Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vito as usual broke it down perfectly. The pax is a great overall portable vape that requires regular cleaning for peak performance.

I knew you'd come around once you got one that worked correctly :)
Now that I have a well functioning Pax... it is easy to laugh about how it felt when that first one had issues..
That being said... I am off to the Post Office, with the Pax as my pocket vape for the day..., see ya soon~

I have a question for all you Pax users (sorry if it's off-topic) - when you take a drag, is it more like taking a drag off of a cigarette and then taking a breath of air when you inhale, or is it more of a slow, steady draw where you inhale air along with the vapor?

Purrito Purrpants,
Reactions: Vitolo

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:lol: That's hilarious Vitolo!! I had a blue light bunk one too at first, and if I giggled it just right I could get it to come on and work for a round :rofl:great vid!

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Vitolo

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
I have a question for all you Pax users (sorry if it's off-topic) - when you take a drag, is it more like taking a drag off of a cigarette and then taking a breath of air when you inhale, or is it more of a slow, steady draw where you inhale air along with the vapor?

when using the pax i do a slow steady inhale till my lungs are full then wait a few sec then exhale that dragons breath, hahaha

Holy crap, all I can say is FUCK COMBUSTION! Yeah!
I got the Pax about 45 minutes ago. I unboxed and admired its amethyst sleekness. With trembling hand, I filled the oven about 2/3 and packed it down. I set the initial temp to low, so I could enjoy the entire experience. My taste buds were pleasantly surprised at the robust flavor of the herb. It was as though angels were peeing on my tongue ;)
After a couple of draws, I opened the oven and stirred. I couldn't believe the clouds it was producing. I coughed a few times and immediately had a head high; my face went numb and I immediately had cottonmouth. I smiled.
Then, though I was higher than the space station, I cranked it up to high and finished the loaf. I feel like I'm floating as I write this, and I feel all rainbows and blue skies and sunshine inside.
I am so happy and I just want to say I have a lot of love for all y'all who've made so many great contributions to the thread which ultimately drove me to choose the Pax!
It's a new and wondereful world. :tup:

Jethro

Holy crap, all I can say is FUCK COMBUSTION! Yeah! :tup:

Haha, I'm with ya, on day 2 with this thing, about to pack my 4th bowl. Still pretty clean in there. This is my first vape, and only vaped once before at a party when I was half screwed already. But I'm sold on vaping in general. Taste... I don't nearly trash my lungs... how it doesn't smell up my rented house and how stealth it is in general... how roasted it gets you... I hope this thing lasts the test of time. I am probably going to get a dedicated home unit just from this experience. But for now I am super pleased with PAX.

One thing I notice is that mine takes over a minute to heat up. Is that typical? Low setting or high, it seems to take a lot of time. I've never had it ready in near 30 seconds. But it doesn't really bother me. Could it be possible the battery needs to cycle a few times to perform best?

I'm super happy with the draw. I'm used to smoking joints, it's like a good rolled joint. You don't draw hard, just long instead. I happen to have some really nice nugs right now, so I'm really enjoying the low setting. Grind that stuff up real nice and pack it in there and the taste is fantastic for a long time.

One thing of note is I heard so much about how much more efficient it is to vape than smoke- maybe it's just the PAX, but I find I'm using a lot of bud as opposed to rolling J's. I would guess I'm packing as much in the oven as one of the joints I usually roll, which aren't huge, but would last me two or three good sessions. The PAX I get really blazed with, but I can vape an oven in one sitting easy it seems. I don't know, I may be overmedicating myself with this thing. It's a high like I've never had before. Anyway, props for the PAX and my eyes being opened to vaporizing in general.

Haha, I'm with ya, on day 2 with this thing, about to pack my 4th bowl. Still pretty clean in there. This is my first vape, and only vaped once before at a party when I was half screwed already. But I'm sold on vaping in general. Taste... I don't nearly trash my lungs... how it doesn't smell up my rented house and how stealth it is in general... how roasted it gets you... I hope this thing lasts the test of time. I am probably going to get a dedicated home unit just from this experience. But for now I am super pleased with PAX.

One thing I notice is that mine takes over a minute to heat up. Is that typical? Low setting or high, it seems to take a lot of time. I've never had it ready in near 30 seconds. But it doesn't really bother me. Could it be possible the battery needs to cycle a few times to perform best?

I'm super happy with the draw. I'm used to smoking joints, it's like a good rolled joint. You don't draw hard, just long instead. I happen to have some really nice nugs right now, so I'm really enjoying the low setting. Grind that stuff up real nice and pack it in there and the taste is fantastic for a long time.

One thing of note is I heard so much about how much more efficient it is to vape than smoke- maybe it's just the PAX, but I find I'm using a lot of bud as opposed to rolling J's. I would guess I'm packing as much in the oven as one of the joints I usually roll, which aren't huge, but would last me two or three good sessions. The PAX I get really blazed with, but I can vape an oven in one sitting easy it seems. I don't know, I may be overmedicating myself with this thing. It's a high like I've never had before. Anyway, props for the PAX and my eyes being opened to vaporizing in general.

Glad you are loving yours, too!

I find, in general, it takes about 30 seconds to heat up on low - but it depends on the ambient temperature, I think someone said back further in the thread. But then I give it another 10 seconds after it turns green to let the vapor build up. I didn't time it, but it definitely takes longer to go to high from room temp.

I like the draw, too. After reading so many posts on here, it didn't take me long at all to get the hang of it. I have noticed that it does use a fair amount of herb - however, I think it's an adequate trade-off, what with the quality of the buzz you get from it vs combustion.

Happy vaping! :ko:

Purrito Purrpants,

Belgianvapor

Hi, I'm fairly new to vaping and just recently recieved my Pax, my previous vaporizers being mflb, iolite, wispr and inh004.
I'm very happy with the pax, it's an awesome device both looks and performance are great.
But after reading alot about it on this forum I must say that my battery isn't performing as it should, compared to others here. When it's charged and I power up and shake it, it's green but after one session (not sure, maybe about 10 minutes) and I power it down, when it's on again it flashes orange and by the time my second session is finished, it sometimes already flashes orange, I can get about two more sessions while in red.
I noticed it charges really quick, sometimes under half an hour and the charging light shines green.
Is there anything I can do? charge it longer, charge and deplete a few times?
And my second question is, when it's on and i put it away, so that it goes into hibernation shining blue, the pax will totally shut off after about a minute and cools down, so now the pax is shut off with the mouth piece still out. (might give me a chance to clean it toroughly without depleting the battery)
when I push the mouthpiece back in and out again, it starts to heat up again and no problem whatsoever untill I put it away again, it shuts off again after a minute.
Is this normal for hibernation mode or does it mean my hybernation mode is broken?

Now, the tricky part of my story is that I'm from Belgium, europe so I have bought my pax online, let them
send it to a friend in the states who mailed it to me (costed me about another 150$ because I wanted it here as fast as possible) So I'm not really planning on sending the item back having to pay another 100 or more dollars, I don't even know if my waranty is voided by having it here in Europe.

Belgianvapor,

Belgianvapor

Oh and pardon my English, it's not my birth language so don't shoot me if I write
some horror grammar mistakes :brow:

Belgianvapor,

Jethro

Hello Belgianvapor. I've only had my PAX for a few days now, but what I can tell you is that it took a few charging cycles for my battery to seem to be working normally. I brought mine home and immediately charged it (was flashing red). After my first session, which was only a half dozen or so hits, it was already showing orange. Now that I am on my 4th charging cycle it seems to be taking a better charge. I can go through a whole oven from a fresh charge and it's still showing green.

Don't worry about your grammer, it's better than how many of us could write in Dutch!

Jethro,

Jethro

I have noticed that it does use a fair amount of herb - however, I think it's an adequate trade-off, what with the quality of the buzz you get from it vs combustion.

Happy vaping! :ko:

You have a good point, it sure does seem worth it. The high is fantastic. I think becasue the vapor is so much smoother and easier on my lungs that I can cook a whole oven before I have to put it down. With a joint, halfway through I would have to put it down from the harsh feeling in my throat. Not becasue I was too medicated. So that might be the factor here.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hi, I'm fairly new to vaping and just recently recieved my Pax, my previous vaporizers being mflb, iolite, wispr and inh004.
I'm very happy with the pax, it's an awesome device both looks and performance are great.
But after reading alot about it on this forum I must say that my battery isn't performing as it should, compared to others here. When it's charged and I power up and shake it, it's green but after one session (not sure, maybe about 10 minutes) and I power it down, when it's on again it flashes orange and by the time my second session is finished, it sometimes already flashes orange, I can get about two more sessions while in red.
I noticed it charges really quick, sometimes under half an hour and the charging light shines green.
Is there anything I can do? charge it longer, charge and deplete a few times?
And my second question is, when it's on and i put it away, so that it goes into hibernation shining blue, the pax will totally shut off after about a minute and cools down, so now the pax is shut off with the mouth piece still out. (might give me a chance to clean it toroughly without depleting the battery)
when I push the mouthpiece back in and out again, it starts to heat up again and no problem whatsoever untill I put it away again, it shuts off again after a minute.
Is this normal for hibernation mode or does it mean my hybernation mode is broken?

Now, the tricky part of my story is that I'm from Belgium, europe so I have bought my pax online, let them
send it to a friend in the states who mailed it to me (costed me about another 150$ because I wanted it here as fast as possible) So I'm not really planning on sending the item back having to pay another 100 or more dollars, I don't even know if my waranty is voided by having it here in Europe.

I think your Pax is just fine. I wouldn't worry too much about the battery status light, since we don't really know at what points it changes from green to orange to red. If you're using it for multiple sessions then you have to remember that each time you have to heat it up costs battery life. The Pax is using up the battery whenever it's on regardless of the light colour. As I've said before, I've gotten quite a bit of use out of mine after the battery status reached red. If it charges quickly that's an indication that the battery wasn't really that depleted.

The hibernation behaviour you described is exactly how it is supposed to work. I wouldn't worry about cleaning it with the light on, since it's not heating the oven when the mouthpiece is removed. The LED uses almost no power. If it bothers you, however, simply remove the mouthpiece and put your Pax on the charger for a moment. When you remove it, the light will stay off.

pakalolo,
Reactions: willieR
First off, HELLO EVERYONE! :wave:

Long time lurker here, first time vape owner.

Long time combuster, but I wanted to make some healthy changes, starting with the pax. Just got it a few hours ago, and I am sold on it. The only issue is getting the mouthpiece to stay closed. I have already sent an email in to Ploom about that one, to see what they recommend (new mouth piece etc.). Outside of that issue, everything is green :D

Now I have to start thinking about a at home plug in unit. Leaning towards the LSV, so I can take advantage of old cleaned, combustion water pipes.
:science:

Also how is everyone connecting the Pax to their glass?

Thanks a bunch for all the good reading guys.

Vaped Crusader,
Well I am extremely frustrated.... One of my friends lost my mouthpiece last friday and I ordered a new mouthpiece from Vapeworld last friday. First of all I ordered it on friday and they didn't ship it out until monday. Next they didn't ship it until after the business day was already complete on monday. It has now been 5 business days and the mouthpiece is no where to be found. The tracking info updated that the shipment was "out for delivery" at 9:30 AM yesterday from a post office 15 minutes away from me but nothing has showed up in the last two days. At this point I just sent an email to vapeworld requesting that they express mail me a new mouthpiece.

Also I live in West virginia so it is not like I am far away from vapeworld (located in florida)

Futuretvowner,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
So i just cleaned my mouthpiece and the whole device with this threads instructions. I popped open the mouthpiece a few times and didnt seem to get the temp light problem. How long should you wait before using the device? I used the 91% ISO in the oven and the oven lid and on the mouthpiece. The bottle says flammable :X

Live-N-Learn,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The only issue is getting the mouthpiece to stay closed. I have already sent an email in to Ploom about that one, to see what they recommend (new mouth piece etc.). Outside of that issue, everything is green :D

When you press the mouthpiece down, you need to press right over the exit hole. Anywhere else and it will be much harder to get it to stay down. Mine absolutely refuses to stay down if I press on the other side of the mouthpiece.

So i just cleaned my mouthpiece and the whole device with this threads instructions. I popped open the mouthpiece a few times and didnt seem to get the temp light problem. How long should you wait before using the device? I used the 91% ISO in the oven and the oven lid and on the mouthpiece. The bottle says flammable :X

91% ISO evaporates in no time. You were probably okay before you finished typing that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom