Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapedUp

IMO, not very surprising they wouldn't be open today. Honestly, i think it's a bit unreasonable to expect pax would have customer service open on the weekend. In the real world that is.

VapedUp,

MailFTW

seriously, for the non OCD people, all you really need to do for cleaning is heat the unit to green light so the resin isn't hard stuck to unit making easier to wipe off, stick a pipe cleaner with light coating of iso through the tube once a week (may vary depending on how heavy you smoke. i smoke often and once a week is fine), wipe the oven and screen using iso and q-tip, change the screen maybe every few weeks or more, and clean the mouth piece detached and using iso, can also soak. Takes 2 min.

** when sticking pipe cleaner through tube, be careful not to get iso on the temp btn. Hold the unit unit temp btn side facing the down so gravity will help. Also pipe cleaner should not be dripping iso.
big help! Thanks a ton

MailFTW,

ats314

IMO, not very surprising they wouldn't be open today. Honestly, i think it's a bit unreasonable to expect pax would have customer service open on the weekend. In the real world that is.

some are, some aren't. It could be a factor in someone's decision so I posted what I know. They aren't open on weekends.

ats314,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
A handful of off-topic posts were removed. Let's keep this thread on topic please. Here are some forum rules that need to be observed:
  • If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post.
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
These aren't complicated. Further breaking of the rules will result in warnings.
Thank you!

donald420

Does any1 here know much about the charger and getting converters etc i posted aomething about it bit for aome reason its not there. Need to know asap cas my pax will be arriving any minute thanks

donald420,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
What type of converter?

When I want to really efficiently clean my Pax, the way I clean is like this. Turn the unit on high with nothing in the oven. Wait til it's heated up and slowly draw through the mouthpiece thereby heating the tube. Remove the oven door and mouthpiece and slide a dry pipe cleaner in and out a few times and pop the screen out, let it soak in some ISO. This should clean the tube efficiently because the resin is hot and will attach itself to the pipe cleaner. Make sure you have not left any cotton pieces from the pipe cleaner. Replace the oven door and mouthpiece. Heat the unit again. Take the mouthpiece off and clean the mouthpiece tube out with a dry pipe cleaner. Clean the top of the mouthpiece with a dry a qtip. Clean the draw hole out with a toothpick. Replace the mouthpiece and heat the unit once more. Remove the mouthpiece and oven door. Clean the oven with a pipe cleaner that has been bent doubled over. The interior walls of the oven likes to hold onto resin the same way the screen does. You can clean the interior walls with a qtip with a little ISO on it. Take the screen out of the ISO and scrub it with the rough side of an ordinary household sponge. Replace the screen. Take that qtip with ISO on it and wipe the oven door with it then wipe clean with a paper towel. Replace the oven door and mouthpiece. You're good to go.

For those looking for a packing tool, your Pax comes with one. The short edge of the oven door is all I've needed to pack my loads.

EDIT: You can buy shoelaces with brass tips. These can also be used to clean the tube and they won't leave any cotton left over. Just slide the tip down the tube and then floss the tube.

donald420

What type of converter?

When I want to really efficiently clean my Pax, the way I clean is like this. Turn the unit on high with nothing in the oven. Wait til it's heated up and slowly draw through the mouthpiece thereby heating the tube. Remove the oven door and mouthpiece and slide a dry pipe cleaner in and out a few times and pop the screen out, let it soak in some ISO. This should clean the tube efficiently because the resin is hot and will attach itself to the pipe cleaner. Make sure you have not left any cotton pieces from the pipe cleaner. Replace the oven door and mouthpiece. Heat the unit again. Take the mouthpiece off and clean the mouthpiece tube out with a dry pipe cleaner. Clean the top of the mouthpiece with a dry a qtip. Clean the draw hole out with a toothpick. Replace the mouthpiece and heat the unit once more. Remove the mouthpiece and oven door. Clean the oven with a pipe cleaner that has been bent doubled over. The interior walls of the oven door likes to hold onto resin the same way the screen does. You can clean the interior walls with a qtip with a little ISO on it. Take the screen out of the ISO and scrub it with the rough side of an ordinary household sponge. Replace the screen. Take that qtip with ISO on it and write the oven door with it then write clean with a paper towel. Replace the oven door and mouthpiece. You're good to go.

For those looking for a packing tool, your Pax comes with one. The short edge of the oven door is all I've needed to pack my loads.

Its a powertech plus mp-3484 input 100-240VAC 50/60Hz output 9VDC 1.66A if you google that it should hopfully come up
thanks heaps

donald420,

Deadshort480

Its a powertech plus mp-3484 input 100-240VAC 50/60Hz output 9VDC 1.66A if you google that it should hopfully come up
thanks heaps

I'm not finding a whole lot of info on the converter, but from the specs you've given me about input and output, it sounds as though it should work fine.

Deadshort480,

donald420

I'm not finding a whole lot of info on the converter, but from the specs you've given me about input and output, it sounds as though it should work fine.
Yeah i couldnt find much myself but thats the only 1 i could get haha. Sweet as hopefully it doesnt fuck my pax up haha it should be here any minute

donald420,

MailFTW

What type of converter?

When I want to really efficiently clean my Pax, the way I clean is like this. Turn the unit on high with nothing in the oven. Wait til it's heated up and slowly draw through the mouthpiece thereby heating the tube. Remove the oven door and mouthpiece and slide a dry pipe cleaner in and out a few times and pop the screen out, let it soak in some ISO. This should clean the tube efficiently because the resin is hot and will attach itself to the pipe cleaner. Make sure you have not left any cotton pieces from the pipe cleaner. Replace the oven door and mouthpiece. Heat the unit again. Take the mouthpiece off and clean the mouthpiece tube out with a dry pipe cleaner. Clean the top of the mouthpiece with a dry a qtip. Clean the draw hole out with a toothpick. Replace the mouthpiece and heat the unit once more. Remove the mouthpiece and oven door. Clean the oven with a pipe cleaner that has been bent doubled over. The interior walls of the oven likes to hold onto resin the same way the screen does. You can clean the interior walls with a qtip with a little ISO on it. Take the screen out of the ISO and scrub it with the rough side of an ordinary household sponge. Replace the screen. Take that qtip with ISO on it and wipe the oven door with it then wipe clean with a paper towel. Replace the oven door and mouthpiece. You're good to go.

EDIT: You can buy shoelaces with brass tips. These can also be used to clean the tube and they won't leave any cotton left over. Just slide the tip down the tube and then floss the tube.
Wow! So much help. I wasn't expecting that! Thank you.

MailFTW,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Donald I am fairly sure it was discussed way earlier in the thread. Try to do a search. I know nothing about that stuff so I don't even remember the info.

Dreamerr,

donald420

Donald I am fairly sure it was discussed way earlier in the thread. Try to do a search. I know nothing about that stuff so I don't even remember the info.
I have had a look and everything but i dont understand much of that shit lol. Im pretty sure i have the right 1 but was just wondering if any1 on here could confirm it before my pax arrives cas i want to charge it up and use it as soon as it gets here haha

donald420,

Deadshort480

It appears that the output of your converter may be slightly higher than the output of the charger that the Pax comes with in the amperage area, but it is a negligible amount and shouldn't cause issues. I would say that you are good to go.

Stock charger output : 1.3A
Your converter output : 1.66A

Deadshort480,

donald420

It appears that the output of your converter may be slightly higher than the output of the charger that the Pax comes with in the amperage area, but it is a negligible amount and shouldn't cause issues. I would say that you are good to go.

Sweet as thanks for the help bro. It says my pax is in a fedex vehicle and has been since 8am its now 12pm and i dont know how much longer i can wait haha

donald420,
Ok so this is a little off topic but I have been vaping with no combustion for about a month and yesterday a friend gave me a ride to the airport. So we were allegedly smoking a bowl and I have to tell you it was gross. Not to sound like a snob but all I could taste was butane. It was so bad that I could only take a few hits. This has me worried as most my friends only combust back home(where i am flying)Has anyone else had this problem?

Wait, are you saying that smoking tastes like ass?

This is news to me!:rolleyes:

:nod::tinfoil:
i wouldnt say it taste like ass but it taste(like butane)different for sure. He got the first hit and my hit wasn't pleasant(and yes it was quality bud from a known dispensary)Maybe I am just used to vaping. Again I haven't combusted for a month and once I get home and back to my Pax I don't plan on combusting again(unless I absolutely have to)

mod note: Edited to fix quote tags

TheAngryGiraffe,

Dreamerr

Ok so this is a little off topic but I have been vaping with no combustion for about a month and yesterday a friend gave me a ride to the airport. So we were allegedly smoking a bowl and I have to tell you it was gross. Not to sound like a snob but all I could taste was butane. It was so bad that I could only take a few hits. This has me worried as most my friends only combust back home(where i am flying)Has anyone else had this problem?

I have done the same exact thing. I took one hit a few weeks ago but it was a spent bowl so didn't really think about it. Today I wanted to see after over a month of no combusting what is the difference in effects and taste. The effects for me are better with one hit of a pipe as opposed to vaping but the taste is soooooooooo gross and butane ewwwwwwwwwww. I don't think I can go back unless I find another way to light it. I am not into playing with magnifying glasses and other ways. Besides that I ended up dropping the lite pipe on the floor and didn't even know until I went looking for it.:bang:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
To combust...... hempwick is the key ;)

Taste of butane always grossed me out

smokum,

Deadshort480

I have done the same exact thing. I took one hit a few weeks ago but it was a spent bowl so didn't really think about it. Today I wanted to see after over a month of no combusting what is the difference in effects and taste. The effects for me are better with one hit of a pipe as opposed to vaping but the taste is soooooooooo gross and butane ewwwwwwwwwww. I don't think I can go back unless I find another way to light it. I am not into playing with magnifying glasses and other ways. Besides that I ended up dropping the lite pipe on the floor and didn't even know until I went looking for it.:bang:

Phedor, non butane lighter.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: Dreamerr

ats314

I went to the store and bought a new power supply, hoping that would fix the no charge problem. It did not. I can now say it's not the power supply that is the problem. It's weird, the Pax seems to function normally, as does the power supply. The only piece that seems to be malfunctioning is the docking station, which is basically just some metal connections and plastic, is it not? Any other ideas?

ats314,

Dreamerr

I think I would burn my house down with the hemp wick but that Phedor sounds like a plan now where do I get one. I still may burn my house down but not as easily.

Edit: Does it last forever and a day cause at $150 it better. Wow that is expensive.

Dreamerr,

Deadshort480

I bet a .177 caliber pellet rifle boresnake would clean the tube very efficiently even without an initial heating.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: ShipDit
To combust...... hempwick is the key ;)

Taste of butane always grossed me out

See I never had a problem with the taste of butane. In fact I never noticed it before I started vaping and rather enjoyed the taste of a combusted bowl of flower. I have to admit I was even skeptical of the idea of a website called FuckCumbustion. I now know I was wrong.

TheAngryGiraffe,
Reactions: Nycdeisel
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom