Phattpiggies Wood Shed

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Thanks @StormyPinkness, once I've broken the back of a 'work' contract I am on at the moment I should have a bit of time to myself so I can set to on yours and a couple of other bits and some things that are on my 'to finish' list.
I've managed to finish a few new bits that were in limbo.
I did this just as a 'point prover' and is put together with a SS tube and Blackwood MP from another stem and a new B&W Ebony body. These two woods are really dense and I've put a thread in each piece and thread the ends of the SS so it can be stripped.

amIQNEnm.jpg
6Q4i2hNm.jpg

It's been used with and without the SS. The Ebony body will eventually have a short SS tube and new MP made up for it.
It's this idea which lead to this stem and will be employed in some others I've got planned.

5CrYHVw.jpg

It's Laburnum which carries a warning here http://www.wood-database.com/laburnum/
Which I am not concerned with as it was never going to be a long term DD and I am not one for having reactions with anything. It's a warning non the less and as such I would not be using it again.
In turn this lead to another idea I've had for a while being tried out.

vk12QMFm.jpg
341SNxnm.jpg

HD Springer

I'll echo what other posters have said, I still use my blackwood vong in j-hooks, but otherwise it's all my @phattpiggie stem now. The whole thing just radiates quality.

I couldn't agree more @StormyPinkness. The only thing better then the looks is the performance. My grandma friend just goes on and on about how "pretty" it all looks. And I tell her goddamn it it's not fucking pretty it's cool as fuck.
Grandmas.

Edit: Just seen your post phatts and your always a tinkerer and maker. And I can't wait to see it all. Keep up the great work phatts and I'm going to continue to love using my Phattpiggie made stems. Awesome work my friend.

Last edited:

herbalist33

Howdy guys!

Wow, @phattpiggie you have again outdone yourself, that laburnum stem is fantastic. I'm always pleased when I see one of your new pieces- they are always a little special and original, always shapes I've never thought of. I love it! And did I spot @Squiby has received her stems? One looks like the same shape as the laburnum... beautiful stuff!

And I'm guessing the other photo of the glass is a way of attaching a glass bowl instead of the ti tip- there's a lot of people who would like this option I think, as it seems some people prefer the performance of the glass over the titanium.

Also you mentioned me last week in here, regarding a 14mm open twist... sorry it took me so long to reply (I've been really busy the past few weeks), but HELL YEAH that is a beautiful idea!! Your open twists look stunning!!!

Anyway, until I next have time to stop by, peace and keep up the good wood!

I love this woodshed

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@herbalist33 the Laburnum doesn't have any condenser so won't appeal to everyone as cleaning gets a bit of a pain, but I shall be doing some more. The glass I ordered arrived so it'll be getting cut for some other ideas I have and the glass bowls will be getting refined a bit more. Open twist vong will also be on the list of to do's.
@little maggie The teak does smell nice, again it may not meet everyone's approval. I may get a website up but not as of yet everything I've done gets posted here or the VC thread. I'll PM you some fotos of the stuff that's ready now.

I've been looking at Jade cigarette holders and have also found these Agate one's. A teak adapter and it works well, nice feel to it.

The worlds shortest and healthiest VC stems

The worlds mentalist VC

As I said in the VC thread this went thru a good few dry runs and as it was all good it then had to be filled up, 3 different varieties.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@RastaVapa the Trapcap.
I will try and get some more footage of it in action. It would work out a bit expensive to put together with 3 of everything but it's still probably cheaper than some other stuff out there.
This morning before I even read your post my mind was running a wong, Trvong scenario.
That's quite a few times now we've had very similar thoughts.

The Agate is really nice to use and handle.
I felt like a traveling salesman when I took some bits over to @priestsmiler's, it's going to be the same when I pay you a visit.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I've got to make it work yet, so far I've not had any problems making anything else work, as you've seen, so shouldn't be a problem with this one but I never use water so it's going to be fun getting the carb set after I've made a new bong.

mmm Kaitlyn Leeb fine looking woman, I couldn't see her being as tolerant of myself as Mrs.PP is.

I've got to go away again next week so may not get to try it until I get back which is going to kill me.
I've been busy trying to get 3 of these done today but ran out of time and my weekend is too hectic to get them finished and tested.
HgqwqXZm.jpg

I'm trying a new idea out and with out the correct tooling it takes a bit longer than it should.
I've replaced the wood adapter with SS tube and have to file it whilst it's spinning in the lathe.
I can do the glass work no problem at all.
Typical that I left engineering years ago and now find myself going back to it.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Been hard at it doing some stuff that I really wish I hadn't said I'd do, so as a reward to myself I took some time off from the mundane to do some things I would rather be doing.

Had a request for a sleeve for a piece of glass for an Inhalator and it had to fit a VC stash tube. Panga panga, the current screen will be replaced before it gets sent out. Replaced with a CCD.
@Baron23 This is part of the 14mm OG wong idea, I'll order a couple of OG bodies and work the sleeves round them.

Blackwood Telescoping VC with a Twist, the idea works it just needs a couple more things trying out to finalize it.
Ze3N6CW.jpg

iXhbrcv.jpg

What ever happens the shape of it closed up will be done again, I'll blend the twist into the final MP shape.

Had a delivery of some extra long skinny drill bits which led me to making a new stem for myself.
This one is Steamed Pear and has no condenser, a 3mm hole the full length which had gone well off center when it came out the other end.

Got some orders nearly completed and once the folk concerned have seen their stuff I'll post some fotos and video.

And more stuff in the pipeline that's coming together, slowly, but it's all steps in the right direction.

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Like them man ,that extending vc is very nice ,so there are still inhalators out there being used i have a broke one here never got to use it to try yet...

I need to order some more drill bits snapped a load latley lol

Does the extending vc stem lock sort off into place or is that what your still tweaking??

Top Bottom