Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be certain since no one responded to this question before: There IS no coupon to use through Ploom, right?

TheDudeNextDoor,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I haven't seen any good discounts on the pax yet. If you go through vapeworld you can get a free grinder or t shirt or something...

jambandphan03,
Reactions: SoCalShore

xhighflyerx23mjx

Dude, I was in the same mindset that you were in about 2 months ago when I first was doing research on purchasing a vape. My Pax is the only vape that I have owned but not the only vape that I have experienced. Little to my knowledge at the time of my purchase of the Pax along with the assistance of the wonderful people here at FC for their knowledge and willingness to experiment with new products I lost my job and money still is pretty tight because I haven't found employment yet.

With that said and knowing the "issues" that the others were having with their unit I came into this purchase with my eyes open and all I do is apply the simple knowledge of "A clean Pax is a happy Pax". Not my personal quote but certanily an appropriate one. In the morning after medicating the evening before, I will take a couple minutes, clean my Pax, put it on the charger, and then I know that all will be ready to go again when I need to medicate for that day. I did have a minor issue with the battery charger but the Ploom customer service is the best that I have ever come across. They are compassionate about the need to be medicated and they don't waste any time trying to fix your issue and get you back to medicating.

I spent the $250 and not for one moment have I had buyers remorse. I went into this vape relationship with my eyes open knowing the flaws and accepting them. And really, the company completely backs their customers and goes above and beyond. (sorry for the e-bay purchases out there...I really felt your pain and frustration) Losing my job and my insurance benefits have been a huge disappointment to me and if I didn't have my Pax to help me through it I would be a lot worse off then I am now.

The Pax ownership isn't for everyone but knowledge is everything and if you can accept its little flaws and adjust to them, then the Pax just might be for you.

This may be what I needed to hear in regard to knowing if I should buy the Pax. I will have no problem cleaning this regularly as I have many glass pieces and know that any device that let's you enjoy the beautiful herb works best if cleaned properly and consistently. With that being said, I hope to own one sometime this month. Of course I will get back to you guys with my experience which should be spectacular considering I have been on a THC hiatus for the past 2 months.

xhighflyerx23mjx,
Reactions: SoCalShore

Norlin

Classic Rocker
Could somebody with a pair of calipers (or even a tape/ruler) measure the amount of exposed shaft (That's mouthpiece shaft) ABOVE the collar? Would really help me out.

Norlin,

KRnoS

So I cleaned it out really thoroughly, and used the little teeth cleaners in the spring area(for the first time) and it works wonderful. As if it were day 1 again, nice and fluid motion of the mouth piece. So this is a pretty high maintenance device (as we all have learned) but damn it is absolutely great when it's been freshly cleaned

xhighflyerx23mjx

For the owners, how much flower do you find you are vaping with the Pax daily with comparison to your tolerance level?

xhighflyerx23mjx,
So I cleaned it out really thoroughly, and used the little teeth cleaners in the spring area(for the first time) and it works wonderful. As if it were day 1 again, nice and fluid motion of the mouth piece. So this is a pretty high maintenance device (as we all have learned) but damn it is absolutely great when it's been freshly cleaned

What are these "little teeth cleaners" you mention? I haven't seen that reference before.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
For the owners, how much flower do you find you are vaping with the Pax daily with comparison to your tolerance level?

Can you word this question differently? I'm not really understanding what you're asking. I vape until I feel the effects. Different amounts depending on many diffident factors.

SoCalShore

I agree with DeadShort but I also wanted to add that it depends on what your personal needs are and the type of herb you are using. For a sativa I can pack a 3/4 oven tight and use it all day on low when needed and at times I still am able to use some the next day. When I use an indica I usually pack 1/4 or a little less tightly in the oven on low and medium and that will take care of my needs at night.

However, in the beginning its really all an experiment and just have fun with it. You will go through a little more herb than usual but once you figure out how it can help you then you know how to regulate the loads a little better and use it more efficiently.

Just keep in mind that everybody's body is different and we all have different needs. For fun and recreation, anything goes....just be responsible and safe. Happy Vaping!!

Tweek

It's here. I sit and stare at it's taunting orange charge light.

Edit: First impressions. Slick. Hits like a champ. Burns my lips :goat:

Tweek,
Reactions: Vitolo

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Found a nice quiet spot in Animal Kingdom to enjoy a bit of time with my Pax and a few pretty birds.

2012-11-05133915.jpg

Sonics420

It's here. I sit and stare at it's taunting orange charge light.

Edit: First impressions. Slick. Hits like a champ. Burns my lips :goat:
yeah itll stop burning your lips after u use it a few more times.. it stopped for me

Sonics420,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I get the lip burning as well...it stops?

deadshort, you are killing me as I have spent the last three months trying to figure out what is the best theme park vape! The MFLB is great for everything except me needing a lot of hits. How long are your theme park sessions with the pax?

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
What is the best thing to do with ABV? I don't Pax on high often.. so my flower has some color left to it. That being said, I know you have to have a good amount to do something, but what should I save my ABV for?

ILoveCollege,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
My sessions have ranged from a bathroom stall session, to a couple quick hits while walking. l can hit it with ease at any smoking section because the tobacco smell is overpowering.

The Tree of Life
2012-11-05150231.jpg

Impressive.. and I have hit this at parties with smokers, and no one even looks my way when I do it..

ILoveCollege,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
What is the best thing to do with ABV? I don't Pax on high often.. so my flower has some color left to it. That being said, I know you have to have a good amount to do something, but what should I save my ABV for?

I keep my ABV, especially if it's lightly roasted. You can do many things from cooking to making concentrate with it, I even re-vape my lighter ABV to conserve my greens when things get slim. You should utilize the search feature either here, or through google on many different ways to use your ABV so we don't jam this thread up talking about it. I find that my Pax on high gives me really dark ABV that I keep in another jar. Not sure how many actives are left in there, but it probably wouldn't hurt to add it to a tincture.

jambandphan03,

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
I keep my ABV, especially if it's lightly roasted. You can do many things from cooking to making concentrate with it, I even re-vape my lighter ABV to conserve my greens when things get slim. You should utilize the search feature either here, or through google on many different ways to use your ABV so we don't jam this thread up talking about it. I find that my Pax on high gives me really dark ABV that I keep in another jar. Not sure how many actives are left in there, but it probably wouldn't hurt to add it to a tincture.

I have searched a bit, but in looking deeper, I found this. http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/1035918-made-qwiso-first-time-success.html

*Sorry for linking an outside forum, Mods edit if not kosher.

/ENDTHREADJACK

My pax is going through its first deep clean. I clean it weekly, but this is the first deep clean. I can't wait to have a brand new pax.

KRnoS

More like, a Clean Pax is a Happy Owner, otherwise we are full of rage with how a $250 device can be "fucking up." I guess after every two ovens I'll give it a thorough cleaning. I bought like 50 pipe cleaners and 40 of those tiny dental toothbrush/pick hybrids.

KRnoS,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom