Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
sounds good, will report back after a few nights charging. Oh and btw ilovebOObs, your vapor videos make me drool mate, I almost went with an ass or bikini shot on the screen behind that cherry painting but decided against it :ko: you'll have to show us something sexy next water pipe hammer time!

thevapenazi

NO FIRE FOR YOU!!
kushcabbage: i am so happy to see you get your pax, it seems like forever you've been pining for one! i feel almost as happy as when I got my very own pax.... :D But it's great knowing you're finally going through the joys of discovering the pax (try out party mode! :D).

Trust me, the pax gets better with age! Even though my temp button is broke it was my fault, and even stuck on medium setting I am happier with this than any other flower vape I've had my hands on.

Pax Aeterna!

JoeKickass

About time KC joined the party!

"I find this mouthpiece very strange but user friendly when pushed carefully."

The action on my mouthpiece has actually gotten smoother with use! And like vapenazi said, careful with iso on the white button :2c:

Also, I can't recommend 0.1g flower + 0.1g oil (est.) + 0.1g flower enough!

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
oh it's a party all right! You and Slightly Medicated got me to pull the trigger. Or should I say triggers.. already have the blue one and extra mouthpiece/screens/lid from vapeworld on pre order.. I'm terrible when it comes to more than one color option.. I had both colors of the same solo as well.. hopefully I can choose one (likely the black) and pass the blue to a friend who recently has been shown the light of vaping. He has been vaporizing more and more and reports it makes him feel a lot better. :cheers:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
oh it's a party all right! You and Slightly Medicated got me to pull the trigger. Or should I say triggers.. already have the blue one and extra mouthpiece/screens/lid from vapeworld on pre order.. I'm terrible when it comes to more than one color option.. I had both colors of the same solo as well.. hopefully I can choose one (likely the black) and pass the blue to a friend who recently has been shown the light of vaping. He has been vaporizing more and more and reports it makes him feel a lot better. :cheers:

That is good news about the friend. I kind of want a purple one myself. I thought about selling the black and getting the purple. Although I do feel like the black is more stealth. I wish they had a way of doing replaceable covers. I would buy green/purple/blue/black and change them around depending on my mood. I could use the colorful ones at home, and the black in public.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: kushcabbage

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

The Pax is a powerful tool to convert combusters, indeed. Glad your friend may end up with one thanks to you.

Vapinghole,

Ontariovapes

Anyone have any ideas to turn the PAX into somewhat of a convection vape? Moving the screen around / modifications so that the herbs aren't sitting right on the heater the whole time?

I popped my "screen" out yesterday to start playing with this idea and realized that the "screen" is actually just a solid piece of metal! Hold it up to the light and there are actually no holes in the screen. Just a few indentations around the edges that I guess allow a very little amount of airflow.

I replaced the screen with a standard mesh pipe screen and got better draw immediately.

Next I am thinking about drilling a few small holes through the oven lid.

Still working on an idea to move the herb off the heating element directly...possible with folded pipe screens.

Doctah. You're brilliant. I was also kicking around the idea of replacing the faux screen with a real one. Anyone care to comment on any downsides to this?

Ontariovapes,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Doctah. You're brilliant. I was also kicking around the idea of replacing the faux screen with a real one. Anyone care to comment on any downsides to this?
not really, it really is made like that for a reason. My advice if you must mess with it: buy a couple extra screens, cut away and report your findings.

kushcabbage,

MoneyCheeba

Tamper if you will but you risk voiding the warranty, no? I think the design is great, used it for the first time today and I am BAKED!!!...I don't honestly see the demand to make this thing a better device, after all it's a portable, better draws then maybe rethink the purchase and get something that you can use at home to give you that effect, just saying...

My Experience with Ploom Customer Service (thus far)...

I live in SF & bought a Pax in part because I wanted to support a local company & also because I thought if the Pax had "early adopter" issues, I could get it serviced locally (like I have with my Volcano via Storz & Bickel in Oakland). About a week into light usage (~2 sessions per day) & after two cleanings, the white temperature mode button stuck in the same manner described by others here on FC.

Immediately, I emailed Ploom & explained the situation. They apologized & sent me a return label. As I’m less than three miles away from their offices, I kindly offered to just swing by & trade my defective unit for a working model.

They refused & stated their policy is to handle all returns via mail, but promised they would ship me a replacement as soon as they received my defective unit.

Fine. So much for the local aspect (again, Storz & Bickel, Inc. in Oakland allows locals to drop Volcanos by for service).

So, I mailed my defective unit in on Saturday morning, watched it (via USPS tracking) arrive early Monday morning, then heard nothing from Ploom.

On Wednesday afternoon, I emailed them & they explained that my defective Pax was probably stuck with their “forwarding company”, but they would send me a replacement out the following day (Thursday).

Thursday evening, I emailed them again to ask if it had been shipped & the following day (Friday -- aka today), I received a return email again saying that my unit is stuck with their forwarding company, but they should be able to send me out a replacement shortly.

Seriously? So I buy a $250+ device from a company located across town from me, it breaks (through no fault of my own) in only a week of light use, & then they not only refuse to handle it in person, but they keep breaking promises & making excuses about why they can’t send me another one when their own USPS tracking number shows the Pax as “delivered” to their address five days prior?

The Pax may very well be a great vaporizer, but if you buy one, pray to God that it never has any issues because Ploom is proving (at least to me) that they care very little for their customers.

As for the Pax’s ten year warranty: if they won’t step-up & “make it right” with a customer who only had a unit for less than a week, how do you think they’re going to treat you when it breaks after a year (never mind in its ninth year)?

Stay posted. I'll keep you updated...

Patient Patient,
Reactions: ru_frothi

JoeKickass

It would be nice if they had an office to accept walk-in people, but if they don't, they don't... as for the mail I have to say, "typical usps..." maybe 75% they work fine but sometimes they just suck.

Your button got stuck because you got iso on it, but they should warn against that...

Honestly I know it sucks it didn't come by the weekend but it sounds like they are handling it, did they ship it today?

JoeKickass,

MoneyCheeba

Seems like the Iso warps the plastic the button is made of, wonder if there is something else that can be used, maybe a solvent without alcohol in it, any takers?

It would be nice if they had an office to accept walk-in people, but if they don't, they don't... as for the mail I have to say, "typical usps..." maybe 75% they work fine but sometimes they just suck.

Your button got stuck because you got iso on it, but they should warn against that...

Honestly I know it sucks it didn't come by the weekend but it sounds like they are handling it, did they ship it today?
If the USPS were the sole problem, I'd understand. Instead, it's Ploom's forwarding service (which they are ultimately responsible for) &, really, Ploom's reluctance to take responsibility for the "stuck" package and/or the issue. The USPS delivered the package on Monday 8/13 (according to their tracking) & Ploom knows this malfunction is a relatively common issue (apparently, it occurs from following Ploom's cleaning instructions using their enclosed iso), yet they won't change the instructions, admit fault or just send out a new unit (knowing that I've done my part to comply).

I'm not bummed that I don't have it by the weekend. Rather, I'm bummed that a company I've had such high hopes for doesn't seem to value its customers enough to make any extra effort to make things right. Instead, they keep promising to send one "tomorrow", then they don't & won't offer an explanation or follow-up until I ask for one.

At best, it's unprofessional...

And no, it didn't ship today either.

Patient Patient,
Reactions: JoeKickass

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
hmmmmmm I wonder why they don't change the button in new units so you can use alcohol. I am not handy like all of you so I would never buy a device I have to mod or play with to work. It I ended up with a stuck button out the window it would go. I am amazed that iso is causing this huge button issue but what do I know.

bazzles

I just tried my Pax with a friend of mine and man does it work well. I'm so pleased with this purchase. I get quiet nice clouds and its practically like having a joint but vapor. I am enjoying this vape quiet a bit.

bazzles,

JoeKickass

I am not handy like all of you so I would never buy a device I have to mod or play with to work. It I ended up with a stuck button out the window it would go. I am amazed that iso is causing this huge button issue but what do I know.

I like your posts dreamer, you keep it real, but believe me when I tell you: you would love the pax. The reason you see these posts are because the people are being deprived of a device which they love so much. It's not so much that it broke, it's that it's not perfect, because that's what a properly working Pax is, simply perfection...

I'm not bummed that I don't have it by the weekend. Rather, I'm bummed that a company I've had such high hopes for doesn't seem to value its customers enough to make any extra effort to make things right.

I can understand that, I'd send an email venting your frustrations and see what happens. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they really don't have your vape yet. If they send you one without receiving one first that says a lot imo, but if they really don't have it you have to see their side of it... now it's on their forwarding company though.

I like your posts dreamer, you keep it real, but believe me when I tell you: you would love the pax. The reason you see these posts are because the people are being deprived of a device which they love so much. It's not so much that it broke, it's that it's not perfect, because that's what a properly working Pax is, simply perfection...

I can understand that, I'd send an email venting your frustrations and see what happens. You have to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they really don't have your vape yet. If they send you one without receiving one first that says a lot imo, but if they really don't have it you have to see their side of it... now it's on their forwarding company though.
For sure. If they'd have shipped me out a new one after they could see via USPS tracking that the other one had been delivered to the address Ploom asked me to send it to, they would've made an enthusiastic, vocal customer for life.

But now I feel like I'm at the mercy of their unnamed forwarding company, & because of the lack of updates from Ploom, I get the feeling that they're not very interested.

In retrospect, I wish I would've just kept the malfunctioning one. After all, it was stuck on "high", which was my preferred setting 80% of the short time I used it. Truth is, I expect the replacement's button to eventually get stuck too, & after this customer service experience, I can't see myself sending it back again (unless it completely stops working, that is).

The forwarding company situation is completely Ploom's responsibility though. I sent it via USPS to the address on the label Ploom sent me (the address was apparently their forwarding company, not their offices). As long as it made it to that address, I did my part. Now, it's time for them to do theirs.

Stay tuned, FCers. I'll keep you posted.

Adobewan

Hahaha that's great, just in case he changes it:
```````````` ||
`````````````V
4npOt.jpg

Thanks Joe.
I do plan to change it once the dust settles:)

flynn

Hello everyone! :D I am new here, but have been lurking this thread.

I cant decide if I should get a cobalt or onyx pax. Does anyone have any nice photos of the cobalt blue pax? When I google image search for blue paxes, there is a huge discrepancy in the colors. Sometimes it looks cyanish, and other times deep ultramarine? >_> Perhaps because retailers are photoshopping it like crazy?

Anyone have any really nice pictures ? :D that show the colors truthfully? much thanks in advance!

flynn,

flynn

0e7bee5ee3f311e180ac22000a1c86a6_7.jpg
fc120530e34a11e18ce622000a1e880e_7.jpg

Found this one on instagram ;)

cool find! but these photos are hyper saturated, and look like they have photo filters / color balance / amped contrast etc, and dont depict the actual colors very well. while pretty, not sure how well this reflects the actual colors of the product.

anyone have any true to color photos ?

the pax is a very stylish product indeed. i'd love to see some more photos in this thread! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom