Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I have been searched by a k9 when I had bud in my pocket once and nothing happened, we smoked a blunt once the cop left hahah. (I got pulled over by the only k9 in the county haha great luck)
how do you guys go about bringing your pax to a concert or event?
I bought mine exclusively for shows originally. most shows I go to smell like pot regardless of my contribution. Most of the time no one notices I am hitting it, even my friends who know to expect it. I kind of hate when people i dont know ask to hit it at shows, I am worried they'll get caught hitting and not fight for it (if I get caught smoking this thing theres no way I am handing it over without a fight) or worse, just run off with it into the crowd. edit: (and yes people walk off with your shit at concerts last show I went to someone walked off mid session with a g-pen without anyone noticing until he was gone.)

Mr.Krinkle,
Reactions: TommydCat

grokit

well-worn member
Lets just say that I had a fully combusted/well-used 1-hitter/dugout in my back pocket one day, and a drug-sniffing dog came right up to me (with his handler) and sniffed my ass.

Thank goodness for ziplock sandwich baggies and bounce sheets, I was evidently well-prepared for this eventuality!

YMMV :uhoh:

vape4health

Yep, gravity still effects vape goo. I can get a week of 2-3 ovens an evening and only have to mess with the mouthpiece a few times IF I keep it oven down all the time but lay it down or mouthpiece down when charging and no go, time for iso.

I soaked then scrubbed the mouth piece tube and ring in iso last night, this mornings while getting ready for the days events I vaped 2 ovens that worked perfect no fiddling at all then loaded a third to go. On the ride (the pax was laying horizontal) apparently enough goo ran up the tube to make the mouth piece stick then not heat after I managed to get it out. Long story short for you other ones like me that let your pax BE dirty just keep it oven side down if stored for ???whatever? amount of time.

Edit: Hay I also tried (?maybe OF's) idea of load one up then take 2 or 3 hits to suck off all or most of the smell then shut it down to cool, later when your ready it has very little of that fresh smell, I like it.

kuziw1019

All About The Vape!
So I thought I would share with all of you my story... After researching for days 3-4 hours a night portable vaporizers (Have had an SSV for about 5 years now) I finally ordered an Arizer Solo on ebay. A few hours after I ordered it I realizzed the main reason I wanted a portable was for car rides and or being in places where I would like to blaze my "flowers" as you all call it. Simply put the solo is not good for this purpose with the glass and alll... it is great to bring to friends houses though if they havemt been introduced to vaping yet and have heard about my SSV forever ... Sorry getting off topic so I order my PAX on ebay as well (HUGE MISTAKE) from a seller stating its authorizered seller comes with 10 year warranty and only 210... So after just spending 140 on the solo i figured saving 40 on the pax from an authorized seller sounds ideal... i got the pax brand new shortly after... FREAKING LOVE IT... def a small learning curve but for the ultimate vaping portable experience in areas such as concerts, city streets, sporting events, car rides, hotel rooms, basically anywhere that i want to smoke flowers and normally wouldnt i now can and it is awesome... butttttttt after receiing my pax from ebay in the mail i email pax to make sure it is warrantied long story short they tell me it is not he is not authorized the pax is most likely stolen or purchased illegally... so i immediate file paypal case seller does not respond i get to keep that pax am refunded my 210 and ordered a second on pax website .... so long story short if you want to be covered just buy direct.... love my pax high as shit typing this... you guys rock! thanks for help in my awesome decision!

brewer

I bit hard to read, but that kinda helped with my solo vs pax debate. Thanks!
pax = sleeker and more portable, and nobody bats an eye in public if they can't smell it; solo = marginally better cloud production and consistency, but an awkward brick with a glass straw in public, which people look at strangely.

brewer,

OregonStoner

Does anyone have the problem where they pull in little pieces of herb because the screen won't stay in position, or any suggestions to help this? Even after making sure that it's secure, sometimes mid session I'll have that pleasant feeling of some on my tongue, and find that the screen is slightly rotated on its long axis. I've had the Pax for a little over a month, with daily use, and this seems to happens every other day.

I have had this happen to my Pax several times in the two months I have owned my unit. I found that after removing the screen (via pipe cleaner) three or four times for cleaning, the screen would no longer fit properly. The screen would obtain a slight bow and this would cause it to "rock" while pressing a load into the oven. I found that if when removing the screen the screen does not snap out but just kinda falls out of the oven, you are about to face this issue.

The fix for me? I try not to remove the screen very often for cleaning. I am going to try and just clean the oven tube without pressing the screen out. The other solution that has worked well for me is to take the slightly warped screen, place it on a hard flat service (the top of my bench vise works well for me), pattern side down and lightly hit it with the ball end of my small ball-peen hammer. This method flattens the screen out and gives it a nice tight fit in the oven. Again, repeat this step every third or fourth time you find the need to remove the screen. I tried several times to just bend the screen flat by hand, but this produced poor results.

Be careful how you handle your Pax with the loose screen. My original screen went missing when it became loose and I had the oven door off. I was lubing up my mouthpiece and clicking it in and out many times when I then noticed my screen had fallen out of the unit over a large carpeted area. I had to order a fresh pack of screens from Ploom, but of course found the MIA screen the day my new screens arrived LOL.

I do not remember if the unit was still hot when removing the screens. The suggestion to wait until the unit has cooled down might be worth a try as well.

I will be working on a complete review of my unit in the near future. Thanks to all that have contributed to this Pax forum and the Vaporpedia.

OregonStoner,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I use my pax all over the place, pumping gas, watering clients gardens, walking my dog down the road, pretty much anywhere in the city... I fucking love it. I am working for Gathering of the Vibes this week and I cannot wait to show it off and make everyone jealous. :rockon:
I have had this happen to my Pax several times in the two months I have owned my unit. I found that after removing the screen (via pipe cleaner) three or four times for cleaning, the screen would no longer fit properly. The screen would obtain a slight bow and this would cause it to "rock" while pressing a load into the oven. I found that if when removing the screen the screen does not snap out but just kinda falls out of the oven, you are about to face this issue.
This happens when opposite corners of the screen become uneven, you can try bending it diagonally back and forth til you get the hang of it, I can always get it to stay once this happens. I also have two screens that I bent with needle nose pliers, the points that make contact with the two tiny notches inside the oven, I bent them at a 90 degree angle the tiniest bit, I only went in about a 16th-32nd of an inch, the less you bend the better. These are not removable without something to poke them free, they really lock in place. Pipe cleaners will not even free them. I used a straw from a wd-40 can (never used) Saw this tip on someone elses video (the wd-40 straw) Dont fucking use these straws if they have ever been used. I understand this explaination is a little confusing, if you'd like a picture of one of my screens I'll take one. :)

cvbeast

Hi guys. So recently my pax has stopped heating up even when I turn it on. The oven never gets warm or hot even when the purple light is on. I believe I knocked something loose inside the unit so I wanna try fixing it myself before sending it to ploom. Can anyone tell me how to open up the Pax??

cvbeast,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Hi guys. So recently my pax has stopped heating up even when I turn it on. The oven never gets warm or hot even when the purple light is on. I believe I knocked something loose inside the unit so I wanna try fixing it myself before sending it to ploom. Can anyone tell me how to open up the Pax??

I wouldn't mess around with it, I bet you you'll need to re-solder the wires where the oven connects to the board, (its connected by three pins) if its under warranty I'd just send it back they're really fast. Otherwise, the Pax is simple, held together by one screw. Theres a lot of delicate stuff in there so be patient with it and be delicate when putting it back together, something doesn't feel right, don't force it, you may cut the wires going to the battery. All the pictures and tutorials of peoples experiences with opening the pax can be found in this thread by the search tool :)

Mr.Krinkle,
Reactions: 2 Paces

brewer

just send it in... they'll get it back to you within a week ime...

call them and they send shipping labels at no cost

brewer,

ElSquared

Hello!

Total Noob here, but i've been really enjoying this forum and learning all about portable vaporizers. I'm about 99.9% sold on the Pax, but I have one last question that I have not seen answered in this particular thread:

can you vape shisha in a portable? is it any good? does the wet tobacco cause much of a cleaning issue?

ElSquared,

2 Paces

Gotta agree with what the others are saying, just send it in. I had the same issue in April, had it back in a week and I live on the opposite side of the country from them.

Also, even if you could figure out how to fix it, a long time ago someone mentioned that they opened theirs up and there were rubber o-rings that they could not get back in place when they put it back together.

Their Pax still worked fine, but the warranty is void if you open it up. So in theory those missing o-rings could void your warranty if you can't get them back in correctly. Just something to keep in mind.

2 Paces,
Reactions: brewer

brewer

Also, even if you could figure out how to fix it, a long time ago someone mentioned that they opened theirs up and there were rubber o-rings that they could not get back in place when they put it back together.

Their Pax still worked fine, but the warranty is void if you open it up. So in theory those missing o-rings could void your warranty if you can't get them back in correctly. Just something to keep in mind.

Definitely, Ploom can't even get the rubber o-rings back in; one of mine popped out and they just sent me a new unit because they said they could not repair that.

They're so good about the warranty.... just send it in.

brewer,

2 Paces

one of mine popped out and they just sent me a new unit because they said they could not repair that.

This is another good reason to send it in. When mine had the non heating issue they didn't repair it, they sent me a whole new unit too.

So send it in cvbeast, you may just get a brand spanking new unit like we did.

2 Paces,
Reactions: brewer

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
...but the warranty is void if you open it up. So in theory those missing o-rings could void your warranty if you can't get them back in correctly. Just something to keep in mind.

I don't believe this is correct. There is nothing in the warranty that prohibits you from opening your Pax:
This warranty does not apply to (a) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake, acts of piracy, or other external causes; (b) to damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended use as described by Ploom; (c) to a product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Ploom; (d) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, and broken plastic. Warranty does not apply to any non-Ploom products.

pakalolo,

jeff

There was an issue with usb chargers not having enough power to charge these things from what I remember.
Maybe some. But any external battery pack that can charge the ipad. This requires 2.1amp rather than the normal 1 for an iphone could likely do it.

jeff,

ludwig

I'm moving out of my current place to a new one. I didn't figure out what kind of place I was going to be living in so I decided to sell my Volcano.

I walked in a LHS and picked up one for 239 dollars.

I got home. Threw it on the charger. When it was charged up, I heated it up to cook off everything. Loaded it up and hit it for the first time. I was impressed on the easiness of using this. WIth the Pax, I can watch what I want instead of watching the vaporizer. I was able to pull around 15 hits off the first bowl with few hits on Lo, most on medium and rest on high. I turned it off popped in a movie. It was a boring one. I decided to pick up the pax, stirred it and put it on the high and started to puff some more There was plenty! I kept on hitting it and after a couple more, it was finally gone. Walked over and asked the friend who was sitting on another couch 6 feet from me watching the movie if she ever smelled anything and she was surprised I was vaping right next to her.

I kept the Pax upright all throughout the seshs, charging, and handling it except loading it. I've used 5 ovens so far and it's still pretty clean- after a bit more will probably give it first cleaning.

I'm still playing with the draw, coming from a Volcano and MFLB, I've taken MFLB style hits on the pax with success. But I havent nailed it. I've pulled nice clouds and some duds. But most of the times, it gives me vapor clouds every time. Pretty nice way to get medicated- can take micro to big hits and from a hit to 20-30 hits. I hit it when I turn it off and I still get pretty good last hit sometimes and it lets me keep my herbs for the next sesh better.

Im driving the girlfriend nuts by walking around the house vaping with the smell not lingering much haha

I bought some 20 mm steel filters and rolled em up, popped em on top of a smaller bowl size on the pax and I was able to get good results out of it. Nice way to increase the range of amount of herbs you have to load to use Pax with.

I actually use the oven lid as a oven packer- It fits perfectly packing down the bowl without using any other tools, etc to pack..

If I get my hands on some concentrates, then will toss it in the oven and see how it performs

loving the light system on the pax- so easy to follow and its very responsive.

very excellent vape for on the go but does packs enough punch to be a daily driver

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
Glad to see you like the Pax!

two things that I picked up from reading your post, first using the lid to pack isn't a bad idea but it is plastic and has the potential to melt. I have been using a metal pen that I had laying around the house and it works superbly well. Second, I don't know how well concentrates will work in the Pax, just based on the fact that when heated they turn into liquid (and then vaporized) so the potential for a mess is at a premium there.

ILoveCollege,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom