Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

willieR

Been here since 2009
My tiny "dental brushes" just arrived. Wow are they small. Like dental floss with bristles. Non-absorbent plastic bristles would seem to be the ticket to pick up any dust, lint, etc around that vapor path by the switch

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I hope they work willieR, I have ordered some of those too, and waiting for them to show up. I guess I'll have plenty for my teeth if they turn out to be a dud.

JoeKickass

My tiny "dental brushes" just arrived. Wow are they small. Like dental floss with bristles. Non-absorbent plastic bristles would seem to be the ticket to pick up any dust, lint, etc around that vapor path by the switch

Just make sure the bristles don't accidentally "flick" resin onto the temp button...

I think the spring mouthpiece contact circuit is connected to the pcb with wires so it's possible someone with the temp light issue might have a loose wire, but I think it would be almost impossible to make it stay on for more than an instant. If your temp light comes on and wiggling the mouthpiece works then it's definitely resin not a loose wire, a loose wire would only start working if you shake the Pax itself.

JoeKickass,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
They must be doing a copy paste, that was the exact reply I got on one of my times contacting CS chat...

I got the same response just now, but I didn't read the thread first.

The method seemed to fix my temp light issue tho!

On another note, my Pax is a ninja

2012-09-27_16-48-39_836_zps5a0cf1ce.jpg

Dammit

Double post!

mod note: Instead of deleting this, I'm posting a note to tell you and others that if you get a server error, please refresh the page before re-posting, but be sure to copy your post into the clipboard first. In most cases, your comment is actually posted.

Dammit,
Reactions: t-dub

Dammit

I got the same response just now, but I didn't read the thread first.

The method seemed to fix my temp light issue tho!

On another note, my Pax is a ninja

2012-09-27_16-48-39_836_zps5a0cf1ce.jpg
Nice stickers! Were you the one that asked for a fan pack instead of the free grinder?

Dammit,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Maybe a dirty pax is a happy pax.

I used to use those dental brushes for my teeth and from what you all say that should do you well. I just threw out a bunch. I am mad because I never thought of using them for my vapes.

JDSupreme I will consider that ninja pax my Halloween request. Can we get some more dressed up pax's

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Nice stickers! Were you the one that asked for a fan pack instead of the free grinder?

lol i forgot I even put those on there til you pointed that out

They came with my Pax from vaporstore. Never had the free grinder choice, but I would have turned it down for the stickers, 2pc 1.5" Kannastor FTW

JDSupreme,

Dammit

lol i forgot I even put those on there til you pointed that out

They came with my Pax from vaporstore. Never had the free grinder choice, but I would have turned it down for the stickers, 2pc 1.5" Kannastor FTW
I just remembering someone asking for something else besides the free grinder a retailer was offering. I think they ended up getting stickers and a t-shirt or something like that. I ended up getting a free Dimebag carry case from PV. I don't even use it though because I don't like the added bulk. I just roll with my pax in my pocket, along with pre-ground flower and one of my tamping/poker tools inside a dube tube.

Dammit,

donald420

Yeya my onyx pax is on the way and should be here on monday, fucken hope it gets through customs and Is not a faulty unit.. is there a special way i should treat the battery to make it last longer? like do a Couple hours charge for the first Charge i know this has prob already been mentioned somewhere in this 149 page thread haha any help will be appreciated

donald420,

Dammit

I usually put my pax on the charger overnight and I'm pretty happy with my battery life. That's pretty much the only time I need to charge it, as it usually last all day.

headdoctor

I'm picking mine up tomorrow, so I should soon have a better sense of how the thing works. I've got one question for the moment: I gather that clicking the mouthpiece up activates the unit to start heating. Does taking the mouthpiece off do the same thing? I'm wondering if it's possible for the unit to be accidentally turned on while in a knapsack or suitcase, and whether there's any way to prevent that.

headdoctor,

JoeKickass

whether there's any way to prevent that.

Taking the mouthpiece out turns on the light but not the oven. I think taking the mouthpiece out and putting it on the charger will turn off the light too, but any kind of small bag or glasses case or sock bundle will prevent something pushing the mouthpiece so I usually leave it in.

JoeKickass,

headdoctor

Thanks. I will get some kind of small case for it, and it's good to know that taking the mouthpiece off will not turn on the oven--though it sounds like doing that and turning on the light would run down the battery. I know that I'll be leaving the Pax in a suitcase in hotel storage for a few days and obviously I don't want someone moving the bag and inadvertently activating the oven.

headdoctor,

druminfected

I think most people just thought i had an mp3 player or something, its way too damn sleek to be thought of as a smoking device, unlike those all the other vapes, even the nicer ones look suspicious, but the pax is just different..

That is until you put it to your lips and start inhaling :D

Yeh outside, i don't think you will have a problem. I did this inside a comedy club and had it heat in my pocket and was going to draw when it was green, but already had friends next to me looking over and others smelling something.

waiting to get my inhalater again but so far, I've had better success with my Inhalater honestly. I tried doing the same thing, and it was less noticeable. One thing that attracts everyone to the Pax is the looks, that's for sure, hell that's why I wanted to pick one up! If only that resistance wasn't there I would prolly like it a lot more, but i'm trying to like the pax! Until I get my unit back to do a full review on both pax and inhalater, I guess I'll keep my mouth shut about them both as much as I can until then :D

IMO the most discrete way to medicate would be with a Portable Oil vaporizer. It just smells different and much much less noticable, especially if you just hold it in. I've used my omicron and HVD omicron in a friday movie release with people to my left and right and it wasn't even noticable.

I actually even asked the people if they smelled anything during the movies and they didn't :p
So as far as portable flower vapes, the smell is just going to be more noticeable than an oil vape IMO.

JoeKickass

IMO the most discrete way to medicate would be with a Portable Oil vaporizer. It just smells different and much much less noticable... So as far as portable flower vapes, the smell is just going to be more noticeable than an oil vape IMO.

I agree 100%, the only problem is that the oil tastes like it smells (like ass)

It's so much more enjoyable to vape flower IMO, don't vape with intolerant public, just duck out to the handicapped stall in the bathroom for 3-8 minutes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom