I look forward to discussing some future options.....

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Nice to speak to you today @kellya86 and I'm pleased you're enjoying the new stem.
I'm looking forward to trying out the oak you can get, my chisel sharpening skills may have to get a lot better, oak hardens off like nothing else as it ages.
It's all well and good turning a 40-50 year old tree that has seasoned for a couple of years but a piece of 40-50 year old oak that has seasoned for hundreds of years. Good job I like a challenge.

@StormyPinkness has some fotos of the blanks of their chosen wood, I'm really going to enjoy this one. Will keep it under wraps until I get some turning down.

@Squiby another 'rolling stem' video PM'd today. I hope you like what you see @little maggie

Here's my lacewood MP from my SS daily VC fitted to a new lacewood body which again I've squared off.
@Ruta gave the blackwood one a good testing this weekend, I'm sure he is more than happy being a Phattguineapiggie.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Nice to speak to you today @kellya86 and I'm pleased you're enjoying the new stem.
I'm looking forward to trying out the oak you can get, my chisel sharpening skills may have to get a lot better, oak hardens off like nothing else as it ages.
It's all well and good turning a 40-50 year old tree that has seasoned for a couple of years but a piece of 40-50 year old oak that has seasoned for hundreds of years. Good job I like a challenge.

@StormyPinkness has some fotos of the blanks of their chosen wood, I'm really going to enjoy this one. Will keep it under wraps until I get some turning down.

@Squiby another 'rolling stem' video PM'd today. I hope you like what you see @little maggie

Here's my lacewood MP from my SS daily VC fitted to a new lacewood body which again I've squared off.
@Ruta gave the blackwood one a good testing this weekend, I'm sure he is more than happy being a Phattguineapiggie.

Picking 2 blanks out of 4 was a surprisingly hard decision. I guess that 4 pieces of the same thing can look so completely different is part of the magic.

Squiby

Picking 2 blanks out of 4 was a surprisingly hard decision.

There are a couple of fool proof ways that I use to make these hard life decisions that I would like to share with you.

The first is the "Eanie Meanie Miney Moe" approach. It can be used on the go, no tools required. :cool:

For real tough decisions my PREFERED method is the Magic 8 Ball. My life path has been guided by this Oracle. :brow:

https://www.amazon.com/Mattel-30188-Magic-8-Ball/dp/B00001ZWV7

I had one of these in my office for decades and you would be surprised just how often it was used and provided direction. Recommended. :rofl:

Last edited:

herbalist33

I am very happy to announce that there's a new PhatGuineaPiggie in town :wave::

n2bGxGe.jpeg

DL3HSsj.jpeg

HxaLHmN.jpeg

I was recently (yesterday) inducted into the PhatGuineaPiggie ranks, and have been itching to show off this beauty that @phattpiggie sent out to me to put through its paces! I had a really hectic day yesterday, so havnt had a great amount of time to play with it, but I had a couple heatcycles before bed last night, and this beautiful Barley Twist sleeve for my omni works exactly like my Blackwood sleeve purchased from Dynavap- except this one feels AMAZING in the hand! I can't stop stroking my wood :razz:.

PhatPiggie also kindly included some of his own wood salve made from hemp oil and beeswax, which I havnt even had a chance to look at yet, but I'm looking forward to rubbing some in!

Honestly, PhatPiggie is the man!! This sleeve is amazingly well crafted, I want to know how he does it (might have to YouTube to satisfy my curiosity). And he is a true gent too, and a real pleasure to deal with. And on top of that, he sent this sleeve gratis because he wants some real world testing to make sure the wall thickness is satisfactory. Thanks a million, brother!

Il be putting in some serious testing with this bad boy in the next few days and letting you all know how I get on!

Peace

kellya86

Herb gardener...
PhatPiggie also kindly included some of his own wood salve made from hemp oil and beeswax, which I havnt even had a chance to look at yet, but I'm looking forward to rubbing some in!

I got some of this too, it's good stuff, and like @phattpiggie says, a little goes a long way...

Your sleeve looks amazing, I love his work....

And like you say, the man is a true gent and a pleasure to deal with....

If you live in UK (or anywhere i think), and a have a vapcap, I highly recommend this man's work....

And I know there is exciting things to come from this woodshed...

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
For me there is something therapeutic about making a 'barley twist'.
I'll put some music on, vape a bowl or two and set to.
Very enjoyable making something that you just can't stop touching.

@herbalist33, enjoy my friend and I'll definitely get back to you when I've done the other stuff we spoke about.

The credit for the hemp oil and beeswax has to go to @RastaVapa, it's a really good wood finish and I had to follow suit and make some up.

Anyone who has some that looks like it's separated just warm it up until it goes clear and it should cool to an opaque color. Low microwave setting or in a hot water bath.

Thanks @kellya86, seeing my work in other peoples fotos really brings home the reality of the path I am making tentative steps on.

@Squiby twirling or not it's so tactile you just can't help yourself.

EDIT. @momofthegoons thank you so much, logging on and seeing your likes has put a big smile on my face.

It all went a bit Harry Pothead today.
D9wxhib.jpg

Last edited:

HD Springer

Maybe we found dear ol phatts calling card. The ol piggy twist. Or should you call it the the @phattpiggie tail or just pig tail for short.
Sorry I'm a bit sleep deprived. I wish I could blame mj for this post but since I just woke up I have yet to even wake n bake.

But anywho great job phatts you are definitely finding your groove(sorry I wish this god awful pun was intended) in the turning world.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Watch out @phattpiggie been a while bro, glad I stopped by, amazing work my man, a true woodsman no doubt! Glad to see all the goings on my man, keep it up and do what you do, love seeing others work as I am sure you know the feeling. Hope all is well for you and yours, still hoping we can do that custard care package.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Thanks @alltoreup when ever your ready.

@HD Springer When I was working out what title to use for the thread I actually said to @Ruta I could call my stems 'pigs tails'. He's a veggie so it didn't sit well and it could put off a whole other set of people.
I think he would have spat his coffee across the shed if I'd gone with pizzle.
Piggie Twist meets the approval of Mrs.PP. but I do like Pigs Tails.
Enjoy your first vape combo of the day.

@Ed's TnT your kind words mean a lot to me thanks. Custard, Flakes and what ever else the FDA will allow thru will be heading your way. Been busy as, but I ain't forgot you.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@phattpiggie - your work looks absolutely top drawer! Stunning. And your stem rolling videos definitely need the music from 'Ferris Buellers Day Off' to accompany them - y'know, 'Oh Yeah' by Yello?

Bow-bow, chick, chicketa-ahhhhhhh!!!! :tup:

Congrats on doing something that clearly means so much to you, and maybe even more to others!

What a beautiful thread.

My money truly ran out when I moved house 10 months ago, and the upcoming wedding isn't looking like it's gonna pay for itself either, BUT, when I do finally get me some pennies of my very own again one day, it's gonna be going on @phattpiggie stems for my VapCaps & such, and HGL's from @RastaVapa!

Future monies already spent!
union_jack_wallpaper_grunge_by_anonymouscreative-d4i6twm.jpg

GO - FC TEAM GB - GO!!!​

Keep up the fucking splendiferous work!

MuchLove!
:peace:

herbalist33

HxaLHmN.jpeg

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that barley twist! Beautiful! When you test it would you comment on how the twist affects the twirling motion when heating the VC?

TMI... :cool:

@Squiby I just knew you'd love this beautiful twist sleeve too! It really is a beauty and so aesthetically pleasing! I'm in between some pretty hectic shifts, and I'm not sure whether my Vapcaps have lowered my tolerance or are just seriously trashing me, but the past couple weeks I've been getting some bad weed hangovers, and that is while I've been lowering my doses. Now a small couple hits of my omni get me pretty lethargic in a not-good-for-work kinda way! And so I still didn't get a good chance to play with my new sleeve last night.

I did however manage to turn the sleeve around ( I had installed it the wrong way, although it totally didn't affect the function, it's just the wall thickness was different for the tip/mouth ends), and what I can tell you is that in the configuration I originally assembled it, the twist was going the 'wrong' way for how I turn the omni while heating it- now that I turned the sleeve around, the twist is in the right direction, and so turning it feels super nice, and the twist acts like a thread, guiding the omni into the palm of your hand (as opposed to guiding it out of my hand as it was doing when I first assembled).

More info/pics to come once I get a chance to write off a fair few hours and have some Me (and my Vapcaps) time!

Peace

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Copacetic many thanks only my third attempt ever.
It's the same Sapele I made the lidded log from and has that same iridescence about it. Like your fantastic sketches it one of those 'real pleasure to do' jobs, vape some green and next thing you know your totally immersed.

@VegNVape I hope you had a thorough survey done you don't want the likes of, the other, me lifting the floorboards.
Thanks for the kind words and future support, I'll still be here as will Rastavapa.
I've got to get some proper videos done, @Ruta's son is a dab hand with such things but the pair of them are veggies and they weren't happy to go with Fhree Little Piggies Productions.

@herbalist33 I suppose I will have to offer left and right hand twists.
Maybe some heat cycles nearer the cap end for a bit of a tasty lift??

@RastaVapa The hard part is not using them once they're finished.

@Aezhenn Yes all my stems have SS condensers, but they fall short by 5-10mm, this gives me the ability to get them down to a small diameter.
The twist is only 7mm at the MP with a 4mm hole. The condenser is 5mm with a taper on the MP end, this sits in a 5mm hole then I use one of the 8mm x rings George sells to make the seal behind the 'carb'.
Just waiting for Ruta to return to normal after his long weekend in a field surrounded by hippies and ravers at a local festival, he's been doing some real time testing for me with the Blackwood Square I did.

I found a bit of spare time and got a couple of videos to @StormyPinkness, hope there are Kleenex in his house. Once he's seen them I'll put them up.

herbalist33

Hi all,

I thought I'd share a few more photos of this awesome barley twist Omnivap sleeve, now installed the 'correct' way. She's a beauty:

7XogS96.jpeg

MzD1019.jpeg

5RgZxPU.jpeg

I've had a few more loads with this beauty, not as many as I'd like, but come Saturday morning I'm off work for 6 days, so will be doing some serious science so watch this space.

The sleeve is just slightly too wide to fit in my Dynastash, so will prob be relegated to 'house vape', for the pure elegance. It makes me want to buy another omni for out and about :doh: . I agree with @StormyPinkness :

Damn it, this is turning into the dynavap thread where I want everything he posts a pic of.

I need to find out if the sleeve fits in the green Vapcap tubes- il let you guys now once I've tried it (I'm in work atm). At the mo there's not much to tell you- it functions just as perfectly as Eds standard wood sleeves, just feels more tactile in your hand, and it looks so damn beautiful... (Don't get wrong, I absolutely love my Eds sleeves too, but a twist just spices things up:rockon:).

Il keep you guys posted!

Peace

Top Bottom