Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizsteve

Both devices need to be slow drawed though correct?

its all about the airflow, the pax you don't need to slowly sip it. but if you did it would produce far more vapor than the ascent.

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Both devices need to be slow drawed though correct?
The Ascent needs to be slowly sipped in my opinion. The Pax has a built in restricted draw so you can't really huff on it. If you try to, you get wispy vapor.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: S1N3

armin

Thanks all. Pretty sure I'm gonna ditch the pax vs ascent dilemma and get a pax. Would everyone agreed with the pax is tons better than the magic flight? I hate mine

armin,

rebelxd

You guys think it would be a waste to get the PAX, when you already have the solo?I wont be taking either out of the house, but the look and design of the pax are appealing to me

rebelxd,

Wizsteve

You guys think it would be a waste to get the PAX, when you already have the solo?I wont be taking either out of the house, but the look and design of the pax are appealing to me

from room to room its a great vape you can pretty much fall asleep with it without worry lol.so you find yourself taking it everywhere in the house

Wizsteve,
Reactions: Teedub

rebelxd

Now that im getting older, I'm too paranoid to smoke outside the house. Even though I have a medical MJ recommendation letter, I feel the risk of any interaction with the law just not worth it.

But I'm a sucker for pretty things, which the pax is. My only worry is that a single chamber won't effect me enough. I've already ordered a solo, but I might pull the trigger on the pax as well.

rebelxd,

Deadshort480

If you are getting a Solo and don't need a stealthy vaporizer then the Pax isn't what you should be looking for. I'd recommend a desktop plug-in unit. Get yourself a heavy hitter like something from 7th Floor, a log vape, a Sublimator, or a Cloud EVO.

The Pax is cool, but it's just not worth it if you already have a Solo and don't vape on the go.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: 2 Paces

jeff

I was sad I didn't pull the trigger on the PNWT when they had the $50 code. Apparently my error wasn't so bad. No regular price is $70?!?!?

Wizsteve

Now that im getting older, I'm too paranoid to smoke outside the house. Even though I have a medical MJ recommendation letter, I feel the risk of any interaction with the law just not worth it.

But I'm a sucker for pretty things, which the pax is. My only worry is that a single chamber won't effect me enough. I've already ordered a solo, but I might pull the trigger on the pax as well.

i believe the pax oven holds more than the solo ,but if i had no other vapes in the house for the money you could buy a volcano they start around 299.

Deadshort480

The Pax definitely holds more than the Solo. Way more. With a high tolerance, you may have to pack multiple bowls with a Solo, but if you're at home it isn't a big deal. Reloading on the go may not be as easy.

I highly recommend the LSV as a plug-in big hitter.

Deadshort480,

GustavoFringsFace

Just curious (and I know it will vary between person to person) - Roughly how many hits do you take with the Pax to get fully medicated?

Do you pack the oven, then vape until it's not producing vapour anymore, or do you just take a few big hits and you're good?

Heard so many differing opinions on this, and it intrigued me. I guess tolerances come in to play though, so that's probably why everyone has a different say on it.

GustavoFringsFace,

Deadshort480

I understand why you're asking, but it's like asking someone, "Will this movie scare me?" "Will I not like how this tastes?"

No one can answer the question for you except you. Someone may take two hits on low and be done while another may need to vape a whole load on high.

GustavoFringsFace

I understand why you're asking, but it's like asking someone, "Will this movie scare me?" "Will I not like how this tastes?"

No one can answer the question for you except you. Someone may take two hits on low and be done while another may need to vape a whole load on high.

This is true... and yeah, tolerance will definitely come into play.

I was just curious because I took about a 2 year break from smoking, came back and my first voyage into the herb was with the Pax. Still needed to vape a full oven (ish) to get nicely high though.

Just had me thinking whether I had a naturally high tolerance, or if that's pretty standard to go through an oven to get where you need to be.

Get what you're saying though, how long is a piece of string? Everyone reacts to it differently.

Last edited:
GustavoFringsFace,

Deadshort480

I will say this, I need about about 4-5 good pulls off of a medium setting to feel very nice. I can feel something off of 2 pulls. Anything above 3 gets me feeling it more and more. If I can get to where I've got to stir it, I've had too much and that is usually about 9-10 hits. I pack dense and heavy as this gives the best cloud production. Again, this is all at the medium setting.

Deadshort480,

armin

Let's say I pack a full bowl and take 2 hits but then don't use it for a few days. Then a few more days I hit it again with the same original product still in the oven . Is the product inside the bowl gonna get bad, moldy or anything bad?

armin,

fogbank

For me the only advantage the Pax has over the Solo is its size and shape. It is far smaller than the Solo and there is no breakable stem sticking out of it.

Beyond that I don't even consider the two vapes to be in the same league. The Solo is a much higher quality vape and delivers a more enjoyable vaping experience overall. The glass in the Solo provides much "cleaner" flavor than the SS/plastic of the Pax.

If you're not worried about portability I would HIGHLY recommend the Solo over the Pax.

Let's say I pack a full bowl and take 2 hits but then don't use it for a few days. Then a few more days I hit it again with the same original product still in the oven . Is the product inside the bowl gonna get bad, moldy or anything bad?

No one can predict whether your half vaped Pax oven will grow mold, but it seems very unlikely to me. Beyond that, you should not experience any issues leaving a half vaped oven in the Pax for a few days. I've done it many times without negative consequences.

fogbank,
Reactions: armin

Deadshort480

For me the only advantage the Pax has over the Solo is its size and shape. It is far smaller than the Solo and there is no breakable stem sticking out of it.

Beyond that I don't even consider the two vapes to be in the same league. The Solo is a much higher quality vape and delivers a more enjoyable vaping experience overall. The glass in the Solo provides much "cleaner" flavor than the SS/plastic of the Pax.

If you're not worried about portability I would HIGHLY recommend the Solo over the Pax.

No one can predict whether your half vaped Pax oven will grow mold, but it seems very unlikely to me. Beyond that, you should not experience any issues leaving a half vaped oven in the Pax for a few days. I've done it many times without negative consequences.

It'll always come down to personal preference. I had both and sold my Solo. They offer two different experiences. I did not prefer the Solo to the Pax.

Deadshort480,

armin

Mayn't I'll just load it full when I'm vaping at home and do the spring trick with a small load when I'm out. My social anxiety gets out of control when I'm too high in public. So maybe that's my work around. I hit the bong when Im home to escape and use my mflb when Im out. But it doesn't cut the mustard anymore. As long as it can get me ripped when I'm home I can retire the bong. I don't really care about taste. I've been tasting butane for years.

armin,

Teedub

I have accidentally left the oven packed with varying degrees of vaped goods for over a week many times. Woops. Its so dry from the heat, Never had any visible mold. It definitely gets stale and the pax is a bit more toasty smelling but no problems. Wouldn't recommend it but I've had no problems.

Just curious (and I know it will vary between person to person) - Roughly how many hits do you take with the Pax to get fully medicated?

Do you pack the oven, then vape until it's not producing vapour anymore, or do you just take a few big hits and you're good?

Anywhere from sipping a few puffs (say morning ) to cashing a stuffed load into chocolate toast. :) (nighty time)

Last edited:
Teedub,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom