Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Paces

How is ploom with warranty issues? That's my question! Any good or bad experiences?

Fantastic. I have owned 2 Pax for about 16 months now. Each one has had to go back because it would not heat up. Each time they paid shipping both ways, and replaced my Pax with a brand new one. Both times it was only a week between e-mailing them and having a new one in hand (I live in NH, they are in CA).

2 Paces,

Wizsteve

How is ploom with warranty issues? That's my question! Any good or bad experiences?

warranty covers defects or break downs so if stops working they will fix or replace.

however they don't cover if you break it .so far i have only heard of one where the person broke his pax
when trying to remove a stuck screen.(this person used force to remove the screen) they could only offer him 50 off his next purchase, he wasn't happy to say the least.(he only had it for two months before he broke it)than informed him he did it on purpose .

so just don't do what this guy did you be fine

Wizsteve,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
warranty covers defects or break downs so if stops working they will fix or replace.

however they don't cover if you break it .so far i have only heard of one where the person broke his pax
when trying to remove a stuck screen.(this person used force to remove the screen) they could only offer him 50 off his next purchase, he wasn't happy to say the least.(he only had it for two months before he broke it)than informed him he did it on purpose .

I take care of my stuff so i think ill be okay there.. I was just worried cuz my da vinci blew up and i dont wanna spend 250 and waste it.

How much is one oven? .5? Can you pack it half full or quarter full?

KidFated.,

Doctor.Who

…wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
OK so here's a little easter egg that some might know... hold the Pax with the mouth piece on the left side... with both hand twist the pax toward you a few times, the pax will start flickering all different colors really fast, now do it a few more times, the pax will start to flicker slower with different colors, now do it again a few times now every time you bump it it flicks color.. hours of stoner fun right there, let me tell you!!!!

Doctor.Who,

SirDarkened

I personally will fill it 1/2 of the way and put a screen in and push down hard.

Vape til nothing comes out. By the time I am on "high" I am on the up and up.

Finish on high by pressing screen down again before each hit to compact the herb in the bowl. I feel like I have a hard time getting the most compact bowl packed. I push down but the screen at the bottom tends to pop up and shoot herb everywhere most of the time.

Winds up pissing me off. My unit is defective though. It shuts off randomly and stuff but I haven't been able to talk to the cool vape world representative about sending it back. I want to make sure I get a new or refurbished one because they might test it and see no issues as 70-80% of the time its working just fine but the connection between the mouthpiece and the unit is fucked...

Overall it gets me to where I need to be but it doesn't last long enough for what I want. (Due to tolerance I fucked myself tolerance wise and instead of taking a break I keep going)

SirDarkened,
Reactions: KidFated.

PAXPOW

Hello all.. Pax Enlightened since last week and loving it. I still occasionally burn a joint at night but the PAX rules. No issues so far, beside not finding the lubricant in the cleaning package, but Melissa from Ploom is sending a couple my way. Really good info here! I will try the double screen mod for smaller loads.

PAXPOW,

Wizsteve

I take care of my stuff so i think ill be okay there.. I was just worried cuz my da vinci blew up and i dont wanna spend 250 and waste it.

How much is one oven? .5? Can you pack it half full or quarter full?

that really depends on the herb ,and yes you can use less. In one of my paxes i have a steel pad in it takes up about 1/3-1/2 the space no screen just the pad.
Few drops of honey oil,wax etc on the pad than fill space with herb. or second pad.

(for best results heat unit up a bit not much so the wax or oil can melt into the first pad)

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

fogbank

It'll always come down to personal preference. I had both and sold my Solo. They offer two different experiences. I did not prefer the Solo to the Pax.

Very true. This also made me think of one more advantage that the Pax has over the Solo (IMO). Learning curve. With the Pax I was able to get dense vapor hits right away. With the Solo I had to work on technique a little more. As much as I prefer the Solo I still really like my Pax!

OK so here's a little easter egg that some might know... hold the Pax with the mouth piece on the left side... with both hand twist the pax toward you a few times, the pax will start flickering all different colors really fast, now do it a few more times, the pax will start to flicker slower with different colors, now do it again a few times now every time you bump it it flicks color.. hours of stoner fun right there, let me tell you!!!!

I believe it was mentioned in previous posts that some of these "hidden party modes" are only available on newer Paxs. Older Paxs only have the one.

fogbank,
Reactions: Teedub

zagreb

Hi -

I have a PAX and it has just stopped working. When I turn it on the LED comes on then flashes 5 times and then just switches off. I have cleaned and cleaned it but it makes no difference. I have spent hours trying and re-trying but I just get the same issue.

I have uploaded a youtube video showing what is happening.

Any advice?

Thanks

Last edited:
zagreb,

ProRollers

Hi -

I have a PAX and it has just stopped working. When I turn it on the LED comes on then flashes 5 times and then just switches off. I have cleaned and cleaned it but it makes no difference. I have spent hours trying and re-trying but I just get the same issue.

I have uploaded a youtube video showing what is happening.

Any advice?

Thanks
Mine has done that before. I put it on the charger for a minute and it fires right up...battery isn't dead but must reset a circuit inside

ProRollers,

zagreb

Mine has done that before. I put it on the charger for a minute and it fires right up...battery isn't dead but must reset a circuit inside

Thanks for the reply - charging doesn't help either… sadly

incidentally, the PAX will not charge AT ALL unless mouthpiece is removed. has been like that since I first got it… Maybe this is part of the problem

zagreb,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks for the reply - charging doesn't help either… sadly

incidentally, the PAX will not charge AT ALL unless mouthpiece is removed. has been like that since I first got it… Maybe this is part of the problem

Oops. That's one of the signs of a bootleg Pax. There's a list of the differences somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. Where did you get it?

pakalolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
Hello all.. Pax Enlightened since last week and loving it. I still occasionally burn a joint at night but the PAX rules.

This is very much still what I do, but I can't do papers. I just use matches and some glassware to fill my needs.

ILoveCollege,

PAXPOW

This is very much still what I do, but I can't do papers. I just use matches and some glassware to fill my needs.

Originally from Rome... long history of spliffs...lol I know here in US are frowned upon... but back there was "the" way to smoke hash. But the PAX flavor is just something else.

PAXPOW,

zagreb

The texture of the metal and the problem you report are exactly what he points out in this video.

well - my PAX has EVERY SINGLE sign of a fake that is explained in that link… from the box to the lack of mouthpiece lubricant to the quality of the finish on the unit.. you name it and EVERY SINGLE sign of a fake is present on the unit I bought on ebay in England….

No wonder it is already broken - its only 3 weeks old!

will have to return it…. Thanks very much for pointing this out

Oops. That's one of the signs of a bootleg Pax. There's a list of the differences somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. Where did you get it?
yes - turns out is is a fake - as pointed out by Paxpow's link to youtube. Thanks for response

Last edited by a moderator:
zagreb,

PAXPOW

yes - turns out is is a fake - as pointed out by Paxpow's link to youtube. Thanks for response

Ouch... Sad to hear that dude... I got mine at my local tobacco shop. Freaked out when I didn't find the lube, but other than that the unit works perfectly. And Ploom is sending some to me. Hope you find a original PAX soon !

PAXPOW,

jeff

I am sorry but really? People actually think PAX should pay? My slide froze up and I hit it with a hammer.

jeff,

Shadowdjinni

well - my PAX has EVERY SINGLE sign of a fake that is explained in that link… from the box to the lack of mouthpiece lubricant to the quality of the finish on the unit.. you name it and EVERY SINGLE sign of a fake is present on the unit I bought on ebay in England….

No wonder it is already broken - its only 3 weeks old!

will have to return it…. Thanks very much for pointing this out

Good luck trying to return it.

Shadowdjinni,

SirDarkened

What does it mean when your pax blinks blue a bunch of times during use?

I turned it off and on and it turned purple and worked fine after....

Maybe I should send it back earlier...

SirDarkened,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom