• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

icenine

Regarding the smell/detection at clubs or concerts I've found that it depends mostly on the type of material being vaped.

If I have some pungent material, heads tend to turn fairly quickly. So what I've come to do is to use it in the bathroom. I know that's not as heady as sharing a sesh with your friends and not missing any tunes, but in stricter venues I think this is the way to go. Several times people in the bathroom have wondered where the dead skunk is, but they never know for sure because there's no smoke trail to follow.

Beaunaire

Flatter, huh? I just cleaned it out and this time it went in pretty well. It sits at the ss hole end kind of like an elongated C.

Beaunaire,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Regarding the smell/detection at clubs or concerts I've found that it depends mostly on the type of material being vaped.

If I have some pungent material, heads tend to turn fairly quickly. So what I've come to do is to use it in the bathroom. I know that's not as heady as sharing a sesh with your friends and not missing any tunes, but in stricter venues I think this is the way to go. Several times people in the bathroom have wondered where the dead skunk is, but they never know for sure because there's no smoke trail to follow.
Thats what I do, except when I smoke hahah :) havent had the privilege of using a pax at a show yet as every other week it is to or from transit from Ploom. When I smoke I dont stay in there, I go into a stall, take the biggest hit I can possibly hold, I kill everything in the bowl in one hit so theres nothing behind to smolder, then I quickly leave and go into the crowd, blowing the hit down as I go. The smoke thins out as it usually takes me a good 45 seconds to get back to the crowd. People may smell it, but they certainly wont know where it came from.

Mr.Krinkle,
Reactions: ogcook

Great idea. I was just a little too confident that my Pax was undetectable in a crowd. Not so much. Although the guy definitely could not pinpoint where it was coming from, it was a little too close for comfort for me, especially because I suspect this particular douchebag was coordinating with a cop right outside the club. A cop had his lights on out there, and when the SG gave up looking for someone, I saw him walk out there and the lights went off. A little suspicious.

MrNorml

So, 2 weeks in and I thought I'd roll a pure j as a treat... Tasted revolting. Thought I would smoke blunts/js every now and again but it appears that the pax has ruined that for me :)
This is not ideal- I haven't had any issues so far but I'm quite concerned that if I do I will have no way of medicating for several weeks. Do you seasoned vets suggest getting a back-up pax or buying another vap? I primarily vap at home and I'm quite tempted by the vivape2 or the volcano (or another if it's recommended more highly by y'all).
Thanks in advance.
Solo or Q

Maggy

I've been lurking here for a month now and have just recently purchased the PAX. Unfortunately, the unit is already experiencing some trouble. After a full charge (indicator shows green), the unit will "die" after a few hours whether I use it or not. When I activate the mouth piece, the light indicator would just flash purple for a split second then die. Depressing it and activating it once again, the indicator wont even flash, as if it's completely dead. Once I put it back on the charger, it recharges to green (full battery) in a matter of minutes. What's going on here? Even once it's fully charged again , it won't turn on unless I depress and activate the mouth piece several times.

I need to add: when I manage to get it to work, it works perfectly...

I would send it back to Ploom, but I live in Canada so the process would take quite a while I would imagine. Any way I can rectify this,but or is sending it back too Ploom my only option?

Maggy,

unknownlegend

I decided to purchase a pint bottle of food grade propylene glycol and a few small amber eye dropper bottles from Amazon; the plan is to use a drop of the stuff on the mouthpiece stem every time I do a cleaning with a pipe cleaner instead of using the packets of lube from Pax whish are difficult to seal after use; I think using a dropper and having an easily accessible supply of lubricant makes the most sense. Since owning the Pax for a few months I've also noticed that there's a lot of accumulation of debris at the air hole in the mouthpiece top, and I use a dental brush to clean this out after occasional use along with a pipe cleaner from below. I've gotten into the habit now of cleaning the Pax every other time it's used and this works for me.

unknownlegend,

Sweendog

Did the order always come with 2 free lube packs or was that added because of the "heat light" issue? Do you guys suggest putting a little on the mouthpiece before I even use it?

Sweendog,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Id try using it first, I've seen them not do it at all even under heavy use ( One of the models I returned do to defective battery was used A LOT, didnt need to be lubed, cleaned, or have any temp light issues. ) Use it a week and see how it works. The lube tastes like shit and you will at some point get it in your mouth haha- On A SIDE NOTE! I honestly don't like smoking as much now that I am used to the Pax, BUT and this is a big but, dont get all preachy and smug about vapes around your friends that dont own one. My friend that got me interested in vaporizers is the biggest preachy douche when it comes to vapes. You seriously have to listen to him spew saftey and burn temp facts the whole time smoking. It almost made me not want one. All I can think of is the Prius episode of Southpark, "Smug Alert" where everyone that owns a Hybrid congratulates each other, smells their own farts out of wine glasses, and constantly talk about the benefits of owning a hybrid. http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155193/thanks Dont be like this. If someone passes you a bowl, hit it, or pass on it, please dont make yourself and other pax owners look like a total douche by telling your friends you're above smoking. I am not saying you are a douche for being above smoking, I am just saying, dont be the smug pax owner :D

Mr.Krinkle,

rendole

So I've been loving the pax since I got it but there's one problem. I can't change the temperature anyone, I made not sure everytime I cleaned it not to get iso on the temp light button because I knew it would cause problems but I guess I failed somehow and now I can't change the temperature. Sometimes I can change it if I push hard enough but most of the time that doesn't even work. Now it's not that big of an issue since it's stuck on high but I wanted to do more experiments on medium and now I can't. Do I have to contact ploom to get a new pax because honestly I'd rather just to keep it then be away from it for 2 weeks.

rendole,

Sonics420

So I've been loving the pax since I got it but there's one problem. I can't change the temperature anyone, I made not sure everytime I cleaned it not to get iso on the temp light button because I knew it would cause problems but I guess I failed somehow and now I can't change the temperature. Sometimes I can change it if I push hard enough but most of the time that doesn't even work. Now it's not that big of an issue since it's stuck on high but I wanted to do more experiments on medium and now I can't. Do I have to contact ploom to get a new pax because honestly I'd rather just to keep it then be away from it for 2 weeks.

Same happened to me bro, vapeworld told me to pry around the button, but that made my situation worse.
Im sending my pax back to vapeworld today and hopefully they can fix it for me, I'll miss my pax greatly -sigh- but i learned my lesson and probably will rarely use ISO to clean it again.

Itll be worth the fix, i like starting my ovens on low/medium and killing it on high.. having 1 temp is a bummer.

Sonics420,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Same happened to me bro, vapeworld told me to pry around the button, but that made my situation worse.
I know this may sound dumb, but have you tried more iso to clean it and loosen it? :lol: Worse case it cant get "more stuck" I think the problem is having the iso carry resin in and around the button, essentially gluing it in place.

Mr.Krinkle,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

This happens to me once in awhile. I just very gently wiggle it back and forth to break it free. Don't push it down. You will loose the button down into the Pax.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

vladinator99

HI All,
Great thread, been lurking for a while, decided to post.

Had my 1st pax returned after 2 months, jammed temp button. Return process was smooth as silk: got Ploom on chat in 5 secs, sent them only the pax same day, they sent me replacement in a new box with a charger and all the accoutrements. Now I have one charger for work and one for the office and a new screen to boot!

After 3 months the second Pax is dead. Took it off the charger after a full charge and it would not turn off - went into green light with no heat. Took off mouthpiece did not change anything. Placed it into charger and it flashed yellow several times then turned off. Now it won't turn on at all. No lights at all when mouthpiece is on/off. When I place it on charger it flashes and then turns offs. Tried to get ploom on chat, but only email reply was available. Hope they will reply today, otherwise it will be a second weekend without the Pax.

PS - noticed the second pax draws easier than first.

vladinator99,

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
I strongly suggest sending it back. I had to send my first pax back because of an infamous blue light issue (non-fixable). It took ten business days to get my new one, but it is flawless. The other day i was thinking "man, i'm glad i had to return that other one, this one runs way better". Also, I believe Ploom needs to know about each and every flaw that this unit has, in order for it to be corrected. If everybody is walking around jerry-rigging their pax's and putting up with the quirks, then Ploom will have a false sense that their unit is better than it really is.The squeaky wheel get's the grease.What good is a ten year warranty if you don't use it? I'm prepared to send my unit back every week,if need be, but fortunately my pax is a beast. :evil:

theEmpire

I've been lurking here for a month now and have just recently purchased the PAX. Unfortunately, the unit is already experiencing some trouble. After a full charge (indicator shows green), the unit will "die" after a few hours whether I use it or not. When I activate the mouth piece, the light indicator would just flash purple for a split second then die. Depressing it and activating it once again, the indicator wont even flash, as if it's completely dead. Once I put it back on the charger, it recharges to green (full battery) in a matter of minutes. What's going on here? Even once it's fully charged again , it won't turn on unless I depress and activate the mouth piece several times.

I need to add: when I manage to get it to work, it works perfectly...

I would send it back to Ploom, but I live in Canada so the process would take quite a while I would imagine. Any way I can rectify this,but or is sending it back too Ploom my only option?

I was experiencing a similar issue. The fix was actually very easy. It seemed the problem was with how clean my PAX was & how the mouth piece aligns when clicked to the "on" position. And is quite common.
So the unit was fully charged, but was showing a red light. that is the Temp setting, not the "low power" light. For a few weeks I was pressing the mouthpiece with my fingers to get the light to change from red to green & be functional. Then I contacted PLOOM's customer service. They sent me a new mouthpiece & their brand of mouthpiece lubricant. I assume this lubricant is pretty basic & could be replaced with most food safe lubricants used in food processing. They haven't offered it for sale on their website yet.
Here are the steps I do to keep my PAX fully functional.
•take off the mouth piece. make sure the chrome stem is clean. I use an alcohol swab, wipe it down & let it air dry. Then I apply a small drop of the lubricant to the moving ring on the mouthpiece stem. I rub it in there good & make sure it's applied evenly & thats it. I try to keep it clean & simple. I then put the mouthpiece back on the unit. click it down to the off position. then click it up. that should be it. but sometimes it seems like its just slightly off on the alignment like I mentioned before. In those situations, I click it on, get the (red, orange, yellow) light. I pinch the top of the mouthpiece , lightly turn it counter clockwise & I barely feel it click into place. green light.
Now I just regularly keep it clean & lubricated.
Hope that helps.

theEmpire,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
So my 3rd Pax was deemed defective (It wasnt my outlets! I just have increadably bad luck!) they are sending me a new one today! yayyyyy!!!!
Edit- And a shirt this time! Yayy!!!!! hahha

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
So my 3rd Pax was deemed defective (It wasnt my outlets! I just have increadably bad luck!) they are sending me a new one today! yayyyyy!!!!
Krinkle, you really do have shit luck! I've bought one pax and it's been flawless ever since I got it. Atleast you've got that great warranty to fall back on!

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Yep! I do! hahaha- they said this model would be vetted in house, so if it breaks this time I will punch a baby. YES. PUNCH. A. BABY.

Mr.Krinkle,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom