Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
did no one read my earlier post about the mouthpiece?
received my new updated mouthpiece from ploom today, that was fast.. also didn't have to prove any kind of ownership or anything they just up and sent me one, how nice :luv: anyway on to the mouthpiece solved the random heating color displaying while trying to heat up but it is defiantly a strange feeling being used to a slow to come up sticky mouthpiece, almost makes me want to not use it. Almost.. It pushes itself out of the pax with a lot more oomh, lacking the fluid movement. I guess the way the new curve on the retainer cylinder allows for a more on/off kind of feeling, very difficult to explain till you feel it for yourself. I'll likely get used to it since at least so far has solved my original issue. It's just a very different feeling coming out of the pax, I was quite taken back first time I clicking it in, much more mechanical feeling. Sorry just got quite medicated from the pax, so excuse my descriptions. There is nothing better than one oven lasting me all day packed to the brim, a stir here and there. Here it is maybe 4 sessions throughout the day and finally next ses will turn it to red and finnish the job.

kushcabbage,

droog77

So just for fun, here is my pax setup.
Here we have a slightly less aesthetic pax with two small o rings with the pick at the side. Don't need to take it off, plenty of room for the lid to be removed. A double sided container with either herb on one side abv on the other or a small brush. All inside this cool Logitech case my mouse usb cables came inside. Who would have known. Cheers sometimes function > form

photobjo.jpg
photo1zw.jpg

photo2xg.jpg
photo3qy.jpg

Like some others, I have found it . . . difficult enough to be irritating . . . to get all of the little bits from around the inner edge of the well down into the oven using only my fingers.

So far, I've just been using a pen lid. I use the arm to push any stray material from the well into the oven, and then I tamp it down with the other end of the lid.

I love the setup shown above, though. I've got one of those tools on order.

What size are those O-rings?

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I have seen at least a couple of posts making a reference to your new mouthpiece and how it feels different.
guess I'm just crazy :tinfoil: I'm actually using the one that sticks because it feels smoother.. the led light turning back to the heating color is intermit but I can deal with it. The action on the new design feels like a fresh oiled handgun slide action but for some reason I just don't really like it. Hope your's comes soon let us know what you think.

What size are those O-rings?
I bought a set of 400 standard sized o-rings from amazon will report back tomorrow when I'm back home to let you know what size I used, but I remember I tried thick, thin, wide, and found the thick smaller ones stretched out felt the best. Another option is using velcro strips that tie cables together, has been looking sharp in all black and the velcro provides some grip.

kushcabbage,
Reactions: willieR

jambandphan03

in flavor country
guess I'm just crazy :tinfoil: I'm actually using the one that sticks because it feels smoother.. the led light turning back to the heating color is intermit but I can deal with it. The action on the new design feels like a fresh oiled handgun slide action but for some reason I just don't really like it. Hope your's comes soon let us know what you think.

Well in any case it's good to have back up. I hope I see mine in the next week. Having to force myself to not buy a purple pax, now that people are starting to get them shipped...must resist...urges. :evil:

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Pax has arrived!!! :love: Ordered an Onyx September 5th (direct from Ploom) and it arrived just a few hours ago! First impression is that it is a little smaller than I expected (which is a plus for stealth) It feels really nice and solid too. Also from what I can tell it looks like mine was furnished with the 2nd gen mouthpiece. I have it sitting on the charger right now so, I will get to try it out later today.:nod:

Another couple of things: I thought it was a USB charger that came with it (don't know why I thought that) but it has a really neat retracting (folding) wall plug with it. Also I noticed while reading over the directions included that it says to push the mouthpiece down to "the first click" which explains why if some have pushed it in all the way it pops up (and sometimes out) :lmao:

I got the free shipping, and it came USPS, but the funny thing is I got the tracking info yesterday and it showed that it was not officially shipped yet (not in USPS system yet) and yet here it arrives completely unannounced here today! :D I thought I wouldn't get it til sometime next week. :clap:

I of course will post a super stony and medicated (I hope) review once I get to try it! Thanks again friends for sharing all of your experiences so far! I will look forward to hearing more about Pax from
all of you as well!

Happy Friday!!
BC :wave:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Can't wait to hear your first impressions BC!! That's cool about the updated mouthpiece being included. Happy Friday to you too! :science:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

HSIHP

I have been using a pen cap as a tool. The one I use has a kind square shaped tip with rounded edges so it fits PERFECTLY into the corners of the oven. Also, the other end it pretty thin and a little wide so its great for scraping the herbs from the well into the oven.

HSIHP,
Reactions: willieR

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
We can all figure out ways to get it all in the oven. The point here is that we have to, and some of us find it a nuisance.

pakalolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
But once you learn how to do it, it's fine. Just like potty training. And it's been a while since I've complained about that.

It's fine for you. It's not fine for me. Basically your attitude is, get used to it and soon it won't bother you any more. Wrong. For the last time, just because some people don't find it an issue doesn't mean it's not a problem for someone else. Why is this so hard?

As for potty training, I haven't used one for well over sixty years so I have no inclination to complain about it; however, I'm definitely grateful that you no longer complain about yours.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Dreamerr

dudeeitsbrian

It's fine for you. It's not fine for me. Basically your attitude is, get used to it and soon it won't bother you any more. Wrong. For the last time, just because some people don't find it an issue doesn't mean it's not a problem for someone else. Why is this so hard?

As for potty training, I haven't used one for well over sixty years so I have no inclination to complain about it; however, I'm definitely grateful that you no longer complain about yours.
you must be an extremely impatient guy if you think its a "nuisance" to spend 30 seconds loading the oven, just saying. especially knowing you're a minimalist toker, how long can it take to pack .2 into the pax? its only packing ~.5+ that takes some effort, and based on your prior posts i know you're not the person packing in .5 at a time.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I don't know what any fuss is about, ploom told us before it even came out a tight packing is preferred, I remember that from the videos. Sure they didn't give us a tool but anything will do, I'm sorry some are finding it a 'nuisance' Toss you herb in loose and pack it down with your pinky, give it a tap with your palm. I've even used my carabiner clip because the bowl was hot. Just like my solo, it works best with the herb packed tight. :peace:

kushcabbage,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
you must be an extremely impatient guy if you think its a "nuisance" to spend 30 seconds loading the oven, just saying. especially knowing you're a minimalist toker, how long can it take to pack .2 into the pax? its only packing ~.5+ that takes some effort, and based on your prior posts i know you're not the person packing in .5 at a time.

Think what you like. It's over, move on.

pakalolo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, I was bopping out of work heading to my car with the Pax in hand getting ready for the ride home. Then I dropped it. Oven door flew off, I lost the screen and put some minor dings on it. Then, when I tried it out, the light would not go purple, stayed red as if the MP was off. After messing with it for a while it seems to have fixed itself and now goes purple as it should.

Got on Ploom.com and got them to send a new MP just in case, and I'm going to order screens. Has anyone tried a regular stainless screen in there? I don't want to be without it come Monday at work!

Tstat,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Bummer about dropping it!! This is a slick little gadget. I cut a regular screen to fit, and found it was too loose of a weave, had bits coming up. I imagine a finer mesh screen might be ok. I have not tested that yet, just based it on my experience with the loose mesh screen.

jambandphan03,

druminfected

Oh man I hope that wasn't the only reason :( I'm sure the Inh will treat you just fine but you have to realize there are a LOT of posts on this thread by people trying to find little ways to get the most out of their Pax. You don't have to stir, the draw isn't thick, and getting the edges of the oven messy in no way affects the smell or performance of the unit. Whether they want 100% thc extraction or just to keep it clean and sexy, it's just people trying to make their almost perfect device truly perfect for them.

Understand, the more medicated people get the more their underlying OCD can come out (:tinfoil:, if it's there) and believe me, it's hard to get more medicated, more easily and quickly, than with a Pax!

No that was not the only reason. People saying that it took a little effort to draw out of the mouthpiece, got me worried I won't have enough lung power to inhale (am disabled and lungs are weak)

but I want you all to know, I put a order in at vapeworld this early morning so I will finally see myself. that and how it compares to inhalater :)

druminfected,
Reactions: JoeKickass

2clicker

Observer
Bummer about dropping it!! This is a slick little gadget. I cut a regular screen to fit, and found it was too loose of a weave, had bits coming up. I imagine a finer mesh screen might be ok. I have not tested that yet, just based it on my experience with the loose mesh screen.

maybe a fine mesh screen that is a tighter fit in the oven... would be able to be mounted in such a way that the oven capacity is halved...? wait does make sense?

instead of pushing the screen all the way in, could you push it half way in and still use it?

sorry im still stuck on the half sized bowls thing

2clicker,

druminfected

I already know what the perfect tool is going to be for the PAX while I wait for it to arrive in the mail.... here it is!

picktool1.png

picktool2.png

This tool is my favorite it has a packer tool and a poker (stir) tool and one other tool i never use, but it's by far the ultimate handy tool I use for all my needs. The packer tool on this looks perfect size for this, but time will only tell when I get mine in the mail!

druminfected

An old pipe tool! I used to have one 25 years ago when I smoked a tobacco pipe.

Go find it! damn 25 yrs ago? your a true connoisseur!

I ordered my PAX from vapeworld, at the break of dawn and now it says processing. I just wanted to know if they do in fact have a stock, since they say buy now, but then it says backordered below. i know someone said it was a glitch and I'm hoping so, because the ploom site has them back in stock, and I don't want to miss out.

I also was wondering if vapeworld will have the 2nd edition mouthpieces people are talking about as well. if anyone could fill me in that would be great, and thanks!

druminfected,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom