Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I just opened my Pax and they changed the temp button.

The temp button is now clear and you can see white light shining through.

You can obviously see the white light reflecting inside the top left.

I don't know if the temp button is ISO safe but I'm not going near it.

DSC01389.JPG

I'm not sure if this is the new mouthpiece but i took a pic.

DSC01392.JPG

It is now on the charger.

I do agree with the people who said the charger is cheesy. It just doesn't go with the Pax.

Hopefully an upgrade to the charger is in the works.

I would buy it.

Instead of just a plain white light. It would of be cooler if the clear temp button showed the color change of the temperature that your on. ( which at first i thought it did change colors )

Not that I'm complaining.

Just my observation.

Come on.................green light.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
I just got done cleaning my Pax and had an idea. Like most people on here I don't use Iso in the vape tube I just use a dry pipe cleaner while the unit is still hot. But today I put a small piece of tape covering the top vape hole next to the temp button.
tempbutton.jpg

Now I am able to use Iso and get the tube fully clean. Again this is not necessary just an idea.

TheAngryGiraffe,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I just got done cleaning my Pax and had an idea. Like most people on here I don't use Iso in the vape tube I just use a dry pipe cleaner while the unit is still hot. But today I put a small piece of tape covering the top vape hole next to the temp button.
tempbutton.jpg

Now I am able to use Iso and get the tube fully clean. Again this is not necessary just an idea.

Great Tip!

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

biglos201

Just got my pax and put it right on the charger. Patiently waiting for the light to turn green! Good to see all if the feed back and tips for optimal use !

jambandphan03

in flavor country
hi jamband how is it going with the new tube you ordered?

Are you referring to the black 3/4" silicone tubing? It's working well, I just pop the Pax into one end, pop the other end onto my 18mm fem. downstem and it's ready to go.

jambandphan03,

willieR

Been here since 2009
New mouthpiece arrived. Please let me most humbly apologize to anyone who has previously complained about the mechanical action of this new mouthpiece. I had presumed any difference in operation would be minor. I mean, WTF how big a deal could this be?

Well... It's a big deal. This new mouthpiece takes a great degree of cool out of this. No way I'm using it. Mine's working and I'm doing JoeKA's mod just as soon as I dig up his post with the file and pics.

Looking at the new mouthpiece, there's been quite a bit of re-tooling. I'm clueless how this works, so I'm not sure what the problem was or how this attempted to fix it. After a week, mine's not had any odd occurrences. I clean daily while hot with no Iso except on oven lid. A pipe cleaner alone puts a major shine on that stainless steel airway. Just like the Dude always said.

Peroy

figured out the purpose of the o-rings, basically they stop the device from sliding back and fourth very slightly when you open/close the mouthpiece. i noticed my screw getting loose often in my pax without the o-rings, i'm probably going to put some electrical tape in place of the o-ring to make it tighter fit in the shell.

What about some rolled up teflon tape? i experimented with this, you can twist it up and its about the same thinkness of the original o-rings. It even sticks together when you complete the circle.

Temperature wise, since the Pax doesnt get up past 410* there shouldnt be any risk of it degrading or off-gassing.

willieR

Been here since 2009
Jamband, a buncha posts ago I expressed my growing grumpiness from not getting my thick-milk-in-a-glass fix. So what's up with this? When's the strike over?

willieR,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'm praying that instead of it saying delivery on Wednesday, I'm praying for an out for delivery message tomorrow when I wake up. Then I might have to stay home, LOL.

I'm worried about the smell in my pocket. Do I need a pouch or case or something? Will that cover smell? I plan on using it on medium :-).

Also, if I clean after ever use, does it smell of residual MMJ? Thanks.

newVaper420,

JoeKickass

I do agree with the people who said the charger is cheesy. It just doesn't go with the Pax.

Hopefully an upgrade to the charger is in the works.

I would buy it.

It'll grow on you, I kind of like the charger because you can leave it on the floor and just pop your Pax on at the end of the day before you go to bed and pick it up when you wake up. (easier than a plug) You can charge upside down too if you feel like it...

JoeKickass,

HSIHP

I'm praying that instead of it saying delivery on Wednesday, I'm praying for an out for delivery message tomorrow when I wake up. Then I might have to stay home, LOL.

I'm worried about the smell in my pocket. Do I need a pouch or case or something? Will that cover smell? I plan on using it on medium :-).

Also, if I clean after ever use, does it smell of residual MMJ? Thanks.

Mine smells pretty bad when I'm using it and for about 5 mins. after I'm done. I usually take a few hits at a time so I have stuff in there all the time and I found that it does stink but only when you are pretty close to it. Anyone who knows that smell will pick it out pretty easy but as far as an unknowing bystander I think it would be over their head.

That said I have a small pouch that my wife made for an ipod. She used to sell them and its pretty much to pieces of thick fabric (thicker then a bed sheet but less than a pair of jeans) sewed together and folded over with a button. There is no smell at all once its in there and it is still small enough to put in my pocket.

JoeKickass

Well... It's a big deal. This new mouthpiece takes a great degree of cool out of this. No way I'm using it. Mine's working and I'm doing JoeKA's mod just as soon as I dig up his post with the file and pics.

What?? Those are some strong words... I mean is the mouthpiece loose and wiggly or something?

Looking at it, I expect it to lock closed from open exactly like normal. But when you press it down to unlock, I'm guessing there is a bit of a tug on the mouthpiece as the hook slides down that big trench and then a hesitation as it hits the slope on the way up? So more like a retractable pen where there is a defined "click"?

I think I could get used to that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom