Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
If you mean the blue tubing in my picture that fits the 14mm joint, I believe that was the:1 / 2" ID  5 / 8" OD 1 / 16 wall thickness

code # 5236K45 (SOFT) silicone in the second column. You click on the code # and a window pops up to the left of the page so you can pick how many feet, and what color. They also have a different kind of check out system. You send in your order with your info, and then they calculate shipping and send you a final total in an email. They are fair, and I paid around $4 for my last shipment.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/121/=jc8c4p

TM2zl.jpg

druminfected

If you mean the blue tubing in my picture that fits the 14mm joint, I believe that was the:1 / 2" ID  5 / 8" OD 1 / 16 wall thickness

code # 5236K45 (SOFT) silicone in the second column. You click on the code # and a window pops up to the left of the page so you can pick how many feet, and what color. They also have a different kind of check out system. You send in your order with your info, and then they calculate shipping and send you a final total in an email. They are fair, and I paid around $4 for my last shipment.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/121/=jc8c4p

TM2zl.jpg

much appreciated for the link and code and everything!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
To you have to heat it to make it fit? The tube looks thick and hard to pull that far.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
it is pretty stretchy, but I did have to give it a little extra tug to get it over the mouthpiece. It was a little tricky, but once I got it on, it wanted to stay for a while. Used it for days before it popped loose. I did not heat it. You have to choose the SOFT silicone to get the stretchy kind.

Hey Jamband thanks for posting that. I guess you missed my earlier post (page 131) where i said you were awesome and asked more specifically about the tubing. My question was out of curiosity why you picked the 'high-temperature silicone rubber tubing' instead of, say, the 'crush-resistant silicone rubber tubing' that resists almost 60 degrees F more? I know the Pax doesn't get crazy hot but I was wondering that maybe the other tube would stay put for longer.

In any case, thanks for the link. I'm going to order the tube for myself now.

Just wanted to confirm that this high-Temperature Silicone Rubber Tubing, Soft, 5/8" ID, 3/4" OD, 1/16" Wall, Black

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/121/=jaos90

would fit a Mobius Ion Matrix bubbler (the one you have right?)

awesome vids btw :)

Sorry.. that tube allows the Pax to sit upright over the bubbler stem without needing to hold it?

mod note: Back-to-back posts, merged. Please use the Edit button, thanks.

el_floripondio,

Hoosier

Long time lurker, first time poster checking in...

I have been vaping for a couple of years now, after a decade+ of daily smoking. having first purchased a vapir no 2. I was a lucky one, as my no 2 never demonstrated the plastic smell/taste issues that many experienced...that vap treated me well for a long time, until I dropped it a few weeks back.

After doing a lot of research here on FC, I pulled the trigger on a Pax back at the end of August...after seeing the expected delivery date push back and pass, I couldn't wait and went out and got a mlfb...great little device, and a super-conservation piece...I liked the mlfb so much that I considered canceling the pax...

Pax arrived yesterday. It is not going back! Amazing taste on low, and the wifey and I were well medicated with ease. I wanted to register as a thank you to all the contributors to this site and urge anyone who is still combusting to make the switch, as it has never been easier than with the pax...

hey JB never mind my question. The one I suggested has walls that are probably too thick.
I ordered the black one you mentioned for the 18mm piece. Thanks!

el_floripondio,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
hey JB never mind my question. The one I suggested has walls that are probably too thick.
I ordered the black one you mentioned for the 18mm piece. Thanks!

I chose the soft silicone because it's flexible, and stretches. I don't know how the other kind would work as I haven't tried them. I hope it all works out for you.

jambandphan03,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
My Pax is acting up tonight. When i turn it on the light goes from white to whatever temp i set it at but does not turn purple then green unless i jiggle the mouthpiece. Who's better at handling the problem, Ploom or Vaporstore ?

VaporsVaporizer,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
go to ploom support chat tomorrow between 9-5pst, if this fix doesn't help. That is a common problem, try cleaning inside your mouthpiece tube with a qtip and iso (pull some of the cotton off so it will fit), make sure it's good and dry, then try again. They will tell you to clean it really good, also try "actuating" the mouthpiece, which is clicking it up and down over and over quickly, to remove build up from the mechanism in the tube. They will also send you a replacement mouthpiece if you try all the things I am telling you, and it still acts up. You will have better results on the chat, they are slower to respond with email. Good luck.

Dammit

Hmmmm...I still haven't gotten my new mouth piece yet, and I talked to Ploom about 2 weeks ago. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada. How long has everyone else waited for their new mouth piece, especially other Canadians? I'll wait at a couple more days before I contact Ploom again to follow up

Dammit,

dudeeitsbrian

Hmmmm...I still haven't gotten my new mouth piece yet, and I talked to Ploom about 2 weeks ago. Maybe it's because I'm in Canada. How long has everyone else waited for their new mouth piece, especially other Canadians? I'll wait at a couple more days before I contact Ploom again to follow up
took 2 days from the time they shipped it to get to me, i'm in the usa though.

dudeeitsbrian,

HSIHP

My Pax is acting up tonight. When i turn it on the light goes from white to whatever temp i set it at but does not turn purple then green unless i jiggle the mouthpiece. Who's better at handling the problem, Ploom or Vaporstore ?

You should try dipping the tip of the SS tube in some ISO and CAREFULLY stick it down around the spring making sure not to drip on the temp button. Do this a few times and then click the mouthpiece on and off for 30 seconds. Thats what Ploom told me when I asked them a few days ago. I wasn't having a problem with my Pax I just wanted to try to get another mouthpiece out of them for free. :cool:

I'm still loving my Pax. I visited my parents this weekend and nursed one very tightly packed bowl for three nights first on low, then med, then high. I was a little weary about it being much less efficient than other vapes but I'm finding that if I treat it right there is plenty to go around.

Dammit

took 2 days from the time they shipped it to get to me, i'm in the usa though.
My problem is that they didn't ask me for my email address so I didn't get a shipping confirmation email. Just gave them my mailing address in the chat and they said they were expecting to ship them out last week.

You should try dipping the tip of the SS tube in some ISO and CAREFULLY stick it down around the spring making sure not to drip on the temp button. Do this a few times and then click the mouthpiece on and off for 30 seconds. Thats what Ploom told me when I asked them a few days ago. I wasn't having a problem with my Pax I just wanted to try to get another mouthpiece out of them for free. :cool:

I'm still loving my Pax. I visited my parents this weekend and nursed one very tightly packed bowl for three nights first on low, then med, then high. I was a little weary about it being much less efficient than other vapes but I'm finding that if I treat it right there is plenty to go around.
Dipping the ss tube in iso and pushing the mouth piece in and out works well. Just be sure to take the mouth piece off afterwards and wipe your pax down to soak up all the resiny iso or else it'll leave a sticky residue and lead to more problems.

I'm running low and I agree that the pax can do a good job stretching out your supply if you use it right. Last night 2 half bowls starting at low, med, and then high, with some stirring here and there, did the trick for me. Usually, I might use 3 or 4 times as much in a night, starting at higher temps...if I'm fullly stocked, that is.

purplekush604

If i was to pull the trigger on the pax, would i get the new mouthpiece ? Secondly, should i order directly from Ploom, or the vaporstore? any other suggestions? This will be my first vape, many of my friends have the volcano.

Thanks?

purplekush604,

HSIHP

im sure its been answered and if so someone send me to the page but i cant read 133 pages to find out.

im basically just wondering, what the best technique to getting the biggest, milkiest, fattest hits of the pax. i have one now and i just want to know the best way to hit it

I actually just tested three different methods tonight and had pretty good success with all three. First i tried a cigar puff style, taking shallow puffs in one continuous inhale. Then I tried just taking one medium length very slow draw. Lastly I took short but fast hits, which was the only method I did not enjoy. The first two though made pretty equal clouds but I found the cigar type hit to feel the best.

Hoosier

If i was to pull the trigger on the pax, would i get the new mouthpiece ? Secondly, should i order directly from Ploom, or the vaporstore? any other suggestions? This will be my first vape, many of my friends have the volcano.

Thanks?

You will get the new mouthpiece. I would order directly from ploom, or if you are looking for a free grinder, check out vw

Hoosier,

willieR

Been here since 2009
When I received mine as part of that September 10th stock, it came with the old mouthpiece.

willieR,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so even with the new mouth piece, and after cleaning everything really good, I am still getting the temp setting light, and have to adjust the mouthpiece until it switches to heating...not sure what's up. Might be the first design flaw that none of the quick fixes are working to really fix?? not sure...

**I just sent them another email, for no other reason than to document my issue, since there is no record left in chat (that I know of) but there is if you email them through the support page on the website...

jambandphan03,

dudeeitsbrian

so even with the new mouth piece, and after cleaning everything really good, I am still getting the temp setting light, and have to adjust the mouthpiece until it switches to heating...not sure what's up. Might be the first design flaw that none of the quick fixes are working to really fix?? not sure...
i have 2 pax's, so i requested 2 new mouthpieces, and heres what i noticed...

the first mouthpiece i received i tried on my onyx pax, when i did this it was still doing the temperature color thing quite often. once i got my second mouthpiece (they sent them seperately), i tried that one on my black pax, it worked perfectly, no temp light issues at all anymore. the weird thing is i put the first mouthpiece i received on my cobalt pax and it works perfectly, no temp light issues with the same mouthpiece that caused these issues on my onyx pax, so its really hard to pinpoint the problem.

dudeeitsbrian,

Hoosier

When I received mine as part of that September 10th stock, it came with the old mouthpiece.

WillieR, I know you didn't get yours until that sept 10 timeframe, but I think you got one of the last v1.0... I (back)ordered mine on 8/28, with overnight shipping and didn't get my shipping notice unit 9/14 and rec on Monday the 17th, and I got the new mp....

Hoosier,
Reactions: willieR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom