Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
so even with the new mouth piece, and after cleaning everything really good, I am still getting the temp setting light, and have to adjust the mouthpiece until it switches to heating...not sure what's up. Might be the first design flaw that none of the quick fixes are working to really fix?? not sure...
same here have been clicking it closed and back open or wiggling it in the slot to make it return back to the heat pulsing purple mode. I've noticed once it gets to green it doesn't give me any problems.

kushcabbage,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ok, so I guess Ploom has more work to do...well, what I said to them was basically, I am reporting the issue, and can live with it as long as I can still get it to work. But I think it's important for them to know how many people are having trouble with this, so they might fix it for future pax production, if it can be fixed.

jambandphan03,
Anyone here who got successful in shipping it overseas? They say Ploom.com doesn't accept credit cards outside the US.

dissociative,

Sonics420

hey everyone, im new to the forums but i just ordered a black pax last night through vapeworld. great guys they hooked it up with a discount on overnight shipping so i should get my pax in a few hours or hopefully soon, whenever fedex comes around..

cant wait to use this thing, my bday is in 2 weeks but i couldnt wait any longer and just ordered lol.

im coming from an AtmosRaw which is great but it combusts, so i cant wait to really be vapin.

druminfected

I do agree with the people who said the charger is cheesy. It just doesn't go with the Pax.

Hopefully an upgrade to the charger is in the works.

I would buy it.

Someone I seen has a updated and modded charger for the pax in their signature and where to buy it. I'm pretty sure it's their site, but it definitely looks much better than the one you get from pax. I took a look at the site a few days ago and it was 30$. I'll see if i can search and find the signature/link

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Someone I seen has a updated and modded charger for the pax in their signature and where to buy it. I'm pretty sure it's their site, but it definitely looks much better than the one you get from pax. I took a look at the site a few days ago and it was 30$. I'll see if i can search and find the signature/link
that would be Tstat's deadfoot pax base, doesn't change the charger just makes it easier to use. Great looking stands, here's his profile and he has a website, click on the information tab! http://fuckcombustion.com/members/tstat.4440/

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So I just got my Pax from the Fedex guy! They shipped mine september 14th. I like it! It's charging now, how long do I have to initially charge it? Someone mentioned on page 38/39 they charged for 30 minutes. Mine came at a Red battery setting. How long does it take to charge from Red to Green?

druminfected

So I just got my Pax from the Fedex guy! They shipped mine september 14th. I like it! It's charging now, how long do I have to initially charge it? Someone mentioned on page 38/39 they charged for 30 minutes. Mine came at a Red battery setting. How long does it take to charge from Red to Green?

about 90 minutes for me. I tried drawing from the pax to test out what people were saying about some resistance, but damn! Seem to me like sucking from a thick milkshake! Hopefully it gets better when i actually vape out of it.

can anyone post a picture of the old vs new mouthpiece? Surprised no one has posted it yet, but thanks whoever does ahead of time!

about 90 minutes for me. I tried drawing from the pax to test out what people were saying about some resistance, but damn! Seem to me like sucking from a thick milkshake! Hopefully it gets better when i actually vape out of it.

can anyone post a picture of the old vs new mouthpiece? Surprised no one has posted it yet, but thanks whoever does ahead of time!

Here are TAG's side-by-side pics.

Ok so I got my new mouthpiece in the mail today from Ploom and it has been updated. Here are a couple of pictures of it.
mouthpiece2.jpg

mouthpiece.jpg

The new mouthpiece is the one on the left in both pictures
So far the new mouthpiece has taken care of the issue I was having with it turning orange and sometimes red when first being turned on. It also feels like the mouthpiece clicks/locks in the closed/off position better than it did before and also when opening/turning on. Again I have only used it twice. If anything changes I will post it.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

Someone did but not sure how many pages ago. It shouldn't be to far. UGH to slow :doh:

passthecheese

Hey guys!

I just got my pax. Quick question, how do you guys pop your mouth pieces off, like to change the temp? For the life of me I cant get mine off and its driving me crazy I just got the thing, I think it's seriously stuck.

Edit.

Ok got it off. Phew. But seriously, does it loosen up eventually? I might as well keep it at medium and old battle it for cleaning.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Hey guys!

I just got my pax. Quick question, how do you guys pop your mouth pieces off, like to change the temp? For the life of me I cant get mine off and its driving me crazy I just got the thing, I think it's seriously stuck.

There is a little grove in the mouthpiece on one side. Use your finger nail, grip with your other finger and pull it up.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Just got my Pax today and I am loving life. This thing kicks some serious tail. The MFLB and the Supreme are going to be sitting in a drawer with all my old glass. Thank you Ploom!

Deadshort480,

Hoosier

Hey guys!

Edit.

Ok got it off. Phew. But seriously, does it loosen up eventually? I might as well keep it at medium and old battle it for cleaning.

PTC- I had a similar feeling about mine on Monday when I got mine. First time I felt like I was going to break it to get it off... It's much easier to take off now.

Hoosier,

Sonics420

got mine today also.. i love overnight shipping i dont have to wait lol..

i put it on the charger and it turned green in 5 minutes.. ill let it sit for a little longer before i have my first session.

Sonics420,

passthecheese

PTC- I had a similar feeling about mine on Monday when I got mine. First time I felt like I was going to break it to get it off... It's much easier to take off now.

It was so weird. I tried my finger nails, a pen, a pen cap, every end of a pair of tweezers ... then finally I was able just to pull it off from the sides. I'm hoping it gets a little easier soon. Otherwise, pax works great. I am now 99% combustion free.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I also noticed the newer mouthpieces are more difficult to remove. They tend to hang a bit. Hopefully will change in time. Even with it's minor quirks, this is still one awesome little vapor machine y'all!! We are some seriously lucky people to be able to use and enjoy such wonderful advances in vaporizer technology!

JoeKickass

So since I keep running low on flower (I wonder why... :D) I'm always looking for deals, and today I found a great one:

hqILF.png

For that price I was expecting schwag but the test made me reconsider... and I'm glad I did! The stuff has a great smell and very decently sized buds for the price, it just has a few leaves and stems to pick out.
Zxnfb.jpg

It just makes me happy to be in the presence of so much flower :luv:
L0Gtv.jpg

YHoKh.jpg

I didn't have time to do the "rolling naked in a bed of cannabis" picture, sorry to disappoint! ;)

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
there's this guy im cool at hell with at my job, but we didnt start talkin serious ganj till today, and he drops a bomb on me that he uses a pax. im like holy macro.
So I do a little research online when I get homne and Im totally interested in how these things are, especially after seeing that party mode option where the light changes colors ^_^ cool little feature.

Well, if its as effective as it should be, id pay the money! Hopefully I can try his out some time before I make that decision.

trihigh

Hey guys, first post.

I am super excited to try out the pax now that i've read through this entire forum ;). I ordered my amethyst pax from vapeworld on the 11th. I was told yesterday that they wouldn't even have them to ship until sometime next week. So, to all of you guys overnighting them, are you going directly through ploom? Or is it just that I got the amethyst color?

trihigh,

eln00b

Howdy ya'll... Posted in this thread back in august when I got the Pax. Used it daily, and kept it clean. It worked fantastic until recently.

In the last week or so I noticed some vapor leak after taking a pull. Then the occasional "sizzle" sound started coming from somewhere in the unit...I couldn't pinpoint an exact location. Finally, the other day it stayed on after clicking it off. Eventually it shut itself down, only to come back on again...and then go off about 2 seconds later.

Talked to vapeworld. They are awesome and replacing it. So...no worries. Just sharing a little more on my experience with this device.

eln00b,

Dammit

In the last week or so I noticed some vapor leak after taking a pull. Then the occasional "sizzle" sound started coming from somewhere in the unit...I couldn't pinpoint an exact location. Finally, the other day it stayed on after clicking it off. Eventually it shut itself down, only to come back on again...and then go off about 2 seconds later.

Talked to vapeworld. They are awesome and replacing it. So...no worries. Just sharing a little more on my experience with this device.
I get the sizzling sound occasionally. I don't think it's anything wrong with the pax per se, but more to do with the material you put in. Maybe it's a different strain or has more moisture than what you had before.

As far as the not turning off part, that's strange. I know that it's the magnet on the mouth piece that turns the pax off. In fact, if you hold the mouth piece beside your pax and line up where the magnet would sit if it was in, the pax will turn off. Glad vape world is taking care of you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom