Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKickass

my dumbass friend.. and his butter fingers just dropped my pax onto the concrete floor... the mouth piece, the door, came flying off. i'm out of flowers... so i can't test... it works up to normal lights... but i'm so upset... it's dented... what should i do? ask for a replacement at cost? or he should just buy mines...then get another one? :worms:

I've dropped mine a bunch, and I carry it in my pocket with some knarley keys, wear the battle scars with pride!

How big of a dent? Did it crack the plastic? Or just a little flat spot on the aluminum?

willieR

Been here since 2009
Batteries Plus does not sell 3400 Panny bat, but will spot weld for $5. Hoping Orb has them

willieR,

kronickidd

Hard to charge your friend for a new unit. That's just the way it goes. My viewpoint only. I'd live with it
what if it breaks a week from now? i rather not live with any of that lingering in my head on the back end... he knows this as well... YOU BREAK YOU BUY!

joe kickass>> it chipped a part of the plastic and case... and also a ding on the back of flat aluminum. how did you dropped yours? mine was literally, flying in the air spinning down the concrete...

JAM- it all works still, but i have never got party mode to work... how do you activate... i spinning it like a screw driver... never works...

kronickidd,

JoeKickass

what if it breaks a week from now? i rather now live with any of that lingering in my head on the back end... he knows this as well... YOU BREAK YOU BUY!

joe kickass>> it chipped a part of the plastic and case... and also a ding on the back of flat aluminum. how did you dropped yours? mine was literally, flying in the air spinning down the concrete...

Mine just slipped onto tile and left a small flat spot on the metal case, you could take a pic for us, but I think it will be ok. The Pax is pretty rugged, and unless the switch mechanism breaks there really isn't anything internal that a normal drop could damage.

JoeKickass,

kronickidd

it's very minor and not noticable... but i would be devasted if my unit broke some time later.. and it was due to the fall... i rather nip this in the bud ..... <-- pun

kronickidd,

JoeKickass

it's very minor and not noticable... but i would be devasted if my unit broke some time later.. and it was due to the fall... i rather nip this in the bud ..... <-- pun

Good thing they offer a 10 year warranty! You can chat with Ploom and see how it goes but I have a hard time believing they'll send you a new one just because yours was dropped...

"I dropped my Pax, can I get a new one?"
"Does it turn on?"
"Yes"
"Does it work perfectly?"
"Yes"
"Then keep on enjoying your working Pax =) Send it to us if it actually breaks."

But I'd be interested on hearing what they actually say, as for making your friend buy you a new one and making him take your used one... that's your call but it's not something I'd feel good about doing...

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I just discovered that my jar of ABV from lower temp vaping (solo on 4, cloud at 10-11) is giving me alot of vapor still in my Pax on the high setting. So I think I am going to curb my consumption of greenery through out the day by revaping some of this ABV, making a twice vaped ABV jar to make some tincture or oil with.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
So I just discovered that my jar of ABV from lower temp vaping (solo on 4, cloud at 10-11) is giving me alot of vapor still in my Pax on the high setting. So I think I am going to curb my consumption of greenery through out the day by revaping some of this ABV, making a twice vaped ABV jar to make some tincture or oil with.
having been doing the same exact thing! fun stuff I love recycling :nod:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I can never seem to utilize any of the stuff I make out of ABV. I tried making oil, it worked... but did not do much. I tried with butter as well. I ended up not liking the taste of what I made so I threw it out. I think my next try will be coconut-oil capsules. I think being able to digest them will help.

I do wonder though with devices like the PAX and the Cloud how much of the actives are left in the ABV after you run them at higher temperatures.

Slightly Medicated,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I just go straight to (glycerin) tincture after only medium vaping. I just don't like the flavor from any vape after a medium toast.

willieR,

HSIHP

My Pax has finally arrived. It came right before I had a rehearsal so i popped in on the charger and when i got home I saw that pretty little green light looking me right in the eye. I messed around with it for while, pushing all the buttons and just generally soaking it all in. I decided to pack a small bowl, maybe 1.5 Magic flight bowls worth. I started on low for a few hits, amazing flavor but not much vapor at all. Took it up to medium for a few more hits, still great flavor but no vapor. I even tried high for a few more hits, totaling around 12 hits, and no vapor. I took it out ad stirred it up and tried back on medium again with a different technique, and BOOM, tons of vapor. It was perfect! tasted awesome and I felt it right away.

Overall first impressions, this thing is awesome. Feels nice in my hands and i can see myself falling in love with it. But there were two small things that caught me a off guard. It turns out it's a bit thicker than I imagined. Not a bad thing, just not what i expected. Also, during my first and only so far session, i did taste a slight taste. Not a plastic taste or anything probably just a new metal taste. I'm sure it will go away after a few sessions and I am excited for this weekend!

HSIHP,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was thinking glycerine too, maybe mix it in with other stuff, just to get what ever I can out of what's left. Not expecting much if it's twice vaped. Good to know I can stretch my fresh supply a bit, and maybe get a little more productive in the day time. Still figuring out my limitations, and having too much fun using these vapes. It's quite distracting, but I love it! :D

jambandphan03,
Reactions: willieR

kronickidd

Mine has a a dent and a few scratches. It hurts the first few days but it goes away. It still works like a charm so that's all that matters.

no body touches my pax any more... plus ploom won't replace it/ fix if it breaks from falls...

very upset... still works... thanks for teh moral support guys!

kronickidd,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sometimes life's lessons can be cruel, but if it's still functional, be happy it still works, learn and move on. After having the cloud, the pax feels indestructible. Talk about worry, I only let a select few touch my cloud with it's all glass air path. Maybe one day there will be the ultimate, functional, good to pass around, impossible to break portable vape on the market. This one will do for now though. The fact that it still works after taking a big fall is a good indication of quality.

kronickidd

jam
sometimes life's lessons can be cruel, but if it's still functional, be happy it still works, learn and move on. After having the cloud, the pax feels indestructible. Talk about worry, I only let a select few touch my cloud with it's all glass air path. Maybe one day there will be the ultimate, functional, good to pass around, impossible to break portable vape on the market. This one will do for now though. The fact that it still works after taking a big fall is a good indication of quality.

true indeed...i just dont want ... one day my pax stops working.. and the 10 year is voided due to that fall... feel me?

kronickidd,

JoeKickass

jam

true indeed...i just dont want ... one day my pax stops working.. and the 10 year is voided due to that fall... feel me?

Well if you think about it... if it worked after the fall, then technically the fall didn't break it... it it breaks later it must be some other reason :D just don't say "my Pax isn't working, I think it's because I dropped it"

Dammit

I've dropped mine few times too as it does slip out of your hand easily if you're not careful. There's a few scraps on the edges and a very small dent when I dropped it on my grinder, but I think it's given more than it's taken. The somewhat sharp edges has left some pretty good scrapes out of my coffee table but it's still going strong. The first one always hurts, but once the newness wears off a bit, and the scrapes start adding up, it won't be such a big deal. I'm confident these things are built to last if properly maintained and I'm sure I'll drop it again soon. What I do see happening is losing my mouth piece or oven lid one time when I do drop it again though.

Dammit,

kronickidd

thanks...i feel better if it was me who dropped it..i just want my ten year of use with out voiding my warranty... This forum rocks..happy 420 everybody

kronickidd,

i7weenie

Everyone pay attention!
The past few days I have been experiencing the annoying mouthpiece flaw on the Pax and I have experimented ways to get my mouth piece to pop up until my new one ships in from Ploom. I have found that the following method works EVERY TIME I try it. First remove the tray lid. Next blow very hard down the mouthpiece out the bottom of the unit. Afterwards press firmly with your thumb down on the mouthpiece and slowly but firmly raise it back up and it should come out of the unit no problem!!

kronickidd

Everyone pay attention!
The past few days I have been experiencing the annoying mouthpiece flaw on the Pax and I have experimented ways to get my mouth piece to pop up until my new one ships in from Ploom. I have found that the following method works EVERY TIME I try it. First remove the tray lid. Next blow very hard down the mouthpiece out the bottom of the unit. Afterwards press firmly with your thumb down on the mouthpiece and slowly but firmly raise it back up and it should come out of the unit no problem!!
make a video... i have a hard time following.. i just medicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom