Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovedoobies!

That case does look pretty cool. Mine should be here Tuesday as well and in perfect timing. I'm going on a road trip and there was no way in hell that I would combust. I haven't used it yet but I already know this will definitely trump my old No2 in performance. I was debating if I should save some money and pick up a solo on Amazon but it really isn't very discreet with a gunked up glass stem.

Trust me I had the solo and it burns the flowers fast and it is huge! I have had a lot of the newer vapes and older like the MFLB vALCANO IOLITE WOOD BOX VAPE REVOLUTION ect A lot of them and this one seems so legit all the way around the unit

Very stoked on this since I just found it 2 days ago and pre ordered asap but then come to find out the wait for the black units ,,,, there was no waiting for me its like I ordered and then bam shipped! So I got lucky and found this unit at the right time so I was not waiting around for months on a pre order :rockon:

ilovedoobies!,

jhpfunk

Mine is coming this Monday or tuesday but I noticed one other site offered this FREE carrying case but I bought mine from vape world and they offer a FREE grinder(all ready have a lot of grinders) ! So I looked into the case the other site was offering and this is what I found!

They are called DIME BAG POUCHES and look like the perfect size so I ordered this grey one for my New PAX.

dimeb-13.jpg
The bag looks protective, but I'd prefer something without the drug reference on the outside :)

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Slightly Medicated...

That 10 min Video you posted for me over on the Puffit thread..

Was that ALL on ONE bowl?????????? Man you got like 30 visible GOOD LARGE CLOUDS off that? And it was still going when you stopped.. Is the PAX really that good??? Never seen ANY unit get that many visible large clouds off one bowl.. How big is the PAX bowl???

Even my Solo which I thought was the best I get like 10 good clouds off one bowl..

If this is the case the PAX is Revolutionary... :bowdown:

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
^ According to slim, the bowl holds about a quarter of a gram. Which is about what I used to vape before my T break. I'm sure a tenth of gram or less will get me there now lol.

tranceporter,

ilovedoobies!

Slightly Medicated...

That 10 min Video you posted for me over on the Puffit thread..

Was that ALL on ONE bowl?????????? Man you got like 30 visible GOOD LARGE CLOUDS off that? And it was still going when you stopped.. Is the PAX really that good??? Never seen ANY unit get that many visible large clouds off one bowl.. How big is the PAX bowl???

Even my Solo which I thought was the best I get like 10 good clouds off one bowl..

If this is the case the PAX is Revolutionary... :bowdown:

Yes we are thinking this is the new future in "VAPORIZER LAND" It does look like the vapor are huge and the battery last a long time according to the makers of PAX and they slam you with the 10 year warranty ..... really 10 years huh Im sure there is nothing on the market with that long of a warranty on vaporizers! With that said I bout one and it will show up tuesday :tup: and I will be doing a full review and un boxing of the black PAX with my super man 1080phd camera.

Also JHPFUNK you are right man but im sure you can just remove the label if you wanted and they are made out of hempster still looks like a nice back for only $8 bucks

ilovedoobies!,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Was that ALL on ONE bow...

Yea you can get about that many hits per bowl. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It depends on how tight you pack, how fine you grind, if you stir, the type of strain, and how fast/slow you pull.

I still find the best way to hit the device is like a cigar.

I can't wait for others to get to use the device. Does anyone have the unit now? I am really curious to hear other peoples thoughts.

Slightly Medicated,

terpsfan726

Yea you can get about that many hits per bowl. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It depends on how tight you pack, how fine you grind, if you stir, the type of strain, and how fast/slow you pull.

I can't wait for others to get to use the device. Does anyone have the unit now? I am really curious to hear other peoples thoughts.

Hello, you keep saying that you think the best way to hit it is like a cigar, care to elaborate? I believe that I have finally decided to get the pax over solo or another mflb, based on all the great things people have said about it.

I have been looking at your YouTube channel, and I am very excited to see the new series ok vaporization that you are starting!

terpsfan726,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hello, you keep saying that you think the best way to hit it is like a cigar, care to elaborate? I believe that I have finally decided to get the pax over solo or another mflb, based on all the great things people have said about it.

I have been looking at your YouTube channel, and I am very excited to see the new series ok vaporization that you are starting!

Well, The slower you draw the more time you give the conduction based oven to produce vapor. The faster you draw the thinner the vapor. If you puff on it like a cigar... umm not sure how to describe that... like pull on using your cheeks and sucking in with your mouth but not your lungs. So that all the vapor pools/collects in your mouth first. It gives everything time to cool down some, and produces the thickest clouds. Then you can inhale and hold the vapor.

The show is coming along. There is allot of work to be done before I will be ready. Another reason I delayed the PAX review is because I just got a new video camera. So I decided to re-shoot the footage. I am such a perfectionist... :doh:

Today, I have been cleaning up my hard drive. I had finally filled up my 1tb hard drive with photographs and videos from work and blog stuff! Time to catalog and back up! :spliff:

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: OpalinDays

terpsfan726

Well, The slower you draw the more time you give the conduction based oven to produce vapor. The faster you draw the thinner the vapor. If you puff on it like a cigar... umm not sure how to describe that... like pull on using your cheeks and sucking in with your mouth but not your lungs. So that all the vapor pools/collects in your mouth first. It gives everything time to cool down some, and produces the thickest clouds. Then you can inhale and hold the vapor.

The show is coming along. There is allot of work to be done before I will be ready. Another reason I delayed the PAX review is because I just got a new video camera. So I decided to re-shoot the footage. I am such a perfectionist... :doh:

Today, I have been cleaning up my hard drive. I had finally filled up my 1tb hard drive with photographs and videos from work and blog stuff! Time to catalog and back up! :spliff:

I see what you are trying to say now, makes sense. Haha can't wait to see the review. when do you think it will be up on your channel? Very excited for it, because it will most likely conclude which vaporizer I will purchase next, and I hope you can throw in some comparisons and your personal opinions on which portable vaporizer is your favorite(pax, solo, mflb, inhalator, puffit, davinci, etc.)

There is just so much on the market to choose from atm ahhh

I am liking your setup for you videos on your channel, and your urge to share you experience and knowledge on vaporizers with others.

terpsfan726,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....

That is AMAZING.. That means the PAX the by far then most efficient Vaporizer on the market hands down with nothing close...

Kuroth1,

secretjuly

Hey after reading this thread and the inhalater one I feel like I'm going to get the Pax and probably order it from vapeworld are there any coupons or discount codes for fc members before I place my order?

secretjuly,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Hey after reading this thread and the inhalater one I feel like I'm going to get the Pax and probably order it from vapeworld are there any coupons or discount codes for fc members before I place my order?

Anyone correct me if I am wrong but I do not think anyplace selling the PAX is allowing discount codes for the PAX.. Which kind of sucks... :rant:

Kuroth1,

bizzonly

Ya this will work for the Pax I used last week. It's 5-off-12. its just 5 % but better than nothing.

bizzonly,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Ok, given the reviews and comments, I'm not going to simply buy this vape...

...I'm going to buy the SHIT out of it. Effin A!! I'll buy this so hard it will make Ploom's head spin. If buying the Pax were an Olympic sport, I'd be a dominant gold medalist.

donald420

hello everyone ive been watching this forum for quite some time now seeing what everyone has to say about the PAX and i have finally decided to purchase one. As i went onto the vapeworld website to buy it i read something saying that the PAX can only be shipped anywhere in the US and Canada. i think this is ridiculous, does anyone have any idea why this is? and if there is anyway else to get one shipped to New Zealand?
thanks

Luke

Thanks to everyone's comments on here I decided to order Pax.
I sent VapeWorld a message to clarify the August 1st vs 15th shipping dates, as I just placed my order on Saturday.
Here is the reply I got (which I must say is great customer service being a Sunday):

"Good news! Our staff is working overtime this weekend to get all pre-ordered black Pax units packed up. These will ship out by August 1st via FedEx Standard Overnight, and you will receive an email with tracking information as soon as it becomes available. Thankfully, this will be your last Pax-less weekend! If you have any further questions, please let us know."

Only applies to people that ordered a black Pax :)

Luke,

Luke

hello everyone ive been watching this forum for quite some time now seeing what everyone has to say about the PAX and i have finally decided to purchase one. As i went onto the vapeworld website to buy it i read something saying that the PAX can only be shipped anywhere in the US and Canada. i think this is ridiculous, does anyone have any idea why this is? and if there is anyway else to get one shipped to New Zealand?
thanks

I think they talked about this a few pages back. Top of page 26 onto 27.

Elvis, everyusername, and other Aussie and Kiwi members, I'm sorry to inform you, Australian Vaporizers reply was disappointing:

"We had assumed we were going to get the Pax as we had some early discussion’s . . . Ploom has restricted the sales territory to a domestic market. I am told they are still negotiating the possibility of servicing international markets . . . We tried really hard to get some stock but it looks like we are going to be missing out for a while down here."

If you're prepared to settle for a different portable model, Australian Vaporizers stock an excellent selection, at competitive prices, with first rate service.

When the going gets tough, the tough get vaping. Kim Jong-Un :uhoh:

Luke,

Elvis

bricked
thanks
Join the club. I think we are going to have to wait a while! :(

Elvis,

ilovedoobies!

Yes this Monday mine is shipped and TUESDAY is Christmas for sure! EVERYONE BUY ONE 10 year warranty cant beat it! "JUST DO IT"

ilovedoobies!,
Reactions: Vapinghole

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
..... really 10 years huh Im sure there is nothing on the market with that long of a warranty on vaporizers!

The MFLB has a lifetime unconditional warranty that even replaces your LB if you damage it through user error. Last time I looked, my MFLB was a vaporizer. ;)

For those outside the US & Canada, ask the Googles to tell you about forwarding companies that provide a US mailing address. Of course, this could affect your 10 year warranty.

Luke

I was curious on this warranty. On the Ploom website it states:
"[...] This warranty does not apply [...] (b) to damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended use as described by Ploom;"

Ploom describes Pax as a product for tobacco, and market it that way too.
Does this mean as soon as I vape bud that I'll void the warranty?
Is there anyway Ploom can tell that it's been used to vape 'unpermitted' herb? haha.

ilovedoobies!

The MFLB has a lifetime unconditional warranty that even replaces your LB if you damage it through user error. Last time I looked, my MFLB was a vaporizer. ;)

For those outside the US & Canada, ask the Googles to tell you about forwarding companies that provide a US mailing address. Of course, this could affect your 10 year warranty.
I dont care really I owned and solo the MFLB because i thought it sucked and I sold it! The battery life sucked also thats why I sold it. Its cool but its not cool lol :p

ilovedoobies!,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom