Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSIHP

So i received my Pax on Friday afternoon and got to spend the whole weekend and last night with it. I have to say, I am very impressed with this tiny little unit and I love how slick it is. I just recently needed to give a friend back his SSV since it was on loan to me and he was moving so I wanted to have another vape ready to go. I have a Magic Flight as well but no PA and it doesn't do that much for me any more besides very specific situations.

I was in love with PAX the first time i saw the ad and knew right away that I had to have it. After reading this thread and discovering this website I pulled the trigger, but I may have a bit too early. Once I ordered I started questioning if I made the right choice ( I was between the Pax and the Solo) and after having it for a few days (Pax) I feel like the Solo is more for me. Granted, I have never used a Solo but with all the reviews and talk in the Solo thread I feel like it would have been a better choice.

Again, I love that Pax and will use it on the go everywhere from now on. This thing if prefect for camping trips and music festivals so I think this thing will really win it's bread after a few trips out into the woods. But as far as a home unit, the Solo ( I have heard) is much more efficient and when I'm not trying to vape in public that is my first priority.

In the end, it looks like since I made the choice to buy Pax first I think I will end up buying the Solo as well. If it were the other way around I'm not so sure I would have gone for the Pax.

HSIHP,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I started with the solo, and just got the pax. I can say having both is a good thing. I was using my solo as my daily driver (with wall adapter to save battery) until I got a cloud. I can say though, the solo is a great machine, only the restricted draw keeps mine put away most of the time. Until those PVHES stems are ready from planetvape, my solo is mainly for back up. It just requires too much work to get the level of medication I prefer. The pax on the other hand seems to get right to it. I put it on high, and the vapor cranks out! I can say my only complaint would be how much herb it takes to load it. I started topping my loads with some AVB to pad it, and not use up quite as much fresh herb, plus it recycles my low temp ABV.

MrNorml

Another lil "trick" ill share with FC is for people who only like to vape with .2g ish. When i load a new oven i usually get to about half of the oven with it packed down, then grab some of the ABV you just took out and fill the rest half the oven, pack it nicely. Instead of leaving half the oven empty and vaping it. This lil method has yielded me great results. Anyways, HAPPY VAPING! Peace & Love KUSH! :)

What a great way if people feel they need to pack full but don't want that much! It has zero negatives and only positives. Thanks so much again for this insightful solution.

JoeKickass

This is my easiest "mod" yet but I tell you, I'm using it more and more and it's just great!

DIY Pax Tool

Materials - Pliers & a paperclip

JatSN.jpg

And I guarantee people of all skill levels can pull this one off ;)

Just make sure it fits inside the lip of the mouthpiece for storage,
HeuqH.jpg

e8GUd.jpg

and the magnet holds it in place for you!

You can pretty much make it any shape you want, I think more square edges might clean the corners of the oven better but that's a job for another day :spliff:
yorL0.jpg

I see no point in using the solo for a home unit unless you have to be discrete, just get an EQ off amazon for less. Thats what got me hooked on vaping in the first place, i just wanted a portable unit so i could enjoy vaping while on the go. I almost bought the solo until the pax came along.

I guess the pax does consume more herbs than other vapes, portable or not, but running out is not a problem since i've started growing my own medicine.

HSIHP

I see no point in using the solo for a home unit unless you have to be discrete, just get an EQ off amazon for less. Thats what got me hooked on vaping in the first place, i just wanted a portable unit so i could enjoy vaping while on the go. I almost bought the solo until the pax came along.

I guess the pax does consume more herbs than other vapes, portable or not, but running out is not a problem since i've started growing my own medicine.

I really wanted to not be tied down by chords or whips. I had the Surfer for a long time and loved every day I had it, but when looking for my next vape my wife and I wanted something that we could just pass to each other in our favorite couch sitting position. Being a slave to a whip isn't a bad thing, I just like thought of being able to walk around the house with a vape in hand. That's what I ordered the Pax but I am now missing the ability to have a perfect, small, FRESH load when ever I want it. While I can pack the Pax once and get a few sessions out of it, the herbs tend to loose flavor and I liked being able to pack many small bowls at once while I was home and didnt have to worry about time or being in public. This is where the Pax will shine, though I find myself smoking in public less and less these days.

HSIHP,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I know what you mean about being tethered to a whip or cord, one of my least favorite things about desk vapes is the wire. I am also not medicating publicly much anymore, now that the good portables are available, I spend a lot of time at home. When I do go out though, it sure is nice to have options. If it's a weekend camping trip with no power to charge with, I have choices, or can take the whole arsenal so I don't go without if I can't charge something. Plug in vapes stay home, unless I am visiting a friend at their home.

I also agree that for home use, smaller more controlled, fresh loads are nice. I have been so swept up in using my pax that I just didn't care that I am blowing through so much herb, but I can see that tapering down a bit.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I really wanted to not be tied down by chords or whips. I had the Surfer for a long time and loved every day I had it, but when looking for my next vape my wife and I wanted something that we could just pass to each other in our favorite couch sitting position. Being a slave to a whip isn't a bad thing, I just like thought of being able to walk around the house with a vape in hand. That's what I ordered the Pax but I am now missing the ability to have a perfect, small, FRESH load when ever I want it. While I can pack the Pax once and get a few sessions out of it, the herbs tend to loose flavor and I liked being able to pack many small bowls at once while I was home and didnt have to worry about time or being in public. This is where the Pax will shine, though I find myself smoking in public less and less these days.

The Solo sounds perfect for you...that's how I use mine.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
This is my easiest "mod" yet but I tell you, I'm using it more and more and it's just great!
DIY Pax Tool
Materials - Pliers & a paperclip
And I guarantee people of all skill levels can pull this one off ;)
Just make sure it fits inside the lip of the mouthpiece for storage,
and the magnet holds it in place for you!
You can pretty much make it any shape you want, I think more square edges might clean the corners of the oven better but that's a job for another day :spliff:

Very cool Joe!! Thanks for sharing that mod!

jambandphan03,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I missed it, Joe...what does your mod do? Is is a pokey stick cleaner kind of thing?

Sorry I'm dense!

stickstones,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

Yea, I think you will like having the combination Pax + Solo. I don't have either yet, but it sounds like you have done your research and know what you want. I think the Pax will be perfect for on the Go, and the solo will be good for you and your wife to enjoy.

Have you checked out the miVape? It's not out yet, but that unit could be promising too.

Anyhow, still waiting to get my Pax. Still been using the WISPR which isn't bad, but I'm sure the Pax is gonna blow it away.

newVaper420,

HSIHP

Yea, I think you will like having the combination Pax + Solo. I don't have either yet, but it sounds like you have done your research and know what you want. I think the Pax will be perfect for on the Go, and the solo will be good for you and your wife to enjoy.

Have you checked out the miVape? It's not out yet, but that unit could be promising too.

Anyhow, still waiting to get my Pax. Still been using the WISPR which isn't bad, but I'm sure the Pax is gonna blow it away.

I have seen the miVape but after going through the whole Pax process (announcement of the product, anticipation how it is, waiting for new shipments) I think I will wait for a while after it comes out to consider spending the kind of money they want. I shouldn't really be spending more money on another vape but since I'm in the zone, I may order the Solo tonight!

HSIHP,

Cryker

Just got email that my pax shipped! ordered on the 31st of august, im in NY though so should be like 3 days im guessing =[ o well so excited!

JoeKickass

Hey Joe what do you use as a "herb packer"?
Anyone else have anything?
I just use my finger :D
I missed it, Joe...what does your mod do? Is is a pokey stick cleaner kind of thing?
I know most of the time the bowl will tap out, but this is great for those times it's being a bitch or you gunk it up with wax or oil. :tup:
agreed. nice ingenuity there joseph :rockon:

Hehe, if you must know, this is where I got my name from: http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season15/furriest21.mp3
The Simpsons said:
Bart: I wanna go too!
Homer: No way. If something happens to me, you have to carry on the Simpson name.
Bart: Screw that, when I grow up I'm legally changing my name to Joe Kickass.
Homer: That is so cool. Okay you can come.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
just so everyone knows, the ploom chat room on their website is VERY helpful and proficient! sent me another mouthpiece no questions asked, even when I bought from vaporstore, which they said they had to let go as a retailer because they were sending units overseas which they forbid. Cheers hope everyone has a fine evening.

JoeKickass

I just use my finger :D

Ok I take it back, when you're trying to reload with a hot bowl it becomes a different beast...

If I'm in a hurry I use the edge of the oven lid, but usually I just wait until it's not too hot, and use my finger very quickly, letting it cool down in-between pokes.

JoeKickass,

willieR

Been here since 2009
The oven "screen" is longer than the oven. So which way should it go? With the recess above the mouthpiece tube?

willieR,

JoeKickass

vaporstore, which they said they had to let go as a retailer because they were sending units overseas which they forbid.

Ah ha! That's why their original take-down note had a bit of a sour tinge to it...
If you look at their site they have since edited it: https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=pax-vaporizer
VapoeStore said:
We are unable to offer the PAX Vaporizer at this time, until further notice. Warranty support for our Pax customers is still valid and replacement screens are still available here. We hope to offer the Pax again in time, please click this Notify Me link to be updated with availability.

We recommend the following alternative vaporizers:

They used to say this:
We are no longer carrying the PAX Vaporizer. Due to some non-performing and high defect issues we have mutually decided not to carry the Pax product at this time. When the company and product live up to VaporStore standards, we may offer it again.

Instead of the PAX Vaporizer we recommend the following better performing alternatives with good support:

Imo the edit was pretty appropriate, it's good they corrected themselves in hindsight.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Ah ha! That's why their original take-down note had a bit of a sour tinge to it...

If you look at their site they have since edited it: https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=pax-vaporizer

That bothers me... allot. I am glad we have it documented here on this forum to stay forever. I wish retailers would not try and get rich quick. Stuff like this ends up happening. I am glad Ploom is able to police their retailers and seem to actually care where and how it is sold.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Just got email that my pax shipped! ordered on the 31st of august, im in NY though so should be like 3 days im guessing =[ o well so excited!

I ordered August 27th and I still haven't received my shipping email.

I am also in New York

What color did you order?

I ordered the onyx so maybe that's why.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom