Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollee

The Pax is my daily driver and I love it. It's not a "science project" to get high, it is ready to hit in 30-45 seconds, as opposed to over a minute and a half or more for other vapes, and has gotten me away from combustion completely. I am fairly new to vaping and was going to buy a SSV as a backup. But then, I wouldn't be able to walk around the house or my yard, vaping as I do other things. I don't want to be tied down to a vape with a cord, and I don't want to look conspicuous in my yard. If anyone asks what the Pax is, I just say it's an e-cigarette and that's the end of it. So, I got a second one and damn, I'm happy I did :love:
Hi Purrito!
I'm awfully tempted to get a second one for backup, but just wanted to know what reasons the backup has worked so well for you?
Thanks!! :)

mollee,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
They have an internal battery, so having two solves the problems of having to wait for a charge once the battery dies.

ORDERED! I'll post a pic in about a week!
Thanks Krinkle!
I almost did too, I cant decide to do that or clear, my Pax is blue not sure it'd look good. They have a bunch of different colors and finishes, pretty neat!
Edit- sorry for double posting!

mod note: Thank you for noticing. Two posts merged.

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Mine is blue also but the white worked so I'm sure the carbon will too. I only did it because I had a 6 dollar gift card credit left on my amazon account.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Here's a link to this holographic vinyl sticker material you can get various sheets in a sample pack or rolls of... http://stores.ebay.com/Paper-Street...ml?_fsub=9&_sid=5882790&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
I've been using this stuff on all kinds of ecig batteries. I usually put a layer of clear packaging tape over it to prolong the life of the surface, and keep it from trying to peel up at the seam. Lots of patterns and colors to choose from.

7b1d_12.JPG

dopefiend

Hey guys, been following the thread so closely I forgot to post a link to my own review of the Pax, which came out in my January podcast. Here's the link:

http://dopecast.libsyn.com/dopecast347-january-2013

It doesn't quite stand up to the Solo for flavour, and the constant cleaning of the mouthpiece is a hassle, so I only use it when out and about, but the Pax is the stealthiest, most portable, and easily the sexiest vape I've seen. Definitely worth the money. Interested to see how the Solo Mini compares when it comes out next year.

Tweek

A bit of a disappointment came up with Pax last night at a concert in club. It had me nicely toasted on low, and I had been through a few short sessions on one packed oven with a honey sandwich. Towards the tail end of the show, though, one of the security guys obviously caught the scent of it and went on the hunt. I ended up having to pocket it for the rest of the evening. It was a smaller crowd, so that was part of it, but it does concern me that in a semi-crowded club, the odor was strong enough for someone to detect it that much.

When I was taking a class downtown, I would take the PAX with me and it worked awesome...but man did I smell. One time I came back from break and within minutes the room smelled of toasted herb.

Tweek,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
When I was taking a class downtown, I would take the PAX with me and it worked awesome...but man did I smell. One time I came back from break and within minutes the room smelled of toasted herb.

After months of public use, I've come to the conclusion that the Pax has a noticeable odor. (I cant smell it on myself of course) Several people asked if I was smoking a joint in the city while hitting my Pax, along with my boss who said I smelled like I just lit one on my way to the bank. (Had a session on my way back)

Proceed with caution. Though the Cops rolled by me on several occasions while I was walking with my Pax on High and havent even got a glance. Weird.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Got my Pax! It HEATS! Charged it a few, AND IT STILL WORKED! hahah- YAY! I was told it had unique special features that my model is the first to get- I cant wait to start tinkering! I am so above and beyond impressed with their customer service, I think anyone else would have told me to fuck off!
edit- New Pax heats in 15 seconds flat from cold to High temp setting. :rockon: They have hooked me up so much in the past month, I have accumulated so much stuff- 5 mouth pieces, 4 lids, 3 screens, 2 chargers, and a partridge and a pear tree. Plus two free shirts, about 20-30 packs of lube, and 4 delux cleaning kits. Doing the math they have given me the value of the Pax back in just parts. I cant think of any other company that would do that.

Sonics420

After months of public use, I've come to the conclusion that the Pax has a noticeable odor. (I cant smell it on myself of course) Several people asked if I was smoking a joint in the city while hitting my Pax, along with my boss who said I smelled like I just lit one on my way to the bank. (Had a session on my way back)

Proceed with caution. Though the Cops rolled by me on several occasions while I was walking with my Pax on High and havent even got a glance. Weird.
I was in the club hitting the pax on high, the security guards def smelled it when they came at me and saw me hitting the pax lol.. they really didnt give a damn tho and just turned away..

Sonics420,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Special features? Whaaaaaa.......???????
Yep :rockon: I'll keep you guys in the loop if I figure them out hahah, perhaps they are features slated for a future model. from Pax support-
I've placed a new Pax in the mail, for which you should soon receive tracking information. Although I did not include any bonus materials with this shipment, I hope you be pleased to know that your unit is essentially one of a kind, with special easter-egg features that are not available on any other Pax units on the market. Enjoy.
Best,
Zach
edit- First session complete! Mission accomplished! w00tz0rz.

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yep :rockon: I'll keep you guys in the loop if I figure them out hahah, perhaps they are features slated for a future model. from Pax support-

edit- First session complete! Mission accomplished! w00tz0rz.
Very interested in these special Easter egg features! Is there anything asthetically different rhat you notice? Try rolling it around like you do for party mode and shit! Keep us In the loop!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Mr.Krinkle

Taffy420

So I've had my pax for about a week now(didn't want to post too early) and I love it! Haven't had any problems so far. I clean every few uses and it does the trick for me.

Few questions though. Call me stupid but What is the purpose of the sliding ring at the top of the stem, I'm sure it does serve a purpose but what as it doesn't come into contact with anything?

Also my pax doesn't default to medium heat. If I turn my pax off after I've finished the load on high heat, and then turn it on again after whatever time it will still be on high heat. Does anybody else experience this?

These aren't big problems whatsoever and I can live with it but its just knowing it's not suppose to do it you know?

Taffy420,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
So I've had my pax for about a week now(didn't want to post too early) and I love it! Haven't had any problems so far. I clean every few uses and it does the trick for me.

Few questions though. Call me stupid but What is the purpose of the sliding ring at the top of the stem, I'm sure it does serve a purpose but what as it doesn't come into contact with anything?

Also my pax doesn't default to medium heat. If I turn my pax off after I've finished the load on high heat, and then turn it on again after whatever time it will still be on high heat. Does anybody else experience this?

These aren't big problems whatsoever and I can live with it but its just knowing it's not suppose to do it you know?
The ring is what locks the mouthpiece down. And medium default I believe is only when it's shipped then it remains on whatever setting you've used last until you change it i think.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Sonics420

after I've finished the load on high heat, and then turn it on again after whatever time it will still be on high heat. Does anybody else experience this?

I think its supposed to stay @ the temp u left it at, that is my experience with the Pax.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Very interested in these special Easter egg features! Is there anything asthetically different rhat you notice? Try rolling it around like you do for party mode and shit! Keep us In the loop!
Haha yeah I played with it a lot, the only thing different I noticed is when I rocked it back and forth and it activated party mode, not sure if its actually party mode or somthing else. Party mode is still activated by rotating, it goes clockwise or counter clockwise, I could have sworn my old one only did clockwise (like a screwdriver threading in) I emailed them and asked to be more specific :) It does look a little different, side by side comparisons, the down stem looks narrower on the new one, It has different placement of the serial number and it is in a different font. It has the delayed switch like my last one which I know my other models did not have (when I remove the mouth piece it takes a second for the temp button to activate, I can take the mouth piece off with enough time to see the button before it activates, Im guessing this will make the switch less wonky) Other than that no differences. Cosmetically, its a completely different shade of blue with a much rougher matte finish (dark dark blue almost purple, compared to my others that were lighter in color and smoother more like a brushed matte finish) The charger cable on the new one is completely different too

Mr.Krinkle,

jack_h

Hey guys, been using my PAX for a couple days and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I'm new to vaping, and I like to only smoke sativa's that provide me with energy, are uplifting, active throughout the day, no couch-lock, etc.

I'm still tweaking how to use this vape to get my desired effect. For those of you who like to reach a similar high as me, how have you guys found using your Pax works best for you?

I usually start off with 2 draws on light temp, and 2 on medium and I put it away and I'm feeling great. Lots of energy and stuff.

I guess my question is, how long can I keep using the low-med temperature with the same bowl? I know if I increase to a High temp and cook to dark brown, the CBD's and other compounds get released that's responsible for more of the body high, so how do you guys suggest I go about this? Thanks a lot!

jack_h,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Haha yeah I played with it a lot, the only thing different I noticed is when I rocked it back and forth and it activated party mode, not sure if its actually party mode or somthing else. Party mode is still activated by rotating, it goes clockwise or counter clockwise, I could have sworn my old one only did clockwise (like a screwdriver threading in) I emailed them and asked to be more specific :) It does look a little different, side by side comparisons, the down stem looks narrower on the new one, It has different placement of the serial number and it is in a different font. It has the delayed switch like my last one which I know my other models did not have (when I remove the mouth piece it takes a second for the temp button to activate, I can take the mouth piece off with enough time to see the button before it activates, Im guessing this will make the switch less wonky) Other than that no differences. Cosmetically, its a completely different shade of blue with a much rougher matte finish (dark dark blue almost purple, compared to my others that were lighter in color and smoother more like a brushed matte finish) The charger cable on the new one is completely different too
Do u still have your old unit? Some side by side pics would be sweet!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Do u still have your old unit? Some side by side pics would be sweet!
Yes I do! I already thought of that :D There have been new modes added to my Pax. I have no idea what they do, I emailed them giving them a thousand thanks and told them I found the settings, I hope they email me back and tell me what they do. SO, the new settings. Party mode activates either direction, my old one does not. It also activates by rocking it twice, instead of turning it 3 full rotations. If I rock it side to side, (not rotating it, tipping it on its side as if I am about to rotate it activates it) it starts the party mode I am familiar with. The new modes I have found, which you cycle by re-rocking it- are
1 It turns it to a slow color fading mode instead of a fast strobe. 2- Turns really really dim dark green by default (at rest, sitting), it fades to intense new colors which ever direction I move it, gradually resetting to dull green as I stop moving it, reminds me of a light saber haha. 3- Simular to the last mode, default color is a rosey pink at rest instead of dull green. 4- at rest it is a dull blue white, when I pick it up it changes colors when I move it or tilt it, but the colors are more random and jumpy, it switches between blinking and fading into each color smoothly, its gets so dim it looks powered off in this mode at some points. if I flick it again it goes back to the first party mode. Pritty damn cool, I'll do a video of the new modes later when I am more motivated :cool:

Yes I do! I already thought of that :D There have been new modes added to my Pax. I have no idea what they do, I emailed them giving them a thousand thanks and told them I found the settings, I hope they email me back and tell me what they do. SO, the new settings. Party mode activates either direction, my old one does not. It also activates by rocking it twice, instead of turning it 3 full rotations. If I rock it side to side, (not rotating it, tipping it on its side as if I am about to rotate it activates it) it starts the party mode I am familiar with. The new modes I have found, which you cycle by re-rocking it- are
1 It turns it to a slow color fading mode instead of a fast strobe. 2- Turns really really dim dark green by default (at rest, sitting), it fades to intense new colors which ever direction I move it, gradually resetting to dull green as I stop moving it, reminds me of a light saber haha. 3- Simular to the last mode, default color is a rosey pink at rest instead of dull green. 4- at rest it is a dull blue white, when I pick it up it changes colors when I move it or tilt it, but the colors are more random and jumpy, it switches between blinking and fading into each color smoothly, its gets so dim it looks powered off in this mode at some points. if I flick it again it goes back to the first party mode. Pritty damn cool, I'll do a video of the new modes later when I am more motivated :cool:

Get motivated!

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
uploading, not much of a vid haha, just a blinky light. the vid starts with the first new mode I found, ends in the classic party mode. I accidentally skip one of the modes some how when I activate the power indicator by accident about half way through (you'll see it blinks yellow three times while I am showing the motion sensor feature) I'm wondering what the eff these do!! I am betting one maybe turns the oven off faster when in idle mode- maybe one juices the heat 5 degrees or somthing. Maybe they are nothing other than new eye candy for the same feature hahaha- I didnt get any emails back so maybe they intend for me to figure out on my own.

Mr.Krinkle,

JoeKickass

2- Turns really really dim dark green by default (at rest, sitting), it fades to intense new colors which ever direction I move it, gradually resetting to dull green as I stop moving it, reminds me of a light saber haha.
That is SO cool!
I usually start off with 2 draws on light temp, and 2 on medium and I put it away and I'm feeling great. Lots of energy and stuff.

I guess my question is, how long can I keep using the low-med temperature with the same bowl? I know if I increase to a High temp and cook to dark brown, the CBD's and other compounds get released that's responsible for more of the body high, so how do you guys suggest I go about this? Thanks a lot!
I think you'll notice an improvement if you leave it on low for as long as you can. Just like how you don't want to turn it up to high, turning up to medium also is going to release extra flavor/thc compared to low.

So you could try 4-5 hits on low, then later maybe another set or two, and then when the vape gets thin you've extracted all the stuff at that temp and can bump it up to orange for maybe 2-3 hits a sesh
If your tolerance is low you should be able to get a few seshes from one load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom