Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
i was smugly thinking yesterday how trouble free my pax has been and sure enough i turn it on and get the temp light issue for the first time. I tried wiping the mouth piece section down with iso applying the lube and no joy. It took soaking it in the iso then the lube to work

The temp light issue comes and goes in mine. For some bizarre reason it usually happens to me right after I clean the Pax. It is really not a major issue for me, I'm used to it. The first thing you should try any time you get the problem is to remove the mouthpiece and blow through the stem. I have no idea why this works, it doesn't make any sense to me at all, and I didn't believe it would when I read about it, but it works for me about 90% of the time.

jay87

The temp light issue comes and goes in mine. For some bizarre reason it usually happens to me right after I clean the Pax. It is really not a major issue for me, I'm used to it. The first thing you should try any time you get the problem is to remove the mouthpiece and blow through the stem. I have no idea why this works, it doesn't make any sense to me at all, and I didn't believe it would when I read about it, but it works for me about 90% of the time.

I would bet that the reason that fixes your problem is because after removing the mp and putting it back in you reset the position of it to the normal fully extended position.

Pay attention to the mouthpiece position while you are using the pax if you are getting the temp light issue.

I've found that the temp light issue may occur while you are drawing from the pax because your mouth pushes the mouthpiece in slightly which could stop the mouthpiece from being connected and cause the temp light to come on instead of the pax heating up.

Try not to push on the mouthpiece and make sure it is fully extended out and you will probably avoid the issue.

I think that the reason why cleaning is seen as the way to fix the temp light issue may be because when the mouthpiece is sticky and has resin on it, it isn't able to fully extend out and gets stuck a little bit so the pax won't heat up and instead shows the temp light as if the mouthpiece were actually removed.

I've been cleaning my pax around once a week, i really just clean it when i feel its convenient for me, and i've fixed or worked around the issues that i've had. I don't really have any problems with the temp light issue regardless of the cleanliness of my device so far because adjusting the mouthpiece position fixes it for me every time.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I would bet that the reason that fixes your problem is because after removing the mp and putting it back in you reset the position of it to the normal fully extended position.

Pay attention to the mouthpiece position while you are using the pax if you are getting the temp light issue.

I've found that the temp light issue may occur while you are drawing from the pax because your mouth pushes the mouthpiece in slightly which could stop the mouthpiece from being connected and cause the temp light to come on instead of the pax heating up.

Try not to push on the mouthpiece and make sure it is fully extended out and you will probably avoid the issue.

I've been cleaning my pax around once a week, i really just clean it when i feel its convenient for me, and i've fixed or worked around the issues that i've had. I don't really have any problems with the temp light issue regardless of the cleanness of my device so far because adjusting the mouthpiece position fixes it for me every time.

Yeah, I don't think you realize how much I've had my Pax apart and studied it. I thought the same thing until I did a test. I removed the MP and replaced it several times without curing the problem, then I blew in the stem and the problem went away. I did this test not once but three or four times.

pakalolo,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I can tell you guys the most recent model they sent me seemed to be programmed to fix some issues with the wonky connection. What I noticed different- on the new model I can take the mouth piece off and see the button for about a second while it is completely unilluminated. My other models, the light would be lit on the button the second the mouthpiece was removed. Just got off tech support, I am having another model overnighted to me, they have been doing testing on one for two days I guess, I feel really bad. They didnt send me any sort of return slip, I am wondering if they are just going to say screw it and let me keep the broken one. I want to vape so badd I offered to buy my friends vapor brothers while I wait hahah

Mr.Krinkle,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I've got a black Pax on order, I believe it's going to arrive tomorrow :D I've been waiting months to get one but I held off ordering for some of the problems to get resolved. When I saw pictures of the Pax online it was love at first site. After recently checking one out at a head shop in Virginia I knew I had to have it, lol... It's a techy looking item and I'm definitely a computer nerd. Anyway I'm looking forward to curing this gadget lust.

I sold my LSV as I wanted a more compact and cordless unit. The smaller package is a lot cleaner then the LSV and I expect the vapor output to be a lot smaller which is what I'm after. LSV is great for clouds, but i'm looking for something a bit more efficient.

I've owned a BC Vaporizer (what a joke), Aromazap, CRZ's, an LSV and now the Pax. Hopefully it's worth the money!

Steele Concept,

filteredhead

Is it a bad idea to use a Highly Educated flat tip dabber to scrap the inside vapor path? I say someone do that and it looked like it got some nice oil like stuff.
It works well for me http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom.6223/page-282#post-330088
Note that I never insert that dabber tool from the oven side (it will not fit so never tried forcing it in that way). If the flat head tip is inserted into the mp side of the the vapor tube opening (like in the pics) and twisted while going in and and out, some vapor oil/reclaim will be there to collect or discard or use.

filteredhead,

filteredhead

Yeah that was actually the post I saw lol. Have you smoked the oil that comes out?
I vaped it on top of herb in my plug-in unit. That stuff can be dabbed on a nail but would not recommend it as there's too much plant material in it. Maybe warm it and wipe the stuff on rolling papers for an extra strong joint.

filteredhead,
Noticing a lot of new names here, and someone awhile back asked about what kind of lube Ploom uses. I thought this would be a good time to repost the Vaporpedia page, which has all the compiled user info for the Pax, including info about the lube.

I plan to update it this weekend with some user suggestions on glass connections. In the meantime, PAX NEWBIES...here you go:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Pax

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
:rockon:One happy dude here, just got my latest email- They have already put a Pax in the mail for me with out asking for a return, I'm guessing I get to keep this one. As for the new one,
I've placed a new Pax in the mail, for which you should soon receive tracking information. Although I did not include any bonus materials with this shipment, I hope you be pleased to know that your unit is essentially one of a kind, with special easter-egg features that are not available on any other Pax units on the market. Enjoy.
W00t! I don't think I'll charge this one at home just to be safe haha (Side note I got an outlet tester at home depot for 6 bucks, outlet is in the best configuration) I wonder what will be different about this? :rockon:cant wait to rip my Pax!

JoeKickass

I'm guessing I get to keep this one.

You could always say "Do you mind paying for the return shipping for the broken Pax?"

I can't really think of a reason to hold on to a Pax that doesn't warm up... and hopefully Ploom can use it to improve future ones.

But those easter egg features are gold, I remember how great it was when someone first figured out party mode :party:

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
Huge scare last night. Figured I'd leave my pax in the trunk while I went to the bar... It didn't even freeze but it would not light up. Got it on an overnight charge and it's good as new. Pesky bugger lol

TheTurtleClub,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Curiousone

I stopped at Harbor Freight yesterday, those brush sets are way too big for the pax. http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-airbrush-cleaning-brushes-68155.html you want something like these.
Thx...man. I use a variety of brushes because I have airbrush and various paint guns, but the link you posted are the ones I had in mind for use with the Pax. I couldn't find proper link at the time. Thx again...hope I didn't confuse anyone else...figured my link would at least get people in the right area.

Curiousone,

JCruiser

Hey all, just wanted to say ive had my PAX since the first shipments went out this summer its been working out great. I have the original mouthpiece and ive never have any issues at all. I clean it maybe once a week if that, but I do the contact cleaning trick every time. Dipping just the very bottom of the MP in ISO, press it in and out several times, wipe and repeat until nothing is coming off the bottom of the MP.

JoeKickass

Huge scare last night. Figured I'd leave my pax in the trunk while I went to the bar... It didn't even freeze but it would not light up. Got it on an overnight charge and it's good as new. Pesky bugger lol

My biggest scare with the Pax was when I was with family and we decided to go to the Capitol. (Not DC) I didn't even think about the Pax in my pocket until I was almost next in line for the airport-style security.

Then I realized I couldn't even try to pass it off because 90% of my family doesn't know I use cannabis. Quickly I said I forgot to take a picture of something outside, and I hid my Pax behind a trashcan in the 40F weather. I whispered "good luck" and went back inside, I was so worried for my baby :(

After the 3 hours tour, I come back outside and it's still there!! :bowdown:
It was a really public place and I was so glad no one found my $250 diamond in the ruff... however the extreme cold really did a number on the mouthpiece, I'd never felt it so stiff, it was practically glued. I actuated it in my pocket to try to warm it up with friction.

About 30 mins later I realized I smelled vape, felt my pocket, and it had turned on!
(Probably my actuation...)
While my load was 75% gone, I did get a nice little pick me up in a public bathroom and the heat actually fixed the sticky MP too!

That was a nail-biting day for sure, but the Pax came through with flying colors!

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
Thx...man. I use a variety of brushes because I have airbrush and various paint guns, but the link you posted are the ones I had in mind for use with the Pax. I couldn't find proper link at the time. Thx again...hope I didn't confuse anyone else...figured my link would at least get people in the right area.
no problem,,,alot of the online pics are decieving. I use these and they work really well with no cotton fuzzies clogging everything up. the smallest one works well on the switch/latch area. i never have a temp light issue.

welderboy,

7upstar

Took my Pax snowboarding. The Mouthpiece pretty much freezes in place if it is exposed to the cold for too long. If you push it down it will take a really long time for it the pop up. I found that my pax died in the cold weather and wouldn't start up again until I put it on the charger.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Took my Pax snowboarding. The Mouthpiece pretty much freezes in place if it is exposed to the cold for too long. If you push it down it will take a really long time for it the pop up. I found that my pax died in the cold weather and wouldn't start up again until I put it on the charger.
Yep, Pax no likey the cold. Read the questions and answers on Plooms websitehttp://www.ploom.com/support , it covers a lot of basics, like

Will my Pax work in extremely cold weather conditions?

Pax will work in cold weather conditions if it is kept above freezing temperatures. When out and about in freezing temperatures, keep Pax in your pocket when you aren’t using it to keep it dry. If you intend to store Pax below freezing temperatures, it must be warmed up above freezing temperatures and dry before you turn it on. If Pax appears dead, stick the device on the charger, and it should be ready to go again.
:D

You could always read the vaporpedia page too :D

Mr.Krinkle,

Sonics420

I hate fedex
A house full of people and they cant make a delivery
Sometimes i dnt even think they knock cuz they didnt even ring our door bell.. jst left a note and now i have to wait til Tuesday to get my replacement Pax.

Sonics420,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I hate fedex
A house full of people and they cant make a delivery
Sometimes i dnt even think they knock cuz they didnt even ring our door bell.. jst left a note and now i have to wait til Tuesday to get my replacement Pax.
Thats a bummer, they cram mine in my tiny mail box every time when I ask them every time not to :lol: Its not even in sight of my house. I request a hold every time so that I can pick it up but It doesnt go through.

Mr.Krinkle,

Sonics420

I dnt understand how they see 4 cars in the drive way and they figure no one is home loll

Sonics420,

Medical Mark

Well I have had my pax for a month now and have had no issues as of yet. I thought I would give my two cents just to give my opinion of this device. I lke the pax being so,small and versatile it is well put together and doesn't have many parts to fiddle with but built well. It holds a lot of herb compared to some vapes like the solo, I sold my plenty cause it was to big and not efficient for my taste. It heats up fast and maintains its temp fairly well I use it on the middle temp first then turn it up to high to finish of the load.
I don't mind the taste but I always find that it makes my toung tingle as the vapor hits it and the taste is very sharp. It pulls very smooth and consistant but after a about 5 to 7 good pulls it tapers off and the pax becomes very hot around the bottom of the unit.
Battery life seems to be ok but I find it says one thing and then a other and when I touch the mouth piece it turns collar but always corrects itself though.
The pax is very easy to jam up with resin and the mouth piece is always getting stuck Same with the temp button. Used iso to clean and loosen everything and back to normal. I find the screen kinda easy to gnu up and it also needs to be cleaned continually as well as the outhouse piece. I figure every 6 to 10 sessions I have to clean it so everything functions properly and runs smoothly.
The vapor quality is ok and better then some but again I find the taste off and it gives me a tingling sensation on the tip of my toung which is irritating I must say.
It is effective the bowl lasts fairly long compared to other portables.
The only thing I don't like so,much is the hidden battery which if the battery dies I have to send it away and how hot it gets plus the taste that I get from it my taste buds might deceive me sensitive pallet.

Anyway thought I'd give my two cents not bad but not the best yet, cheers

Medical Mark,

Dillon Lee

I love mine, had it since Christmas. It's great, I take it with me to school to help me study, and even to the bar (I'd rather smoke than drink any night!).

Dillon Lee,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom