Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dammit

Can someone with a pax see how effective the outer shell is at magnetism?

My recommendation is to tie a powerful magnet to a rope and drop it behind to try to fish it out.
So I stuck a magnet to mine (JUST got it) and a strong magnet will stick to it pretty well on the side the battery is on. Strong enough to pick up the pax with a small but strong magnet. Tried a reg. fridge magnet and it barely sticks, but I got a couple small, neodymium magnets and they did the trick. Good luck man. Mines just charging for my first ever sess.

Dammit,

JoeKickass

I wondered why the lighted X on my Pax seems brighter on the right side of the X then the left.. Now I see they all seem to be that way(Including in your Video) I thought maybe the light on mine was not totally lined up with the X but it looks like they are all that way.. I know.. Minor thing but I noticed it...

LOVE my PAX...

This is why:
LyJPk.jpg

Also, damn terpsfan that sucks...

JoeKickass,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Shoot bad luck.. your going to need a smaller neodynamium magnet with a flexible/extending pole or worst case a neo magnet duct taped to a straightened out coat hanger, then bend accordingly. Other ideas are a vacuum hose if it has strong enough suction, or I think there's a tool a plumber uses that can grip things down the drain. Don't know what it's called. Another option but problem expensive is to get a flexible flashlight cam to get a better idea how far down it is? What were you doing hiding the thing? It's not a crack pipe, leave it in a drawer, looks like an iPod

skyline

You could take one of those metal wire coat hangers and untwist it to form a long flexible wire, then somehow attach a magnet to the end to fish for your PAX. I've used a coat hanger like this for a similarly helpless situation... when I got locked out my auto-locking apartment room with no key, I shaped the end of the hanger so that I could stick it under the door and hook/pull down the door handle from the inside.

skyline,

Coastal

I noticed the draw takes more effort than my Puffit but the "cigar puff" method works great. Draw a mouthfull or two, inhale it in, repeat. No strain on the lungs. After 2 draws I stop and wait. Always get really medicated. One loose oven lasts the whole day. I just give it a shake to redistribute the contents.

Nylon sheath for 5 inch knife/mini-flashlight or multitool fits like a glove. You can start heatup with the unit entirely concealed while in the sheath. You can see the led indicator light if you look directly down at the mouthpiece. The casing transmits/reflects the light to the top edge. Very easy to see and you can tell when it goes green without taking it out of the case. Keeps odor down. Makes it look like a cheap flashlight or utility knife, very stealthy.

Coastal,

mephisto

I would suggest you get a shop vac with a slim hose on it. Slide it down the wall til you
hear the resistance of your Pax blocking the inlet. As long as the vac has decent power,
it should keep your vape attached as you pull it up the wall. If this is not an option, try
a big wad of duct tape on the end of a straightened clothes hanger. Here fishy fishy.....
Good Luck!!!!

brian420

All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner.
ya i got a 25lb magnet but it is too hard to fish it out cause it gets stuck everytime to things. I am not sure about the cutting a hole in the wall because i am not sure if it went all the way down the wall(didn't sound like it) and that is a big problem cause of the parents...

looks like i will be crying myself to sleep again for the next couple of nights
i tried a claw but it wouldn't fit down there because of the actual ceiling above
please help me with ideas

i might post a picture later
you deserve what you got for attempting to hide it from your parents, leading me to believe you aren't even old enough to own one of these devices. my advice? grow a pair and come clean to your parents, because clearly you're too stupid to handle simple problems yourself.

brian420,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
you deserve what you got for attempting to hide it from your parents, leading me to believe you aren't even old enough to own one of these devices. my advice? grow a pair and come clean to your parents, because clearly you're too stupid to handle simple problems yourself.

Is there an award we can give for the most condescending, assumptive and viciously ignorant comment on a particular thread? Because this one has my vote.

You sir have no idea what you are talking about. Your assuming, for one, that every one that is living with parents is under 18 which is ridiculous, and your also assuming that trying to be discreet is the same as trying to be naughty. Again, ridiculous. My parents accept the fact I use mj, but I still keep all my tools hidden out of respect for them.

But lets put that aside for a second, are you going to pretend majority of teenagers don't already smoke weed anyway? Dont you think that instead of smoking that weed, it would be better for them to use a vaporizer so they can bypass any possible side effects of combustion? Or should we just say "drugs are bad mmk" and pretend that'll do it?

Clearly you have some issues to get so upset and condemning over such an issue...

Modnote: If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem please use the Report feature located near the bottom of each post. Thank you.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Report and move on, Cen ;)

terps, all I'm gonna say on the subject is once you get it back, if you have a desktop computer.... no one ever looks inside of those.

Quetzalcoatl,

terpsfan726

thank you centi for saving my time on the arrogant one above.

the pax is in a plastic bag if that helps. My vacuum didn't really work i have no idea what to do anymore guys

terpsfan726,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
thank you centi for saving my time on the arrogant one above.

the pax is in a plastic bag if that helps. My vacuum didn't really work i have no idea what to do anymore guys
If none of the suggested posts above won't work for you, I suggest looking forward to some basement renovation if you still live in the house when your parents retire or move out. I bet that pax will still work in 10-15 years at least your covered by the warranty for the 10

kushcabbage,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i guessing it would fall straight down. try taking some strong double sided tape and sticking it to a small weighted object and tie to string, then drop down the hole, sticky tape should stick the the plastic pretty well. good luck

we all have our own stupid stoner moments. just a part of life. hahaha

marduk

daydreamer
If the wall isn't too thick, and your magnet is very powerful, you could place the magnet against the wall and try to grab the Pax THROUGH the wall. If the Pax is close enough, it will stick against the wall on the other side and you could slide the magnet to the top, while it's holding on to the Pax on the other side.

marduk,

JoeKickass

Magnet on coathanger wire, or at least use coathanger wire to find where you think it is, listen for something moving maybe?

If all else fails and it's in a spot of your house people don't look at a lot, find where it is, get a screwdriver, and punch through the wall and retrieve your baby!

Then you're going to need somthing like this: Wall Patch

And some of this: Patching Plaster

And one of these: Plaster Spatula

Good Luck, and remember, never leave a man behind!

terpsfan726

tried the magnet through the wall, nope

i feel like i might try to cut a hole in the wall and use those things you posted. The main part i have to figure out is: where is the pax in the wall? If i can figure out how to do that, i might consider getting in the wall when the parents are gone for a day or two. but for now, i am paxless and short $250 unless i can figure out a way to get it :(

terpsfan726,

JoeKickass

tried the magnet through the wall, nope

i feel like i might try to cut a hole in the wall and use those things you posted. The main part i have to figure out is: where is the pax in the wall? If i can figure out how to do that, i might consider getting in the wall when the parents are gone for a day or two. but for now, i am paxless and short $250 unless i can figure out a way to get it :(

Yeah that's what the coathanger is for, do you have the wire ones? They untwist like a big paperclip and give you a 3-4 foot long wire. It's thick so you'll need pliers.

Twist 2 or 3 together and you can tape a magnet to the end, and start threading it down the inside of the wall where you think your Pax dropped, like a big version of those telescoping magnet-on-a-stick things.

JoeKickass,

terpsfan726

Yeah that's what the coathanger is for, do you have the wire ones? They untwist like a big paperclip and give you a 3-4 foot long wire.

Twist 2 or 3 together and u can tape a magnet to the end, and start threading it down the inside of the wall where you think your Pax dropped

i tried it with one coat hanger, and it was obviously too short and it kept getting stuck on some metal tube going down there

i will contact them and see if the warranty covers the pax going on the other side of the wall

terpsfan726,

JoeKickass

i tried it with one coat hanger, and it was obviously too short and it kept getting stuck on some metal tube going down there

i will contact them and see if the warranty covers the pax going on the other side of the wall

Yea you're getting there, try 2 or 3 coathangers with no magnet, see if you can hear/feel something in there

JoeKickass,

BlazedRunner

run high
The amethyst (Purple) Pax is apparently ready early, because I got mine yesterday. This first thing I wanted to test was a very small quantity of bubble hash because that's what I primarily use right now.

[video seems to not be working for some reason]

In that trial I had the Pax on medium and had the oven on for only as long as it took for the light to turn green. I found I get better results if I have the Pax on high, and let the hash cook in the oven a bit longer.

It usually takes only a small pinch in my Arizer Solo stem to get me very medicated, and for heat delivery I've used the Solo itself and the SSV, both of which work very well. The SSV (with the default glass parts) has been the most efficient so far, because I can direct the stream of hot air right at my little hash nugget. The pax doesn't do so well with very small quantities.

I also vaped some of a friend's Bali Shag tobacco with it, and it vaped nice and smoothly. My Pax gets quite hot after a few minutes of continuous use. I'm not sure if this is normal. After about 5 minutes of being on constantly, it's almost too hot to put in my pocket and the oven cover is hot enough to cause a burn. The mouthpiece also gets hot, but not as much as the part of the aluminum body that the mouthpiece fits into. If your lips touch that hot aluminum it can be unpleasant.

Overall I'd say the Pax is a great device, but it excels at a very specific kind of use, namely a full oven and occasional hits, turning it off and possibly stirring in between uses. I tried the cigar puffs that slim mentioned but that didn't give me very good hits with bubble. A long, slow drag seems to work the best. It's not really good for having on constantly for more than about 5 minutes. It gets too hot. But that seems to be the only way I've successfully been able to vape bubble. As such, it is not ideal for my typical usage. I think I would need a purely convection type vape for that. If you vape herb one or two tokes at a time, you're golden with the Pax.

Of course this was my first impression after one day's use. Perhaps I'll change my mind later.

BlazedRunner,

jmorales707

Well just placed the order for the pax was gonna try to wait for the persei herb adapter couldn't wait....was gonna buy a thermovape but read this thread from page 1 and I'm hoping I made the right choice:)

jmorales707,

Dammit

You said you had problems with the 25lbs magnet because it kept sticking to everything, right? How about you insulate the magnet around all the sides except the bottom. Maybe wrap it in thick enough with saran wrap so it won't stick as much but leave the bottom exposed.

Dammit,

terpsfan726

i might be able to fish it out with some coat hangers, but the problem is that there is a metal tube that curves along the wall, and i have a really tight place to work with

terpsfan726,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom