• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Just made a cool discovery while preparing my Pax for a concert tonight: A simple contact lens case like the one below holds the perfect amount of herbs for a fully packed oven. So what looks like my contact lens case is actually a double-pack of refill fun on the go.

Oh yes, I will abide tonight my friends. American Aquarium on tap. And I am on my way. Cheers my fellow Paxers!

71gvbL4N01L._SL1500_.jpg

Most people who use these. Use one side for fresh herb and one side for ABV. :2c:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Most people who use these. Use one side for fresh herb and one side for ABV. :2c:

ahah, i thought i was the only one who figured out this trick. I don't use contacts but i have a friend who does and i always thought that it would be the perfect on-the-go abv case. I also weighed my ABV for one side of the case, and it was 0,5g so one case has 1g of ABV. It is great to track my usage with no scales.

I do one thing differently though.. i use one side for ABV and the other for unfinished bowls. This way i don't have the " it is still heating and i'm losing actives" problem when i leave a session unfinished, which is great for all you Pax'ers due to the conduction design of this unit.

I think i might start using two cases, one for unfinisheds/ABV and the other for Grinded/ungrided. (just thought of this right now. :D)

JoeKickass

I know nothing about soldering or batteries. I own no tools required for that nor would I know what to do with them. I guess I'd have to return it. I just used my pipe and it was terrible. I haven't touched it in months but it tasted terrible and I just feel dirty. Vaporization has seriously spoiled me.
Yeah I'd def send it in, why void a ten year warranty, that's where the value is..

I don't know if you have wax or oil, but I recommend using beeline rather than a lighter, pack a really small bowl (my hashpipe works great) and topping it with a pea-size blob of oil or wax. When you hit it don't let the flame touch the bud and avoid cherrying. Try to "vape" all the oil/wax then when the bud looks dry and charred and wants to burn just toss it. You only lose that terrible ass hit at the end of the bowl and the beginning tastes much better imo.

JoeKickass,

Vitolo

Vaporist
If you must feel like you "beat the system", by not using vape manufacturers accepted tubing, at least go to USPlastics for food/beverage grade Tygon.
I do not even bother trying to save that small amount any more.. it is often stiffer, and only saves me pennies per foot~

Beaunaire

New poster, been lurking and reading through the thread. I found that I get the best cleaning of the oven with it on hot and iso on a q-tip. I leave a pipe cleaner in the main shaft to keep iso from running through to the temp button end and just leave it on while I'm swabbing. Prior to that approach I had some brown residue that I just couldn't remove. Had some issues with the temp light problem that have mostly gone away, however I've had Vapeworld send me some lube. Exactly where do you recommend that I apply it? There's a small ring collar on the mp stem, is that the moving part that gets hung up?

Beaunaire,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
This may or may not be food grade, I am just guessing it is as it is used to suck up boiling gravy. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=10690463 Cut the round part off the rubber plunger and youll be left with a ~2 inch connector, its really really thick and flexible, and theres a few different ways to use it (attach it to the neck of the bong, attach it to the pax, attach it to a slide, etc) For the price you cant beat it, and I bet a lot of you have one these already for bho (the reason I had one). I bought mine in person at the local bed bath beyond and it was $3.50.

There's a small ring collar on the mp stem, is that the moving part that gets hung up?
Thats where I suggest, people say Ploom says apply liberally to the whole thing but I can tell you from experience don't do that. It'll get inside the part of the mouthpiece that your lips touch and it tastes like asshole. I'd say first give it a larger good sized drop in the locking collar and then insert it, take it back out and wipe it off, leaving behind the excess in the recess of the collar. After that just use a tiny dab for upkeep. I have to say that the lube will not help 100% of the time, the model I just had sent back would not fix from lube. I used it lightly for 3 days, the light was persistent from the day I got it, before even one pack (I was looking for issues thats the only reason I noticed, it was my third model) The lube did absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing. Even after cleaning it spotless inside and out with qtips and pipe cleaners.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Mr.Krinkle,
Reactions: Beaunaire

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
the glass butts right up to the mp, theres no vapor touching the hose.
its not the vapor touching the hose thats a hazard, its that they heat up and off-gas, id just find an alternative for safe measures. If it gets hot enough its 100% going to get into the airway regardless of how close the mouthpiece butts up to the glass. I was reading 120 degrees is enough to do this, which is with out a doubt in range of what the mouthpiece gets after a long session (if your using it for long bong rips. Even not attached to a bong the plastic mouthpiece gets 100 degrees or more easily. I'll run a test with a mechanics thermometer to see how hot it gets after a long session just in case it is with in range.)

Mr.Krinkle,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
its not the vapor touching the hose thats a hazard, its that they heat up and off-gas, id just find an alternative for safe measures. If it gets hot enough its 100% going to get into the airway regardless of how close the mouthpiece butts up to the glass. I was reading 120 degrees is enough to do this, which is with out a doubt in range of what the mouthpiece gets after a long session (if your using it for long bong rips. Even not attached to a bong the plastic mouthpiece gets 100 degrees or more easily. I'll run a test with a mechanics thermometer to see how hot it gets after a long session just in case it is with in range.)
This is why I like my GonG adapter that I came up with. There is a little bit of tube in mine but it's medical grade straight from an oxy tank set up.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

HarryJane

The Pax I have been watching collect dust finally got used today as I scored some maria.
I've had 3 iolites and a mflb (BRIEFLY-I honestly don't know what everyone sees in those)
Love the silence and speed of the Pax. Great feel in the hand, cool lights, amazing design, etc etc
It is going to be perfect for me who needs to be able to go quick and stealth.
I do miss the length of the sessions with the iolite a bit but I was putting a lot more material in to it and I hated the hissing gas!
Out of the box the Pax had a bit of a flimsy (and touchy) feeling spring behind the mp release/on off switch, but that was expected after lurking here before I bought.
Never tried a low (or even medium) temperature session. That's next.

QUESTION IS: Has anyone traveled by air with their Pax? What did you do with it? Your material? Thanks. Happy vaping.

HarryJane,
A bit of a disappointment came up with Pax last night at a concert in club. It had me nicely toasted on low, and I had been through a few short sessions on one packed oven with a honey sandwich. Towards the tail end of the show, though, one of the security guys obviously caught the scent of it and went on the hunt. I ended up having to pocket it for the rest of the evening. It was a smaller crowd, so that was part of it, but it does concern me that in a semi-crowded club, the odor was strong enough for someone to detect it that much.

It was kind of funny. The dude was one of those types who obviously thinks his dick has grown six inches when he puts on his black "SECURITY" shirt and hat. He knew someone was smoking, but he couldn't figure out where is was coming from. I was watching him weave through the crowd sniffing like a little bulldog, just knowing he was going to get his big bust. He was looking for smoke and couldn't find it. I had already pocketed the Pax by then, and he never came my way, but he weaved back through the crowd and ended up back behind me scanning the crowd. Dickhead. Such hypocritical bullshit. I have to believe at least half of their motivation for being that strict about it comes from them not liking you bringing your own party favors instead of buying their tiny ass solo cups of drinks for $5.50 each. No problem everyone getting blitzed out of their minds on their high priced drinks, but vape a little herb...CRIMINAL!!!!

Anyway, it's a worthless argument in the face of hypocrisy. It makes me less enthused about going back to that club, which is otherwise a really nice place, and it concerns me about using my Pax in public places at all. I was surprised that he picked it up then because I had just turned it back on after a break and had not even taken a draw from it yet. It had just turned to green on its first rewarm.

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
If you must feel like you "beat the system", by not using vape manufacturers accepted tubing, at least go to USPlastics for food/beverage grade Tygon.
I do not even bother trying to save that small amount any more.. it is often stiffer, and only saves me pennies per foot~
i have an account with usplastics cause i buy buckets off them, what particular type is the best? theres quite a selection. probably one with a high working temp? I wasnt trying to beat anything, i didn't think it mattered because the vapor wasnt traveling through the tube. my ignorance.

welderboy,

spaceshipbob

So, 2 weeks in and I thought I'd roll a pure j as a treat... Tasted revolting. Thought I would smoke blunts/js every now and again but it appears that the pax has ruined that for me :)
This is not ideal- I haven't had any issues so far but I'm quite concerned that if I do I will have no way of medicating for several weeks. Do you seasoned vets suggest getting a back-up pax or buying another vap? I primarily vap at home and I'm quite tempted by the vivape2 or the volcano (or another if it's recommended more highly by y'all).
Thanks in advance.

spaceshipbob,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
So, 2 weeks in and I thought I'd roll a pure j as a treat... Tasted revolting. Thought I would smoke blunts/js every now and again but it appears that the pax has ruined that for me :)
This is not ideal- I haven't had any issues so far but I'm quite concerned that if I do I will have no way of medicating for several weeks. Do you seasoned vets suggest getting a back-up pax or buying another vap? I primarily vap at home and I'm quite tempted by the vivape2 or the volcano (or another if it's recommended more highly by y'all).
Thanks in advance.

Get a home unit, check the Ask FC section first and the ABV section. Lots of threads with similar questions as your own. I would not get a Vivape or a Volcano if i were you but that is just my opinion.

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
Here's the battery in situ:

bgYdgh.jpg

That is a BAK 3.7V 2600 mAH C18650CC. The tabs are soldered. Good luck.
could you cut the tabs off at the battery, strip off some of the heat shrink, get a new battery with tabs already on, then just solder the two tabs together? or maybe solder small female spade connectors onto the wires, and plug them onto the tabs of the new battery? any thoughts folks?

welderboy,

gosaints420

Thanks in advance.

Definitely get a backup but I'd stay away from the Vivape. Check this thread out.

JoeKickass

Thanks in advance.

I use the flashvape a lot so it's a good backup for me, but before I had one this was my favorite way of "minimized combustion"
I don't know if you have wax or oil, but I recommend using beeline rather than a lighter, pack a really small bowl (my hashpipe works great) and topping it with a pea-size blob of oil or wax. When you hit it don't let the flame touch the bud and avoid cherrying. Try to "vape" all the oil/wax then when the bud looks dry and charred and wants to burn just toss it. You only lose that terrible ass hit at the end of the bowl and the beginning tastes much better imo.
I like the hash pipe bowl because it's narrow and you can put it out with your thumb.

Well, I had another good experience out with my Pax lastnight. Great venu, great show (hot buttered rum) Pax did not let me down, though out of respect for the venu I use it outside with the smokers.

I'm thinking that is exactly what I will do next time. I was surprised that someone picked up the smell so easily when it was the fourth time I had heated up that load (so it was not a fresh oven) and I had just rewarmed it, not even hit it once at this point, when the SG picked up the smell. Learned a lot about my Pax in public Friday night. I have to be much more cautious. As ridiculous and hypocritical as it is, it is unfortunately illegal still where I live.

Spaceshipbob: You definitely want to get a home unit. The Pax is wonderful, but it's best served as your on-the-move, portable vape. Get a plug-in unit for the house, like a Buddha or a SSV or a Cloud if you have the ching. Look around, mucho options and more appearing all the time. If you are anything like me, you'll want to start collecting different vapes for different uses -- and as more vapes appear, it's amazing how many different uses you can come up with. :p It can be a bit addictive for a gadget freak like me.

Beaunaire

Having a minor problem with my screen, can't really seem to lodge it in to the point where it stays put. It used to jam itself in pretty well when the bottom of my oven was caked with resin but since I've gotten that cleaned up it just pops out real easily. This is an issue when I try to pack my stuff down, it see-saws under the pressure. It's just a smidge bent on one end, should I bend it some more? Thanks.

Beaunaire,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Having a minor problem with my screen, can't really seem to lodge it in to the point where it stays put. It used to jam itself in pretty well when the bottom of my oven was caked with resin but since I've gotten that cleaned up it just pops out real easily. This is an issue when I try to pack my stuff down, it see-saws under the pressure. It's just a smidge bent on one end, should I bend it some more? Thanks.
Had this exact problem last night after a heavy cleaning and a heat cleaning on the screen. I just flattened the screen back out and re-bent it, then it went in nice and tight like usual.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom