Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Holy sh!t, that is one thing I can't complain with the performance of my pax. I've never been more medicated in my entire life! But I should qualify that I am new to vaporizing altogether- aside from a bit of hash between to hot knives... But another strange malfunction tonight to report... tightly packed a grinder-full of some high grade and took the dog for a walk. First session on medium, normal function. Nice huge clouds on medium with these nice sticky buds I have. Took three real long draws, then put it in my chest pocket, mouthpiece up as I always try to do while it's warm. About 20 minutes later, warmed up for a new session still on medium, after maybe 20 seconds the purple warmup light just turned orange, then I shook it and after showing me a green battery it went orange for a few seconds and then resumed normal operation. I'm about to clean it out real good, but I guess I have to contact Ploom about this. I'm gonna try and baby this PAX until when my next paycheck is gonna bring me a new home vape of some sort, I can tell you that. I'm gonna do some research here on the forum and find the most toruble free, reliable vape on earth. I CANNOT go back to smoking! I guess I have discovered the hassle involved with vaporizing, it's too fucking technical for a luddite like myself. I might make a lightbulb vape... I haven't smoked any herb in a week, and I'd rather not.

Still kinda like this PAX, despite these issues, but getting less impressed with this "marval of technology". Hope Ploom is easy to deal with, I bought at a head shop a long ways away from me... I'd rather mail it back myself.
That is just your temp light, it is the issue that has been explained here in the past 20 pages or so. You will need to clean around the air path tube where the mouthpiece connects to the Pax (near the temp button) there are very detailed instructions along with pictures just a few pages back... Feel free to contact Ploom, but they will most likely tell you it is a cleaning issue. If you get a blinking orange light for no reason, that is different. But a solid orange when you have it set to med. temp is the mouthpiece not making full contact due to buildup.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

ipax

Would anybody mind posting a reference to what temp they dump and refill at? A pic would be great so I get an idea of the color. Right now i've been dumping it when it turns dark brown (into a container, I'm going to try to make brownies with the leftovers, as somebody suggested)

Also whats the consensus on the best way to fill the oven? from what i read in here it sees like it might be a good idea to put some herb in, then add some spent herb ontop of that to fill the oven pack and enjoy.

ipax,

Jethro

My ABV is a dark brown color. Sorta coffee-ish color. I'll try to take a pic soon. Even more than color though, I go by smell. When it starts to smell a whole lot like burnt popcorn, it's time to repack.

The best way to fill the oven I have found is to grind very fine and fill right up to the max. About as much as I would roll in a decent size joint, packed very tight. Once cooked that block solids up quite a bit and I'm almost always able to flip the block over in one solid piece after 7-10 good draws and then get maybe 7-10 more. Almost all on med, sometimes I even like low, but almost never high as I find it takes the taste away too quick.

Jethro

That is just your temp light, it is the issue that has been explained here in the past 20 pages or so. You will need to clean around the air path tube where the mouthpiece connects to the Pax (near the temp button) there are very detailed instructions along with pictures just a few pages back... Feel free to contact Ploom, but they will most likely tell you it is a cleaning issue. If you get a blinking orange light for no reason, that is different. But a solid orange when you have it set to med. temp is the mouthpiece not making full contact due to buildup.

What is the blinking orange light, becuase I have seen that as well I believe.

I just cleaned that sucker spotless, there was quite a bit of resin on the pipe cleaner, so hopefully my issues will be solved. It has yet to let me down, I find if I shake it it goes back to working just fine most times. Either that or click it open and closed again. That does it as well.

I'm gonna medicate again before bed, so I'll update in the morning.

Jethro,

Jethro

Sorry, still amazed anyone is saying it's not medicating them! LOL! I'm absolutely ROASTED tonight!

Happy Halloween!

Jethro,
Hell, for some reason copy/paste text is all fucked up.

I heard back from Ploom concerning expected battery life and the concern over the non-replaceable battery. They replied saying that after 300 full charge cycles, the battery would be at 80 percent. They also said that a battery replacement program was in the works and assured me that it would be in place well before I would need a battery replacement.

So that sounds promising.

:lol: I know. I was trying to edit the stupid thing and no matter what I did, the pasted text had a white filler around it. Finally just had to summarize. I was afraid someone would see it and be all wtf? lol

TheDudeNextDoor,

xhighflyerx23mjx

I have been reading up on the Pax for the past few weeks or so and I believe this is the portable vaporizer I would like to get. I am only hesistant with this vaporizer because I have read about problems with the units whether or not they have been cleaned consistently according to user posts in this thread. After seeing a lot of positive reviews and more negatives than I would like, I am still on the fence whether or not I want to buy this unit. I understand it has a 10 year backing, but I do not want to send in my portable for repairs once or twice a month which it seems as if people are doing. I understand this unit needs to be cleaned regularly (which I have NO issue with) but people are reporting problems even when that is the case. To be spending $250.00 on a unit that works well when it is not malfunctioning is not worth it to me. I would rather pay the same price for a unit with no malfunctions at all.

I plan on making a purchase within the next month or two. Is there any information on any "upgraded" units that they are working on among all these problems? If I keep the Pax clean consistently (which I plan on doing) will these malfunctions be an issue?

xhighflyerx23mjx,

Jethro

I plan on making a purchase within the next month or two. Is there any information on any "upgraded" units that they are working on among all these problems? If I keep the Pax clean consistently (which I plan on doing) will these malfunctions be an issue?

All I can tell you is that I bought my PAX about a week ago and they said they had just come in, so I have to assume mine is as recent as they get. My experience has been that this device is a little buggy, I do keep it pretty clean but I have super sticky buds that I enjoy in it- maybe I need to increase my cleaning schedule. I use it daily and have cleaned it twice in the past week that I have owned it. Still, none of the issues I've had has kept me from being able to use it, any strange lights have been fixed by removing and replacing the mouthpiece, or just clicking it closed and then open- oh, also shaking the unit has worked.

And like I've said in the posts I've made, although the PAX has been a little funky, I still love it. But I wouldn't give it a 100% recommendation to anyone. It's too buggy and I've only owned it a week.

Jethro,
It has now almost been two weeks since I ordered my mouthpiece from vapeworld. USPS lost the package and I had to scan a signed sheet and email it to vapeworld saying that I never received the order. I asked them to express the package since this has been a considerable pain in the butt for me not to mention the fact that I haven't been able to vape in all this time. I'm kind of pissed because they emailed me yesterday asking for me to scan the signed paper and I took the time to do that and I have still not heard a response from them. I'm also mad because they could have sent a new mouthpiece on Tuesday... now it is Thursday and I still have not received any confirmation that they are even sending a new mouthpiece..... When will this nightmare end?

Futuretvowner,

xhighflyerx23mjx

All I can tell you is that I bought my PAX about a week ago and they said they had just come in, so I have to assume mine is as recent as they get. My experience has been that this device is a little buggy, I do keep it pretty clean but I have super sticky buds that I enjoy in it- maybe I need to increase my cleaning schedule. I use it daily and have cleaned it twice in the past week that I have owned it. Still, none of the issues I've had has kept me from being able to use it, any strange lights have been fixed by removing and replacing the mouthpiece, or just clicking it closed and then open- oh, also shaking the unit has worked.

And like I've said in the posts I've made, although the PAX has been a little funky, I still love it. But I wouldn't give it a 100% recommendation to anyone. It's too buggy and I've only owned it a week.

Well when you say a little buggy, what exactly happens? Do the "strange lights" affect it's use? I am just worried about it not working efficiently or being able to use it at all. Like I said in an earlier post, do you think it is due to people not cleaning it or cleaning it almost daily? I understand this unit gets a lot of praise and I can understand why but like I said earlier, people say it works beautifully only when it is not malfunctioning which seems to be the case a lot. I hope cleaning it regularly will keep the unit problem free.

xhighflyerx23mjx,

UnixRasta

Do they have an online store / name? :D Or do you think they'd be willing to offer that price to non-locals and ship it domestically? :)

Here is their website: http://theglasshousetx.com

Like my original post stated they have the PAX for $240.00 retail, then I have a full
discount punch card for an additional 15% off...
Those are the cards where you get one punch for each purchase etc.
I used to buy a lot of glass... :ko:

UnixRasta,

xhighflyerx23mjx

I have seen the Pax used with bubblers, but I have a PHX HD glass piece single honey comb perc. Has anyone tried using a larger glass piece with the Pax? What were the results?

xhighflyerx23mjx,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I'm so used to not even using the high setting at all that I haven't tried it on high through water yet.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: willieR

BarneyBud

So I am a bit disappointed with Vape World. The battery in my Pax malfunctioned and so I have to send it back to get fixed/replace. However, the company won't pay for the shipping charges. I'm a canadian customer and I've already had to pay 40 dollars just for it to cross the boarder the first time. I don't mind having to send it back, it's just a tad frustrating that I have to pay for more shipping when its a faulty device. :(

BarneyBud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've been hearing this complaint about a lot of distributors and manufacturers. maybe it should be expected of anyone buying something from another country?

stickstones,
Reactions: willieR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom