Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so it's been a while since I've shown the Pax thread some LUV :luv:

For a while there, my pax was starting to get to where it didn't matter how much I scrubbed with those little dental brushes, and kept it clean, the MP was still getting stuck, or wouldn't click into place very well and I was getting the temp light. Today, I just got those tiny airbrush brushes in the mail, and gave the spring/clip area a good scrub with the tiniest brush with a little iso, put the MP back on with out lube, and it feel and acts like it did new. I followed the tiny brush scrubbing with one of those dentek dental brushes. So far it's working good, feels smooth and clicks right into place again. We'll see how long this lasts. In the mean time though, here is a little vid, using pax on hi, with some of my glass.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
But I'm pretty sure I've seen retailers who ship internationally offer the pax. I know http://www.vaporexperts.com/ is one...

no this shop told me that they are not allowed to! and they also have this message below their pax discription
We apologize for the inconvenience, but the Pax is only available to be shipped to a United States address at this time.

mrweed,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I have gotten over my pax phobia, I use it every week in a very small club, (holds maybe 150-200 people) I am on a first name basis with most of the staff and I know they'd tell me to stop if they noticed. I let it heat in my pocket, then hit it moving through the crowd. Its funny, I have never seen people smoke in there in the two years I have been going, last week I was blazing up a storm, the people with errl pens came out of the woodwork as soon as they smelt it.:lol:

the ob

all good in the hood.
Just received a pax today and am very excited to try it out.

The packaging was fantastic, but as we know ultimately, the proof will be in the pudding :)

Is there anything I should know other than what I've read and seen in reviews? Tips or tricks?

Thanks in advance. :)

I am guessing a very fine grind works best?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd

The packaging was fantastic, but as we know ultimately, the proof will be in the pudding :)

Is there anything I should know other than what I've read and seen in reviews? Tips or tricks?

dry, find grind, packed tight, use a flat tool or your pinky when cooled. Long slow inhales, puff it like a cigar. Keep charged, and before you use it leave it on the charger overnight. Also the motto here is "a clean pax is a happy pax"

kushcabbage,

the ob

all good in the hood.
How fine? Salt and pepper?

I have read low. Trying that first.

How hard can you pack it down?

Also are some using a second screen on top?

the ob,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
med to fine grind is good. I pack my loads no matter how full, pretty tight packed. You can fill less of the oven, just press it down onto the "screen". Also a second screen is not needed and might just block air flow. There have also been reports of it working fine with a loose pack, so just experiment and see what works for you.

jambandphan03,

I am guessing a very fine grind works best?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

See http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Pax if you haven't yet. That will get you started in the right direction at least. Then it's just fine tuning from there.

Stroked97GT

Hello, I'm new to FC but I've been following this thread fairly closely and I've probably read more than 50% of the 330 pages of this post, and I cant find anyone with a similar issue as me. It being the weekend, Pax is taking their time replying to my questions so I figured I'd ask here. I recently picked up a Pax from a local head shop and took her home. Threw her on the charger, and about 30 minuets later it said green so off I went. I did about 2-3 bowls/sessions before I returned home (it didnt completely die), and placed it back on the charger. It said yellow/orange light, and it seemed to charge forever. I ended up letting it charge overnight after 3-4 hours of waiting for it to turn green, only to awaken and find it flashing a green light while on the charger? I cant seem to find ANYTHING anywhere about a flashing green light while plugged into the charger. And when I take it off, nothing. It wont turn on, it wont flash, it wont do anything besides flash green while hooked up. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of, different outlets, placing it every which way on the charger, everything. I'm very dissapointed to say the least, since I probably used it for all of about 45 minuets before it started malfunctioning. So now, I have a $250 paper weight that I saved about a month for (broke ass college student salary). Is that what I am supposed to expect from a "Premium" vape? If anyone can answer any of my questions, it would be tremendously appreciated.

Sincerely, one unhappy Pax customer....

Stroked97GT,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sounds like you might have a bad unit. Unfortunately, as with all electronics, some fail. I would suggest contacting the shop you bought it from and find out if they honor warranty, or if you need to deal with Ploom directly. Ploom is likely to ask you to do the same at first anyway. Sorry you are having trouble. I know it's disappointing, and being a holiday weekend slows things down even more. Hang in there, I'm sure you will be able to work this out, it might just take a little time.

jambandphan03,

JoeKickass

I ended up letting it charge overnight after 3-4 hours of waiting for it to turn green, only to awaken and find it flashing a green light while on the charger? I cant seem to find ANYTHING anywhere about a flashing green light while plugged into the charger. And when I take it off, nothing. It wont turn on, it wont flash, it wont do anything besides flash green while hooked up.
I think you're right, I've never heard of the flashing green light either!

But it almost sounds like it overcharged to me... the Pax charges pretty fast, usually from yellow takes under an hour, maybe two hours if dead. So four hours of charging seems odd, but also I would try not to fall asleep using a battery charger for the first time.

I know it's tempting with a new toy but if the charger (or in this case the Pax's charging circuit) is faulty and it overcharges the battery voltage too high you can get explosions/fire. It's very rare to get a charger that goes that far, but it's just good to be awake rather than asleep if something happens.

Unfortunately, flashing any color means the Pax is pretty dead, but the warranty process is very painless: http://www.ploom.com/support
Just click chat during business hours and they'll tell you where to send it (they'll send you a new one)

Make sure to tell them about the green light, I think they'll want to know about this one

JoeKickass,

Stroked97GT

I think you're right, I've never heard of the flashing green light either!

But it almost sounds like it overcharged to me... the Pax charges pretty fast, usually from yellow takes under an hour, maybe two hours if dead. So four hours of charging seems odd, but also I would try not to fall asleep using a battery charger for the first time.

I know it's tempting with a new toy but if the charger (or in this case the Pax's charging circuit) is faulty and it overcharges the battery voltage too high you can get explosions/fire. It's very rare to get a charger that goes that far, but it's just good to be awake rather than asleep if something happens.

Unfortunately, flashing any color means the Pax is pretty dead, but the warranty process is very painless: http://www.ploom.com/support
Just click chat during business hours and they'll tell you where to send it (they'll send you a new one)

Make sure to tell them about the green light, I think they'll want to know about this one

Thanks... I was weary to overcharge, thats why I pretty much stared at it the whole time it was charging. After the first 60 minuets I started to panic, lol. Im just pretty worried that the local shop wont return it...

Stroked97GT,

Stroked97GT

If it was overcharged, how come it wouldnt charge at all the 4+ hours I tried charging it? During that time there was no flashing light, just the normal yellow/orange charging light. I would take it off every so often and see if it was charged, only to get greeted by the flashing red light after shaking to check the charge. I read somewhere that the light might malfuction, showing the wrong battery level, so I fired her up and got about 10 decent pulls out of her before she flashed and died while in use (the first time it did this to me). When I placed it back on the charger after this, it still was the normal charging light and not the flashing green light. I only left it on overnight because of a post in this thread, if I recall correctly, about how someone had problems charging, and after leaving it on overnight it seemed to fix their problems. Hopefully it wasnt a user error on my part, as this is my first portable vape of this type. Hopefully the vape gods will have favor on me and magically fix my problems, or Pax/headshop will be nice and replace my unit. Thanks for all your help!

JoeKickass

If it was overcharged, how come it wouldnt charge at all the 4+ hours I tried charging it?
Yeah sounds like you checked for charging just fine, maybe it was never being charged and just showed the orange light and the battery just ran dead?

If the local shop won't exchange it try the chat feature on their site, I'm pretty sure they'll still cover you

JoeKickass,

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
I leave my pax on charge all the time, with both protected and non protected batteries, no problem. It's definitely not a user problem. I agree with Joe, prolly a bad battery.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
it could be unrelated to the charging, it could be a loose connection inside the unit, or a bad solder, etc... any number of reasons for it to malfunction. I leave mine on the charger all the time, and have never had a problem after several months.

jambandphan03,

Stroked97GT

Hmm.. alright. Seems like I might get lucky... flashing stopped, and it appears to be charging. Guess I'll know within the hour :)

Spoke too soon. Seemed to be charging for about 30min only to have it go back to this mysterious green flashing light. I place it on the charger, goes yellow/orange for about 5 or so seconds before going to the quickly flashing light. Might try and get a video up after lunch.

Stroked97GT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hello, I'm new to FC but I've been following this thread fairly closely and I've probably read more than 50% of the 330 pages of this post, and I cant find anyone with a similar issue as me. It being the weekend, Pax is taking their time replying to my questions so I figured I'd ask here. I recently picked up a Pax from a local head shop and took her home. Threw her on the charger, and about 30 minuets later it said green so off I went. I did about 2-3 bowls/sessions before I returned home (it didnt completely die), and placed it back on the charger. It said yellow/orange light, and it seemed to charge forever. I ended up letting it charge overnight after 3-4 hours of waiting for it to turn green, only to awaken and find it flashing a green light while on the charger? I cant seem to find ANYTHING anywhere about a flashing green light while plugged into the charger. And when I take it off, nothing. It wont turn on, it wont flash, it wont do anything besides flash green while hooked up. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of, different outlets, placing it every which way on the charger, everything. I'm very dissapointed to say the least, since I probably used it for all of about 45 minuets before it started malfunctioning. So now, I have a $250 paper weight that I saved about a month for (broke ass college student salary). Is that what I am supposed to expect from a "Premium" vape? If anyone can answer any of my questions, it would be tremendously appreciated.

You should be telling this to the dealer that sold you the vape.
You are wasting valuable time posting all of this here, unless you just felt the need to vent.
You have a ten year warranty... my recommendation: use it ASAP.

Vitolo,

Stroked97GT

You should be telling this to the dealer that sold you the vape.
You are wasting valuable time posting all of this here, unless you just felt the need to vent.
You have a ten year warranty... my recommendation: use it ASAP.

Just venting. Place is closed on Sundays... I'll def be in there the second they open their doors. I just wanted some insight, and see if there was some simple fix or something I was missing because I'm a newbie.. Anyone had any problems sending their stuff back through the mail? Even after a good iso bath, I'd be wary of something "dirty" being shipped. That is, if the shop doesnt take care of it for me.

Stroked97GT,
Reactions: Vitolo

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I thought I'd chime in and say something about plooms amazing customer service. I got one of the first pax from vaporstore who don't even want anything to do with the pax, they took it off their website. https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=pax-vaporizer so I talked to ploom about my problem.. (more detail later) and was asked to send it in to be looked at. They told me since it would take time to determine the problem from their engineers, they sent me a brand new version no questions asked. So now I'm back with my pax, and loving it, everything feels a bit more solid then the first ones that came out.
Anyway I had a strange problem on a business trip.. good thing I was driving alone. I had my pax(empty) in my travel bag with some electronics and my iPad with magnetic cover. Thank god not in my suit bag! Awhile into the trip I smell something burning I thought it was my car, I pull over and check the hood everything is good, I locate the smell to my backpack and smelled a heavy plastic burning smell. The pax had somehow began heating on red with the magnet making it stay on? That's the only thing I can think of. The inside edge of the oven had begun to bubble up and melt that derlin plastic. Horrible smell. Packed it up, sent it to ploom and got sent a happy new better pax. I even told them what i use it for, and I need it medically. They treated me quite well. I don't know if it was the heat of the inside of my trunk in the hot sun on the highway or the magnet, but wow. Anyway my horror story doesn't make me not want to use my pax as it's quite a nice little package, and I never had a problem since from my original pax. Cheers

kushcabbage,

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....

I was just charging my pax, and it was kind of crooked on the charger, so I was rocking it back and forth and the light was flickering. I pushed down firmly on the pax and the light started blinking green !!!!! ....I quickly removed it and placed it back on the charger and everything was fine. I think maybe your contacts on the charger might be screwed up. Try wiggling the pax around on the charger, or check the contacts to see if they are straight. you might have to bend them a little with needle nose pliers. good luck....

welderboy,
Reactions: Vitolo

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
on another note, anyone find a good option for vaping super full melts besides sandwiched in herb? such as a cut piece of ceramic or some safe wire mesh like the volcano pad?

kushcabbage,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom