Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
ouch. Amurcka. Massachusetts. I live about as far away from them as I could with out actually being in another country (minus Hawaii and Alaska) They did preferred shipping both times, it took a day to get to them and 2 to get back to me. This time they are telling me they are over-nighting it to me.

Mr.Krinkle,

Sweendog

So pumped. It feels like it's taking forever to charge lol.

DSC_1056_zps337a6fd0.jpg

Sonics420

Lucky man wish i was able to have mine repaired on the westcoast. Sending it to FL for repairs feels like itll take forever.. my solo is kinda holdin me over but not as portable/stealth

Sonics420,

Sweendog

Yeah I know what your saying. How long does it usually take to get a full charge?

Edit: lol as I typed that it went green. Time for my first oven :mmmm:

Johnny Flameo

Man i'm pretty... baked...
Had my first warranty experience this past week. Out of nowhere my unit wouldn't heat up. Lights and battery working fine, but connection to the heating mechanism seems to have blown. Covered under warranty and replacement coming in a couple days, but was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problem and know why it happens? I think maybe overheating...

Johnny Flameo,

rendole

ouch. Amurcka. Massachusetts. I live about as far away from them as I could with out actually being in another country (minus Hawaii and Alaska) They did preferred shipping both times, it took a day to get to them and 2 to get back to me. This time they are telling me they are over-nighting it to me.
Well I am out of country, Canada Ontario that is. Idk it's just not that big of a deal for me to be without it for over a week. When the temp button did work I never used it anyways I always preferred to stay on high

rendole,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
Has anyone seen Plooms other product? The ModelOne?

Looks like Pax has a little buddy. A pen sized buddy.

I also found the perfect pax tool it is a spare part that came from a car radio, straight out of the box, and I have been waiting to use it.. This job thing really has me down.

Just legalize it. Make it easy on everyone.

ILoveCollege,

Tweek

Model one works off of a pod system, almost like those single serve coffee machines. I also think it is butane run.

Tweek,

Tweek

Well I am out of country, Canada Ontario that is. Idk it's just not that big of a deal for me to be without it for over a week. When the temp button did work I never used it anyways I always preferred to stay on high

When I sent mine in for repair to Vapeworld, it took a month from the time I shipped to the time the unit got back to me. I had to pay about 20 bucks to send it as well.

That month made me realize how much I didn't miss it. I like it when I use it, but it just is not for me as a main portable.

Tweek

If you are in the U.S that makes sense. I am in Canada, so shipping is more expensive for them to cover I guess. If you buy from Ploom direct they send postage paid.

Tweek,

Sonics420

Wow i regret buyin my pax off vapeworld now.
A month to get your repaired unit back??
And mr krinkle thats weird vapeworld had me pay for postage to send to them too..

Sonics420,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
meh lesson learned I guess. They have paid for probably 80 dollars worth of shipping to me so far.:( I hate to think of the over tally I have going now hahah, I just really didnt want to get stuck with a wonky model.

Mr.Krinkle,

ipax

And mr krinkle thats weird vapeworld had me pay for postage to send to them too..
Who cares where you bought it? I bought mine from VW and I use ploom for the warranty

ipax,

SunDoobie

Yeah I live in CA and bought directly from Ploom. I don't mind paying the CA sales tax because it's inevitable that the PAX will need some warranty repair.

SunDoobie,

Tweek

Who cares where you bought it? I bought mine from VW and I use ploom for the warranty

Ploom told me I had to go through VW for my warranty. I guess who you speak to is a YMMV situation.

Keep in mind that I am in Canada. If you are in the U.S I am sure it will be faster.

Tweek,

SirLoins

Whaaaat?
Does anyone know what type of lubricant Ploom recommends for the Pax? Having heating issues after cleaning the unit and my model didn't come with lubricant packs. Customer service has offered to send me some but that could take a few days!

Thanks

SirLoins,

Sonics420

Naw every time i asked ploom for help they tell me go to VW
Im gettn a new pax shipped so VW been doin me right so far.

Sonics420,
Long time reader (from when I was researching my MFLB that I have happily had for two years)... first time poster. Here we go!
I just received my pax ploom via UPS 2 Day Air today. Haven't ever had it fully charged since I got it. (Although I did manage to pre-burn it quite a bit before first usage). Took it to the weekly Hump Day festivities and wow this thing is unbelievable. I have been reading here and researching ferociously before i ended up getting it when I got my bonus. So far I have had the purple light of death but only when the battery finally ran out. It ran out after a half hour+ of straight party-mode vaping and repacking madness. It wasn't even 100% and we ran it on medium. Could not be more satisfied. I'm pretty high tolerance but smoking the current bud I have and vaping it in the pax are two totally different experiences. This thing really made clouds and had me genuinely laughing out loud lifted.

The downsides were that it does get quite hot on the oven lid side and eventually it needs to be recharged. Additionally, this thing BANGS like pot. People will know if you've been near or are carrying weed, if you're in an indoors setting.

Mine is recharging finally from tonight's unveiling. My friends are thoroughly impressed as am I. My buddy who was going to buy my MFLB, batteries, case, and power adapter for $150 I encouraged to not and save to buy this instead. I couldn't possibly sell him that now, knowing that this device exists.

Lastly, I got two packets of mouthpiece lube included in my box. Is that normal for the newer packages? I also ordered a second mouthpiece, screens, lid, and cleaning kit. So worth it. I don't know who these mega-connoisseurs are that hate this device but it gets the job done!

SunDoobie

I consider the light shifting normal when related to draw, for example oven is heated and LED is green, a long hard draw can make the oven get cold enough that the LED will go to purple while Pax reheats the oven back up to set temp -- I would consider that normal operation.

The part I do not consider "designed as intended" is when the functioning Pax stops heating mid session with simply the pressure of lips on mp or even just handling the Pax sometimes. In this case the temp light issue occurs while Pax unit is fully operational and I wasn't taking a long nor hard draw. What actually happens is that my session gets unintentionally interrupted as the Pax circuit stops heating the oven and the yellow/orange/red LED comes on. It is possible to workaround the issue, I fiddle with the Pax and mp and the LED will go back to purple and eventually to green and I can then resume my session again. That's just the way of the Pax, i have figured. It is an awesome little portable vaporizer but has a few finicky traits that are not that big of a deal to me.

THis is what I am experiencing currently. It goes to green, I inhale leave it for a while maybe 10 seconds, and it stays on orange! I mess with the mouth piece it goes back to purple then sometimes green but mostly orange! I am good at cleaning this sucker too.. max used >5 times then I clean. Is this where the LUBE comes into play?

OK I figured out how to apply this lube via the Ploom website.
http://www.ploom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/12-1211_Lubricant_Application.pdf

So far it worked! Green means GO :science:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Long time reader (from when I was researching my MFLB that I have happily had for two years)... first time poster. Here we go!
I just received my pax ploom via UPS 2 Day Air today. Haven't ever had it fully charged since I got it. (Although I did manage to pre-burn it quite a bit before first usage). Took it to the weekly Hump Day festivities and wow this thing is unbelievable. I have been reading here and researching ferociously before i ended up getting it when I got my bonus. So far I have had the purple light of death but only when the battery finally ran out. It ran out after a half hour+ of straight party-mode vaping and repacking madness. It wasn't even 100% and we ran it on medium. Could not be more satisfied. I'm pretty high tolerance but smoking the current bud I have and vaping it in the pax are two totally different experiences. This thing really made clouds and had me genuinely laughing out loud lifted.

The downsides were that it does get quite hot on the oven lid side and eventually it needs to be recharged. Additionally, this thing BANGS like pot. People will know if you've been near or are carrying weed, if you're in an indoors setting.

Mine is recharging finally from tonight's unveiling. My friends are thoroughly impressed as am I. My buddy who was going to buy my MFLB, batteries, case, and power adapter for $150 I encouraged to not and save to buy this instead. I couldn't possibly sell him that now, knowing that this device exists.

Lastly, I got two packets of mouthpiece lube included in my box. Is that normal for the newer packages? I also ordered a second mouthpiece, screens, lid, and cleaning kit. So worth it. I don't know who these mega-connoisseurs are that hate this device but it gets the job done!

Hey man, glad you are happy with your PAX.

I don't consider myself a mega-connoisseur but i do in fact dislike the PAX in more than one way. If i can enlighten you in some way, let me share why i dislike it:

1- The conduction design dissipates the flavour too fast
2- The bowl is too big for my daily needs and it won't work as satisfactoraly without a fair amount in it
3- It needs cleaning constantly (i am a bit lazy. )
4- it keeps cooking a lot when you are not hitting it (less efficiency.) and if you leave mid-session it takes long enough to cool that it keeps cooking and wasting precious compounds.

I do like how it looks, and how stealth it is and the battery life is great compared to other vaporizers this small. But the 4 reasons above, coupled with my vaping preferences (taste above all else, only compromise is $), other vaporizers on the market and the fact that i stopped vaping too close to people in places where i can't, make my decision even easier.

I rather spend $250 in a vaporizer that is not as stealth but delivers a lot better in other areas.

But i guess between mega-conoisseurs, and know-it-alls, the decision is always entirely yours. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom