Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKickass

But,wonder,,we have to put it on/off by pressing the mouthpiece,,there for,,it would be not so clean,,so can we put a rubber parts on the mouthpiece?
Well there's a quite nice cap in the post above you lol. But if there's fluff on your mouthpiece just click it open and wipe it off :2c:

Sweet cap 2 paces!

JoeKickass,

lowkee00

Between the top of the oven, a little rubber band popped out. I tried to shoved it back in slowly and it broke a tiny piece of the plastic off (lame). I pulled the rubber band completely out. I suppose it's there for a reason?

fwiw, I love this thing to death, it is like my best buddy, always working to help out.

lowkee00,

droopus

A question to y'all: when you are done with a Pax session, what is your typical method for emptying the oven? I've seen people gently use a small screwdriver, and others bang the vaped block out on a log.

What do regular users recommend?

BTW Joe: you were right, internal issue. On its way back to Pax and a new one in the mail. (Well, UPS actually.)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I stir once with a toothpick or similar device pour into ABV dish, then I brush with MFLB type brush.
I then put my mouth over the oven end and suck so any loose debris goes in direction of my mouth rather than remaining at screen (plate) edges.

Vitolo,
Reactions: droopus

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I empty it out with either the tip of my pocket knife or with the little paper clip tool I keep under the mouthpiece. I do not recommend shaking, tapping, or banging out the load. I've lost a screen trying to shake out my oven. I can't imagine any force to the Pax to bang out the load would be good for the unit.

NYC5IKH5jabi

I empty it out with either the tip of my pocket knife or with the little paper clip tool I keep under the mouthpiece. I do not recommend shaking, tapping, or banging out the load. I've lost a screen trying to shake out my oven. I can't imagine any force to the Pax to bang out the load would be good for the unit.
Lol I've banged mine around plenty, many times on purpose. This thing is sturdy! Mine has taken much abuse yet still keeps tickin.

NYC5IKH5jabi,
Reactions: xclarryx

Dr.Dank

Alright guys so basically heres my situation, I got my lovely blue Pax about two months ago. Used it for a while before i found out it has major structural defect. The metal tube in the middle was fitted to one side and so I was experiencing the temp light issue not due to buildup but a manufacturing defect. I decided to sent it back and get it replaced, unfortunately my old man found the box withy receipt and three it all away. Now I'm here with a broken Pax and no warranty, any advice would be much appreciated, I don't know if anyone else has come upon this problem as well, If you have please message me. Thanks

Dr.Dank,

droopus

Ploom didn't ask about my warranty, nor did I need the original box to send it back. They only asked if I bought it online or not. I bought mine in a shop on 8th Street in Manhattan, so they are handling my warranty.

Their service is excellent, send them a mail. They'll help you out.

//droop

slightlyvaped

has any one found a good tool for stirring and packing?

Between being hot if I am stirring during mid session and sometimes not wanting to use my fingers being out and about I've been looking for a nice tool but can't seem to locate one.

slightlyvaped,

exit

has any one found a good tool for stirring and packing?

Between being hot if I am stirring during mid session and sometimes not wanting to use my fingers being out and about I've been looking for a nice tool but can't seem to locate one.

Do you know about the bamboo spoons that come with the Vapir NO2? I bought a 24 pack of them last year and still have most of them. They're kind of unbeatable for the purpose.

vapir-bamboo-cleaning-sticks-video-still.png

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....

I made this at work, tamper on one end, stirrer on the other. I can also remove the spring with the stirrer end.

welderboy,

NYC5IKH5jabi

It may be sturdy, but I don't make it a habit to abuse expensive electronics, no matter how good the warranty is. Why would you bang it around on purpose?
I guess bang is the wrong word. The only time it's banged is by accident but I do smack it against my hand to get out the abv sans tool. I guess the main thing I'm getting at is that ploom made a strong product. Excellent for anyone new to vaporizing. I might not have the same love for vaping I do today if not for the pax showing me what's possible.

NYC5IKH5jabi,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
Haven't had much to say about the pax recently however a few days ago my friend wanted to buy a vape so we went down to the local HS and looked at their inventory. He ended up pulling the trigger on the VB Pinnacle, VB's response to the Pax (I believe) and we did a side by side comparison.

Let's just say that I am one happy pax'r and I wouldn't trade this stealthy device for anything. I can go through our comparison notes if anyone wants me to, but from using both, hands down the Pax was the right choice for me.

ILoveCollege,

2 Paces

Sweet cap 2 paces!

Thanks Joe (and everyone else who 'liked' the idea).

Glad my first post was well received. I had been looking for something to use as caps since I got the Pax last year, but the wait was worth it. These really do pass the smell test, add almost nothing to the size, and fit like they were made for it. I don't know anyone personally who owns a Pax, so it's nice to be able to share the info with those who may use it.

I think the different flavors come in blue & red containers, so those with the cobalt Pax could have a (somewhat) matching cap :)

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Do you know about the bamboo spoons that come with the Vapir NO2? I bought a 24 pack of them last year and still have most of them. They're kind of unbeatable for the purpose.

vapir-bamboo-cleaning-sticks-video-still.png
I buy bamboo oversized toothpicks on amazon similar to these they come in packs of 500 for like 6 bucks. I posted the link in here a bunch of times, I swear by them to the point where I get pissed if I leave without one.

Mr.Krinkle,
Reactions: mollee

kevinnphamm

Hello, fellow Pax users.

I've had my Pax for about three month and it still is my favorite portable vaporizer.

I took about a week to read through all the pages of the forum to catch up with everyone else.

I'll be adding my two cents on a bunch of questions as well!

kevinnphamm,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

A question to y'all: when you are done with a Pax session, what is your typical method for emptying the oven? I've seen people gently use a small screwdriver, and others bang the vaped block out on a log.

What do regular users recommend?

This IMO is perfect for the Pax.

http://www.amazon.com/VapeTools-Vap...qid=1369233093&sr=8-1&keywords=Vape+mini+tool

I use it every day. Flat head side for cleaning out the oven. The angled side is a perfect fit for the oven for packing down. Plus it comes in a small plastic tube with caps to store. The tube also fits my cleaning brush from a Davinici vaporizer.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

JoeKickass

Except if the paper clip gets stuck when the mouthpiece is closed.

It's happened to a few members here before.
Yeah it happened to me too when I just made one quickly, if you squeeze and wiggle the mouthpiece you can shuffle the paperclip around and get it to open.

But it's all in the shape of the paperclip, you have to keep the length and the width short enough so that it fits inside the inner lip of the mouthpiece when held straight by the magnet. Mine hasn't got stuck since I shaped it right

soulblaze

Lead, carcenogenic materials/plastics?

Is anyone worried about the heat + battery + tape + electronics inside the Pax and what you are inhaling? I love my Pax but at the same time I have this fear that in 10 years I'll be diagnosed with some form of cancer caused by using this portable vaporizer, with a, "well, nobody knew, it was new, pioneering technology".

Anyone have any information on the long-term effects of using a Pax?

soulblaze,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom